Land Grap - How it can be done

Yquem

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Vintage Yquem Port
Initiation

Land Grabs (LG) is gonna have a remake. MA|FPC told after the last LG that some changes is needed because of the big Alliance that was made before last LG.

Now 9 month has past and we are now told that

Landgrab:
Landgrab will be reinvented in order to renovate the landgrab-experience. So I’m sorry to tell you there won’t be any landgrab in the near future.

so this post is ment to help MA|FPC to give us the next LG faster.

I think to give us the next LG as fast as possible we need to use or reuse tools that we allready have.

Exsisting tools

We have the LG tool. It turns on the LG funtion in 19 Land Areas. It works like this. A member of a society has to claim the Land Area and hold it with help from soc friends and who ever like to help in a given time. Only requierement is that a member of the claiming soc needs to be within a short radius of the claim at all time. If none from a soc isnt there in 30 seconds another soc can claim the LA and a new time periode is started.

We have the event tool. With this tool everybody can create an event (has to be tuned on by land owner). An event can run in different time lenght (dunno if you can make a 24hours event thou). A lot of different events can be made like PvP.

How to do a LG

MA|FPC can do the LG almost as they use to. They need to combine the two tools. Now how could that work?

1) It will not be possible for any othere than MA|FPC to create events on the LG LA's
2) MA|FPC will tell a date for the test LG
3) Create an event for 24 (or more) hours on the LA - and take out like 1000 tickets
4) All soc leader that want to take part in the LG for the test LA can get (buy) a fixed number of tickets (25?)
5) Only ppl that has a ticket can participate in the LG event like the current rules. Here i think a small modification is needed. Those 25 ticket holders has to be a member of the same soc.
6) Now the fight can begin
7) For the round 1 and 2 a soc can only get one set of tickets (=25) for only one LA. It should not be public what LA a soc got tickets for. This way they best LA's can have big battels from the best socs. And the other LA can be battled by smaller socs. So it will still be a surprice what socs you will fight to get a LG LA.

Changes needed

This is changes need both for how to run LG and program modification
MA|FPC need to create events (is in the system today). MA|FPC can look here if they forgot: Land Grab: MA thx ppl for great ideas with a BAN :)
MA|FPC need to 'sell' buckets of 25 tickets to a soc leader (manual work)
In round 1 and 2 ppl can only have one LG ticket and need to be in a society (need some program modification)
A new event type is needed: Land Grab (need some program modification)
If a member with a ticket is leaving a soc and joining another soc will have an void ticket

Ups

A society can only win one LA in each round
Soc's that has a big alliance cant jump in and help another soc to defend a claim
There will be more fighting
Several small societies can go for the same LA and fight all other soc's
A good LA is not a free LA any more all can fight for it
One soc will only be able to have max 3 LA's (win the test round and one in each of the other two)
A main soc cant support there sister soc

Downs

Societies can ofc agree and coordinate what LA's to aim for so they dont risk to fight each other
Several small societies can go for the same LA and fight all other soc's
And i guess creative ppl can make othere kind of fancy plans

Conclusion

I think this model can be implemented with a very few and easy (?) modification to the existing systems.

Just call me if you need any futher help :)

MA|FPC give us Land Grab back

Last edited:
It looks like a quick fix to the current system but it has nothing "special".

I prefere to wait a bit longer and see what MA might think of.

It looks like a quick fix to the current system but it has nothing "special".

I prefere to wait a bit longer and see what MA might think of.

I prefere a quick fix (with less work for MA|FPC) rather waiting 2-3 years before they 'get time' to make a great solution.

And with the knowlege we all have in speedy development from MA|FPC i even think 2-3 years will be fast.

It's Land Grab not Land Grap ;)

It's overly complicated and needs MA to do a software update. So it's not going to happen.

If you come up with a simpler solution and which doesn't require an update then MA are likely to do it

A simpler solution could be something like. Creating a PVP event in LA or zychion for each Land grab LA turn by turn. The winner of each event would win a LA for the society they belong to. Only clause FPC need to add here is that X amounts of points min are needed to win hence if in the event everyone cooperate and don't fight no one wins ;)

but why people would fight ?
They can just buy tiket ... sit on their ass for x hour , and share the LA...

There is no way to puch people to compette if they dont want...
As long as there will be something to win , people will not fight anymore...
People are more after money than after fun...

only way to have them to fight , is to have an event where you win 1 debil shit item that just say you win the event...

but why people would fight ?
They can just buy tiket ... sit on their ass for x hour , and share the LA...

There is no way to puch people to compette if they dont want...
As long as there will be something to win , people will not fight anymore...
People are more after money than after fun...

only way to have them to fight , is to have an event where you win 1 debil shit item that just say you win the event...

Hmmmm - Maybe your are right maybe you are wrong - im not the one to tell - but ......

Lets assume there will be 8 LA up for grabs and one of the LA is a falx LA then I think that more than one soc in top 10 would like to get that LA. OFC some in top 10 will have some kind of shared information / alliance so they dont need to fight each other for that LA.

I think that maybe Warants and lets say AoW both wants that LA and they both gets 25 tickets and again i guess who ever AoW is allied with in top 10 soc will go for getting there own LA. Then the 2 soc with maybe some secundary help soc will fight for that falx land.

Doing it in this way even smaller skilled soc's has the possibility to fight for not that hot LA's or they can join a LA just to watch the fighting.

Just remember that one soc can only get tickets for one LA in each round.

So bottom line - top soc's can fight for the best land areas and less skilled soc will have a chance to go for smaller land areas.

I think it's a rather good idea. But as you say in the OP, it's a start and help to get MA/FPC thinking over the LG concept. it's not perfect (yet), but is sounds quite ok.

Most easy and meaningfull fix to LG rules, as i think is:

round 1)

All like classic LG, but only 2 soc can fight for 1 land one by one.
(members of other societies and freelancers is not allowed to
enter LA borders during LG)
Who will fight who and for which land will be choised by random.

results:

Only max 1 standart class land can be win for 1 soc in this round.

Coalitions is usefullness.

round 2)

4 SOCs with higest killscore in round 1 will battle for 2 golden LAs

Who will fight who and for which land will be choised by random.

round 3)

2 SOCs who win in round 2 will battle for 1 PLATINUM LA.

I think good fights is almost garantied in such case.

Best soc will win 3 LAs: standart, gold and platinum
soc number 2 will win 2 LA: standart and gold

Last edited:
Back