Known Issues Version Update 10.0 - Update 1

I also suffers from the Nvidia bug. Its annoying yes but hopefully MA will have it sorted soon. Sooner the better.

List of issues:
1. Chat is bugged so that the window in which you are typing only ocassionally shows itself. Most of the time I can not see what I am typing.
2. Despite having learnt how to toggle run with q i find that I am not moving at any significant rate furthermore,
3. Having ran to a position from which to fire at a mob, the mob moves and disappears. This lookslikke its due to the fact that I have run further that is evident.
4. This is back up by the fat that when I turn roundto finda claim, I blink and findmyself hundreds of metres away crawling towards the claim,then low and behold the claim is out of range.
5. Furthermore when attacked by mobs I may be able to see the mobs but they are hundreds of metres away.
6. Missing tps. When I first used a tp to oshiri, it appeared that the Oshiri tphadgone,so I spent a long pointless time running to the next tpwithout beingableto huntproperly.
7.When Ifound that next tp I found I could not find a tt that would work.
8. Finding a working tt (in medusa) I spent an inordinarte amount of time navigating back and forth from it as the computer decides to drop LSD when indoors.
9. Although they say that navigating to loot by clicking will bereintrodiuced later I havefound it extremely difficult and time consuming to get loot up.
10. Extreme lag when trying to performanyfunctionsuchas bringing up inventory, changing between different catagories in inventory and manual manipulating inventory items.
11. Invisomobs.
12. Despite having swapped to medium settings everytime I still expirienced problems such as these.

It's completely unplayable. Sort it out please.

I will secound thouse bugs

Hi, I ran into this kepboard map bug a few times now.
Looks freaky. :laugh:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Exact same bug hapend with me ,with that picture as well with other backround map picture.

Adding

Jumping and slight turn in first person your shoulder will glitch in the screen .

Crashed south from Atlas reloged and whas in water south of Itcha

The bubble bug aint because you been in water , it usaly turn up after being online a little while ( unless i been in water that i cant see) .

Sounds
Dont get sounds from resiveing critcal,doing criticalhit,faping with UL ,level up notis , frind global near me.

Many sounds on mobs sounds the exact same if 50meters away or 1 meter besides and realy sounds way constant .

Gameplay
Animation on UL fap is to slow compated for the reload time .
As mention in the first quote , switching realy realy slow and animation funny if switch from fap into gun first shot will blast away in air but still hit mob .

Running hills can work better when strafe back and forward insted of running straigt , avatar not allways follow the line that you whant 2 run upwards either .

Sidenote on that is if taging mob under hill you will not see any difrence it will climb normal speed .

More objects for mobs 2 get stuck on now if tag them far away .

Thats what i camed across so far .

I also suffers from the Nvidia bug. Its annoying yes but hopefully MA will have it sorted soon. Sooner the better.

Dont know what system you have but iam on nvidia chipset and what helped me for now whas get rid of all new drivers containing PhysX , then did new install on older driver not containg that , this made bee able play much much more .

I can add my 2 pec to this also...
I have an NVidia GeForce 8400 GFX card and after the update of all the drivers, updated to last DirectX 10 I'm not facing to the probs of most people. In fact, I played yesterday around 4 hours and the game crashed just once.

In another hand I'm facing other problems now.

I spent the 25 peds to visit the "Asteroid" and I lost 50 peds for nothing (25 to go & 25 to come back) because I tryied to make some minings there but I've been stucked near the TPs.
I got a claim 10 meters from the TP and I've been unable to extract anything.
Also, when I walk - let's say 40 steps - I'm pushed back to the TP. So, then, No way to go anywhere in any biodome...

Also, before, clicking on the claim and clicking on "use tool" the avatar used to go directly to the claim and extract. Now, I've been unable to extract something. I always get a message asking me to be near the claim to extract. Even if I ON the claim...

Another strange thing... before the VU, clicking with the mouse on the ground, the avatar used to go to the destination, now, clicking on the ground with mouse, nothing happens.

Had a try on crafting....
Seems that now they changed a bit the rules.
- Clicking for crafting is less longer, but they add a new feature which tells you that nothing happened. You have now "Success" - "Near success" - "Failure" - "Error". (When error comes, no ressources is used. But you have 6-10 times this message before something happens.
VERY VERY Strange and useless..... just annoying.
- Success rate dramatically lowered.....
- The Crafting GUI is quite awful... Needs a bit graphical improvements (but I know... this is really not the fist thing that needs to be corrected)
So, then, for the moment the crafting is not a good idea...

I really hope that the mini VU will correct at least all the Gameplay features...

