Help: Judges Thread for WoF 2010

A good idea too for all judges is to enable chat logging if you haven't already. Easier too if you copy the file off before the match so you don't have a 7 gig file to deal with. I'm running Vista and the chat log is located in the "Documents/Entropia Universe" folder and is just called chat.log

From what I've seen it seems to be pretty reliable, logs stuff even if you don't have focus on the Entropia window, and logs the stuff you have turned off even (i.e. team chat, soc chat even if disabled on the dashboard). You also can just copy or rename the file while EU is running without any errors. It just creates a new chat.log file as soon as the next thing pops up in your chat window.

This way you can always go back to check stuff later, or just e-mail the chat log to RJ :)

I have a little crappy program that I wrote that strips out all lines except those with "Wof" (not case sensitive), so it cleans up the log to be something more useful. I'll try to get that app cleaned up and make it available, though you can probably write something similar by the time I get around to doing that ;p

This may prove especially useful if you are the only judge for 6 teams some day.

I've also got a program I'm writing that will actually parse the log file and generate team scores, but it's a long way from being hardened...and it fails on team name recognition if people don't stick to standard country naming or don't use the full word "support" in all support team names. If I ever get it cleaned up some I will publish it. I'm not a windows programmer tho, so it's pretty crude. If someone with windows programming skills wants to copy some of my scoring logic code (or write your own) and add in UI work that would parse the file initially, display all WOF team names found, allow the user to select which ones are for which teams, etc...it would be able to work around the problems my current program has.

Anyway, I got WAY off topic, but if you are a judge, please enable chat log and make a copy of it after the match for later reference. It could avoid some problems if scores don't match later. And make sure you have the "GO" and "Stop" signals in chat somewhere so you know when to stop counting things. The chat.log uses your PC clock to time stamp things, not the in game clock, so probably don't match.

Just my 2 pecs worth :)

Last edited:
A good idea too for all judges is to enable chat logging if you haven't already. Easier too if you copy the file off before the match so you don't have a 7 gig file to deal with. I'm running Vista and the chat log is located in the "Documents/Entropia Universe" folder and is just called chat.log

From what I've seen it seems to be pretty reliable, logs stuff even if you don't have focus on the Entropia window, and logs the stuff you have turned off even (i.e. team chat, soc chat even if disabled on the dashboard). You also can just copy or rename the file while EU is running without any errors. It just creates a new chat.log file as soon as the next thing pops up in your chat window.

This way you can always go back to check stuff later, or just e-mail the chat log to RJ :)

I have a little crappy program that I wrote that strips out all lines except those with "Wof" (not case sensitive), so it cleans up the log to be something more useful. I'll try to get that app cleaned up and make it available, though you can probably write something similar by the time I get around to doing that ;p

This may prove especially useful if you are the only judge for 6 teams some day.

I've also got a program I'm writing that will actually parse the log file and generate team scores, but it's a long way from being hardened...and it fails on team name recognition if people don't stick to standard country naming or don't use the full word "support" in all support team names. If I ever get it cleaned up some I will publish it. I'm not a windows programmer tho, so it's pretty crude. If someone with windows programming skills wants to copy some of my scoring logic code (or write your own) and add in UI work that would parse the file initially, display all WOF team names found, allow the user to select which ones are for which teams, etc...it would be able to work around the problems my current program has.

Anyway, I got WAY off topic, but if you are a judge, please enable chat log and make a copy of it after the match for later reference. It could avoid some problems if scores don't match later. And make sure you have the "GO" and "Stop" signals in chat somewhere so you know when to stop counting things. The chat.log uses your PC clock to time stamp things, not the in game clock, so probably don't match.

Just my 2 pecs worth :)

Good stuff Mack! I enable chat log all the time I judge and RJ does as well I think ... so we are at the safe side.

I won't be able to judge at the 18:00 slot instead of 14:00. This will be a crowded slot ... 6 teams I guess. If nothing helps I will judge ...

