Judges Thread for WoF 2009

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi to all who judged the last two years; the job's open again, pays the same (lol) and I'd love to hear from you:)

To anyone who fancies a go for the first time; say hi here and we'll see about getting you a slot:)

Hurrikane

I'd love to be a judge for next year's WoF...put my name down on the list, Hurri! Thanks! :)

Im up for it next year (almost this year now).

I have considerably more time on my hands than i did last year, so any help you need just give me a shout. :cool:

Pretty sure I will be kicking about somewhere :)

Welcome back Hurri :)

i was thinking of competing...

A question can a competitor also be a judge?

i was thinking of competing...

A question can a competitor also be a judge?

Yes :)

Before each set of rounds, just let Hurrikane know which slots you are available for judging. If you are washing your hair or competing in any slot, you just dont judge that one :)

Thanks Spike for info

I'll sign up to be a judge :)

I'll fill a judging spot again as time permits Q.

I'll try this side of the WoF this year, sign me up :)

sign me up also. I will compete for Team Finland but when I am not hunting I´d be happy to help out

i would love to help out, and it would be an honnor.

Goes without saying... you know I am definately IN :thumbup:

I will tentatively put myself on the list again this year, let's see what the next couple of months brings our way ;) May even volunteer to organize the end of the WoF party again, or just help out with that if needed. Good to see you on the way home Hurri, sorry it's so damn cold for your return though.

Put me on the list, happy to help out with a few matches if I'm free.

As ever, I can be available to Judge pretty much Any match, provided I'm not competing for Plucky Little Wales during that slot...

WoF I up, Landlord :thumbup:

Hi Hurri.

I participated in last WoF as a hunter as well as in support and admire those who give up their time to help out in this most excellent of events.

Competing again but happy to volunteer my services as a judge for a limited amount of timeslots if required.

Regards,

Mac :)

Welcome back Hurrikane!

Reading the thread I realized you will have a really huge pool of judges this year.

Although I want to add my name to the list.

The reason is: There was always a very special mini-event in the WoF, assumedly never noticed by most of the stressed out participants:

Hanging around for hours and hours at silly places with Hurrikane and others, playing crazy games, having small talks and jokes or simply doing nothing but counting the global points. And Hurri's best idea was the "Embedded Judge" wich gave us a lot of pleasure with all the golden swirlies and fanfares.

Everytime, Hurri :)

And Hurri's best idea was the "Embedded Judge" wich gave us a lot of pleasure with all the golden swirlies and fanfares.

Wasn't my idea:) Can't recall exactly who, but it was a suggestion from Year One that I decided to go for.

Hurrikane

Of course, i'll help whenever i can :) I'm sure we'll have a few other hounds who would be pleased to do so too

any news or dates to when the judges list will be confirmed?

Hi

I am part of French team for WOF2009 but I will be pleased to be judge for match that doesn't impact my team

I judge one time last years...that was fun :) (with a enormous main team HOF WROB :D )

Did it some times as emergency judge last year.

Wouldn't mind doing it again... where needed :)

any news or dates to when the judges list will be confirmed?

From experience last year, best thing to do is this: if you are free about 15 minutes prior to the start of a WoF round just show up at the start point. Especially during the Qualifiers - that is when the most teams are hunting. As the tournament progresses, teams are eliminated so the number decreases. Watching the thread about that particular round of the WoF will give you an idea of how many teams have signed up for a particular time slot.

The volunteers are appreciated :thumbup:

Hi to all who Judge:)

Here's an update of times to consider and scoring information to get to grips with. As always, it's a case of turning up and being assigned a Team, then correcting each other's scores for 3 hours until reaching an agreed total 2 minutes before the teams get back.

Those who've done it before (and there are many), you're most welcome once more. Those who wish to try judging should first Judge "silently" as a practice run/evaluation measure. This would involve attending a match and keeping a score that tallies with other Judges results.

Gonna be a bit mad this year for shorthand reasons if nothing else... that'll become apparent:)
Stages (with matches per team) are:

1. Qualifier A: Blue Dawn (1 match against world)
2. Qualifier B: Island Intensity (1 match against world)
3. Group Stage A: The Wild Bunch (3 one-on-one matches)
4. Group Stage B: From Out of Nowhere (3 one-on -one matches)
5: Semi-Finals: OMG (1 one on one match)
6: Final: Thunderdome 3-Way
:)

TimeSlot Choices For

Qualifier A: Blue Dawn

All slots are 3 hours.

