Land Grab- Plans, ideas, and suggestions

Phil Surtees

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Phil Hill Surtees
My intent in starting this thread is to create a discussion of constructive ideas, serious or silly, that might aid in creating the next Landgrab scenario.

And I'll start it off with my idea: Landmarkers will also be challenged by robot invasions.
The reasoning is thus: 1, Any soc that wins an LA will have earned it, regardless of alliances; 2, It adds another level of complexity to the whole thing, which imho is good; 3, It guarantees revenue for MA, giving them incentive to hold LG's.

Think of it: In last LG, soc's waltzed onto the land , knowing it was theirs, and no ammo was spent in anger. That would all change! Superior combat skills would be rewarded, and challenges to a claim would have a whole new dimension- the robots would be equal-opportunity killers.
So it would be soc-against-soc-against-robots..and maybe the robots will win.

Last edited:
:)

A way to make landgrabs a lot more interesting and competitive for all societies needs to be better thought out.

Rather than a 24 hour showdown of just who is better equipped.

Something that involves knowledge and wisdom that can be spread over a couple of days and involves all 3 core spheres of activity to be engaged.

An off the top of my head example:

3 categories of difficulty belonging to 3 sets of land areas,

1st category being the most difficult though offers the larger areas in prime locations.

Event would include a list of objectives required to be completed in any order, first X number of society winners selects available land-areas they desire in the time completion order they completed the objectives, in full.

Multiple land areas can be won if objectives are completed in full more than one time around before the available land areas are allocated to winners within a category.

Such objectives may include for Category 1:

Hunting Objectives:

Teams must consist of 5 members including the leader.

Team leader only supplies time & position stamped screenshots clearly showing the members in team all within radar range and alive at time of screenshot.

A. Acquire 50+ team globals/Hofs above 200 PED
B. Acquire 20+ team Hofs above 500 PED
C. Acquire 5+ team hofs above 1000 PED
D. Acquire 5 of each uncommon/rare loot drop items from 5 nominated mobs - A, B, C, D & E (25 items in total)

Crafting Objectives:

Craft and screenshot using 5 members belonging to the society:

A. Produce 20 globals/Hofs greater than 50ped upon any crafted item.
B. Manufacture of 5 Full TT (L) items 200+ ped from each of 3 seperate nominated crafting profession areas (Decided upon crafting profession areas must be the same for all society member entries)

eg. Weapons, Tools & Armor of recipe level IX or higher.
(total 75 items for the society, 5 lots of 15, Totalling 15k+ ped worth)

Mining Objectives:

5 members from the society must acquire:

A. 15 Global/Hofs in excess of 200 ped each.
B. 5 claim sizes of 5 seperate (pre-determined by FPC) ores and 5 seperate enmatters (25 of each, 50 total) equal to or greater than 'X' Considerable in size.

Run the event until each categories Land Areas are awarded :)
Category 2 is easier than 1, 3 is easier than 2 in what needs to be achieved.

It is much better than standing around a claim rod with no hope of acquiring a LA unless your a top 10 society.

Overall spend in the period will be emmensely larger in getting objectives completed than a mere 24-hour event, even if it was several mere 24 hour events.

Objective orientated competitiveness would produce better revenue results and would open up the possibility of realistically winning an LA by a larger spectrum of competing societies since it is not based merely on Biggest'FG/Weapon and best protective getup combinations (With society strategy attached).

For the harder categories, place some of the objectives in PvP only areas to make things interesting, especially in hunting certain mobs in PvP zones and mining certain ores/enmatters only found in PvP.

Place in certain restrictions that are not too limiting.

Top 20 societies only can enter category 1 for their 1st LA
If they complete objectives and are awarded with an LA in category 1;
They may then re-enter category 1 for a second LA or ...
If they are ranked 11-20 they are eligible to enter to compete for a maximum of 1 category 2 LA.

Societies ranked 21 - 50 only can enter category 2 for their 1st LA
If they complete objectives and are awarded with an LA in category 2;
They may then re-enter category 2 for a second LA or ...
If they are ranked 36-50 they are eligible to enter to compete for a maximum of 1 category 3 LA

Societies ranked 51 + only can enter category 3 for their 1st LA
If they complete objectives and are awarded with an LA in category 3,
They may then re-enter for a chance at another category 3 LA.

Distribute available areas to cater for greater society involvement across the spectrum.

Maybe something along the lines of:

Category 1 - 30% of the prime location larger LAs,
Category 2 - 40% of the medium well situated LAs
Category 3 - 30% of the remaining LAs on offer.

