Kim said ores are being moved in summer?

ArieJVW

Old Alpha
Society
Apocalypse
Jimmy Inno Felix
Hey PFC,

I have been told some concerning information based on the relocation of mobs and ores on planet calypso this summer.... Was wondering if anyone else has heard the same and where from.

I have tried searching the forum before posting and have had no luck, if someone could link a thread and if it's a big one a page number also, it will be greatly appreciated.

Inno

Hey PFC,

I have been told some concerning information based on the relocation of mobs and ores on planet calypso this summer.... Was wondering if anyone else has heard the same and where from.

I have tried searching the forum before posting and have had no luck, if someone could link a thread and if it's a big one a page number also, it will be greatly appreciated.

Inno

At a guess the information could have been related to what he was saying during the interview about having mobs spawns in more realistic areas.

Its here -
transcript
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ypso-Interview-2013-Transcript-and-recordings
Original thread
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...view-with-DJ-Bonnie-on-Atlas-Haven-Radio-2013!

Possibly the person who passed on the information to you got it from this part - -

Kim: well, there are a lot of things that need to be done on Calypso, and one area that we are looking close to right now is creature spawns and resource spawns. Both of those could really be redesigned in some ways to make them better. More intuitive it should really make sense that some creatures are in certain areas.

Bonnie: ok so less of a kind of random distribution of the mobs?

Kim: Yeah less of a random distribution, it should make sense. Biotopes. In a biological sense that you have carnivores, omnivores, herbivores, in a balanced way. And you amphibian creatures only in watery areas. You have simple creatures near newb areas. A lot of that could really use some more work. We are hoping to do that starting this summer. Continuing for a couple of months.

Last edited:
Thank you so much!

It makes sense in what Kim said but it also means people have to adjust and that means spending ped ;) learning all the new locations.

They're just refreshing things a little like Supermarkets which move things around to make you spend a little more by making you look at what's on the shelves rather than only going to the places where the stuff you want is.

Ores always move around :D

Well not always put, every now and then.

Kim: well, there are a lot of things that need to be done on Calypso, and one area that we are looking close to right now is creature spawns and resource spawns. Both of those could really be redesigned in some ways to make them better. More intuitive it should really make sense that some creatures are in certain areas.

Bonnie: ok so less of a kind of random distribution of the mobs?

Kim: Yeah less of a random distribution, it should make sense. Biotopes. In a biological sense that you have carnivores, omnivores, herbivores, in a balanced way. And you amphibian creatures only in watery areas. You have simple creatures near newb areas. A lot of that could really use some more work. We are hoping to do that starting this summer. Continuing for a couple of months.

Am I wrong in thinking isn't this what it use to be like :scratch2:

Gone are the days you when you could rely on a creature being where it was yesterday. Admittedly many areas stay somewhat the same however its mostly a mixed grille in the rest

So many put so much effort into maps etc., now its a bit of a hit an miss most of the time and many of these great tools are useless as the effort to keep them updated is a waste of time due to the constant changes

I understand this announceent as a bad one.
We will have even less clean spawns as now.
No clean spawn free taxed hunts, clean spawns only on LA's.
Balanced way - you hunt herbivore like daikiba joung and in same time trox stalker is doing your back.

Yup.. Your Ruga Land will be renamed free of charge to "Crude Oil Canyon".

Menace

:D cannot pull the wool over menaces eye's knew my angle with the question :D

Mobs sure move.... but come on ores.... yep I understand his whole carnivore herbivore point but ores.... IRL I don't think they move...... much anyways.

If they do move ores around, there are gonna be some really pissed off LA owners!! (i they move LA ores about)

Rgds

Ace

If they do move ores around, there are gonna be some really pissed off LA owners!! (if they move LA ores about)

Yeah, but there'll also be some really ecstatic LA owners too. So the average happiness of LA owners won't be affected. :D

:D cannot pull the wool over menaces eye's knew my angle with the question :D

Mobs sure move.... but come on ores.... yep I understand his whole carnivore herbivore point but ores.... IRL I don't think they move...... much anyways.

