News: I've created an Instagram focusing on the development in Unreal Engine 5

A lot of the content created ofr Setesh moon for UE5 was also implemented in the new Echidna expansion. Give it a try guys, to get a glimpse of UE5 :D

Also OP should change from 'weekly updates' to 'periodical updates', so people get less upset... :D

How about a new video :) I was excited!!!

If you look at MindArks website they are hiring a Data Engineer and also a Backend Engineer. This suggests to me they are most likely finished with the graphics or graphics is not their focus of development now. Also they have shared the graphics they wanted to share and don't wish to share anymore graphics.

Instead they are working on behind the scenes coding that won't have any pretty pictures to show. So yes, change opening post to maybe "no updates for now but will resume in the future".

A lot of the content created ofr Setesh moon for UE5 was also implemented in the new Echidna expansion. Give it a try guys, to get a glimpse of UE5 :D

Also OP should change from 'weekly updates' to 'periodical updates', so people get less upset... :D
Unreal engine 5 isn’t just about slightly shinier graphics(design choice is still important).

There’s NOTHING inside the new Echidna expansion that couldn’t have been done a decade ago, as seen by them release it before UE5 update.

Unreal engine 5 isn’t just about slightly shinier graphics(design choice is still important).

There’s NOTHING inside the new Echidna expansion that couldn’t have been done a decade ago, as seen by them release it before UE5 update.
A good game isn't determined by the engine it uses. With enough passion and determination a game engine cannot limit a developers ability to craft something fun and full of wonder and discovery.

The hopes for the unreal engine are sky high, but the expectations are pretty low due to the track record of who's making it.

A good game isn't determined by the engine it uses. With enough passion and determination a game engine cannot limit a developers ability to craft something fun and full of wonder and discovery.

The hopes for the unreal engine are sky high, but the expectations are pretty low due to the track record of who's making it.
Exactly, are certain engines just easier to work with, or have different general designs and ways to implement things? Yes.

But it’s the actual developers, coders, designers, QA testers etc. that ACTUALLY make the game.

I mean besides budgeting, shitty CEOs, etc.

But Mindarks big thing has generally always been a top down issue when it comes to design, ideas and implementation.

There’s no good reasons to make every weapon look and sound the same except “saves money and/or we’re lazy”.

If Boarderlands could do it a decade ago, Mindark COULD, if they gave a shit.

wow. an update of Morrowind. so cool

I mean, we don't know nothing, what if development has been abandoned. no eu5 coming ever at all.

This video is over a year old, and it has been the last vital sign of their UE5 progress, the biggest upcoming change of the game of the past 16 years.

Every other game developer I know bombs their playerbase with weekly updates about their next big(gest) thing.
With dev blogs, eye candies, teasers, work-in-progress pics, achivements of their to-do list, stories, fan-zines, etc.

What does MA provide here, other than utter silence since over a year, about their most exciting product development in decades, on which the fate of the company depends?
And why?

@My|MindArk @Ludvig|MindArk

Last edited:
So radio silence pretty much. This is nothing new with MA though lol. Honestly though I had another major PC crash in December so I had to buy a cheap laptop and this only has integrated graphics. I can just about run EU on it but in low settings. I have been saving for a new gaming PC again though. I had so many PC issues the last 2 years its crazy really. Just so unlucky.

But the grand scheme of things is I can get my PC maybe March time. So not much of a hurry now seeming Q2 2025 is the so called release window for it atm. Still super excited for it though. I still hope they do not mess anything up, but we are talking about MA here after all haha.

Back