IV vibrant sweat on next island

Is anyone from FPC or MA going to own up and say this is a bug?

Because really, i think you just destroyed sweating.

Honestly... I still think this was/is a bug; as much as I try to think of reason - a good reason that is - I can't find any.

Its hard to image how this could be a bug... Might as well get IMK2 and MMs from "Something out of ordinary" finds... Or receive furniture in crafting instead of gems...

Its hard to image how this could be a bug... Might as well get IMK2 and MMs from "Something out of ordinary" finds... Or receive furniture in crafting instead of gems...

So? the "unlikely" examples you bring are not unlikely or impossible at all. Really, how this works - or at least most likely how it works - is that there are two tables that maps locations to probabilities of finding various enamtters / ores (depending on table). While setting this up for next Island, somebodies fat fingers wrote in the code for vibrant sweat where force nexus was meant to go. If it had been the code for belkar instead, you would have a shocking case of finding ore you would need to extract with a enmatter finder from a enmatter drop :p Or it could have been wool or whatever stackable.

There is also (talking about likelyhoods again) a third table for oots finds that goes like 1/2 small angel scales, 1/2 large angel scales, 1/1000 OA-101 UL, 1/10000 OA-102 UL etc. No reason that MM could not be one of the out of the ordinary finds. None at all. Any items could be there if balance manager decides so.

This would put ME on par with Light ME and Explosive Projectiles, until now it has been bad buisnes to make Light ME instead of regular ME.
/Wille

This is FPC's forum, and this looks like it's happening on another planet besides Calypso... so Hanne and other folks from FPC probably can't comment as it's not really something they have a say in or control over. Another reason MA itself needs to chirp in to some community communication more then just taking support tickets I think.

Its interesting though.. if it IS on purpose and not a bug.. Next Island is potentially destroying the newbie economy of Plant Calypso.. maybe its not a mistake, maybe it is very on purpose.

Its interesting though.. if it IS on purpose and not a bug.. Next Island is potentially destroying the newbie economy of Plant Calypso.. maybe its not a mistake, maybe it is very on purpose.
could very well be one of the things that's suppossed to be special about Next Island to draw some more participants in to it instead of letting them stay over on calypso.

Would be interesting to see planets play these little games like that... Calypso and free rent, Next Island and sweat mining, Rocktropia and ... uh what?... loot that gets you the airtime on Jango but what use is that?... ??? Maybe since it has Rock in the name they will start having stones show up in loot someday?

I confirm...

Bug or not Bug...??? Don't forget that now we can craft with sweat.. maybe that's the reason ...

Interesting...I would say it's balanced if bp's now use sweat BUT this is a separate planet from the one the new bp's are dropping on.

MA did say that planet partners could prohibit certain items from leaving their planets. Maybe Next Island will be able to prohibit sweat from leaving its planet, protecting the Planet Calypso sweat market.

Don't kill sweating, I agree.

It seems pretty clear to me that this is a bug.

When an ingredient is included in a BP, it needs to be classified as ore, enmatter, animal, tailoring or robot to determine the type of residue that can be obtained from it (and consequently the types of residue that can be used to increase the crafted TT).

So my theory is that sweat has been classified as enmatter because of it's inclusion in new BPs - but someone forgot to make it unmineable.

Hadn't actually thought of that.

If this is the case, Marco-n-co should be looking at splitting from MindArk completely. Why develop systems in PC when NI or another planet partner can sabotage them to "steal" the playerbase.

Then again, even by MA's logic, this seems unlikely.

Maybe the mobs on Nest Island can´t give sweat so they found this way to ppl be able to get sweat for the new BPs.

In my ideia this still very unadjusted, 500Kg in inventory and counting? How many decay from the extractor to get 100k of it? plus the probe and finder decay. Sweaters still doing this for free. And since it is a emater loot now, why doesn´t have a markup value like all the others ematers?

Realy I would love to see any comment from any official staff.

It seems pretty clear to me that this is a bug.

When an ingredient is included in a BP, it needs to be classified as ore, enmatter, animal, tailoring or robot to determine the type of residue that can be obtained from it (and consequently the types of residue that can be used to increase the crafted TT).

So my theory is that sweat has been classified as enmatter because of it's inclusion in new BPs - but someone forgot to make it unmineable.

Yes, it occurred to me also. Since alote of ingredients used in craft tend to reappear on mining.

Wish you were right!

Who cares - sweater's dont deposit.

I have deposited a substantial amount for me (easily in the multiple 4 digits).

I also sweat once a while although it's been a very long time since I sold any.

So yeah, some sweaters do deposit.

I can honestly say, i sweated for 6-8months before i deposited into EU.

I guess it was to get a feel for the game, see how things worked etc.

Now i probably deposit more in a month than most have deposited over 12 - 24 months.

So yeah, sweaters do deposit. I think to have sweating in-game is important, it generally gives you a place to start, and enables a new player to grasp the feel for this game that eventually will lead into depositing.

Bad move on Next Islands part if this is NOT a bug.

