Erastothenes

Guardian
Society
Shaolin
John Erastothenes Bluetail
O
O

combiboeventbanner.jpg

OLA30 - varied terrain, from prarie to misty mountains, who can get the best screenshot?

Starting January 7, you can post your screenshots in this post, and thereby contend for PED Prizes!
The top best screenshot will be rewarded with 300 PED!

Second prize is 150 PED, followed by 100 PED for the third position.

Oh, and a bonus: As we now have a Iron Mission (mission broker at Nus Lull) with nice rewards on our belowed Combibo's, I offer EXTRA Prizes for those of you who submits screenshots: The 3 highest Single Combibo loot's during the screenshot competition event will be rewarded with 300 PED for Highest Single Combibo Loot, 100 for Second Highest Single Combibo Loot and 50 for Third Highest Single Combibo Loot! So post at least one screenie to be able to also win a Hunter's Bonus Prize! Screenie first peeps!

The Highest Single Loot Bonus Prize can be claimed by a single player OR a Team!

You can win BOTH Prizes! Winning one does not exclude you from winning the other.

The event will end at midnight MA time on April 7.

The jurors selecting the best screenshots are not yet all selected at this time, but there will be a minimum of 5 judges - and their names will be listed here.

The Rules in short:

Screenie competition runs from January 7 to midnight MA time on April 7.
You enter simply by submitting one or more Screenshots from OLA30 in this thread within the time event runs. Screenshots must not be edited for effect.
Hunters must screenshoot their finds, with Position and Time entered and visible in the main chat window.
Highest Single Loot must be made in the same period, by someone also competing in the Screenie competition.

The Prizes for Best Screenshot are:

1. 300 PED
2. 150 PED
3. 100 PED

The Highest Single Loot Bonus Prizes are:

1. 300 PED
2. 100 PED
3. 50 PED

Loot Bonus Prizes are only for Combibo's!

A short note on the Combibo and OLA30 for new colonists:
You may have encountered Combibo already, smaller maturities are located north of Port Atlantis, for example. The Combibo's at OLA30 (28554, 49726 - near Shinook Jungle teleport) are of the highest maturities, and hence harder to kill. But even less experienced colonists, using small weapons, can take larger Combibo's in Team. Also, the Combibo is not all that agressive, so it is not very hard to move around them without getting attacked.
If want do the Combibo Iron Mission, free, as are all Iron Missions, the mission broker is as mentioned located at Nus Lull (63000, 76600 on Eudoria, north-east of Port Atlantis). There are skill increase bonus rewards on all Combibo Iron Mission's level I through V!
There are a very few Mourners here and there in OLA30. These are a little harder to kill than the Combibo, but still not out of reach.
And should you die in OLA30, you will revive in a good spot for continuing your quest.

Some words on taking screenshots...
In case you did not know, you can "clear" your screen of icons, chat and radar with a few clicks. If you, ingame, right click - you will get a Menu. Choose System and then Config. In the Config Menu you can turn on and off the dashboard and icons.
There are a number of programs that assists taking screenshots. I will admit that I am no expert at that, but perhaps some of you that reads this can come up with some recommendations?

The best of luck to all !

Small Update: I added a post where you can see a Sample Screenie, and some instructions on how to do things. Check Page 2 in this Thread!

Last edited:
Nice Initiative!​

BUMP THIS, ERAS IS AWESOME!!!! :bump::bump::bump:

Nice event here ;D
Gl all and free bump :)

Last edited:
nice, but im confused a little :silly2::rolleyes:, there are two competitions in one?

1st competition: go to OLA>make screenshot near combibo>upload it here>win 300, 150 or 100 ped ?

2nd competition:go to OLA>kill combibo> find a loot of big value> make a screenshot>upload it here> win 300, 100 or 50 ped ?

straighten this out for me pls, suzuki is not very smart :rolleyes: :laugh:

When are you having a Berycled screenshot competition? :silly2:

MeAndBeryl.jpg

nice, but im confused a little :silly2::rolleyes:, there are two competitions in one?

