News: I've created an Instagram focusing on the development in Unreal Engine 5

They have 65 staff now, there should be fairly regular ue5 posts I really don't understand why the IG for ue5 has been dead for ages, makes the game look so dead. Also while I'm having a whinge wasn't there meant to be desk models?

Boorum desk model wen?
I want to buy that ribbon that was on count vamp, would be great for my husband.

I'd love a job as MA community manager, 4 posts a month at most and paycheck.

I'll even do 6 for half the price !

I'd love a job as MA community manager, 4 posts a month at most and paycheck.

I'll even do 6 for half the price !
My is the community manager now, Ludwig is the main forum moderator now, so the community manager makes far less than 4 posts a month in reality more like 4 a year, whereas we get posts from the main forum moderator more often that are no longer community manager posts technically

Last edited:
They have 65 staff now, there should be fairly regular ue5 posts I really don't understand why the IG for ue5 has been dead for ages, makes the game look so dead. Also while I'm having a whinge wasn't there meant to be desk models?

Boorum desk model wen?
Typical MA for you.

I see that many of you are wondering if there will be any more updates from the UE5 on our Instagram, it's exciting to see how curious everyone is about the development and I want to reassure you that pictures will be uploaded there when we have more material to show you. Still, I would also like to proceed and quote Dennis from the Development update for Q4 2022 thread:

In the upcoming development cycle we are moving a substantial amount of resources back over to Entropia Universe in order to focus on the 20th anniversary content creation while the Backend and Gameplay team continues to build up the necessary foundation for the Unreal project.

Due to us moving a substantial amount of resources back over to the current Entropia Universe, the development of UE5 Entropia is happening a little bit slower than what you've earlier experienced.

I can also see that many of you feel disappointed at my activity here at the forum and I appreciate the feedback on that. I'm bringing that with me and will do some changes to my activities here on the forum.

In Zootopia there is this DMV scene and I was like "Wow, this seems slow" but then:

the development of UE5 Entropia is happening a little bit slower than what you've earlier experienced.

On a more serious note, I can't wait to see how you are stepping up your game and whether it happens soon, soonish or not anytime soon.

hopium

I think I took the blue pill and woke up.. was that meant to happen?

I see that many of you are wondering if there will be any more updates from the UE5 on our Instagram, it's exciting to see how curious everyone is about the development and I want to reassure you that pictures will be uploaded there when we have more material to show you. Still, I would also like to proceed and quote Dennis from the Development update for Q4 2022 thread:

Due to us moving a substantial amount of resources back over to the current Entropia Universe, the development of UE5 Entropia is happening a little bit slower than what you've earlier experienced.

I can also see that many of you feel disappointed at my activity here at the forum and I appreciate the feedback on that. I'm bringing that with me and will do some changes to my activities here on the forum.
Is the autumn creature blogpost still happening?

If so many people are working on the TWEN even for so long it means that MA is preparing something special, at least I hope so. But there's no set date yet is there?

If so many people are working on the TWEN even for so long it means that MA is preparing something special, at least I hope so. But there's no set date yet is there?

We plan to start this in Q1 2023. No exact release date yet.

We have new content planned for this event, more info will be shared as we get closer to the actual release.

I do very much appreciate you, and my main point and hope is that we do hear more from you and MA. I'm just jaded from years of experience. There has always been this pattern of "OH LOOK what we got planned, here we are.... *blank*" And then it's like two weeks later MA is bored with it or forget all about it. So I've sen other comm. managers, even the new CEO said he'd communicate more and didn't.
Quantity doesn't equal quality, but really 129 posts since May2019 that's 2 and a half years , 3 a month average.
I would love if we had weekly communications, but 10 years in this game .. I know it's never going to happen.

I do very much appreciate you, and my main point and hope is that we do hear more from you and MA. I'm just jaded from years of experience. There has always been this pattern of "OH LOOK what we got planned, here we are.... *blank*" And then it's like two weeks later MA is bored with it or forget all about it. So I've sen other comm. managers, even the new CEO said he'd communicate more and didn't.
Quantity doesn't equal quality, but really 129 posts since May2019 that's 2 and a half years , 3 a month average.
I would love if we had weekly communications, but 10 years in this game .. I know it's never going to happen.
Yea it’s always just talk…

Pretty awesome to find dev posts about the TWEN event under this thread. Reminds me of the beginning of loot 2.0 ERA where devs occasionally posted really important information under non-relevant/complaining threads

I know nothing about coding but this new engine just keeps getting better. The mechanics and graphics but also performance gets better.
I'm very excited to see how Entropia will turn out.
The new Unreal Engine update explained in this video:

"in 5.1 the recommended areas for environments has expanded from 22km to 80 000 000 km".

I know nothing about coding but this new engine just keeps getting better. The mechanics and graphics but also performance gets better.
I'm very excited to see how Entropia will turn out.
The new Unreal Engine update explained in this video:

Details some of the new features in the newest update, but yes.

Working with it and dealing with it makes me question why anyone really bothers using other stuff these days. Mostly just down to having old crepid in house engines that get patchworked lol..

And to imagine its 100% free to use, and publish games with as long as your revenue remains below 1 million USD as well, kind of crazy.

"in 5.1 the recommended areas for environments has expanded from 22km to 80 000 000 km".

Realistically only about 85 million :<

I definitely will follow your Instagram account MindArk. I wish the Entropia Universe developers would one day update the graphics in the game or create a more modern version of this old-school game. Amazingly, people like you are still making content for Entropia Universe, but unfortunately, developers don't care much about the community. At your place, I would buy some paid advertisements for your IG account or approach a promotional service like Famoid and get more followers. Maybe devs will pay attention and start working with the community about switching the game's engine.

Last edited:
Back