Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8

Vixen78

Stalker
Society
PE Addicts
Savannah Vixen Marie
In this entry I’d like to share a few facts that you as a customer should know. Many of you may agree that when you buy the “Best” you can expect to pay top dollar to get it repaired.

Now the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 is the top of the line when it comes to the Jeep brand. This SUV comes with all of the bells and whistles and the latest Mopar has to offer in technology, along with a “Hemi”… but not just the 5.7, but rather the 6.1!

Like with many customers, some of us will do a bit of research before actually buying so they know what to expect… Others just know what they want and get it and figure that they’ll deal with problems as they arise. With that said, here are a few things you should know before making this purchase.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to change your mind and look elsewhere if your heart is set on owning a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8.

First thing you’ll need to know, This SUV has 2 different sized tires/wheel which makes then non rotational, the tires are runflats so don’t expect to see a spare mounted underneath. So far the only manufacturer for these tires (of this size) is Goodyear Eagle RS-A and you’d be lucky to find them cheaper than $400.00 EACH.

At some point you will need to replace the Front brake pads and rotors, well at least I would want you to stop if you were behind me. With the SRT-8 package, comes the Brembo Brake set up.

The front rotors aren’t too bad and the run about $135.00 each, it’s the front pads that will drain your wallet, how does $450.00 for the front set sound? At this point the after market doesn’t seem to carry them, so the dealer is your only option.

Keep in mind that the SRT-8 has the popular Hemi engine… Which means you have 16 spark plugs to replace at $10.00 each!

Most people wouldn’t compare the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 to a Lexus or a BMW, but in this case you do. You owe it to yourself to do a little research before making any big ticket purchases.

I don’t want you having a heart attack when the you are being advised that your front pads and rotors need to be replaced and the total in parts is $800.00.

Especially now considering that Mopar parts are still on a huge back order!

Back