Question: Land Areas: Purchasable Features

MsPudding

Elite
Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
MindArk,

First and foremost thank you guys for taking the time to read our posts, answer our questions and communicate with us! We, as a community may not always be the easiest people to please, but one thing is for sure. We are a passionate bunch!

Thank you guys for the hard work you put in and the apparent increased devotion to EU and communication these last few years. I believe the current team and current leaders at MindArk are some of the very best we've ever had! From a player's perspective you guys have been listening to us more now than in the past, you've been implementing positive changes, and working to fix bugs and improve our experience. Thank you.

I have had a lot of confidence in this team and the direction of the game. But, I want to mention that as a Land Area owner, at times I feel constrained by the options in game.

My question: Have you considered allowing Land Area owners the ability to purchase additional features for their lands?

How likely would purchasable features become a reality in the next year or two on a scale of 1 to 10, one being "unlikely" and 10 being "very likely".

Examples of Purchasable Feature for a Land Area:
  • Seasonal boxes added to loot during Mayhem
  • Advanced customization options for running in game events
  • Ability to "seed" loot on your Land Area by adding specific items to the loot on your land area
  • Ability to temporarily "upgrade" current mob DNA in the fertilizer station to a more unique loot table
  • Enhanced skill rewards and attribute rewards offered in different packages for different prices, something like 10%, 20% or 30% increased skill and attribute gains. These features could be purchased for a limited time for your LA, for example a week or a month
These are just a few ideas and examples to get the conversation started.

Accurate pricing would need some consideration. The idea is to allow LAs the ability to offer some additional perks, while ensuring that MindArk benefits as well as the players hunting on the land.

Currently, the in game event system is lacking. Costs to create an event are too high in my opinion, having to "rent" out your own LA on Calypso at current pricing more often results in a loss. Current costs dissuade many LA owners from even running them. Furthermore, the current in game event features have been unchanged for so long and have become quite "stale" and uninteresting for most.

Additionally, the Codex removed Iron Missions and really destroyed some peoples' motivation to login and hunt something--since most mobs offer the same rewards and bland options. I think allowing a more tailored skill reward system, similar to the iron missions, would ignite a flame inside many hunters. Your players need a reason to login, Iron Missions gave people a reachable goal with unique progress. Perhaps revisiting something like that is worth the effort.

Regardless. I love this game, and I love this side of the game. I have been here since 2010 and I hope to be here in 2031!

I want to do everything I can to help create fun events that give players more of a purpose to login and grind. I'm always looking for ways to accomplish that, and thought I'd ask you guys if you'd be open to the idea.

Sincerely,
MsPudding

Back