Land Grab 2008 Update

I see RX MA units at Akkumul hmm mebbe pk event after all?

Very, very sorry about this everybody, but it was the best call to make given the situation. The servers aren't doing well. Our people are working on it and I hope we'll have an update next week.

We understand your frustration and really appreciate your patience with this.

Ok, thanks.

As much as people are going to kick and scream and cry, you obviously did the right thing - if the servers are not working properly and you went ahead with it then people would be screaming and yelling even louder at the end should a server go down and prevent someone from defending a claim... better to re-schedule and try and fix the problem.

Way to go guys! As for everyone complaining, just remember, this is 90% of some of their lives... they have nothing else to complain about. ;)

NOTE: I can understand peoples frustration with this only be announced a mere 2 hours prior to the scheduled start tho - more advance notice would have been nice.

Nice jobb MA :mad:

MA, How about Free skilling for 24hrs?
No nerfs, only green text! Lots of green text! :yay:

RX Unit 477 Confirmed @Akmull

LOL Rx unit at Akmuul and then the server went down.

RX Unit 477 Confirmed @Akmull

Gimme Proof bla bla bla... your confirmation isnt enought bla bla bla..... :silly2:

I screemed need toilet paper then server went down :(...

I just tried to get there and immediately had a CTD :laugh:

Have to laugh or I'll cry :silly2:

Ahh so it was you who crashed the server :p

Ahh so it was you who crashed the server :p

Yep sorry my fault :laugh:

Relogged back at TI City in armour when I was in Twins with normal clothes on :scratch2:

...IF they are so sorry as they say - then lets see what they do to compensate us...

Yes, I agree, they should compensate us.

I...er...bought a Ghost and 6a's and...er...have a nearly-dead korrs...and, er, I did it entirely for this LG...as, er...my constant bot hunts recently will prove beyond a doubt.

...of course we will have to be careful that unscrupulous people do not recieve compensation; those that did not intend to participate.

Perhaps we need a secret-handshake :D

----------

Hamsters 2; Community 1

PIctures of RX477 unit @ akmull

You have NO chance at all

Hehe funny thing,

When I was pretty much alone at akkumul RX logged in and had lvl 90 all prof standings. Then he relogged and suddenly had 198 prof standings...

Tough but right choice to make MA given the instability of the past day or so. It would have been much worse running it as it's been. It looks to me like you worked up to the last minute trying to fix it before cancelling.

It was painfully obvious there was a major problem going on. Would have been better if MA had mentioned something in forum yesterday about the problem and that they were working on it.

Communication.. communication.. communication.. it's a good thing ;)

500 hp thats sick.
I would love to have a anti-materiel weapon now, I'm sure the price will cover the costs.

I'll give MA thumbs up for this one. They had to make a tough choice, but I believe it was the right one. They were forthcoming with information and seemed to be dealing w/ it professionally. A hardware problem is just that, a hardware problem. Not "MA n00b devs broken code" or something lol. They're doing the right thing here, and trust me, it's gotta suck on both sides :)

I'll give MA thumbs up for this one. They had to make a tough choice, but I believe it was the right one. They were forthcoming with information and seemed to be dealing w/ it professionally. A hardware problem is just that, a hardware problem. Not "MA n00b devs broken code" or something lol. They're doing the right thing here, and trust me, it's gotta suck on both sides :)

Thumbs up for noticing the last hour, indeed.
Definitively no MA nOOb devs broken code, definitively a good manamagent approach ...

NOT !!!!

Atami

PS :

I do understande the decision, but communication & management sucks @ MA

Entropia Universe is dynamic! ;)

We are evaluating this as well, something, anything...

Well seeing that I turned down a day of 10 hours overtime...........Cost me another 400 US thats 4 k peds and the 5k ped deposit....

I know it must have been very hard to cancel LG.....It just hurts my ped card and bank account got me pretty pissed off...

Read this thread as its developed, i feel for MA (ducks for flaming) because it's a straight case of if it could happen, it will happen.

Interesting thing now is how they recover, software/hardware problem regardless, control the recovery and keep your customer happy throughout.

Hell looks like a regular day for me and at this point nobody has died !

Heads down, eye's in......

This was a very difficult decision to make. Given the current situation at hand where the stability is unacceptable, starting the Land Grab would have been a lot worse than postponing it. The MA development team has been at the office and the investigation is ongoing. The stability deterioated last night and we have had people on it since then. Both software and hardware is being checked - right now the situation appears to be hardware related. I fully understand and share the huge disappointment by this decision, but we just couldn't commence the land grab given the circumstances, it would have been plain irresponsible to do that. We apologize profoundly.

In order to confirm that servers can’t handle LG event MA organize an event in PVP mode emulating for the most part LG conditions: concentration of players at same spot shooting each other.

In order to confirm that servers can’t handle LG event MA organize an event in PVP mode emulating for the most part LG conditions: concentration of players at same spot shooting each other.

Its kinda been done. The problem as I understand it from what Marco and Frank have posted was that the servers suddenly lost stability over the last 24hrs possibly due to a hardware problem. So they had the awkward choice of either postponing the land grab while they sort it out, or running the land grab and having a good chance of it going horribly wrong.

Understandable that people are frustrated having reorganised their RL schedules to free up eight or so hours, but given the circumstances postponing was the only sensible choice available really. The late notice didn't help, but I'd guess that was because MA were hoping that they'd get it all fixed in time to let it go ahead.

Good decision to cancel the landgrab. Servers were very fragile the last days...

Must have been hard to cancel it. Actually it's the first time i remeber that MA admited technical problems. The RX event was hardly a compensation, but it showed two things: MA listens to their customers and they do care.

Many ppl put a lot of time and work into being able to participate in lg. So the disappointment is huge. MA can be thankfull to have such caring and enthiusiastic participants. Now they should do their best to host a lg free of problems and to compensate the ppl for the delay.

I really hope that this is the beginning of a more professional customer realtionship management.

The late notice didn't help, but I'd guess that was because MA were hoping that they'd get it all fixed in time to let it go ahead.

Yes, we had a possible solution we applied to the system, but when it failed to fix the problems we couldn't proceed. And that was about 90 minutes before LG was expected to start. We really hoped the solution would be the correct cure and that LG could start as expected at 18.00. That is why the time between expected launch and info about postponement were short.

Back