Question: Land Area Owner Income? And other wild questions!

Shard-Angel

Prowler
Society
Project Entropia
Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel
Greets.

Recently I read a thread where people were talking about their owned LA's and what incomes they were receiving - I cannot seem to find that post anywhere... which sparked these questions:

*1* What sort of ballpark income do LA Owners make?

*2* Is it paid out daily?

*3* Does it display seperate balance sheets for hunting, mining, shopkeepers, etc?

*4* (I understand a Hunting LA Owner needs to maintain the spawns) Does mining land owner need to do *anything* to maintain the land? Or can he/she go on a vacation and come back to collect the peds?

*5* Is it better to own 100 CLDs, or a 100k Mining LA? ;) Which pays better?

*6* The minerals the LA Owner inherits with the land - have they remained the same since Beta days? Or do the resources deplete and new ones spawn?

*7* Can resources be customised via MA intervention/request/payment via peds (eg. shop item points)?

*8* Can Shopkeepers be placed ANYWHERE on the LA? Or just near the revival point?

*9* Does LA have "item points" to consider (ie for decor, furniture)? Or can we build a mountain using 1,000,000,000 dung units? :laugh:

*10* Can LA's be set to PVP ON/OFF should we choose to?

*11* Are there any hidden costs involved in owning a LA?

*12* Any pitfalls or advice? What NOT to do?

Heh... hopefully some LA Owner can enlighten me. :D

Thanks.

Greets.

Recently I read a thread where people were talking about their owned LA's and what incomes they were receiving - I cannot seem to find that post anywhere... which sparked these questions:

*3* Does it display seperate balance sheets for hunting, mining, shopkeepers, etc?

*4* (I understand a Hunting LA Owner needs to maintain the spawns) Does mining land owner need to do *anything* to maintain the land? Or can he/she go on a vacation and come back to collect the peds?

*6* The minerals the LA Owner inherits with the land - have they remained the same since Beta days? Or do the resources deplete and new ones spawn?

*7* Can resources be customised via MA intervention/request/payment via peds (eg. shop item points)?

*8* Can Shopkeepers be placed ANYWHERE on the LA? Or just near the revival point?

*9* Does LA have "item points" to consider (ie for decor, furniture)? Or can we build a mountain using 1,000,000,000 dung units? :laugh:

Thanks.

1. Ball park 50 peds - 400 peds

2. It ranges if a LA makes less then 50 peds in a day It will not pay tax for that day and roll over to the next.

3. Nope. It just comes up in your ped centre like CLD payments under a different tab.

4. Vacation but you really need to keep promoting your OLA as much as you can. So breaking is not good for any OLA.

5. If you use the formula here the price's and returns should be similar: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?223955-OLA-outback-land-areas

6. I am unsure, but for as long as I am aware it has not changed enough to worry.

7. No. the only thing that can be changed from what they call "Natural" is the natural mobs removed thats found on your OLA.. but once they removed you can't even pay to get them returned they are gone forever.

8. Shopkeepers cannot be placed at all on your OLA, unless you own the shed then they can only be placed around the shed boundarys.

9. OLA's have 0 item points only if you own the shed you can place items there, and the item points there are based on the shed's allowance.

10. Sure can but this setting can be changed only once every 24 hours. so you can't stand at the marker turn it on kill your mate then turn it off :)

11. There is, fertalizer, events and promotional costs but if you knew about these then, no.
Fertalizer is only needed for OLA with DNA, natural spawns don't need fertalizer.
Events and Promotions are only a cost needed to be paid if these are things you want.

12. Don't buy a OLA and fill it with Exo DNA :), best advice is don't buy what you cannot afford to lose, have fun with it, and listen to what the public want's, even though you own it you can make it fun for yourself but have to be considerate of others.

Enjoy the journey to LA ownership and the challanges it give's
Inno :)

*6*
The minerals the LA Owner inherits with the land - have they remained the same since Beta days? Or do the resources deplete and new ones spawn?

What ArieJVW said except
Impossible to predict because Incomes = visitor's loot * x%(taxes)

and #6
I dont know for the others OLA but at VU 10 mining resources have changed on OLA #15 from:
Angelic, Dunkel, Lytairian, Oil, Typonolic / Blausariam, Cumbriz, Ferum, Kanerium, Lysterium, Terrudite, Tridenite
to:
Azzurdite, Dianum, Lysterium, Narcanisum, Niksarium, Quantium / Acid Root, Alicenies, Angelic, Binary, Lytairian, Magerian, Melchi, Oil, Typonolic

Last edited:
What ArieJVW said except #6
I dont know for the others OLA but at VU 10 mining resources have changed on OLA #15.

6. I am unsure, but for as long as I am aware it has not changed enough to worry.

:) I guess they have, was the change dramatic? or just 1?