Also, I've been to Akmuul, and they put the auctioneer in a shadow, so then, it's quite hard to find it!! he's completely black in a black shadow!!

People, we had titan of war impacting Calypso. Don't be suprised that some things work strange and some don't work at all. We have post war chaos, calm down and start doing small (cheap) tests. Try to find as many bugs as you can, screenshot every single one of them and send support case. It would be cool if we had a separate thread with some strict rules for posting bugs (not discussing them, but posting what happened, where, when, screenshot) so MA support can have all in one place. Or separate, e.g. sound related, graphics realted, strange features and so on.
I'm back to testing now when I know what to look for. I want this game to be running normally asap and all I can do is testing it on myself unfortunately. MA will owe us all a BIG BEER after all this (BTW: did shipment arrive yet?).

Good Luck ingame and fingers crossed for future patches.

Reactions: il
I noticed that you have to aim the excavator towards the claim pole instead of the beam or ground. Hope that helps at least some of you guys. I really am lost without 3rd person mode, if they cant put it back I'm done with this game :/ Mining in first person is not fun and without armor you have to stop all the time to look what mobs are around you.

Also, before, clicking on the claim and clicking on "use tool" the avatar used to go directly to the claim and extract. Now, I've been unable to extract something. I always get a message asking me to be near the claim to extract. Even if I ON the claim...

Another strange thing... before the VU, clicking with the mouse on the ground, the avatar used to go to the destination, now, clicking on the ground with mouse, nothing happens.

Those are addressed in the content list.

Left click to navigate is disabled. Also, while you can target animals/players in third person, trying to shoot them with Use Tool will not work. The weapon is fired in whatever direction the avatar happens to be facing, rather than the selected target.

The ‘Move to Target while Interacting’ option is currently unavailable.

I've seen a few ppl complaining about running up hills. To my mind, that's a functionality enhancement. We're moving towards realistic environments. No more running through rocks. Steep hills can't be run up in real-life either, I think it makes the environment much more exciting to navigate than simply setting auto-pilot.

When I first logged in I made the journey from Cape Corinth down to Hadesheim and then on to Hadesheim West, it's not supposed to be easy - if it was, why do it?

I've seen a few ppl complaining about running up hills. To my mind, that's a functionality enhancement. We're moving towards realistic environments. No more running through rocks. Steep hills can't be run up in real-life either, I think it makes the environment much more exciting to navigate than simply setting auto-pilot.

When I first logged in I made the journey from Cape Corinth down to Hadesheim and then on to Hadesheim West, it's not supposed to be easy - if it was, why do it?

One word: Mining.

Also for the sake of convenience...

Also, Commodore, in 2 weeks you will be SICK of navigating and wishing we could run up the hills. Trust me. It might be fun in the beginning... but not in the long run.

seriously the steepness you can climb up is for babies ..i bet it will be adjusted.

i have a good friend who got a huge deposit at such a position.

well

anyways im happy as clusters are still there:

What I am surprised at if MA want more realism is that no damage is taken when dropping from a height and we can still breath underwater endlessly. :scratch2:

I wanted to come back to playing when 10 was released , but Im not paying to be a beta tester.

Why cant MA run a Test server ( in WoW PTR Public TEST Realm) where we are given ped to test and some skills but these are not transferrable back to live system.

ok graphics problems I can handle as some peoples PC's just will not cut it. But to release this like it is , its just not on :mad:

annoying stuff :

- pressing esc to exit the chat mode (enter in and enter out would be logic and comfortable)
- auto aim not working
- PM contents appearing only after sending a line
- predefined mouse keys/combinations not working, they do under win for sure

glitches :

- when minimizing PM and opening action library for instance, the scrollbar of PM log appears under minimized PM window
- revive hang or getting like a frame update per 10 seconds and it does not end unles relogged

J.

Anyone else have the EU Client loader say you got less RAM than you do?

Ive got 4GB Ram on the motherboard, and 2Gb on the graphicscard, yet the loader says i do not meet minimum requirements cause it says i have 1Gb (i dont know WHERE the heck it finds that number)

PS. Using Windows 7

When I turned of compability in 00 7 RC my operating system turns red but I got 4 GB and the EU runs as in Vista 32 (Nvidia crashes ). I dont had time to see if 7 works faster and better then V 32.

Issues:

Lighting textures way too bright or too dark. Seems to cause frame rate issues.

Avatar stops to check out weapon resulting in deaths more often and wasted money

Unable to walk up a reasonable grade hill. I can understand mountains but there's some hills which arent too steep yet we're still unable to walk up.