Here is where we stand:

Slot A: France, Italy, Uzbekistan
Slot B: Russia, England, DACH, Finland, Amethera
Slot C: Eudoria, Wales, Canada, New Zealand, USA
Slot D: Australia, BeNeLux, S. Africa
Slot E: Sweden, Denmark

As you may notice... that does not reflect 23 teams. Missing teams should appear at one of the slots with less than 5 teams already scheduled (A, D, E).

Two weeks is plenty of time to figure it out in my opinion.

A note of interest to those in North America - clocks are changing Saturday night/Sunday morning. Not sure exactly who is affected, but you should know if you are or not.

We ran out of lines for the Russia support team yesterday on the scoring spreadsheet, so I updated it and added more lines. RJ had a copy of the spreadsheet that had support cap set to 100 as well, but I think it was because it pulled off a cached version of the file or something. Please grab the new version for the next two rounds of stage 3 and make sure you see 100 lines for main team globals. If you don't see that, clear your cache or use a different browser to grab the file again.

http://www.someplaceicopystuff.com/wof2010.html

Scoring app is still in beta test, but should have something for you soon.

-Mack

We ran out of lines for the Russia support team yesterday on the scoring spreadsheet, so I updated it and added more lines. RJ had a copy of the spreadsheet that had support cap set to 100 as well, but I think it was because it pulled off a cached version of the file or something. Please grab the new version for the next two rounds of stage 3 and make sure you see 100 lines for main team globals. If you don't see that, clear your cache or use a different browser to grab the file again.

http://www.someplaceicopystuff.com/wof2010.html

Scoring app is still in beta test, but should have something for you soon.

-Mack

You continue to amaze and inspire:)

Hurrikane

OK... in the homestretch for 3.2 and thought I would let you guys know I will definately NOT be around on Saturday at all. Sunday at the tail end of Slot D and I can be there for Slot E.

In addition, please keep an eye on the Stage 3 thread as I am updating the teams per slot. I will post here on Thursday which team is in which slot so you guys know. After all... once the clock strikes midnight on Wednesday every team will have a slot even if they did not ask for one ;)

Thanks for what you guys do and sorry I have been unavailable so much this year.

Thanks for what you guys do and sorry I have been unavailable so much this year.

Stop apologising, you're indispensable but entitled to miss a match day now and then:)

See you sunday, if you can wake me up:)

Hurrikane

Well let's see if this changes you opinion...

I will miss Stage 4.2 / 4.3 / Stage 5 as well. I will be away at a school for my Army stuff :(

So... I can probably still handle the scheduling part but I am not so sure about the scoresheets. I do have all the remaining mobs lists (with a few question marks) so I can send them early to Mack and he can host them up when the time is right. I am sure Mack would keep the moblists confidential, no question about that.

At least I should be back for the Finals.

No worries, I can handle the scoresheet stuff as Hurrikane reports them on EF. Will just update the scoresheets as soon as I see the moblist and post on the server and here for people to grab.

I should be about on Saturday for judging (apart for my 22:00 hunting slot)

Sunday is still unknown due to Children's activities.

We have all the teams allocated in their slots now ?

...We have all the teams allocated in their slots now ?

One team sent a PM in time, but asked for a slot that was full. So I am waiting on an alternate time. If I hear nothing by the time I get home from work I will assigna slot to them and the remaining 3 teams.

No worries, I can handle the scoresheet stuff as Hurrikane reports them on EF. Will just update the scoresheets as soon as I see the moblist and post on the server and here for people to grab.

Thanks, Mack :thumbup:

I should be there to judge first two slots on Saturday, will be hunting during 22:00. I'd prefer NOT to get up at 3 a.m. for the first Sunday slot, but can do it if we don't have enough coverage then. The second Sunday slot I should be able to make.