Wouldnt respawn either, in RL ;)

Planet Calypso Mining Content Release 2013.2.M

- Lysterium infection has continued: spawn area increased by 50%.
- All areas will be filled with at least 10 kinds of ores.
- Areneatrox Stalkers has began to roam outside land areas of Amethera. Miners are advised to prepare themselves for combat.
- Merp population have completely dominated Eudoria. Their aggro range has also been increased by 80%.
- Garcen and Belkar removed from the planet, existing areas will be filled with Copper.
- Hadesheim is now full of Rugaritz and Dunkel because it is dynamic.
- Weight of all unrefined resources has been increased.
- TT value of Erionite is now pi/e. *
- Melchi are now only found during odd hours of a day, or when the day number is a prime.
- Chance of hitting Pyrite in PVP4 has been reduced.
- Narcanisum is now pink because we like it that way.
- All mountains are now more steep so you won't be able to drop probes there.
- From now on VI will be Average and VII will be Modest.
- Probe animation improved, now it spins 5% faster.
- Minimum depth required for Redulite has been reduced to 700m. **
- Some ores will now require 3, 5, 13 or 19 stones to be refined into an ingot in order to confuse you.
- New timed mining mission are added in Minopolis; however, no timers will be provided.

* Floating point arithmetic errors apply.
** Only if you use the Z1 seeker.

As I understand, some stupid hearsay turned out in reality now?

Planet Calypso Mining Content Release 2013.2.M

- Lysterium infection has continued: spawn area increased by 50%.
- All areas will be filled with at least 10 kinds of ores.
- Areneatrox Stalkers has began to roam outside land areas of Amethera. Miners are advised to prepare themselves for combat.
- Merp population have completely dominated Eudoria. Their aggro range has also been increased by 80%.
- Garcen and Belkar removed from the planet, existing areas will be filled with Copper.
- Hadesheim is now full of Rugaritz and Dunkel because it is dynamic.
- Weight of all unrefined resources has been increased.
- TT value of Erionite is now pi/e. *
- Melchi are now only found during odd hours of a day, or when the day number is a prime.
- Chance of hitting Pyrite in PVP4 has been reduced.
- Narcanisum is now pink because we like it that way.
- All mountains are now more steep so you won't be able to drop probes there.
- From now on VI will be Average and VII will be Modest.
- Probe animation improved, now it spins 5% faster.
- Minimum depth required for Redulite has been reduced to 700m. **
- Some ores will now require 3, 5, 13 or 19 stones to be refined into an ingot in order to confuse you.
- New timed mining mission are added in Minopolis; however, no timers will be provided.

* Floating point arithmetic errors apply.
** Only if you use the Z1 seeker.

And the global effects have been exchanged with the level up effects.

- TrollArk PE AB

mobs will attack before they are visible on radar and if they kill your target mob before it's dead it's a no looter :laugh:

I'm guessing that they'll just group certain ores up like IRL. For example, gold and quartz are often found together. Where I used to live uranium was often sitting above the gold. In the same area, small pockets of diamonds were often discovered but much more rare than the uranium near the surface.

So ideally..... If you're hitting say..... Narc. And u know that small ruga pockets are sometimes found below narc.... It would give the player a slight advantage over the system. Though not much Cuz in the end..... MA only gonna drop all amounts of the rare stuff whether you're on the mark or not.

Menace

Wheee mix it up baby, I want to be in total Kaos err Chaos when trying to find an ore worth selling ;)

I didn't take it in a bad way at all.. quite the opposite.

I always thought it was stupid you found atrox in the jungle. and the desert. and the snowy bits. and the temperate bits. Same with merps, ambul, feffoid, etc.

To me, it sounds like they will be cleaning up all the shit spawns, and making it more intuitive. I.e. on the plains, you have ambul (big herbivore), in the jungles you have spiders. In watery areas, you have allo/esto etc.

With regards to mining - it always used to be the case that you could only find maybe, 4/5 ores in an area with 1/2 rare ores. Now, it's possible to find a full range of 10+ ores, making it hard to target mine. I took it to mean each zone will be streamlined so that people can target mine once more - using their ingame knowledge of good areas, so if they want belkar they know, i've got areas X Y and Z to aim for - with little chance of getting there and getting lyst, lyst, lyst, lyst, blaus, copper, lyst, lyst etc.

I didn't take it in a bad way at all.. quite the opposite.

I always thought it was stupid you found atrox in the jungle. and the desert. and the snowy bits. and the temperate bits. Same with merps, ambul, feffoid, etc.

To me, it sounds like they will be cleaning up all the shit spawns, and making it more intuitive. I.e. on the plains, you have ambul (big herbivore), in the jungles you have spiders. In watery areas, you have allo/esto etc.

