Kim|Calypso Interview with DJ Bonnie on Atlas Haven Radio 2013!

Alainax

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Bonnie
It’s with great excitement that I announce the date has been set for our next live interview!

Tuesday 30th April 1900 in game time​

Edit - The transcript is available here-
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ypso-Interview-2013-Transcript-and-recordings

Edit - You can listen to the interview on the following links, there are a few so hopfully you can get one that works well for you :)
https://vimeo.com/65241670
http://www.twitch.tv/teitv/c/2225972
http://mindstarmedia.com/atlas-haven-radio/interview-kim-calypso-43013/

alaina_interview_30_04_13.jpg

Tuesday 30th April 1900 in game time​

The interview will be held live on air, on Atlas Haven Radio . We will also do a written transcript for those of you not fluent in Glaswegian ;) and a MP3 version if possible.

We will be covering a huge range of topics including discussing the current hot issues to the latest releases and plans for the future.

Last time it was really great to put forward questions to Kim on what the community wanted to know, and it seems again there is so much out there to be asked!

Kim and Bonnie Live interview 2012

So this year I will open it up to you again – I would love for you to post questions below on what you would like to be discussed in the interview. To find answers to those burning questions im sure so many of you have!

I will filter through these and hopefully find out as much information as possible :D

You can post here, or PM me if you like and I will do my best to cover as wide a range of topics as we can :)

I'm really looking forward to it, and hope you will enjoy it as much as I'm sure I will.

Thanks in advance to Kim and Atlas Haven Radio for making this possible – and to the community for what I'm sure is going to be an interesting array of questions to follow!

PS. Please remember Kim won’t be answering questions on this thread :)

Edit - Glaswegian is just my scottish accent - it will be in English I promise ( ty Kis for the heads up on this :p maybe causing confusion ;) )

www.atlashavenradio.com

Last edited:
Sounds great!! :)

Just one question from me. I'm not sure he can answer it but, is there any plans on moving towards ... Nvm.

Thank for doing the interview. :beerchug:

As said in the Roadmap 2013, avg TT return should be increased.
What was the avg TT return & what will be the new avg TT return?
Also how do the new 1 ped TT weapons fit into the equation?

As said in the Roadmap 2013, avg TT return should be increased.
What was the avg TT return & what will be the new avg TT return?
Also how do the new 1 ped TT weapons fit into the equation?

Do remember that Kim works for Planet Calypso AB, developing Calypso... Not Mindark working on the platform.

He won't be able to answer questions about loot, etc.

Do remember that Kim works for Planet Calypso AB, developing Calypso... Not Mindark working on the platform.

He won't be able to answer questions about loot, etc.

As long as I know better..
maybe check the adress of the 2 DIFFRENT companies..

As long as I know better..
maybe check the adress of the 2 DIFFRENT companies..

It does not matter if they have the same adress. He does not belong to Mindark, so he will not answer Mindark questions like loot, etc. Even if he did know the answers of whatever loot related questions you asked, he would not be able/permitted to reply.

It will not change just because you think you "know better".

Here's a question or 2 we have been asking for a couple of years now, specifically related to our armour business:

When will the IMBALANCE in armour footguards be addressed? Specifically, when will UNLIMITED Blueprints be available for them? Why have limited blueprints for 1 piece of a set when the rest are unlimited? In fact, why have Limited BPs all together? Why are bps for some of the lowest sets in game so unavailable yet plenty drop for high level armours that many people cannot afford?!? Examples, berserker, valiant, samurai, dragon.

Why does Orca Harness use Ultra Cold Fabric when the rest of the set uses just ordinary Cold Fabric? It ruins the entire set when you cannot make such a vital part. UCF is incredibly hard to get hold of due to the rare drop rate of Phasm Wool. UCF isn't used in anything else in EU so why is it so stupidly hard to get hold of?

Why is the droprate for certain blueprints in an armour set so UNBALANCED when compared to the rest of the set? Consistently we run out of 1 or 2 parts of a set due to lack of blueprints and so it hampers our business and frustrates our customers no end when we can't provide the service we strive to. Give us the ability to manufacture these parts consistently and people will use them up thus insuring more decay and profit for the devs.

We've made numerous support cases over the years about this and never once got a satisfactory answer WHEN support has even bothered to answer in the first place.

Sounds great!! :)

Just one question from me. I'm not sure he can answer it but, is there any plans on moving towards ... Nvm.

Thank for doing the interview. :beerchug:

ooo very cryptic! ;)

Some interesting questions coming in :) Its good to see some of the stuff you have been thinking about what really matters to the community.

As for the loot/item drop questions, I'm sure he will have fun dodging them ;) however even if theres a chance he can shed some more light/ explain a bit about what was meant by the statement - in these areas surely cant be a bad thing ;)

and lol @ the rep comments from those who can speak glaswegian :laugh:

Reactions: das
The last one was great and fun to listen to im really looking forward to an entertaining show :yay:

And while im here i might sneak in some questions ;)

Kim can you tell us any exciting details about entropia space in 2013 yet ?
Will there be Privateer/Mothership content to keep even a strong spacecrew challenged ?

Some time back with the introduction of vehicles we also got naglfars, can we expect some kind of water pvp area maybe even with an drilling rig inside to fight over ?
Or maybe a seaside 'landarea' with calypsian fish DNA that would be open for 'landgrab' style events.
What do you think of seafights on calypso ?