Entry Level: Any National Team.

The Hunting Slots:

Slot A: 12:00 Saturday 7th March

Slot B: 16:00 Saturday 7th March

Slot C: 20:00 Saturday 7th March

Slot D: 00:00 Sunday 8th March

Slot E: 06:00 Sunday 8th March

I don't really want more than 8 teams in any one slot (for the sake of the judges sanity) so I will ask the last to apply to change slots if overcrowding occurs.

***Rule Update***

The Bonus Mob now counts for an independent score to be added at the end of the match, and does NOT count towards the Support Team's scoring Cap.

***Scoring for 2009 Update***

Note* Killed when used in the scoring terms means Globalled On.

Each Moblist will have 4 Mobs for the Main Team, 2 for Support and a Bonus that either (but not both) can score on once per match.

Main Team score availability is 5-6-7-8-9-10 (+possible Bonus/Boost)

Support Team score availability is 2-3-4 (+possible Bonus/Boost)

Bonus Mob: 25

HoF: Scores that kill as Double.

ATH: Double Entire Final Score.

Main Team Variety Boost:

1 Species killed= 0

2 Species killed= 10

3 Species killed= 25

4 Species killed= 50

Main Team/Support Team "Sweep" Boost (new!)

All Scoring Categories (Species and Maturity Groups, Main AND Support) killed= 25

Loot Boost: Highest TT Value of scored (globalled) loot per Match= 15

Susan 113 Bonus:

Any Global or HoF of 113 PED scores double points for that kill.

Timetable and Calendar Info for WoF 2009

Launch Party at the Secret Island: 19:00 Saturday February 28th

Last Date for Team Registration (Starting a Team) and Captain Selection: March 2nd.

The Hunts:

Stage One: Qualifier A

All Teams

March 7th/March 8th

Stage Two: Qualifier B

All Teams

March 21st/March 22nd

Stage Three: Group Stage A

24 Qualified Teams

Round One: April 4th/April 5th

Round Two: April 11th/April 12th: April 25th/April 26th (split over Easter)

Round Three: May 2nd/3rd

Stage Four: Group Stage B

12 Leading Teams

Round One: May 16th/17th

Round Two: May 30th/31st

Round Three: June 13th/14th

Stage Five: Semi-Final

6 Semi-Finalist Teams

June 27th

Stage Six: Three-Way Final (CND)

3 Finalist Teams

July 11th

Future Timeslots are to be the Same as those posted above for the future weekends (with some dissappearing as the teams get less in number)

Start/Finish Point Co-Ords to be announced After the Launch Party on the Secret Island on Sat Feb 28th, 19:00 onwards.

The Launch Party will also see the first (and in-game) reading of the much-anticipated WoF 2009 Stage 1 Qualifier A: Blue Dawn Moblist!!!!... the abyss beckons lol

Hurrikane

Pretty please with sugar on top ;)

Anyone that participates as a judge this year... please keep accurate records of scoring during the match and send the data to me after the match is over. Hurrikane and I are very much hoping to compile all the data from WoF 2009 for many reasons, but mainly this will assist Hurrikane with sponsorship in the future as well as show our sponsors what exactly happened out there :thumbup:

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

I will try very much harder Rayne LOL

Speaking of which, we need to dig up JBoy's judges scoresheets for printing of.

I dont know if they need any alterations for this year.

but but...you mean I can't have problems remembering my name anymore and must also remember that 2+2 does not equal 3? :scratch2: :eek: (Fluffy where are you with that excel sheet when I need you?)

I promise to try Jade, and yep Spike,I was just thinking I saved that scoresheet on the hd somewhere too. Maybe somewhere in between making adorable ad banners and herding some cheese farmers around, he might well need to update it this year.

See you all Saturday :)

...we need to dig up JBoy's judges scoresheets for printing of...

I can decipher anything other than a scoresheet that looks like this...
17042007127.jpg

I would need to be really really drunk to make sense of that I think.

My my... look how far the WoF has come in a few short years :thumbup:

I can decipher anything other than a scoresheet that looks like this...
17042007127.jpg

I would need to be really really drunk to make sense of that I think.

My my... look how far the WoF has come in a few short years :thumbup:

One of the most exciting pictures of last years WoF! :laugh:

I will stick with my excel sheet I think ;)

Back