6. I am unsure, but for as long as I am aware it has not changed enough to worry.:) I guess they have, was the change dramatic? or just 1?
I edited my post. I'm slow on keyboard.:tongue2:

What ArieJVW said except

and #6
I dont know for the others OLA but at VU 10 mining resources have changed on OLA #15 from:
Angelic, Dunkel, Lytairian, Oil, Typonolic / Blausariam, Cumbriz, Ferum, Kanerium, Lysterium, Terrudite, Tridenite
to:
Azzurdite, Dianum, Lysterium, Narcanisum, Niksarium, Quantium / Acid Root, Alicenies, Angelic, Binary, Lytairian, Magerian, Melchi, Oil, Typonolic

that is some pretty big changes in resources, so for NO.6 don't bank on your ores not changing but in saying that VU10 was a huge update to Cryengine2.

If u get a LA with niksa, narc, cobalt, gazz, triden, ruga, typo, plastix and nothing else for 100k then hell yeah it´s THE money-maker, else go for CLDs :tongue2:

so for NO.6 don't bank on your ores not changing

Even if you could bank on it, you wouldn't be able to bank on the MU remaining good for ever.

to:

That *is* a vast shift.... in fact its a total replacement of resources! Did you file a complaint with MA?

Also note... it has been said that this year (2012) has the space update coming - with "planetary" resources being rebalanced to promote interplanetary trade. So be warned that more LA's might be affected with further resource shuffling.

To accomodate the increasing number of planets within Entropia Universe and to encourage the growth of local planetary economies, one area that will receive special attention in the coming months is space travel and interplanetary trade. Resources and materials will be rebalanced among the planets in order to enable each planet to develop a thriving and healthy local economy, while at the same time creating opportunities for participants to engage in commerce across multiple planets.

If u get a LA with niksa, narc, cobalt, gazz, triden, ruga, typo, plastix and nothing else for 100k then hell yeah it´s THE money-maker, else go for CLDs :tongue2:

Am sticking with 100 CLDs for the moment then. :rolleyes: Will consider the LA's later when new planets appear... and prices drop further after reshuffling of resources! ;)

Even if you could bank on it, you wouldn't be able to bank on the MU remaining good for ever.

Lets think about it this way MU is a LA owners nightmare, we don't get tax on MU :)
But high MU brings in the punters

Good MU is an LA owners wet dream!

At the time you think your having a great dream. then you wake up, and realize what a mess. (just like a wet dream :))

you think WOW 1000 ped ruga! thats like 37,000 peds after MU...... oh wait I only get tax on 1000 peds

Inno :)

But as I said high MU ores brings in the people.

Lets be frank, you got a heap better chance at seeing ATH or even HOF on you OLA with the lower MU ores then them one's with good MU and considering OP is talking about income and profit's there is alot to consider.

Last edited:
i will come back to this thread 5 years later !

What ArieJVW said except

and #6
to:

With VU 10, a lot of resources have changed , not only your LA it was everywhere in all Calypso!

Greets.

Thanks.

1. There is no fixed amount which LA owners make. It varies tremendously based on location, DNA, geography, and most importantly the way it is managed. Most LAs on Calypso likely produce less than 50 PED/month. This is because they are passively managed. A very good LA will produce 50 PED/day passively managed. A very good LA with very good management will produce 1,000+ PED/day.

2. There is a payment period at all balls every day. If your LA's revenue was less than 50 PED then it simply rolls over to the next period until you have at least 50 PED.

3. There are no balance sheets ingame, only "ped flow center" which differentiates between a "Land Areas" category and "shopkeeper" category, as well as a few others. If you own multiple land areas, Arkadia Underground Deeds, and Arkadia Moon Deeds, they are all thrown into the same window but are differentiated with text indicating where the revenue came from.

4. To run a successful mining LA you need a convenient location, good minerals, and an aggressive ad campaign to bring an initial client base. I would argue that it is more difficult to run most mining LAs than it is to promote a hunting LA, as most mining LAs have the same minerals located just off the LA untaxed.

5. A 100k mining LA will be absolute trash. It would be far better to own 100 CLDs.

6. Resources change over time based on the population density of the planet, the phase of the moon, alignment of the stars, and the general mood at the MindArk office.

7. Resources cannot be customized.

8. Shopkeepers can only be placed in your shed.

9. You cannot drop items on land areas anymore.

10. PvP is a setting you can change.

11. Costs of owning an LA on Calypso include the following: Fertilizer (if you intend to spawn mobs), event promotion, and possibly upgrades available under the "estate development" at planetcalypso.com.

12. Pitfalls: Don't take land area management advice from people who have never owned a land area. The LA management game is significantly different than it appears to be at face value. Don't walk into LA management thinking it is a passive investment. The only LAs which will beat out CLDs passively will cost you upwards of 750,000 PED.
Advice:
1. Don't buy cheap. If you're going to spend less than 200k you may as well buy CLDs. The best bang for your buck will be found in the 300k PED range, as that is a rather difficult amount to liquidate and consequently appears to be the relative "ceiling" of a price on a land area, regardless of profitability potential.
2. Actively manage your land areas. Passively managing your LAs will lead to inevitable disappointment, while good active management will significantly outperform your expectations.
3. Do your research and do NOT be rushed into buying a land area. LA trading is a very slow business, you have all the time in the world. If a deal seems so good it's going to pass you up, go ahead and let it. Another good LA will be on the market soon enough.

Last edited:
Back