Land Grab won by exploit?

Having been there for the majority of the hour, I don't believe what they did was an exploit but rather a clever use of game mechanics. That being said, I think the system definitely needs to be tweaked to disallow this. Also, from what I noticed actively repairing the vehicles was a moot point; the wreckage was just as capable of deterring rockets/grenades as a 1-20 dmg soaker. The only deaths occurred when members of the claim decided to venture out from the safety zone of vehicles, or were in route back from the RT.

You can still kill opponents who hide behind/inside pitbulls.

Not when they weave in and out of the wreckage. Only if they stand in the center/afk. First successful soc to click and have 3-4 members with a vehicle perimeter wins (though that still counts us out! :silly2: )

TLDR: Grats CCCP + consider removing vehicles from inside fort/required radius to hold a claim.

the thing is when inside the vehicle u gotta HUG the player u wanna kill, and while they are running around inside their vehicles its not easy at that split of a sec hug shoot and hit, cause when u take the shoot he already moved and u shoot the car instead.. :)

Sounds fair enough but that means its just as hard for them to hit you.
If you have the top 5 socs in there going at just one soc sooner or later by shear weight of numbers you must stand some chance off taking the advantage.

Sounds like MA might like it more this way for example:
it takes 45 mins to get each soc out of there and restarting the counter till the toughest one can get their hands on it and hold it rather than each group holding it for 5 minutes till they are wiped out allowing the toughest soc to get the claim marker.

Thats assuming their are tactics to actually get a soc off the claim marker.

Having been there for the majority of the hour, I don't believe what they did was an exploit but rather a clever use of game mechanics.

That's a fine line, because using a vtol to hunt could also be defined as "a clever use of game mechanics" (the vtol works as designed). Both activites give an advantage and enable someone to do something they would not normally be able to do.

IF MA is loosing money it is an exploit if player loosing money it is just a feature.

That's a fine line, because using a vtol to hunt could also be defined as "a clever use of game mechanics" (the vtol works as designed). Both activites give an advantage and enable someone to do something they would not normally be able to do.

Using armor gives an advantage too... guess that means all PvP should be without armor?

ROFL. My SOC wasn't even there attempting to claim any land. I showed up and zipped to the 4 LA's to check out the action with the new system (because I wasn't able to witness the first of the new LG's).

By the way... the statement "whiney dumb forum trolls" has got to be, and probably will remain.... the biggest troll in this thread.

Oh and Luckycharm, the problem is.... one click of that repair tool means the Pitbull is once again able to absorb the shrapnel damage and shield the avatar standing in the middle of it from rifle/pistol fire. Most times the individual gets 1 click of the repair tool off before a second shot/rocket can be fired.

Menace

Rich coming from the guy that threatens people's family from Canada and whine's to forum mods when he can't take the heat he gets in return!

Your a troll, and you are most obviously calling for an entire SOC to get banned by using what i see is a perfectly good tactic!

As said in a post above MA knew this was able to happen it happened last LG before they banned it, they never fixed it and CCCP took advantage of it. Gratz to them on winning a lang.

Try venting your anger at the systems MA/FPC/SEE have yet to bring back since VU10 and not at people in the community that your part of!

Talk talk talk and i still out...

Their tactic worked as planned.
But using vehicles as protection seems almost too good comparing to the firepower that was being launched at claim and vehicles. (I would compare it with a small nuclear bomb :p ) Vehicles absorning too much dmg.
Imagine UU doing same with 40 pitbulls.
How would you get them off the claim?

Lets see how future LGs develop :rocket:

... Vehicles absorbing too much dmg....

Perhaps the distributed damage from the area effect weapons needs to be improved, rather than a nerf on vehicles or their use. The current method of even distribution of damage amongst all targets in range was never a good implementation, in my opinion, and if anything needs to be changed, that would be it.

You can still kill opponents who hide behind/inside pitbulls.

No you could not since every shot directed at person inside a wreck was taken by pitbull, even if i was standing just next to person with lr66/tesla sword.

This is obviously i need of a fix.

No you could not since every shot directed at person inside a wreck was taken by pitbull, even if i was standing just next to person with lr66/tesla sword.

Can you confirm if you had the avatar or the vehicle hit box? If you are sure of having the avatar then this is most definately a bug.

the LA should be taken from them or even banned for the very simple reason pets where they not used as a sheild and What happend there so it should be the same for the pitbulls etc

Did pets take damage if attacked? :scratch2:

the LA should be taken from them or even banned for the very simple reason pets where they not used as a sheild and What happend there so it should be the same for the pitbulls etc

Were pets built for PvP? :scratch2:

I still belive that if the item was made for use in PvP and obviously were made for great protection within this area of use... then it is no exploit, but just good tactics. It need to be changed... ? Other question... but let no shadow fall over the winning team.