And hopefully they will clean up the geographic messes they introduced years ago. I mean you have jungle (Shinook, SW of Oshiri), desert (SE of Oshiri) and arctic (Solfais) separated by rivers. :eyecrazy:

Last edited:
And hopefully they will clean up the geographic messes they introduced years ago. I mean you have jungle (Shinook, SW of Oshiri), desert (SW of Oshiri) and arctic (Solfais) separated by rivers. :eyecrazy:

Yup, and where exactly are the poles of the planet? arctic -> jungle -> desert -> arctic -> forest -> plains -> arctic -> desert doesn't make too much sense travelling N->S hehe

I hope it turns out best for the community.
As a mining land area owner I am a little worried but can only wait and see.

Am I wrong in thinking isn't this what it use to be like :scratch2:

Yeah that's what i was thinking. Allos and estos together by the water, some spawns in the desert with longu and their diet (the saba), with spiders, atrax or atrox predators here and there. Small trox or trax around herds of armax and snables, etc. I remember being more or less satisfied that, for a gaming environment, the mob placement mostly made sense.

So many put so much effort into maps etc., now its a bit of a hit an miss most of the time and many of these great tools are useless as the effort to keep them updated is a waste of time due to the constant changes

Yes, and it's very frustrating to want to hunt something and have no idea where it is anymore.

Yeah that's what i was thinking. Allos and estos together by the water, some spawns in the desert with longu and their diet (the saba), with spiders, atrax or atrox predators here and there. Small trox or trax around herds of armax and snables, etc. I remember being more or less satisfied that, for a gaming environment, the mob placement mostly made sense.

Yes, and it's very frustrating to want to hunt something and have no idea where it is anymore.

i used to love the old spawns they did make more sense, the lack of "ninja respawn on top of the hunter" made hunting feel more like hunting too imho.
but to my point, at least with hunting you can see the mob, fly over a area and scout it, but miners have to drop probes to do that, lots of them, we have already had "constantly dynamic" mining for almost a year now, i dont know from one day to the next what i will find on a run because of ongoing "rebalancing", i can go to a area on calypso and find only oil, go back a hour later and get a nice mix of minerals, kim and the rest of the birdbrains at MA should spend a little less time dreaming and more time fixing issues that are already there, and grab a english dictionary and look up the differences in the definitions of exciting and frustrating because there seems to be some mixup here.. :)

i used to love the old spawns they did make more sense, the lack of "ninja respawn on top of the hunter" made hunting feel more like hunting too imho.
but to my point, at least with hunting you can see the mob, fly over a area and scout it, but miners have to drop probes to do that, lots of them, we have already had "constantly dynamic" mining for almost a year now, i dont know from one day to the next what i will find on a run because of ongoing "rebalancing", i can go to a area on calypso and find only oil, go back a hour later and get a nice mix of minerals, kim and the rest of the birdbrains at MA should spend a little less time dreaming and more time fixing issues that are already there, and grab a english dictionary and look up the differences in the definitions of exciting and frustrating because there seems to be some mixup here.. :)

Well said, m8 and the only similarity for "exciting" and "frustrating" is these two words ended up with "-ing" lol

I can understand a realistic mob spawn, but what is a realistic ore spawn? In a digital virtual world?
Eager on success I also went to Arkadia to mine. "The place where miners love to mine".
I always do 100 150 ped double drops. So in my first area on Ark I had 24 differant ores + enmatters.
Caly and NI felt normal compared to 24 ...?

If thats today melody then moving mining spawns wont matter much.

I have my own theory about the multitude of Ark finds. You need to stay a long, long time before getting enough of any kind of ore or enmatter to be able to sell it.

My storage will soon throw up.

If they decide to move the ore spawns I will quit, and join the next day and adapt.

If Caly becomes like Ark when it comes to resource distribution >> Byebye to mining ...

in terms of mining resources distribution, i really like how it is on cyrene. if an area looks special on the map, it is very likely that you find something not that common there. even if it is a small area on the map. for example, there are small purple areas where you actually find purple crystal, outside of them oil.

i would love to see that kind of ressource distribution on the otehr planets. make the ressources match the terrain.

Hmmm i hope they remember what happened the last time they did a big shuffle around of mobs and ores/enmatters. They pissed of a lot of people by destroying great spawns and actually some people quit playing because of that. It cost them a lot of money for sure.

So please do an impact analysis before doing something stupid. We can all see if things are done wrong because the CLD payout will drop. If done right the CLD payout might get better though.

Cheers
Siam

Exploring new planets or areas for ores and mob spawns is fun.

Exploring areas and planets that I already explored once but have to redo because everything is messed up: not fun.

Won't bother going there anymore, and thus spend less peds there.

Back