For my fellow players out there here is something to think about. Lets say 1 out of 10 people doesnt have the cash to upgrade there comp to meet the new requirements to play this game and so they go decide to quit and head off to the next mmorpg that they can tolerate. That means Entropia has just lost 10% of its players and thus MA is taking in 10% less cash from those missing players that deposit.
Do we expect the MA to eat the loss or does MA pass the loss on to our loot pool by making crappier returns and less frequent hoffs and ATH ? You do the math...

Just wondering...Do you mean that EU shouldnt get a graphical uppdate because there are some people whos computers cant handle the game?
You have to take in to consideration the 30% more players that will try the game now that its getting as pretty as the competition ;)

I doubt FPC will loose that many players. I believe they will gain.

Erm.... You were warned several months in advance that this a new graphical update would occur soon, should have been plenty of time to save those pennies for a new machine? no?

Hi, i sometimes have this "BSOD" crashes from time to time and use a Nvidia system (Nvidia mainboard drivers, GeForce 9500 GT graphic card, driver vers. 6.14.011.8206).
Today i noticed that the crash may happen because the graphic card is overheated. Today for example i had a crash after like 10 minutes playing, the PC was running for like 15 minutes, after the crash i noticed that the graphic card (the metal part below the cooler) was very hot, one couldn't keep the finger on it for long. Didn't see any other game cause such a heat (playing Eve, Lotro etc.). All graphics were set to low, so maybe theres something causing the graphic card work extra hard, overheat it and it then crashes the game in as some kind of overheat protection ?

- revive hang or getting like a frame update per 10 seconds and it does not end unles relogged
J.

I think thats caused by the amount of textures its loading, I'm running in window mode so I can have task manger running and when I use a tp or revive the memory usage massively increases.

Just to login requires nearly 700-800mb I can watch it slowly increase and when it hits that level I know I'm in (thats before the login screen has even dissapeared). During a tp the same thing happens, last night I saw it using over 1.4Gb and all I'm doing is running around. It can only be the textures loading as the hard drive activity light goes solid on until I can move again. I'm defraging my system and offloaded the virtual memory to another hard drive.

As for the nvidia overheating, it could be the physx stuff as they now off load the processing to the graphics card and integrated the functions into the the drivers. If MA have screwed up and allow the gfx card to go into an infinite loop or try to get it to do too many calcs it could cause the overheating. It would also explain why going back to older version drivers supposedly fixes the issue.

Last edited:
I've been following up my ATI HD2600XT with Rivatuner for the last couple of days.

Entropia :
100% GPU occupation from the moment the login screen appears. Stays 100% all the time. Not a single idle moment on the GPU, no matter if I'm doing something or am just standing still in an empty place. I do get a few more FPS in empty places, however.
Card runs at around 75°C with fan on 60%.

Crysis demo :
Similar as Entropia, 100% GPU and 75°C

My other game :
33% GPU occupation in 25 man dungeon boss fights, with 25 avatars shooting, spellcasting, running, and doing melee on several mobs at the same time. Card runs at 65°C and fan on 40%.

That 100% GPU usage scares me.

I am looking around for another card, but I'm not sure if my power supply could handle the type of card that's apparently needed for this game now. Also Entropia is the first application to overload my 2 GB RAM to the point where it starts swapping to disk.

New graphics card ...
New power supply ...
More RAM ...
and I was not, and am not, planning to buy a new PC until Windows 7 is on the market and stabilized.

I'm not sure if you are drunk, high or is it just lack of sleep.

Realism? Yes, great thing. But in current EU you can't climb slopes so small, that it's plainly unrealistic. 45 degrees slope IRL is absolutely climbable, you can even run up such hill. You could possibly climb slowly at something with 60 degrees slope. In EU now you can look at 30 degrees slope as it was Mount Everest... Of the height of your ava... It's not like we are not able to climb up a mountain (here, I understand, climbing gear is essential). We are not able to climb unreasonably mild hills.

Way from Corinth to the crater is piece of cake. Try New Switz. Try running around most modified areas of Eudoria. Ah, and don't forget about mining on the way. I guess that with hitting anything nice in inaccesible place you will come back to EF to whine how bad this so called "feature" is.

Just wondering...Do you mean that EU shouldnt get a graphical uppdate because there are some people whos computers cant handle the game?
You have to take in to consideration the 30% more players that will try the game now that its getting as pretty as the competition ;)

I doubt FPC will loose that many players. I believe they will gain.

Not at the moment for sure. Untill they patch it up to some reasonable level, they can only loose any new player deciding to start EU now. When it has again playability of 9.4, maybe this will start to change.
The problem is not specification of PCs needed to play this. Most of new computers built with gaming in mind will handle EU on reasonable quality level. The problem is with lots of bugs we are encountering and problems with drivers have to be sorted out too.

