Discovery: Katsuichi Glory Retro (L)

Mack

Old Alpha
Society
Dark Knights - Squires
Armak Mack Zardacon
Discovered this off a Formi Young. Falls in between the Resolve and Destiny for the "Retro" family of blades. Basically the Dai-Katana (L) but requires more than twice the Swordsman level to use and little worse decay. Did fruit test and decay was 17.21 pec per use. So blade shouldn't be worth much, but discovery was fun anyway :)

Gratz!

I'll high-jack your thread a bit to address some concerns though.

What I see with these new blades and the old ones not dropping anymore is a nerf to longblade skills :(
Atm to make the same DPS as lets say Dragons Breath did you need some 10 more levels of Swordsman to either use the lower DPS Destiny Retro or a bit higher DPS Resolve Retro. Or when we compare Sulfury and Resolve Retro witch are practically the same DPS its clear that now you need 14 more levels of Swordsman to make the same DPS. So this is clearly what I call a NERF. So thanks a lot MA for fucking me in the ass on my longblade skilling.

Btw, is there actually any players that have over lvl 90 swordsman levels?

Gratz!

I'll high-jack your thread a bit to address some concerns though.

What I see with these new blades and the old ones not dropping anymore is a nerf to longblade skills :(
Atm to make the same DPS as lets say Dragons Breath did you need some 10 more levels of Swordsman to either use the lower DPS Destiny Retro or a bit higher DPS Resolve Retro. Or when we compare Sulfury and Resolve Retro witch are practically the same DPS its clear that now you need 14 more levels of Swordsman to make the same DPS. So this is clearly what I call a NERF. So thanks a lot MA for fucking me in the ass on my longblade skilling.

Btw, is there actually any players that have over lvl 90 swordsman levels?

maybe they are preparing the long waited for amps lol

I guess it is supposed to make the markup on omegaton sunstorm and caus tik look reasonable.

Discovered this off a Formi Young. Falls in between the Resolve and Destiny for the "Retro" family of blades. Basically the Dai-Katana (L) but requires more than twice the Swordsman level to use and little worse decay. Did fruit test and decay was 17.21 pec per use. So blade shouldn't be worth much, but discovery was fun anyway :)

Nice!

Having level 45, finally a blade at Sulfury level (which seems haven't dropped in a while).

Having level 45, finally a blade at Sulfury level (which seems haven't dropped in a while).

But this Blade isn't at Sulfury Level, though it needs 3 levels higher, it's actually about 10 levels below.

As a level 60 Swordsman I was delighted to see the Resolves appear in plentiful quantity, but now I've seen what has been pointed out in this thread I'm pretty disgusted that MA can treat Melee Hunters in this way.

I'm also Level 50 BLP Pistoleer, and an Isis BL1300 for example at Level 45 does more dps than the new Resolve at Level 55 even without an amp.

Now the old Swords were so rare I have been using mostly a Kat Det, which is obviously even less efficient, so the Resolves are at least an improvement, but I still feel MA should have made the new Blades comparable to the old ones, and to ranged weapons.

edited : the MAKO Dissolver 2 on Arkadia does more dps than the Resolve, yet is Level 42. What is going on? Does MA want all Longblades users to migrate to Ark?

Last edited:
edited : the MAKO Dissolver 2 on Arkadia does more dps than the Resolve, yet is Level 42. What is going on? Does MA want all Longblades users to migrate to Ark?

But shagadi disintegrator sword seems to follow the same level / dps pattern as the calypso ones :-/

The situation is best summarized by - the top longblade used to be Genesis Rainbow Sword (L), that topped out at 71.1 dps at level 71. Now the top longblade is Embra Quantum EnBlade (L), that gives you 71.5 dps on level 100.

We wished for a full SIB ladder, and we got it, and the swords even drop. Seems we were not specific enough.

Back