Just a heads up about the VU and the UI + Lab update

Keep it like the old compact UI. It was awesome and I miss it so much. Now its all clutter and too big UI.

See below this old picture from 2012 that I found on my PC. Shows chat which was best compact chat at the time. Plus the prof level up so much better than the current messy big message center info.

Current chat window has an "auto fade" option that hides the ugly big border, but it should also have an persistent auto fade option so the borders will never show. It would be a lot better then.

Gratz on Serendipity unlock

one of the other games I was playing got a new UI, built on a new engine, and it is soooo slooooow

Just saying... Please let the new UI be faster, snappier, faster responsive, and lower on resources.
This is what makes a game playable.

They like to be called "afk hunters" nowadays. Sorry for calling you bots, bots.
you do realize that u have to actualy hit a key for next target and hit another key to auto fire ,, how is that a bot ,,, also whats the big deal if i go tinkle while killing a mob that has 10k hp and takes a few mins to do so ? you jelly ?

you do realize that u have to actualy hit a key for next target and hit another key to auto fire ,, how is that a bot ,,, also whats the big deal if i go tinkle while killing a mob that has 10k hp and takes a few mins to do so ? you jelly ?

If you make macro on your mouse to auto spam single button - there you go, full bot mode :)

And why would I be jealous for someone killing 10k hp mob without need to heal himself or do anything? I never mentioned that :D

Please fix the issue of not being able to select or grab graphically small items in the open space of shopkeepers and storage boxes.

There are a number of items like Kismet Lasers, UL Rookie finders, Tomtebloss, etc. that can not be grabbed, moved or sold because the objects are too tiny to be selected or moused over.

Please fix the issue of not being able to select or grab graphically small items in the open space of shopkeepers and storage boxes.

There are a number of items like Kismet Lasers, UL Rookie finders, Tomtebloss, etc. that can not be grabbed, moved or sold because the objects are too tiny to be selected or moused over.
A really old issue that for sure should be fixed. In storage box its easy to do the workaround but can't be done at a shopkeeper.

Please take out the ability for people to abuse the auto target (F), we really need this change to make Entropia game again, it's a bot fest right now, if you didn't know.

Thanks,
Emir
If I couldn't use F I wouldnt play. I don't like the idea of high impact FPS gaming. I like casually grinding a few mobs while I'm watching Netflix. This game sucks as a FPS shooter anyway, that isn't why we play it.
When I hit F I pay decay to Mindark. That's all that matters. Shouldn't matter to anybody else how much effort I put into it. Its all just time and money.

A heads up for everyone excited for the upcoming VU; The upcoming VU will not include the new UI or the Secret Lab update. We are still working on the new UI and the Secret Lab update and want to create something awesome for everyone. Therefore we want to take our time and finish everything properly.

However, I can tell you that there will be a video with a SNEAK-PEEK on the new UI after the VU. The reason for the video is for us to put out visuals and explain the features. With this, we would love to receive feedback about the UI and hear what your opinions are. Since we are still working on the UI, the feedback we receive will be a tool for us in order to maybe change some features to more of your liking. Therefore your feedback is very important to us!

Do you already have questions about the UI you can PM me on Discord and I might be able to include that in the video! My Discord ID is MyAnt#8937

Hello My|MindArk,

Do you have an end date for VU?

I'm just curious, because there are opinions in the forum, from which one can be deceived that the last semi-patch of 17.x is VU. But since it doesn't include any changes that could be said to be an update, I'm curious when we can anticipate this version update, do MA have deadlines?

Any chance you can put miners back in the mix for loot? Feels like i just piddle my peds away lol

Hello My|MindArk,

Do you have an end date for VU?

I'm just curious, because there are opinions in the forum, from which one can be deceived that the last semi-patch of 17.x is VU. But since it doesn't include any changes that could be said to be an update, I'm curious when we can anticipate this version update, do MA have deadlines?

Get ignored :tapfinger

The UI teaser video will not be released this month.
When it is, it may be at least another month for them to take feed back from the community before releasing any form of an update.

However, we may get a different type of teaser video before then. :thumbup:

Get ignored :tapfinger

Good choice!

Your comment is hypocritical because of its creation, and much more reprehensible in case the Entropia product is not mine.

Don't fool yourself that someone else is in this game for you.

The UI teaser video will not be released this month.
When it is, it may be at least another month for them to take feed back from the community before releasing any form of an update.

However, we may get a different type of teaser video before then. :thumbup:
Did My confirm this on Discord? Or is this a prediction?

On another note, I strongly everyone recommend signing up for Discord for up-to-date news. It is more interactive, but a little harder to follow if you don't log in frequently and check it. My is much more active on Discord.