1st competition: go to OLA>make screenshot near combibo>upload it here>win 300, 150 or 100 ped ?

2nd competition:go to OLA>kill combibo> find a loot of big value> make a screenshot>upload it here> win 300, 100 or 50 ped ?

straighten this out for me pls, suzuki is not very smart :rolleyes: :laugh:

Hi! Yes, two in one. The main event is to get a nice screenshot (or more). Screenshots must be from OLA30 - but you do not need to have a Combino in them.
And then, if you hunt Combibo in OLA30, and you get some good loot, you can also win a prize for that. The top 3 best single Combibo loots found during the event will be rewarded as you have read. Only thing, to be able to win a Prize for high loot, you must be in the Screenshot competition... so see if you can find some lovely scenery, maybe a brilliant sunrise... anything :)
Good luck!

Last edited:
any mining event?

* Chews on mercury nom nom nom, purple veins start exposing themselves ...

nom nom nom, starts to turn into a combibo ... squeel, long engrossed snort through tiny nostrils *

May I post a pic of myself now ? I will goto LA30 :D

Hehe j/k, look forward to seeing some nice pics.

Cheers,
Viper

the best screenshots have to have date/time/location in them?
always kinda makes it look less cool, but I can do that.

Whats stops you to make 2 screenshots, one with hud/date... and one without hud? ;)

Hi! Yes, two in one. The main event is to get a nice screenshot (or more). Screenshots must be from OLA30 - but you do not need to have a Combino in them.
And then, if you hunt Combibo in OLA30, and you get some good loot, you can also win a prize for that. The top 3 best single Combibo loots found during the event will be rewarded as you have read. Only thing, to be able to win a Prize for high loot, you must be in the Screenshot competition... so see if you can find some lovely scenery, maybe a brilliant sunrise... anything :)
Good luck!

then its decided, im in :yay:

A Sample Screenshot

Just thought to show a Sample Screenshot - I am NOT off course joining the competition myself!
Some Colonists may be very new to this, so here's an example of how to do it :)

- Click on the image to see it properly!

What you do is, register on this Forum - free and easy. Go to User CP, Gallery, and upload your Screenshots. When you want to Submit one or more in this Thread, you select the image in your Gallery - You get a page with Information found on the right hand side. There a URL for your image there that you can Copy and Paste into your Reply here. Easy!

Hope to see some entries soon!

NOTE THIS!

The VERY FIRST entry will get a small bonus prize from me, a Alekz Precicion Scope worth 34 PED tt!

So let's get things started :)

Last edited:
When are you having a Berycled screenshot competition? :silly2:

MeAndBeryl.jpg

Love Bery's, they can come with some nice surprises! And very nice Gallery there! Well worth a look!

Too Long

Darn. It's been to long since I did this. How do I get the picture to show up?
attachment.php

Ha figured it out...

Last edited:
Excellent

Happyness unlocked! We have entries!

Kzin, pls edit your Post to get the screenie in, it has to be posted to count BUT, still you where first.

TunerS effectively then posted first...

We'l do it like this: You BOTH get a Scope, that should sort any debate ;)

PM me ingame! Add me and call, I am mostly on Calypso for now.

Thank you both for getting this started!

(if u cannot add me while online, I am just AFK - retry!! - and remember that one has to ReLog Entropia to update the FL)

Last edited:
I hope this worked, it's my first post on the forums

Last edited:
/mod note/ Midnight, I changed the link to the pic you've uploaded to the Gallery, and approved your post. Links to external image hosting sites aren't permitted on the forum (Rule 4.1).

Maybe the third time is the charm

showimage.php
[/URL][/IMG]
showimage.php
[/URL][/IMG]
showimage.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Lets try this again :ahh:

^ I like this one :)

Heya,

I love the OLA30 so far - pretty good loot in there and i hope to see one more DNA soon in there ;).

So here is my entry:

and some with client border:

And my global entry:

I wish everyone good luck on this event and on OLA30's loot :)

second entry

I had a lucky 393pedder yesterday.

Could we get a leaderboard on the first post?

Last edited:
Back