JOHN BATES - Needs Our Help With SXSW

Voted. I hope they get picked cause they all seem like very interesting presentations, and I would love to hear your take on those issues.

Added the third vote and a little bump. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

One of those was the most interesting proposal i have viewed for the event imho.

Fantastic work.. best of luck with it :)

Aly

What an interesting conference event!
I personally never knew it existed till today,
so thanks MS for the info :).
I have voted for all 3 suggested topics,
they're very interesting!

Actually I may vote for death father as am long time player of EvE.:)

Something did strike me from (John K Bates) “Why is hyperinflation such a dire threat to virtual economies?” wonder what he will say about it (maybe someone will record the conference.

Is little contradictory as it seem, because MA took some steps in EU we seen the hyperinflation (the not to drop uber gear and armors kind attitude lead to the hyperinflation, rare = expensive) so am bit curious what he will say on that.:scratch2:

“Why is hyperinflation such a dire threat to virtual economies?” one may wonder if someone from MA think it is, then why not take steps to stop it ?:scratch2:

Any one feels the same on this point?

I vote for you death hope I will be free to at least intend your conference (maybe you will record it for the ppl that won’t be able to intend).:)

Something did strike me from (John K Bates) “Why is hyperinflation such a dire threat to virtual economies?” wonder what he will say about it (maybe someone will record the conference.

This is exactly why we should vote for it. You have an interest in it as you have shown above and I am sure most of the rest of us do. The only way this could be recorded or transcribed is if it gets enough votes.

voted for all 3

Last edited:
Voted, voted and voted :wtg:

Voted.

Does anyone know if theese discussions will be streamed or released on the internet for a view?

Sounds like realy interesting topics.

Voted!

There is no inflation in EU. There are just some expensive items. That is all. Ammo is still the same as it was when the game started.

Thanks everyone for voting ... I know that John will really appreciate the support. When I talked with him last night, he said that he would most likely have an opportunity to pop into the thread today, and if he does, then I'm sure that he will give you his own thanks, he's just that kinda guy. :D

Also ... later in the evening, I sent an email to him asking whether there was anything in place with regard to us having access to any of the content that was going to be discussed, such as it being recorded or video-taped. He may respond to that if he comes to the thread later, or I'll share the response if I get it in an email.

Be sure to ... pass the word on about the voting ... every little bit helps. :yay:

Time to "pop in", JB. :thumbup:

darri

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

This is to define:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation

This is for you to track prices over years:

http://www.peauction.com/

Now if you state again ‘There is no inflation in EU’ well BlackHawk (with all due respect) go see doctor.

I’m surprised to see this comment from someone that seems intelligent…:eek:

If I may please ... with all due respect to interests regarding EU inflation and other things, I would like to ask that we keep this thread on topic and focus on the task at hand. May I also suggest, that if there is great interest in EU inflation, then perhaps start a separate thread about it so that a proper discussion can be held, but I have a feeling there are quite a few threads and discussions out there already on this topic.

Thank you. ;)

It is done. Give them hell Mr. Bates :)

If I may please ... with all due respect to interests regarding EU inflation and other things, I would like to ask that we keep this thread on topic and focus on the task at hand. May I also suggest, that if there is great interest in EU inflation, then perhaps start a separate thread about it so that a proper discussion can be held, but I have a feeling there are quite a few threads and discussions out there already on this topic.

Thank you. ;)

Sry for hijacking.:ahh:
Is just the comment ‘There is no inflation in EU’ made me little jumpy.:)

i was starting to wonder if MA were still around always hear from FPC these days seems weird for me :laugh:

thanks for the post,

you sure get my vote john ! with you all the way :wtg:

Deathifier's suggested panel is very much in line with my own original suggestion so it got a thumps up from me:)

I'd certainly love to hear how MA has been doing the following:

Balancing the Only Virtual Economy Backed by $USD

Thumbs up from me for this one.

1st .. So nice to see no purple in first post ! :laugh:

2nd .. Voted & Voted

Everyone should do this !

Voted the three :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Not only because they are interesting topics but also because this kind of events can generate some much needed interest towards our universe.

Links broken when I tried to vote. I went to read the topics first. Nothing worked. Subbing to remind myself to try again.

Community building FTW! :)

Links broken when I tried to vote. I went to read the topics first. Nothing worked. Subbing to remind myself to try again.

Community building FTW! :)

I just tested them too ... and it seems like they're having a challenge at the site, so people will have to check back another time unfortunately. :(

Voted, and added a link to this thread on my society's website to try to help bring in more votes. :yay:

Ok, I will vote.

Make sure my returns get alot better from now on :p

Voted on all three. After reading the topics and questions, it all sound very intressting :)

It's no offence to you MS9 but I can not vote on this. I am to biased on such a toppic and I refuse to vote here because I think the toppic is pretty cynic from MA's point of view...

Besides I think MA should really concentrate on getting this VU to work properely before doing anything else at all...

Thumbs up form me! :thumbup:

Back