Kim
1. A large number of shopping booths and apartments lay unused. If these belong to closed accounts could they be recirculated?
2. Is it possible to revamp some of the old Calypso based mindforce chips, like the Powerful wormhole chip and Resurrection chip. These are great chips, but need improving for the current game. Ie Powerful wormholes to become interplanetary etc, resurrection time instant.
3. Can the storyline for the annual Robot invasion be improved. The last few years it has just been grinding event. It was a little better in 2012 with the looted items traded for event prizes, but storyline need work.
EDIT: They seem to have addressed this question recently :)
4. Can it be a priority that Calypso based Hangars be functional again. Ie allow the roof to close. Allow Privateers to enter Calypso airspace at least and land in the hangars.
5. Possibility of a couple of shopping booths in Twins?

Cheers
Bjorn

Last edited:
We have the technology now - Apartments useful once again through Fishing!

Kim
1. A large number of shopping booths and apartments lay unused.Cheers
Bjorn

Hey bud,

Just posted a solution to unused apartments that may bring them back to life again - ie. Made useful!

This is a great suggestion. I did in fact write design specifications for a fishing system about a year ago while I was still writing platform systems, maybe some of the ideas from the two plans can be combined.

Keep in mind that an implementation of this is a long, long, time away. Most likely over a year.

Link 1 > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...new-activity-for-Entropians&highlight=fishing

Link 2 > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Fishing-The-complete-system&highlight=fishing

You have the technology now :

***Each Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg consumable item increases skill gains in all professions by 50% after being consumed, and lasts for 10 hours of logged-in time. The timer is paused while the avatar who has consumed the booster item is logged out of Entropia Universe. Unconsumed booster items are non-tradable.***

How to use this technology:

• Fishes caught have a stat of x hours - Let us say 1 to 3 hours depending on fish caught.
  • Different Fishes can be caught giving different stats - Skill experience increase, strength increase, intelligence, HP, etc
  • Cooked version of fishes require an Apartment + Cooking equipment - Stove & Freezer - Fish to be frozen before cooked.
  • Cooked variety have stats of x hours - Let us say 4 to 6 hours depending on cooking skill level recipe
  • Different recipes - Grilled fish, baked fish, boiled fish, dried fish (Higher EXP, Higher STR, INT, STA, HP etc

LG:
1. Will we ever see an advanced way to split the income that Landgrab LA's generate so sistersoc's get paid & ppl who are in main soc that don't show up for LG don't get paid.

2. As you seen on the last LG, it's very hard to reset a claim in 30 seconds when you are fighting a soc of 60 ppl.
Ever considered adjusting the revive time depending on the amount of ppl that hold the claim?

3. Any idea's on how to stop ppl from hovering above the claim in VTOLS to go back to claim fats once there are no ppl left & the 30 seconds start to count?

Last edited:
I also PM'd you 2 short questions.

Good luck with the interview!

Menace

Thank you for the questions and well wishes :) Getting in some really interesting questions!:cool:

Subscribing, make sure to bump this once a day, 7 days before the interview please!

that way I just can't miss it, lol

keep it up, looking forward to this! =)

thank you

Healing tool balance vs MF.

What's up with the inbalance between MF healing chips & regular L faps.

For MF a lvl 22 required chip heals 64.5-86 @ 22 uses/min wich gives 27.59 hp/sec
In order to get that heal with an L fap you need atleast an (ad) sk80 wich has a lvl req of 32.
Any plans on balancing these items as I assume it will only get worse when higher lvl chips start to drop?

Healing tool balance vs MF.

What's up with the inbalance between MF healing chips & regular L faps.

For MF a lvl 22 required chip heals 64.5-86 @ 22 uses/min wich gives 27.59 hp/sec
In order to get that heal with an L fap you need atleast an (ad) sk80 wich has a lvl req of 32.
Any plans on balancing these items as I assume it will only get worse when higher lvl chips start to drop?

The SK-80 can also be tiers and use enhancers + is probably more eco...

This is the ask Kim thread, not the ask nighthawk one

You really think they loot a dozen/day + check the mu on heal enhancers b4 making such comments

Q:
1. When our avatars will smile ? :D
2. How about "avatar creation" restrictions? To reduce monster parade a little bit :laugh:

I like new ava update, it need tweaks of course, but without emotions they look dead. Only horrible deformation could put smile on their faces :lolup:

Is VU 14 sponsored by MacDonalds?

Q:
1. When our avatars will smile ? :D
2. How about "avatar creation" restrictions? To reduce monster parade a little bit :laugh:

I like new ava update, it need tweaks of course, but without emotions they look dead. Only horrible deformation could put smile on their faces :lolup:

Id love to be able to smile :D some great questions, I loook forward to quizzing kim on all the info around the ava update :)

Is VU 14 sponsored by MacDonalds?

Noooooo surely sponsered by a gym/fitness company - to encourage us all to lose a bit of weight otherwise thats how we will end up! :D

Had lots of questions via pm, gathering up quite a wide selection now :)

Plenty of time to get lots more in! :wtg:

I'm go live in 15 mins for my weekly show, tune in if you want to get used to the Glaswegian ;)

www.atlashavenradio.com

Still accpeting lots of questions, dying to know everything you've been waiting to ask Kim! :wtg:

1. we wants ETA on things in progress and this must be regular!
2. old items into SIB - is that still planned and when?
3. why is there still so few ghost boots and alike around?

J.

Will there be a tougher stance on cheating and exploiting in the future?

What are your plans for missions tokens and token traders?

Are there any plans to introduce mobs with MF attacks to Claypso?

Anything you can disclose about Calypso and upcoming instances (if there are any)?

Back