Did My confirm this on Discord? Or is this a prediction?

On another note, I strongly everyone recommend signing up for Discord for up-to-date news. It is more interactive, but a little harder to follow if you don't log in frequently and check it. My is much more active on Discord.

Are you saying that MA does not make messages from the latest updates because they are in a private channel of Discord?

Hey

For the new GUI i would suggest the option for search box for all waypoints you have when using a teleporter, similar to the one you have in codex searching for a mob.

It would make travel faster, and also the option to have "favorites" on the top in list when teleporting

Hey

For the new GUI i would suggest the option for search box for all waypoints you have when using a teleporter, similar to the one you have in codex searching for a mob.

It would make travel faster, and also the option to have "favorites" on the top in list when teleporting

... and bookmarks and favourites that appear at the top.

add API featiures to export loot results, and skill progress so that we can program external statistical tools and autoupdate the wiki
(look at wowhead.com for another game to realize the power of data mining)
with the incredible community of playerbase we can truly make a working database that is a even better resource for all (and yes, bring more PED buyers to MA :)
moreover add to BP infopanel from link the option to see PRODUCED item stats (the code is already in the construction machine icon) so we can see what a linked blueprint produce
and instead of having loots scroll down in upper left corner add an option to see loots in the chat zone so i am not to move head up and down like a jojo.......
and fix Heart VI decay to loot bug :)
wow the abocve is already 1 quarter work for programmers :cool:

the first quarter is over and information and news are no longer there. I have an impression that this game is programmed by 4 Vietnamese in the forest.

"There will be a video with a SNEAK-PEEK on the new UI after the VU "

Maybe she meant VU 25? :)

Hopefully, in the new UI hotkey icons will not stick together when dragging and the "pick up vehicle" hotkey will appear...

My only question / suggestion for now is: UI Resolution scaling

Also, for once, test everything properly before release. And once you are sure all is good, test it some more.

Please? ty
100% agree with better scaling opttions for auction and chats, ped values, even item descriptions. You already have the code used in damage scaling on text just reuse that for the other text options in-game.

Not only do many of us now use massive high resolution monitors now, but this game is nearly 20 years old, we all getting older and need the big letter fonts, if not now...soon enough.

Also, make the dropdowns work no matter what planet on codex, and re-enable location link sharing across planets, so people can help people on other planets with locations for codex.

For VR UI anything would be great...... health bar, have some access to inventory, crosshair, auction ect.

---Message Center:
One of the most frustrating things for me has been that shop sales notifications are gone forever once you click 'ok'.

I can agree with this position for sure, even though I tend to kill an item notification as I replace it.
While not entirely UI related per se, here is a solution for MA to avoid the prospect of doing UI work where it is really not needed.

A simple solution to legends concept for shop sales is to allow us to see a file showing a history of sales from the main site like the my items page.

Either a list like my items is that we can copy and paste into a csv or other similar format or a straight up downloadable csv history sheet for any property sales you have record for on each property. Would be pretty easy to generate the call to data when we click on a property and then populate with the sales history you have for that property since owned by player.

The same kind of limited per player data could be displayed for auction history, player trade histories, mob total killed counter histories, missions completed and so on. This game would be great to have some player run leaderboard sites to help foster some better competition and rankings among the players and societies by just alolowing limited data that could then be shared by players.

This would reduce the number of possible support cases in the future, and enable the player base third party websites to come up with tools to sort and search that data without much work on MA's end.

This would also reduce load on in-game servers making these kinds of calls for game data, and put it into the web infrastructure load with the ability to limit the amount of calls by players when they log in to the site to get it.

I cant imagine a downside to freeing up one players 1612 pages of sales history and server calls x however many players are like legends on the in-game server infrastructure.

Third party sites can really add a lot to a game and its immersion with even limited in game player data to share., and they can do a lot of the sort feature work for you, without having to redo the UI every time you come up with a new feature for showcasing simple in-game data. Just open up some of the data and let the sites figure it all out. More immersion and web presence for less effort by MA imo. Imagine this game without entropia life or the forums for example, it would not have captured nearly as many people over the years without some way to measure up to and compete with their peers, research information, and to formulate new goals.

MA is missing out on free player driven marketing that occurs when such granularity over a players own data is allowed to be shared among the players.

Hopefully, in the new UI hotkey icons will not stick together when dragging and the "pick up vehicle" hotkey will appear...
Also, I hope that in the new UI it will be possible to write messages in the chat with more than 20 (or how many) symbols. Or, AT LEAST, a symbol counter with a countdown will be added to the chat.

Back