Jaywalker's Free Colouring and Texturing Service

Purple Shiny stuff :D Thanks jay :)

aakas_skirt.jpg

New Jays artwork.. Again - Thanks!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tyvm Raz, Alaina and
Nikita :) +reps all round

Just gotta quote this one. It went to the next page too fast!

Purple Shiny stuff :D Thanks jay :)

aakas_skirt.jpg

Can't believe that's my own work! But Alaina has to take some of the credit for design. I initially came up with the tight shirt and pants design, and alaina thought of the perfect items to complement them! :)

By the way, MA have not fixed the display bug in the shop yet. Grrrrrr. so I've gone a bit further towards putting matching colours together. If you spot some black shoes, for example, you'll find a bunch of other black things nearby.

Today, I added some new stock, took out some older stock and marked a few things down (one had been put too high by sheer mistake :ahh:)

jay :)

Great screenie, AVALON. tyvm :)

I have now maxed Plumatergus!:yay: Er...anybody know a really good pluma spawn? haven't managed to loot one single hide yet :laugh: Also a hair short of maxing snable.

Coming soon: Sabakuma, Combibo, Hebredite, Songkra. Willing to provide enough free texture enhancers to max these ones

Last edited:
Guess what? MA still haven't fixed the clothing display bug. So , I've rearranged things a bit in the shop, so that in most areas you can find the colours you want easily by looking at the things that still display properly, such as hats and footwear. You'll generally find similar colours next to these. The Men's section near the rk-5's wasn't easy to rearrange though, so I took the boots and things out of the shopkeeper and put in some other things (as the things in the shopkeepers do display properly)

More new stock added! And I've changed the Orange display, opposite the door, to a red-orange-and-yellow display:

shop1b.jpg

Men's stuff on the left, Women's on the right (of course! :p)

As for the Charity drive...OK, Ok, I failed to popularise orange, and didn't sell a single piece of orange clothing all month. However I did raise 141 PED from tips :) I'll be handing that over to Syrinx, to add to her Autism charity fund

PS. What shop??? Check out the link in the bottom of my sig

Just a little bump
(Can't think of anything to say O.O :laugh:)

I have FINALLY MAXED brown :yay:

brownv_paint.jpg

As Alaina says, EU brown isn't exactly brown...more like "nude" (if you're of European descent). However I've found a few texturing tricks to make it look browner, of course

brown.jpg

Next up will be turquoise and dark green. I'm already well into SIB for these...but not well enough to offer them professionally (damned colour enhancers too pricey. Go to Leeloo! :laugh:)

I have FINALLY MAXED brown :yay:

As Alaina says, EU brown isn't exactly brown...more like "nude" (if you're of European descent). However I've found a few texturing tricks to make it look browner, of course

brown.jpg

gratz!
hehe ye plain brown is quite boring. I often use Burnt Umber instead, which looks much browner..

the "darkening" textures work also well underneath other colors to make them more shiny/intense/dark like orange or green or dark blue etc etc :)

Excellent!!

Just have to thank you for your great work on my new look :bowdown:

You are very nice, have an interesting shop, with a good fashionable assortment!

attachment.php

* Master Coat
* Storm Kolor Jeans
* Feodora
attachment.php

* Ariiibbaaahhh hat !

Hope to do business with you again in the future :dance:

/Chronos

Latest piece of new work. Just spent hours helping lady Generic Face work out her new amazing outfit. Have to say, the ideas were all hers,my own contribution was just how to best execute them .

Hope you'll agree it was time wll spent!

Thank you very much for the great service, and patience while I figured out the system. I love the new outfit, it came out great.

you're welcome, Lady. Was fun :)

Now, in case anybody had their eye on the Tiarak/ Banite Cognac Coat (M) in the Shopkeeper: I just customised a Feodora to match, and I'm giving both a spin on auction, before returning them to the shop, if unsold. (I don't like to list things week after week, because those auction fees are a killer)

Usually, I like to use Banite at low satuarations to bring out the patterning. But, for a change, I've applied it at 100% here and added a touch of Steel Blue to bring out the silvery colour.

Another happy customer :)

attachment.php
[/IMG]
attachment.php

Last edited:
Tyvm for the pic, Krazycat! And the nice words, Leeloo :)

I just made myself a swimming costume! Here it is:

marine1.jpg

I used Feran on the bustier, and a low-ish saturation of Veda on the main field of the shorts. All overlaid with turquoise (still not maxed, but near enough to play with. can't wait to max it). I also used steel blue, and shiny stone textures on the belt and buckle.

You still have to be careful with these textures btw, because they still come out asymmetrical, and veda still has oversized dark splotches in inconvenient places (eg on one breast of bustier) . But these were not big problems on these two items.

I 'm fascinated with the way the colours change in different lightings, and how it seems to blend chameleon-like with my surroundings when I go for a swim in it:

marine_9.jpg

marine_7.jpg

marine_1b.jpg

I nabbed the sandals back from the shop!They are Hoplite Sandals (to protect my feet from beached snappers! ) textured with Ospra. They were coloured blue, but the Ospra gives that a turqoise hue)

Many thanks to Boltz for supplying this pic of the custom job I did on his chopper today:

chopper.jpg

The main body is Nusul and the stripe is Ospra

Veda Revisited

After what they did to my veda textured bustier in the FUBAR update, I've been a little bit off Veda texture. Yes, it still comes out aymmetrically, with big dark slodges in embarassing locations.