See ya out at the gate :)

The Slots and The Teams:

27 MAR 2010
1400 MA Time: England / DACH / Italy / Czechoslovakia
1800 MA Time: Russia / Uzbekistan / Portugal / Finland / Canada
2200 MA Time: Eudoria / USA / France / Wales / Amethera

28 MAR 2010
0700 MA Time: Australia / S. Africa / New Zealand / Estonia
1100 MA Time: Sweden / Benelux / Denmark / Scotland / Tibet

The Slots and The Teams:

27 MAR 2010
1400 MA Time: England / DACH / Italy / Czechoslovakia
1800 MA Time: Russia / Uzbekistan / Portugal / Finland / Canada
2200 MA Time: Eudoria / USA / France / Wales / Amethera

28 MAR 2010
0700 MA Time: Australia / S. Africa / New Zealand / Estonia
1100 MA Time: Sweden / Benelux / Denmark / Scotland / Tibet

KK, at present I can judge the 14:00 and the 18:00 on Saturday.

Subject to life an all, will let you know if different :)

I'm good for all slots except 22:00, which I'm working on... might be able to get a separate PC for that one, not sure yet. We've been lucky so far collaring Judge-like peeps from hunts just ending, hopefully it'll continue like that:)

Hurrikane

i can preside at the times i usually have been able to so far.. the 18:00 and 22:00.

i never saw where the meeting place is? or mobs? same place and mobs as last time?

i never saw where the meeting place is? or mobs? same place and mobs as last time?

Same as last hunt (Stage 3.1).

Athena Spaceport Welcome Sign

Eudoria 70432, 67965

Guess I can hang around at Athena at all slots ... no need to help Team DACH, no money to skill expensively ... just bored with the game ... :rolleyes:

... the main problem is: wich wardrobe should I use? :ahh:

Well if you are asking for opinions, I like the gown

A remarkable set of coincidences there. That you just happened to be the judge hours later for the team that got those mobs!!

Yep, very unusual.

The strangest thing to me is that a pretty big bunch of mobs had remained untouched for over two hours after we'd left despite being on the WoF list (though of course an hour of that was the break between matches).

Yep, very unusual.

The strangest thing to me is that a pretty big bunch of mobs had remained untouched for over two hours after we'd left despite being on the WoF list (though of course an hour of that was the break between matches).

After an hour of watching DewDrop and co on Eudoria support I can testify to the fact that LA's take some ploughing through:)

Hurrikane

Full Excel Shreadsheets on Google Docs

For anyone interested, I have uploaded the full Excel files from the hunts so far to Google Docs (shared, no changes available). These Excel files have a tab for each team and an additional tab for totals. This is the stuff I use to make the Mob Results and the Score Breakdown. Here are the links:

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3.1

Stage 3.2

If this is well recieved by you guys, I will continue to upload the remaining Stage Scoresheets as well.

It's Thursday... there are no scheduled WoF hunts this weekend, 3 & 4 April.

It's Thursday... there are no scheduled WoF hunts this weekend, 3 & 4 April.

You mean it? We got the weekend off for some much-needed R&R? Sweet!

(Thank you teams, be sure to pick a nice broad selection of the remaining dates, remember; Judges need a happy place now and then...)

All you wonderful Judges should relax a bit now, drop in from time to time to check on upcoming matches, and we can share the load between us over the next two weekends. Should be a breeze.

Hurrikane

ooh good thing! im goin camping this weekend and will only have access via cel tether so wont be able to be in game. so i wouldn't be able to judge this weekend if were to happen.

The teams probably do not look here... but if there are 1 or two that would like to have a go at it on Sunday @ 1100 MA time, I can do that. But only 1 or 2 teams :wise:

Seems everybody is up to "Ahhh the egg" this weekend. :)
I can do each slot at Saturday/Sunday if there is need for.

U guys have enough stress with wof.I am happy for u all, that no teams planed too hunt this weekend:)
enjoy the free time:yay::yay:

Happy Easter! To all of u!!!

Back