Hopefully FPC has a bit of creative nouse to them with making such things interesting and competitive in time to come :)

That request was easy, enjoy :)

Last edited:
how the ground for 4 hours and you win, to hell with any kind of fair.

A good concept from Lava, it might be enhanced if MA starts ranking the top 100 or even 200 socs? Something to think about.

Now what do Hunting/Mining/Crafting globals have to do with grabbing land?! LandGrab is a PvP event and now you want to turn it in some regular EU event from which Landowners organize a gazzilion of each year?!

how the ground for 4 hours and you win, to hell with any kind of fair.
Yeah!! And that's why I hardly participate and still be online mostly every LG.
I don't fricking care for alliances or 6 socs out of the Top10 each getting 2-4 lands. I am not a pk-er, I am not in a pk-society and I don't have the connections to form an alliance myself. Mainly because I don't have much to bring into such an alliance. No decend pk-gear, no super-fap, hardly pk-experience because I don't like it very much.

So... No reason and no justification for me whining about LG being not fair for me, for my society or for the next Joe Doe who has 60k skills, 115 hp, who's best armor is plated Gremlin and who mostly uses (L) weapons climbing up the SIB crap.

We all should shut the fuck up and let the big boys use their toys (or not), because they have been working and depositing for that mostly 5+ years and many more to come.
If you don't look at it with eyes of greed, wanting some piece of the pie yourself, but with fascination for the forces behind every LandGrab...
Well, trust me, you would enjoy LandGrab much more yourself :wtg:

Last edited:
just devide the LAs among the alliance.

just devide the LAs among the alliance.

Probably the better solution lol. :yay:

To kemp:

The OP asked for suggestions on adding dimension to LG.
They are the suggestions. Plain and simple. :)

It is sad that you understand the reason MA has postponed:

There are only 2 good reasons for LG being postponed:
1. MA/FPC has way to much shit to do and thus no resources available for:
2. Creating a new, fresh, overhauled LG system that will actually make them more money AND bring more fun to the people.

Yet you suffer the effects of the Entropia "Uber's Syndrome" which has left Entropia rather unappealing as time progresses - This attitude (More of a syndrome) having left Entropia in a decaying state of activity over the years.

We all should shut the fuck up and let the big boys use their toys (or not), because they have been working and depositing for that mostly 5+ years and many more to come.
If you don't look at it with eyes of greed, wanting some piece of the pie yourself, but with fascination for the forces behind every LandGrab...
Well, trust me, you would enjoy LandGrab much more yourself :wtg:

You have stated something which is ongoing, in 10 yrs you will be saying:

We all should shut the fuck up and let the big boys use their toys (or not), because they have been working and depositing for that mostly 10+ years and many more to come.

Well, trust me, you would enjoy LandGrab much more yourself
:wtg:

Will there be any suckers left by this stage who are inspired by hearing they don't have any chance in a pink fit of sundays at a piece of the pie ?

Think about it Kemp ;)

Other upcoming alternative RCE competitors are giving serious consideration to such things in the "Entropia Universe Short-Failings Case Studies"

This "uber's syndrome" and the decaying state of inspiration effecting overall participation & activity for others to be involved with a chance at a piece of pie being one of them.

It sounds like you feel like you missed the boat here in Entropia.
Maybe you have and maybe this is what is trying to be changed.

Last edited:
Eto made a very good point today about Land Grabs :)

but why people would fight ?
They can just buy tiket ... sit on their ass for x hour , and share the LA...

There is no way to puch people to compette if they dont want...
As long as there will be something to win , people will not fight anymore...
People are more after money than after fun...

only way to have them to fight , is to have an event where you win 1 debil shit item that just say you win the event...

loot...

Just do an event... like a 3x skill event similar to SGA... remove deed from old LA owner who won it in last landgrab. Put it in to the loot of some new mob who ate it... New mob should be at least 20 times stronger ahd have 50 times more health than Eomon.

Just do an event... like a 3x skill event similar to SGA... remove deed from old LA owner who won it in last landgrab. Put it in to the loot of some new mob who ate it... New mob should be at least 20 times stronger ahd have 50 times more health than Eomon.

Do you like LG to be 100% same as any other event? Shoot and loot untill
you run of peds. I think it is not a very good idea.

and it should shoot lightnings from its ass! :handgun:

my idea, i wrote it in swedish though so it's a google translate. Only problem i have with this idea is how to do the first capture. (damn that translation sucks, fixing it)

The first time that a team may claim an LA, it has to be done somehow, how i dont know yet.

