JamhotTV : Let's it ROCK!

Jamhot

Elite
Pinky! Where are the plans for our return to Entro
Society
Freelancer
Jamhot 'Jamhot' Daddy'O'
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bZF6PkjwGQ[/YOUTUBE]​

This might be a little early, but what the hell. Here's my entry! Enjoy :tiphat:

Or tear it to pieces , it's upto you! :D

Jamhot

Nicely done :thumbup:

Darn... I was beaten :laugh:
But 11 was your first pull! :D

Looked like 4 ped for 1K sweat :)

Nice video

Give that man 100efd, I'm anticipating drop in sweat price :D

Jamhot

Pssssst! *buying sweat at the boxes :D

Good job man. :)

I like that view through the sweat tube ;)

Good luck. It's the best one I've seen so far.

Good job man. :)

I like that view through the sweat tube ;)

Good luck. It's the best one I've seen so far.

I know I'm sure I've seen that in a picture somewhere or something! :scratch: :)

Cheers JC

Jamhot

Hmm... It's nicely done, but tbh Jamhot, I expected something absolutely smashing from you... You are doing well with operating your camera, but this we knew before... So when you're planning to post your video for the contest, huh? ;P I mean the winning one?

Jamhot,
I really like this one, well done....markets the Universe well...all the basics are covered without going overboard. Nice progression from Noob to "invested" avatar. Explained quickly and simply.

Although...if I where the Marketing Manager...I'd want to add in at least one Global or HOF for the dramatic effect! I'm sure you considered it and decided against it...but you should maybe consider it again....even if it's some other avatar....a "maybe you could be this lucky" type of teaser. That, or a shot of some high end avatars...something to aim for, if you know what I'm getting at.

Excellent work, you have my vote!

Regards,
RiRa

Hmm... It's nicely done, but tbh Jamhot, I expected something absolutely smashing from you... You are doing well with operating your camera, but this we knew before... So when you're planning to post your video for the contest, huh? ;P I mean the winning one?

I just wanted to keep it simple, not oversell it just present what actually is.

Why present a n00b viewer with massive mobs and superb armour than when he gets ingame realises he's gonna have to fork an arm and a leg out to get to that level of hunting.

It's like telling someone the ending of a story, it spoils the surprises! :)

Yup I know it's simple but that's how I thought I'd approach it. Anyone entering EU after watching that isn't going to be under any false illusions , in fact they'll think blimey i'm getting 5ped for 1k sweat the guy on the vid only 4ped....sucker! :D

Like Ronseal, it does exactly what it says on the tin! :D

Jamhot

Nice!

Yo Jamhot Nice one!

I liked the idea of the one main character throughout the video.

Also, nice use of camera movements . :)

:thumbup:

It seems that Jamhot got the essence of MA's video contests: the key to success is not in the grandiosity and spectacularness (mm.. is there such a word?), but in the practicalness. That's what I think about everytime I see here posts like "looking for resurrectors for video" or "a bunch of ubers for hire". MA don't want you to remake the "300", they're looking for something they can use as an advertising material, that's what previous contest taught us about. So a mix of commercial and educational film works much better than a little blockbuster.

I'm sure this video is a candidate to win. Of course, players will probably choose their own favorite, something full of effects or drama, as it happened with the "Perfect day", but it's a contest, you hardly can please the jury and the audience at the same time and it's important to set a priority. After all - it's Jamhot, he can show us dramas every day on his screens :D, but the contest you can win only once.

So, perfectly done :thumbup:

Very Nice and Informative :)

Your Welcome ! and you know why ;)

Really nice vid Jamhot, I really liked the informative nature of it and I agree that a new player isn't being suckered into it, they can quite cheaply play the game in the way you presented it.

I kind of look at it like trying to get more people into Formula 1 racing, better to get people driving go karts then let them make their own progression once they develop a love for car racing.

Really nice vid Jamhot, I really liked the informative nature of it and I agree that a new player isn't being suckered into it, they can quite cheaply play the game in the way you presented it.

I kind of look at it like trying to get more people into Formula 1 racing, better to get people driving go karts then let them make their own progression once they develop a love for car racing.