/Oz

I don't think it's an exploit... I'd consider it smart use of vehicle

Vehicle are suppose to protect players while taking dmg.... so nothing wrong done!

I wouldn't call hiding behind a vehicle a exploit..........

In my opinion it's not an exploit.
It's damn clever!

You might consider some aircrafts to attack 'em from above.

Its stuff like this that makes me wonder about it all. Is it simple oversight by the developers or is it intended as a means of gathering more decay?
Probably the best recommendation I have seen so far is to put up a public beta testing aria where players can fully explore a new system for bugs and exploits in a save aria before it gets implemented.

You can kill GD's in a destroyed or normal pitbull.

I never said it was easy, but you can most certainly kill someone hiding.

Edit: Your right though, most of the time your gun is aimed at the pitbull hitbox, however, who the fuck uses left click for killing guys who hide in pitbulls? You waste shots, try right clicking, until you dont see yellow messages = success.

Gudri dirst nav malku cirst!

Edit: Your right though, most of the time your gun is aimed at the pitbull hitbox, however, who the fuck uses left click for killing guys who hide in pitbulls? You waste shots, try right clicking, until you dont see yellow messages = success.

So to be able to kill someone (thats is basicly standing still running AC on veichle repair) at LG i must use MA autoaim.
And you dont see how this is a issue?

So to be able to kill someone (thats is basicly standing still running AC on veichle repair) at LG i must use MA autoaim.
And you dont see how this is a issue?

How is right clicking auto-aiming? Right clicking only attacks a target if a target exists. Ofcourse you need to turn "move to target" off.

Im not saying pitbulls dont need to be nerfed they do. They should be made solid objects, that cant be passed through, however that would not solve the problem of 100's pitbulls being spawned.

They should either have an entire LandGrab with only vehicles, meaning if you leave your vehicle you instantly die, or remove them completely.

I came to this thread because OP accused a society of exploiting game play when this type of behavior has been happening since pitbulls were introduced by everyone who PK's.

:eyecrazy: OK over 100 posts and not one person has mentioned this video.

This is BAHQ winning LA 08. Look at what is obviously sitting around the landmarker.

Y'all are making it sound like CCCP was the only one doing this.

Is it an exploit or not? That's for MA/SDS to decide. I'm guessing they'll make any needed changes when they get around to it.

Until then, Selling Pitbulls @ Boxes.

hahaah best quote of this thread so far........................"the attackers brought a knife to a gunfight"

thx shadowsong :laugh:

Rich coming from the guy that threatens people's family from Canada and whine's to forum mods when he can't take the heat he gets in return!

Your a troll, and you are most obviously calling for an entire SOC to get banned by using what i see is a perfectly good tactic!

As said in a post above MA knew this was able to happen it happened last LG before they banned it, they never fixed it and CCCP took advantage of it. Gratz to them on winning a lang.

Try venting your anger at the systems MA/FPC/SEE have yet to bring back since VU10 and not at people in the community that your part of!

If going this far off topic doesn't make you a troll then I don't know what does. Oh... and PM sent.

P.S. No, I do NOT want CCCP to get banned. I want vehicles to be yanked out of the 30M radius around the claim marker so we can actually see a landgrab.

Menace

Last edited:

This is BAHQ winning LA 08. Look at what is obviously sitting around the landmarker.

Is it an exploit or not? That's for MA/SDS to decide. I'm guessing they'll make any needed changes when they get around to it.

I didn't see BAHQ exploiting. I just seen some parked vehicles. No evidence of any exploiting going on there. Owning a gun only makes you a killer if you shoot someone with it.

Menace

Well, UU had vehicles around the claim also. However, I never heard discussed the tactic of just sitting and repairing the vehicles as a means of defending the claim.

It's a balance issue and the claim area needs to be made "no vehicles allowed".

My point with the video was not to say "others are guilty too" but to show that perhaps things aren't always as they seem.

I'd say that for 95% of the time 95% of BAHQ were outside the claim area as most in our society get too bored just hanging around and want some action.

I'm pretty sure that nobody in BAHQ thought we were taking advantage of an exploit and as far as I know we didn't use the repairing strategy.

What we and other societies did was fairly instinctive I think, like on those old cowboy movies where they put the wagons in a circle as a defence against attacking red indians.

And if I thought we were taking advantage of an exploit I wouldn't have posted the video in here.

Talk talk talk and i still out...

nobody cares, man.

First successful soc to click and have 3-4 members with a vehicle perimeter wins (though that still counts us out! :silly2: )

ha!

good job CCCP. interesting twist. as said 100 times on this thread before, if ma didnt think out how vehicles would work in a land battle, then why would they have introduced them as such.

vehicle repairs should be disabled during LA grab's , like the option in the event rules !
problem solved.

yes you all are very welcome :p

greets , sid

Back