To fill in with fertilizer, etc would be free at the LA's claim and the Mobs are added and you will not be able to change them.

What, however, will cost money is the featured I thought myself to be introduced. You have to set time spots to defend the LA. Before this time, you can produce the defense work for example turrets and walls etc around a small "base" Turret will certainly not kill an avatar with one hit but they do damage. And the more money you spend on these defenses, the better they are, of course.

Now when it's time to defend his LA so you can be there if you want to be sure to have it left. but you can also let the turrets to defend the base itself but the chances are much greater that's it's not claimed if u are there.

In order to take over the base you have to get into it somehow and get to a place and "hack" it in some way. could be some kind of mini-game, etc.

To cut down on server, stress, etc. so one could do this as a separate "instance" type of beacon transmission. ie once ur inside the base it becomes an instance.

However, for this to be of intererest to ppl the areas has to be made more interesting, that is more rare Mobs and even more rare ore in them so that people actually go there and pull in money for societyt so they can spend them on defense etc..

And LG should not be divided into tiers so that only certain societies can take over them, etc., it should be free for all. And it should be the people of MA know if they have been someone playing training. One should never alienate players from taking part in activities

I really like the Robot Invasion idea. This will ope up more oppertunities to label the LandGrab as an event. Think about it : A new wave of robots from Akbal-Cimi is trying to invade our lands. They are going after these places (lands up for grabbing). Lands top societies may claim are challenged by the biggests baddests of robots. Big Bulk, Eviscerator, Second Entity. For the non top 50 societies drones and spider bombers will try to claim the land.

Land Area #15 is claimed by Lord Telleton and its army of Second Entities! One hour left!
If a land is claimed by the robotic forces we got a new place to hunt robots. Depending on which types were trying to claim the land in the first place of course. Taxed set to 0.0% like all MindArk/Planet Calypso owned lands.

Another idea is to have a great high maturity spawn of the DNA creatures. Want to get a KingFisher land? Prove you are able to kill KingFisher Stalkers!

:handgun::rocket::handgun:

Akbal-Cimi idea has some merit. Now imagine that they do get one of the LAs... That might leave open an opportunity for us to go to their planet and claim an LA too... actually, why isn't Akbal-Cimi in the list of future planets?!?...

I have participated in the new landgrab, and I really did not like the fact that Radar was enabled, so you could see people coming from miles away. I like to see a disturbed radar during the landgrabs, so you can at least try to get inside the fortress unseen. Now its all a matter of having the biggest guns with the longest range.

Last edited:
Keep mobs out of forts. Ppl training mobs into fort to cause desruption seems like an exploit to me. I thougth LG was about PK not hunting mobs.

Del

Are you talkin about the Land grabs that occur every week? IF SO
I think the Land Terminal you need to protect should be in a bunker DOwn underground where NO VEHICLE can be SPAWNED cause atm it is stupid. Use vehicles to protect the fort not the LAND AREA CLAIM. IT should be a PERSON TO PERSON battle within a 'area' not a Who can have as many pitbulls surrounding the LAND AREA CLAIM. should be a well planned assualt within the fort itself. which would seriously bring pvp back into the game.
and would be alot of fun.

That's my 2pec........

Keep mobs out of forts. Ppl training mobs into fort to cause desruption seems like an exploit to me. I thougth LG was about PK not hunting mobs.

Del

they should set, that mobs can't enter via gate - this would be enought

If MA does not want mobs in forts it would be very easy for them to put turrets at the gates.

And they already have the ability to make no vehicle areas as well.

I got a great suggestion that would make land grabs more fun.

More societies actually wanting a LA. Right now there are 3 socs with LA's all the ppl that keep posting on how to make them better dont even have one. So how do you know whats best.

Speak to the ppl that have the land and all they will tell you is

No mobs inside the fort
No vehicals on the claim marker
LG should be once per month per land not weekly
Lag is always a problem but dont know if its MA servers or our own computers

It really is as simple as that.

BTW personally i would like to see more socs involved in LG bugger the current problems with it we all have the same problems to deal with. Surley there are more than 3 socs interested in them or capable of taking one.

Del

I agree with delcore.

If not monthly at least bi-weekly.

Should make the land have better spawns and loot too ;P

more landareas in LG at the same time and more land areas in the LG , theres plenty wilderness that could be made into and la , wierd spots that would be hard to get to , maybe some of those useless islands .(and new unique mobs on them so people want to hunt there)
How about making nostrops LA's LG areas :wtg:

Back