However, I thought it still looked cool on this Cognac Coat, and will surely still look good if this issue ever gets fixed (maybe even in the current v.u. as I type? :girl:)

veda_coat.jpg

(Note I put the Sopur texture at 97-98% for maximum shine?)

Apart from this, Veda is still really nice for trims, edges and what-have-you:

veda.jpg

(coat and beret currently in the shop. Radar Jacket currently on auction)

Heya,
Is it possible to skins something in cobalt?
i think it would almost glow in the dark, with the blue stripes :) - would be neat to see.

Heya,
Is it possible to skins something in cobalt?
i think it would almost glow in the dark, with the blue stripes :) - would be neat to see.

Hey Chronos :)

I have seen stuff textured in Cobalt , and it does look awesome. However if you check out this list ( post ~4 for future reference) you'll see that it maxes at lev 53.2. :eyecrazy: So, if that's what you want, I guess you'll just have to see Summer...and bring along about 80 enhancers

jay :).

Well I promised myself I wouldn't craft nor customise any more squared pants til I sold a pair. (That's after crafting two (M), two (F) and customising three of them). They are bigger PED-holders than cognac coats!

They are also a lot more rare than cognac coats. So if you fancy having an unique clothing item, you're not very likely to find two squared pants the same :)

The good news is my purple pants have sold on auction! :yay: (at least they will be sold in 2-3 hours, starting bid having been met) So you might just see some more squared pants swirlies soon.

That still leaves the vivid orange-and-yellow (M) ones in the shop, plus some blanks. And these, which I customised a few days ago:

I took the pics in a lower grapghics setting than usual (medium iirc) cos I fancied taking pics in Twins, but I didn't fancy crashing if i could help it! :laugh:

I used Wenrex again on these, because its one of my favourite textures, and it does seem to work well with these pants. This time I combined it with Ospra.

These pants are really interesting -and awkward- to customise. Not only are three fields very different, and give different hues to your colours and textures, but also, whatever you do to one field affects the other two fields!
Hopefiully, you can telll from my pics that the Ospa and Wenrex textures are overlaid on some of the fields, to make a really unusual pattern. When colouring I tried doing blue and yellow at first , but that meant one of the fields turned out light green! I didn't fancy that cour so I did two kinds of blue, plus turquoise instead.

Anyways, the moral is: don't decide exactly what you want from these pants. you'll be disappointed, because nothing turns out as you'd expect. Rather play around, and be pleasantly surprised by the outcome!

(Yes, these are destined for auction or shop eventually, btw, but for now I'm enjoying showing them off!)

newclothes.jpg

Done by Jaywalker. I am very happy, they look so awesome! If only you could see them ingame :)

Thanks, Zenzile :)

we have to provide the colors ?

If I have the required colours/ textures in stock, then i can supply, however there is a charge for this. ofc. Also, it's best not to depend on it . If I were rich enough to keep stocks of them all...hmm, well not sure what i'd do with that sort of cash , but there are probably more fun ways to spend it than piling up paints ;)

As it is, they don't hang around long, even when i have them. Ive a bad habit of skilling away the low markup ones whenever I run low on PED :laugh:

I have a few bits of news to post.

First: this thread is one year old since last week!:yay: And I had just over 5,000 views in that year :eyecrazy:. I look like doing even better in the second year so let's have that figure on record and see how it goes :)

Now, I was planning on having a clothing party with informal parade and prizes to celebrate the anniversary. Was halfway to organising it, but- wouldn't ya know it- MA seriously bugged all (F) coats. Yep, Cognac and Master coats. We now know what the (F) really stands for don't we?

Now, I don't know about you, but really don't feel like celebrating til they fix the damned things...and it really would be very nice if they fix the display bugs too. So I'll just have to defer the party til a later date :(

On the brighter side, I've been maxing new textures like mad, since I got to the point where all the Caly leather textures start to click in. :yay: I'm now level 20.3 and I've not only maxed Pluma, Snable and Saba( still illustrated as "nearly maxed on post #1) but also Combibo, Hebredite , Songkra, Cornundos and Fugabarba all in the latest 30% of a level!

Now I really must get to illustrating these. And I do think I should completely re-do the OP list, and give it a Caly leather section. I'll need a good chunk of free time for this, so I hope you'll forgive me if I don't do it right away!

Last edited:
Here's a quick preview of some of the new Planet Cyrene textures. I discoverered Sea Wraith texture myself , earlier today :yay:

cy_textures.jpg

Don't rush to apply them, though. It looks like the stats will have to be tweaked a fair bit (eg most of them are way too high in TT value.) I'll keep you posted!

P.S. the pictures are a bit wonky in places, because - along with loads of other textures- some of these are far too refkective in "item view". So I had to tilt them to get rid of the dazzle.

Finally got around to adding a Caly Leather Textures section to the OP. Here it is:

new_maxed.jpg

Pretty, huh? :)

Thanks again to Akbar for supplying the images in his very useful Texture Chart

I've also maxed another fabric texture (Terrycloth) but I don't want to stick another line in just yet. I still have to add pics of Songkra and Hebredite to the Arkadian texture section. And I now only have 40% of a level to go before maxing Exa!

Back