Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
index.php

Kingfisher

Description

Using its four large wings to hover over the water, the Kingfisher's mouth and arms are well placed, allowing it to suddenly drop and seize its prey.

Creature Type

Animal

Damage Type

100% Stab
Source: Damage test

Maturities

MaturityLHealthDamageAgiIntPsyStaStr
Young261560Great7811115645
Mature271660Great7811116645
Old291700Great8011117046
Provider311740Great8011117447
Guardian321900Great8011119047
Dominant352100Huge8011121048
Alpha382230Huge8011122350
Old Alpha442800Huge8011128050
Prowler493600Huge8011136050
Stalker523780Immense8011137850

Locations

PlanetLon.Lat.MaturityDensityNotesVerified
Calypso3400042600Young to OldMediumSouthshade Valley, landgrab area, 2.99% tax27-Oct-17
Calypso3590031200YoungLowAmethera LA18. Mixed with Oculus.22-Sept-17
Mt Hephastos4432260769Guardian to ProwlerLowMixed with Malcruentor, Fungoid, Formicacida22-Sept-17

Missions

Mission NameObjectiveReward
Hunting Challenge: Iron Kingfisher IKill Kingfisher worth 1200 pointsLongblades (3.25) / Alertness (2.11) / Evade (1.16)
Hunting Challenge: Iron Kingfisher IIKill Kingfisher worth 3000 pointsBLP Wepaonry Technology (8.13) / Inflict Melee Damage (5.28) / Cryogenics (2.64)
Hunting Challenge: Iron Kingfisher IIIKill Kingfisher worth 12000 pointsAim (32.50) / Athletics (21.13) / Support Weapon Systems (10.56)
Hunting Challenge: Iron Kingfisher IVKill Kingfisher worth 30000 pointsHeavy Melee Weapons (81.25) / Courage (52.81) / Bioregenesis (26.41)
Hunting Challenge: Iron Kingfisher VKill Kingfisher worth 60000 pointsRifle (162.50) / Inflict Ranged Damage (105.63) / Concentration (52.81)

MaturityIron Challenge Points
Young6
Mature6
Old6
Provider7
Guardian7
Dominant8
Alpha8
Old Alpha10
Prowler12
Stalker13

Miscellaneous

Link to EntropiaWiki
Archived Bestiary information

Last edited:
Reserved...

The Creatures section is currently under construction and this process will take some time to complete. The work is being done by volunteers with limited time, so please bear with us while we add the data. If you can provide any information that is currently missing, please post in the thread to let us know.

While this construction period is ongoing, you will be able to access the old Bestiary section which is archived in a sub-forum of the Creatures section. Each mob thread in Creatures contains a link to the relevant Bestiary thread and to the Entropedia page, so if you are looking for information that isn't yet available in the Creatures thread, please use the links provided at the bottom of the first post in the thread.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
Southshade Valley spawn has been reduced to young mature

Southshade Valley spawn has been reduced to young mature

Given how often this LA changes maturity, due to it changing hands in landgrabs, and the owners being free to change settings whenever they want, I've changed the maturity listed here to "Varies".

I would suggest that, when changing the spawn, the owners might want to make a post here to inform people, but I don't feel that repeatedly editing the OP in order to promote an LA on someone else's behalf is a productive use of my, or other moderators', time.

I would suggest that, when changing the spawn, the owners might want to make a post here to inform people, but I don't feel that repeatedly editing the OP in order to promote an LA on someone else's behalf is a productive use of my, or other moderators', time.

I dont mind doing it.

PS: If I keep spotting typos all over the place I'll be correcting them FYI.

Southshade Valley is currently medium/large. 2.0% tax.

Southshade Valley is now low maturity, 2.99% tax.

Tested these with the new single damage plates and corrected a longtime error on wiki. They don't do imp/stab 50/50 it's:

100% stab

edit: actually, I didn't test for shrapnel, but that's pretty unlikely. But if someone wants to run out there with a shrapnel plate they can confirm.

Tested these with the new single damage plates and corrected a longtime error on wiki. They don't do imp/stab 50/50 it's:

100% stab

edit: actually, I didn't test for shrapnel, but that's pretty unlikely. But if someone wants to run out there with a shrapnel plate they can confirm.

Yeah, they seemed to hit a bit too hard for 50/50 last time I tried. :laugh:

For testing shrapnel, either OpTac x1/x2 or Infiltrator might work as those have Shrapnel but no Stab.

100% stab

very nice work!

always suspected something to be wrong there

100% stab

Good work, thank you. Just for clarity on the test, I guess you did that by ruling out other types using plates and armour that have no Stab protection and didn't decay, yes?

I put a different single dam plate (AP-6 Stab, AP-6 cold etc.) on each armour part (phantom) and went for a short hunt. Once all armour parts had decayed I checked the plates, only the stab plate had decayed.

I put a different single dam plate (AP-6 Stab, AP-6 cold etc.) on each armour part (phantom) and went for a short hunt. Once all armour parts had decayed I checked the plates, only the stab plate had decayed.

Ah, that's a nice way to do it with these new plates. Good idea.

I guess this method might not work on some mobs with low damage, where it's low enough that either armour or plate might absorb all the damage. Should still be OK on Settler or similar I guess. And for bigger mobs, very useful.

100% stab

Apparently it is not.
My 5A-plates (Impact, Cut) got decay under attacks Kingfisher Young-Old.

Apparently it is not.
My 5A-plates (Impact, Cut) got decay under attacks Kingfisher Young-Old.

It could be that there is some variation between maturities. We'd need to do more tests on isolated maturities to check that.

Fyi...was at Southshade today. Only Prowler/Stalker there.

Update April 2022 - same as Kitty at this time. mostly stalker.

Back