Khorum Coast new land owner!

Greetings Entropians! I have had a really insane dream to own a land area since I was a teenager way back in 2006 and I finally decided to do it.

Which brings me to .... Khorum Coast on Arkadia is now under new ownership as of last night!!

The Khorum Coast has a nice variety of mutated creatures including: Hadraada, Nusul, Zadul and most importantly... Kamaldon! As of right now I am working on getting enough growth molecules to set the DNA to anything really specific.

The settings are focused on Hadraada (young-dominant) and Kamaldon youngs. Hadraada are an amazing slow creature and I currently walk backwards faster than they come towards me making these a perfect creature for players who don't have or use armor. Once I get their DNA set a little higher they should be quite a nice creature for a newish player to dip their toes into hunting something with decent health.

I decided to mine the land myself and update you all on anything interesting. So far I have located a few claims of cave sap so that is nice.

I am working out a monthly event where you earn "shares" of the profit from Khorum Coast. Basically every 1000 ped of total globals earned every month will get you a share of Khorum Coast every month. Miners will also be able to earn shares of Khorum Coast at the same rate!

I am thinking of giving up 45% of the profits (after costs of daily events or fertalizer) to my players. I keep 50% for trying to slowly pay off the land and also because I will be hunting/mining this land constantly now too when I am online, helping build the profit pool for ya'll too!

Now, I know what you are thinking... that only adds up to 95%, where is the other 5? That will be awarded to those who help spend the time to either twitch, youtube or some other crazy way ya'll come up with to help promote or spend time at the Khorum Coast.

I really appreciate the opportunity to finally own some land and I hope to breathe a little life back into what could be a good land that also gives back to the players. If anyone has some suggestions or feedback please always always reach out to me. I plan to do my best at being an active and very reachable land owner.

I hope to see you at the Coast and thank you ahead of time to anyone who comes out to visit. It means more than I can express!!

GL with the LA, hope it is all you have dreamt of.
Maybe let Arkadians know on the Ark forum also

Out of curiosity how much did u pay for it?

I wish you good luck with it though!

Congratz on your purchase.
Start hunting on it until we will see big swirls from Calypso.

All the best with your Coast, it's good to know someone is trying to make things better.

Never visited Arkadia before, might do it soon (y)

Wow, gz on the purchase. Hopefully everything goes well.

• Love
Reactions: Geo
The Arkadia forum seems pretty dormant. I am going to post there too but I figured this was the place to try and each out to the active player base. I am in no way trying to hinder the growth of Calypso or steal their players for long term, but maybe I can convince them to take a small vacation at my place once in a while!

Since someone asked about the price of the land; I was debating it and I decided to let it be known. It seems there is a lot of times where items are sold at a price and others don't want to mention what was paid either correctly or not. I don't want what I bought to discourage or mislead anyone about land prices or whatever so that others looking can see what they might need to become an owner themselves.

I paid 180k for the land and the estate deed; whether or not that is a good price I will see. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. I believe with the creatures and that they aren't aggressive to miners it has potential for how I at least like to play. I took a large majority of my savings to buy the land but it was either let it sit in the bank for basically no interest or try to follow my dream.

The Arkadia forum seems pretty dormant. I am going to post there too but I figured this was the place to try and each out to the active player base. I am in no way trying to hinder the growth of Calypso or steal their players for long term, but maybe I can convince them to take a small vacation at my place once in a while!

Since someone asked about the price of the land; I was debating it and I decided to let it be known. It seems there is a lot of times where items are sold at a price and others don't want to mention what was paid either correctly or not. I don't want what I bought to discourage or mislead anyone about land prices or whatever so that others looking can see what they might need to become an owner themselves.

I paid 180k for the land and the estate deed; whether or not that is a good price I will see. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. I believe with the creatures and that they aren't aggressive to miners it has potential for how I at least like to play. I took a large majority of my savings to buy the land but it was either let it sit in the bank for basically no interest or try to follow my dream.

I personally think u made a mistake getting it on Ark. You do know the devs deserted the planet right? The Owners of Ark Hired Neverdies Company to take over the updates etc, then they also vacated and deserted and now Ark no longer gets any updates for over a year. RT was deserted too long before Ark was.

So in other words, you could probably have got an LA on Caly for a similar price to be honest with ya and at least on Caly you know MA will never desert the game lol. Cos Caly is owned 100% by MA :D

Also in my opinions eventually all the Planets that PP used to own will eventually be re-acquired by MA - the contracts PP signed probably had clauses in them that if no updates and no activity from Officials within a set amount of time (similar to player accounts too) they can cease the account and take control of it and then sell off the items and send the money to the players bank account etc.

So I believe that is what will happen with the PP planets too RT and Ark. Hence why you are seeing a lot more Caly mobs now on RT. MA might have taken partial control of RT and added the mobs on RT?

