News: I've created an Instagram focusing on the development in Unreal Engine 5

Some interesting concept art :)
A Genesis building at Shinook ?

index.php

animator_rigger_header_image.jpg

Looks like a redesign of Harrier Assault in Unreal Engine 5 (pulled from MA website under careers)

Looking like a boring planet with the dark barren rock. I hope they look back at the old planet they had with Gamebryo... a forest of purple trees etc.

Looking like a boring planet with the dark barren rock. I hope they look back at the old planet they had with Gamebryo... a forest of purple trees etc.
Gamebyro?

Gamebyro?
yes, before Cryengine we had gamebryo as an engine. Here are some examples of how it all looked " Alien" and not from this world. Cryengine, while superior, didn't manage to give the planet the alien feel that Gamebryo did. The plants were all copied over, but the density of them was lost. Like Phasm who used to live in a forest of gigantic trees, where you could barely see the tops. In cryengine, possibly to keep the performance up, it turned into a frozen desert.

index.php

Somehow oculus seemed in place. The vegetation matches the creature.

index.php

while these trees are also in cryengine.. again.. the density is lost and you never feel like dieing from them.. it used to be very special to explore these areas.

It would be wise, rather than to focus on how good the stones look, and how the water looks just like earth, to see if you can make the planet feel more alien.

There you go with the alienish vegetation ;)

index.php

yes, before Cryengine we had gamebryo as an engine. Here are some examples of how it all looked " Alien" and not from this world. Cryengine, while superior, didn't manage to give the planet the alien feel that Gamebryo did. The plants were all copied over, but the density of them was lost. Like Phasm who used to live in a forest of gigantic trees, where you could barely see the tops. In cryengine, possibly to keep the performance up, it turned into a frozen desert.

index.php

index.php

while these trees are also in cryengine.. again.. the density is lost and you never feel like dieing from them.. it used to be very special to explore these areas.

It would be wise, rather than to focus on how good the stones look, and how the water looks just like earth, to see if you can make the planet feel more alien.
Oh my what a flash back to the good ol past. Loved running around in nature mining only depending on the colour on the land😂

index.php

index.php

totally get where you are coming from, before my time but I get the sentiment

My biggest worry going to unreal is we will further lose the vastness and alieness of Calypso and of eu.

I wonder if you could tell us MY if you all at MA plan to keep the game the size and feel or further alien feel it is or once was.

Thank you :)

Whilst I am pleased to see that the game will migrate to Unreal5 and it gives me hope for its long term future. May I ask as several others have that you do not restrict communications, to specific media.
Many players have personal preferences or past problems with some social media such as facebook. Others may live in countries where there are restrictions/monitoring on use.
In fairness to all, and at a very small overhead of your time (cut and paste is a wonderful thing), could you please duplicate the content on all of the channels you have opened for COMMUNICATION over the years. Forums (including this one), your main webpage could perhaps have a new tab just for this topic, as well as social media and other advertising tools.
You get a wider audience, and we don't feel we are being ostracised if you use a media we prefer to avoid.

@My|MindArk - Where can we post suggestions for things to be implemented into the game?

I would love to suggest you to add new Sound options so we got more options to disable certain "TYPES" of sounds. So for example, "Pets" I wished there was an option so we can turn down or mute the sounds of pets in game. As they sound so bad some of them and they drive me nuts lol. While I am crafting and people have their pets spawned inside the Hangars makes it annoying as hell. I do not want to have to keep switching to different hangars in different locations just to avoid crowded places and people with spawned pets. I like to craft in the places with a high population hangar :)

Thanks I will be following the new Instagram page too, I can not wait for the Unreal 5 Engine version. I hope it will make the game even better than it currently is and will allow you to improve it even more going forward to :)

LMAO.
This game few days ago was supposed to be ready December 2021.
And now they post:
"Virtuverse Coming To Unreal Engine 5
We’re starting from scratch; Everything about Alpha 7"
We’re starting from scratch! LMAO
I don't know how this is legal, especially for RCE game where you sell 800$ packages and 8$ monthly for I don't know what, minimum 5 years before the game is ready and probably never will be.
After 3 years of development We’re starting from scratch! LMAO. Come back after 3 years when unreal engine 6 is here.

I followed virtueverse for a while and I followed them alot and the devs said some fishy stuff that sent out my red flags. I won't tell people not to support them but I won't be hedging my bets on them.

I think what everyone really wants to know is what globals and hofs will look like

Based on what they have released on Instagram, this is gonna be a whole new game. Overhaul of items, places and creatures.

If you buy anything due to its appearance in-game I believe it is safe to say it will look significantly different in UE5. Makes me a touch nervous.

We did make it through the CryEngine upgrade. When it is all said and done, I hope it's still fun to play :thumbup:
:beerchug:

Based on what they have released on Instagram, this is gonna be a whole new game. Overhaul of items, places and creatures.

If you buy anything due to its appearance in-game I believe it is safe to say it will look significantly different in UE5. Makes me a touch nervous.

We did make it through the CryEngine upgrade. When it is all said and done, I hope it's still fun to play :thumbup:
:beerchug:
Well expect them to simply wipe the world you know and are used to. I still remember places from gamebryo, sometimes I think let's hunt that molisk spawn close to atlas.. but helas.. it doesn't exist... the purple forest with the faucerfix.. forever gone. If you spend a lot of time in a virtual world, you think it will always be there.. but it will be time to say goodbye , yet again, to all the stuff we have grown fond of.

Reactions: San
Well expect them to simply wipe the world you know and are used to. I still remember places from gamebryo, sometimes I think let's hunt that molisk spawn close to atlas.. but helas.. it doesn't exist... the purple forest with the faucerfix.. forever gone. If you spend a lot of time in a virtual world, you think it will always be there.. but it will be time to say goodbye , yet again, to all the stuff we have grown fond of.

Yeah same, there are plenty of areas from PE that are stuck in my head whether it be the mob area I hunted over and over or mining areas I frequently went to. There are similarities between Entropia then and now but I expect the change to UE5 to be even more drastic to show off the new abilities of the engine.
I'm optimistic and looking forward to going exploring and seeing the world develop but yet I know there will be plenty of things I'm sure will change that I'll reminisce about later.

Back