Help: Keep Crashing In Space

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
After going up into space from Planet Calypso.

I was then shot down by a pirate, after which I respawned on the SS.

Then client crashed, now the client upon the loading screen keeps on crashing.

How can I stop this or navigate this issue, never used to happen before.

Thanks

After going up into space from Planet Calypso.

I was then shot down by a pirate, after which I respawned on the SS.

Then client crashed, now the client upon the loading screen keeps on crashing.

How can I stop this or navigate this issue, never used to happen before.

Thanks

Might be general client instability following the Version Update.
I've been disconnected twice on Calypso tonight which is unusual for a quiet mid-week day. :hammer:

Reboot if you havent already tried to do that. Give it 10 minutes.

Might be general client instability following the Version Update.
I've been disconnected twice on Calypso tonight which is unusual for a quiet mid-week day. :hammer:

Reboot if you havent already tried to do that. Give it 10 minutes.
I reinstalled the entire client, that alone took a 3 hour interval.

if you keep have issues try once Tycoon from a mobile device.
Just an idea

Not that I travel through space a lot, but I'ld usually avoid switching planets especially after a VU. Normally, I would wait for about a week or two before doing so. You know how buggy VUs can get right?

As for a solution...if things can't be solved from your end, I'ld suggest doing a support case to move you back on planet or something.

PS: I think I remembered some kind of bug that occurred before in some earlier VU...whereby the Space Station "instances" weren't working or kept crashing. And another where people got stuck in space with a "double", despite having landed on a planet.

As for reinstalling, I usually just recommend that people do a backup of the EU client's "public_users_data"/"dynamic_content" folder. That's almost the entire bulk or core of the client.

After you do that, just uninstall, reinstall and plop the "dynamic_content" back where it should be. Wouldn't even take a couple of minutes and would solve most of the "software-related problems".

Last edited:

Well, I wouldn't have advocated that.

A few years ago, I did suggest that people keep a <backup> install of the main folder so if it did get totally SNAFU'd then you could just copy it over (that was when I suffered a 3 day timeout when that noob club issue was introduced). You could update that in a fraction of the normal time.

If you are seriously not able to login at all, I'd suggest raising a support case via the webpage and see if support can move you to a location that doesn't cause such issues.

Kool, thanks for the advise :)

Help: Keep Crashing In Space

Solution: learn to fly... :wise:

Now I feel bad for suggesting you to fly there by yourself. :ahh:

Anyone have the space (.pak) file before the recent update? Maybe share through a drive link?

I have had a similar problem in the past. I would retain connection for about five minutes and then be DCed. After placing a support case MindArk informed me that they would "Re-Seed" my Avatar. Whatever this actually involved rectified the problem.

Not sure if this is what you need, but a support case asking for help really can't hurt. Food luck, hope you ge the problem solved.

I have had a similar problem in the past. I would retain connection for about five minutes and then be DCed. After placing a support case MindArk informed me that they would "Re-Seed" my Avatar. Whatever this actually involved rectified the problem.

Hmm, "reseed" is a very interesting choice of word for that.

Not sure if this is what you need, but a support case asking for help really can't hurt. Food luck, hope you ge the problem solved.

Support has already moved him to a place where he doesn't crash, so all is well at the moment. ;)

Well, I wouldn't have advocated that.

A few years ago, I did suggest that people keep a <backup> install of the main folder so if it did get totally SNAFU'd then you could just copy it over (that was when I suffered a 3 day timeout when that noob club issue was introduced). You could update that in a fraction of the normal time.

If you are seriously not able to login at all, I'd suggest raising a support case via the webpage and see if support can move you to a location that doesn't cause such issues.

100 MB/S download speed ;)

Back