So yeah MA will probably just reimburse the PP owners X amount they agreed to pay for the planet when they signed the contract etc. Then MA will then take full control and be able to either sell the planet to new owners or maintain it themselves. And to be honest I would think with the workload of the UE5 update. I would guess they will not choose to maintain those 2 planets as well. They will not have the staff to do so. So my guess is they will either get rid of the planets eventually or will put them up for sale!

Just my opinion though. But again I wish you gl

Last edited:
If you decide to do big kams let me know i lived there for a few months when there were stalkers =)

I was thinking of doing kamaldon stalkers if there was enough interest. I will boost their maturity a little when I get some growth molecules this week.

I did also consider that Arkadia is a little dormant on the developer level which has drawbacks and advantages I suppose. This way I am not trying to compete with all the lands on Calypso is how I like to try and see it. Gives me an opportunity to try and grow something, maybe give people who haven't visited Arkadia in a while reason to come play again.

I did also consider that Arkadia is a little dormant on the developer level which has drawbacks and advantages I suppose. This way I am not trying to compete with all the lands on Calypso is how I like to try and see it. Gives me an opportunity to try and grow something, maybe give people who haven't visited Arkadia in a while reason to come play again.

Not being cruel or anything but why on earth would people want to come back to Ark apart from for codex reasons? LA's have tax - Most players refuse to hunt or mine on LA's for that reason alone. Take for example Caly most LA's now have 0 tax on them, I think once the owners account becomes dormant the LA's automatically revert to 0 tax when they are not maintained in a timely manner. So it basically means what ever DNA etc was on it was not maintained and thus the mobs vanish on them or you only get a tiny amount of the low maturity mobs you used to have.

I mean look I really do think u made a mistake getting one on Ark. You should have got one on caly!

Not being cruel or anything but why on earth would people want to come back to Ark apart from for codex reasons? LA's have tax - Most players refuse to hunt or mine on LA's for that reason alone. Take for example Caly most LA's now have 0 tax on them, I think once the owners account becomes dormant the LA's automatically revert to 0 tax when they are not maintained in a timely manner. So it basically means what ever DNA etc was on it was not maintained and thus the mobs vanish on them or you only get a tiny amount of the low maturity mobs you used to have.

I mean look I really do think u made a mistake getting one on Ark. You should have got one on caly!
Ark is still a great planet even if devs are dormant

Ark is still a great planet even if devs are dormant

I never said it wasnt lol - it is a good planet. But the fact devs are no longer active makes it less attractive. And less reasons to invest in any deeds on the planet! Again just my opinion :D

lol stop shitting on the mans decision dude! xD

Imagine you were to order your favorite fish dish you've wanted to eat again for years and some rando on the next table would give you a whole gd lecture on how disgusting fish is, because not only does it taste like ass but you also didnt catch it yourself and not to forget, it tastes awful and like shit and is disgusting.
:scratch:

I mean, why would you even? Im sure he thought about it plenty and had all of these thoughts.

Imagine you were to order your favorite fish dish you've wanted to eat again for years and some rando on the next table would give you a whole gd lecture on how disgusting fish is, because not only does it taste like ass but you also didnt catch it yourself and not to forget, it tastes awful and like shit and is disgusting.

I mean, why would you even? Im sure he thought about it plenty and had all of these thoughts.

Ok I stop :D

Very happy to see love being given to Arkadia , I spent a few dedicated years there myself.

From what I have seen of pricing , I think you got a decent deal compared to other deals that have been public.

Congratz to you

Arkadia is not dead, even if we rarely see the devs (who have never been Neverdie and co)
Underground deeds pay out daily and mining is still popular. Plus many players currently trying to finish old missions before it goes to codex only.
The devs really need to get the updates done to make the smuggler missions work

Arkadia is not dead, even if we rarely see the devs (who have never been Neverdie and co)
Underground deeds pay out daily and mining is still popular. Plus many players currently trying to finish old missions before it goes to codex only.
The devs really need to get the updates done to make the smuggler missions work

Well many have told me that was the case and it they did hire them!? So how do u know it is not the case?

This right here, thank you sir. Trust me when I say I was worried stressed out the week leading up to my decision to buy the land. Had the old heartburn coming up the back of my throat all day while at work when I thought about what I was considering to do.

I will admit I am happy with my purchase so far, I don't expect it to pay itself off any time soon if it ever does. I am here for the long haul now and I hope some of you come along for the ride!

I am sorry.......................

GZ, land is a big thing.
I also think that ark wasnt best choice, before mutated mobs had their own missions and now they share same codex with non mutated ones.
Hope you will be able to sustain for longer.
And big gz to person who sold that LA

Back