It may be a bug related to sweat now being bought and used on RT as a crafting ingredient/resource

First off if NI were doing this to intentionally screw Calypso...

MA controls what gets looted...This would trash much of the balance not to mention make many many more people quit.

On the other hand....This maybe the "Big Event" culminating the end of the bot event and everyone just had the ultimate stake thru the heart...Except it was inserted in a pre determined path traditionally used by MA not vampire hunters.

Either this is one big massive screw up or someone is very suicidal and is taunting people to come set the whole schebang on fire and burn it to the ground.

On the other hand....This maybe the "Big Event" culminating the end of the bot event and everyone just had the ultimate stake thru the heart...Except it was inserted in a pre determined path traditionally used by MA not vampire hunters.
:lolup:
You do have a way with words when ranting!

FWIW I opened a support case saying I got sweat from mining.. is this a bug? The initial response was confusion along with a response like 'huh? you were able to sweat a claim rod?'. So now I REALLY think this is unintended. I clarified that no, I actually found a claim of sweat, and sent a screenshot showing the resource deed and me digging up sweat.. I'll see what the next response is.

Breaking the extractor and taking so long, it is not cost effective in terms of decay (directly from TT values). Furthermore an average miner cannot retrieve any claims which is even slightly bigger without running out of time.

With that being the case, I expect lots of sweat finds not to be extracted. Can you sweat in the other planets? If not, or if there ain't much sweaters there, expect people to buy in Calypso and sell there.

Lol might as well drop the claim deed on the ground next to the rod :p

Ok but relay wait and see whats going to happen out of this. Finally we see that there is a possibility of new uses for sweat, lets hope this gos far and revives the sweat market that will revive the trading market and boost us all back into the heydays of 10 - 13 ped / 1k sweat and nice competitive trading of hundreds of traders.

did anyone mine sweat one one of the other planets yet??

(don't worry I didn't)

Anyone have the feeling we are living now in times of utter turmoil?

Just watch fellow UO and WoW friends to rock their chairs like I do, observing this story to its one possible continuations, living vibrant like we used to do, watching never-dieing teasers in our mindspace for now and for eternity.

Wait.. what?

FWIW I opened a support case saying I got sweat from mining.. is this a bug? The initial response was confusion along with a response like 'huh? you were able to sweat a claim rod?'. So now I REALLY think this is unintended. I clarified that no, I actually found a claim of sweat, and sent a screenshot showing the resource deed and me digging up sweat.. I'll see what the next response is.

This is promising... but i am guessing MA staff will get back to wrok... at monday... till then people will get few hundrets milions of sweat that will last for closest 50 years of gameplay...

If they really do not know about the bug... then they are going to have to reset servers to backup (which will not be good...) or have to track each "sweat claim" and change it to for example "nexus claim"... problem is that some of the sweat might have been refined alreade and they have really huge problem...

Lol might as well drop the claim deed on the ground next to the rod :p

Ok but relay wait and see whats going to happen out of this. Finally we see that there is a possibility of new uses for sweat, lets hope this gos far and revives the sweat market that will revive the trading market and boost us all back into the heydays of 10 - 13 ped / 1k sweat and nice competitive trading of hundreds of traders.

Are you crazy? IF this situation will stay like it is now then sweat will be worth in best case like novas 2000% = 0.20ped per 1k and in worst case it will be 200% = 0.02ped per 1k... so basicly any sweater is screwed... miner can get with one claim as much sweat as sweater in about half year (and not just occasional sweater but good one - 3-4 hours of sweating/day for half year) - its freaking nonsense...

Falagor
:bandit:

I guess this is the end of the free 2 play model. It is too late to fix it, by now there must be several millions of sweat bottles in storage. I don't see a happy ending for this :(.

They should have closed the servers as soon as the first person reported the issue.

I can understand how this upsets. :(

Unfortunately, I don't have any answers right now. Going to have to consult with MindArk about this before any proper reply about this can be given.

Unfortunately, I don't have any answers right now. Going to have to consult with MindArk about this before any proper reply about this can be given.

That's a start; thanks Hanne.

I guess this is the end of the free 2 play model. It is too late to fix it, by now there must be several millions of sweat bottles in storage. I don't see a happy ending for this :(.

They should have closed the servers as soon as the first person reported the issue.

Please lets just hope they can fix it or the "game" will slowly die, if no more f2p option even at the silly rate it is at today there wont be anyone staying anymore I think. Or maybe now 1/100 stay, after this maybe 1/1000 sticks around, do we afford to miss out on all those potential depositors???

Glad to see you're talking to MA about it Hanne...

PS: to all you sweater haters out there, wonder what you would say if everyone who started out as a sweater would uninstall and never come back and put money into your loots... (and ofc first dump the skill/item prices as everyone wants their cash fast so they undercut each other)

Thanks for the quick response :thumbup:.

now we wait

shall we send support cases if we find one of these claims?

I got one and received 48K sweat from it.
Put it in my storage not touching it till we get more info

Back