Thankyou Ozi and nice analogy! ;)

Jamhot

Scorchio !!!

J J J J J J Jaaaaamhot

Why present a n00b viewer with massive mobs and superb armour than when he gets ingame realises he's gonna have to fork an arm and a leg out to get to that level of hunting.

Yup I know it's simple but that's how I thought I'd approach it. Anyone entering EU after watching that isn't going to be under any false illusions , in fact they'll think blimey i'm getting 5ped for 1k sweat the guy on the vid only 4ped....sucker! :D

Jamhot

hehe yea... the illusions.... but maybe we need illusions for play eu:D

very nice Jam!

Simple, straight to the point, and cool music to boot!

Very good, I'd have waited though lol.

I should really finish writing the story to mine lol.

Jamhot

Yes, it is nice that it's simple. From what I've seen so far, some of videos are overloaded with uberness or just glued together like some kind of patchwork without any message. Yours is informative and simple, and it's positive thing. As I wrote, also camera manouvers are very good. It's also a nice reportage from our cozy world :) I'm sorry if my previous post was depressing for you, it shouldn't and you shouldn't understand my opinion like I said it's bad movie, because it isn't. Well done and good idea and I think it is very strong entry in this competition.

I'm aiming personally at different viewer and not going to make my movie either informative or uber (altough according to the current scenario I will need resurrecter lol) as I myself am not reporter nor uber. I also liked my soc mate's, Thalion's movie, as it was made with some sense of humour. Even if it was Thalion's very first time :)

very nice :) , but what I'm curious about is how are we suppose to make a video showing the new "cryENGINE" if it isn't introduced yet....?

found the download nevermind *edit* :)

Last edited:
Great Job Jamhot, covered everything very well. The ability to purchase real life items with ingame money is amazing! ;-P

Great Job Jamhot, covered everything very well. The ability to purchase real life items with ingame money is amazing!
It really is the future of trading in viruality/real life ! Just thought I'd show of the groundbreaking possibilities, Glad you liked. :tiphat:

Jamhot

Yes, it is nice that it's simple. From what I've seen so far, some of videos are overloaded with uberness or just glued together like some kind of patchwork without any message. Yours is informative and simple, and it's positive thing. As I wrote, also camera manouvers are very good. It's also a nice reportage from our cozy world :) I'm sorry if my previous post was depressing for you, it shouldn't and you shouldn't understand my opinion like I said it's bad movie, because it isn't. Well done and good idea and I think it is very strong entry in this competition.

I'm aiming personally at different viewer and not going to make my movie either informative or uber (altough according to the current scenario I will need resurrecter lol) as I myself am not reporter nor uber. I also liked my soc mate's, Thalion's movie, as it was made with some sense of humour. Even if it was Thalion's very first time :)

I was honoured Sarah that you expected more from me! :) And I also appreciated the comments, they didn't make me depressed. Quite the opposite I was smiling from ear to ear reading it.
If anything it gave me an opportunity for me to explain why yes it was simple.
I look forward to seeing your entry and wish you all the best!

For those that might've missed it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bZF6PkjwGQ

Jamhot

Good job jamhoot as usualy.... :)

It seems that Jamhot got the essence of MA's video contests: the key to success is not in the grandiosity and spectacularness (mm.. is there such a word?), but in the practicalness. That's what I think about everytime I see here posts like "looking for resurrectors for video" or "a bunch of ubers for hire". MA don't want you to remake the "300", they're looking for something they can use as an advertising material, that's what previous contest taught us about. So a mix of commercial and educational film works much better than a little blockbuster.

I'm sure this video is a candidate to win. Of course, players will probably choose their own favorite, something full of effects or drama, as it happened with the "Perfect day", but it's a contest, you hardly can please the jury and the audience at the same time and it's important to set a priority. After all - it's Jamhot, he can show us dramas every day on his screens :D, but the contest you can win only once.

So, perfectly done :thumbup:

Why ty Svarog!!! That's so very nice of you to say so. :ahh: :tiphat:

Jamhot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bZF6PkjwGQ

Back