EU looks beautifull, they did great job with this. There are breath taking views there and I don't have much problems with graphics (some crashes from time to time and artifacts in certain circumstances). But at the moment, after something like 1 hour ingame, I prepared A4 sheet with short description of bugs I met on the way. Sending them tomorrow, together with screenshots where possible. I can and I will be a beta tester. Have nothing better to do in my free time anyway. Still, I would prefer to not to have to pay for this.

I know that guys in MA are working on many problems now and that at the end they will sort it out. So fingers crossed and I hope we will get patches soon.

Erm.... You were warned several months in advance that this a new graphical update would occur soon, should have been plenty of time to save those pennies for a new machine? no?

Did you notice the specs were changed very recently, or MArco mention that settings would make it run on machines that ran the last VU, and why is my machine (both actually) up to and past their current specs even on the loader ..yet it runs grudgingly and the loader can't see some of my RAM either same as a previous poster in this thread?

Anyone who went ur and bought a new machine for CryEngne2 when it was first announced would be told it's now too old wouldn't they..since it's been well over a year and according to some folk that's a machine that needs replacing now as it's out of date?

I'm wondering what reason it would need to use all that memory for even before the game graphics are loaded too? I could understand if there were lots going on graphically, but there isn't. God help us in the next big event or LG if people have problems out alone on lower settings with a lot of the graphical effects unavailable.

Why did the flat areas like NAte need new hills and cliffs, sure they look nice, but there were hilly areas before CE in some areas...and new areas could easily have been added to complete the planet without buggering up the older areas for miners and hunters. I'd rather have seen a update of the old terrain and new and exciting vistas to discover in a new area ...which would kill two birds with one stone as they have treat old areas like new anyway and will now have to start over on finishing any extra land.

"Feature" seems to be the new "dynamic" a buzzword when there's no real reason to something :laugh:

t

Last edited:
This is what happened with this V.U :

Last edited:
The hills are a pain in the ass, but I think it will keep botters out. Thats good enough for me. People running in one direction for days on end, now let them try that crap. It might be the same reason areas have been mod'ed because some people have the map memorized for their bot using macros and such.

Plates are still not fixed, some are still stuck and cant be equipped on certain armour pieces.................

I've just been hunting AOA's south of Ithica only to find that 2 mobs I killed were not lootable. The cursor never changed when placed over the carcass.

I thought, try another to see if thios is a bug, but thought I'd drag the health bar off it first before I waste my ammo.... unable to drag the health bar off. Could shoot it it and kill it, but no way to loot.

Very soon after came ESC and log off :D

Ok I dont know how you guys test the drivers for graphic card but this is wrong.

I got a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX 768mb. It said in the site that:

There is a problem that sometimes causes a fatal crash (otherwise known as “Blue Screen of Death” or “BSOD”) on nVidia-based systems. This mostly affects newer graphics card driver versions. With older drivers, the client might still crash but not always with Blue Screens. We have found that driver release 182.50 will not trigger as many crashes as newer versions. If you crash frequently we can recommend you to install this driver version instead. We are working together with nVidia and CryTek to resolve the problem. ATI-based systems are not affected.

I have installed 182.50 older driver had 190.30 before and It didnt help anything. I still crashed after 5 min. exactly 5 min if I may point out.

So you guys should really look into this better.
:(

Ok I dont know how you guys test the drivers for graphic card but this is wrong.

I got a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX 768mb. It said in the site that:

There is a problem that sometimes causes a fatal crash (otherwise known as “Blue Screen of Death” or “BSOD”) on nVidia-based systems. This mostly affects newer graphics card driver versions. With older drivers, the client might still crash but not always with Blue Screens. We have found that driver release 182.50 will not trigger as many crashes as newer versions. If you crash frequently we can recommend you to install this driver version instead. We are working together with nVidia and CryTek to resolve the problem. ATI-based systems are not affected.

I have installed 182.50 older driver had 190.30 before and It didnt help anything. I still crashed after 5 min. exactly 5 min if I may point out.

So you guys should really look into this better.
:(
Try www.guru3d.com and grab the modified drivers.. maybe that will help you out... i have the .56 drivers and the only issue i have is inside shop containers.

Try www.guru3d.com and grab the modified drivers.. maybe that will help you out... i have the .56 drivers and the only issue i have is inside shop containers.

GeForce ForceWare 190.56 Windows XP (32-bit) to download?
Its in beta is it stable?

Back