Laser weapons ladder

galer

Mature
Hello.

Just returned to the game after 10 years and I have some problem with weapons selection..
I've max out Z12 Barbarella recently and cannot really find next gun to progress with my skills.

Unlimited guns are very expensive and for (L) guns the selection is very poor. Breer series seems kinda nice but there is no Breer M2a on auction. There are some others for my skill level but they have terrible ECO. I used entropiawiki to find something but really can't see anything that is not crap and in decent price.
I cannot really find next weapon I supposed to use right now to gain more skills and kill better mobs.
Another idea was to add amplifier to weapon but again, they are terribly expensive.

Is there some chart with weapons "progression ladder"?

I am using this one - [Ozpyn LR S1X1] but it very close to Z12 - maybe look into Armatrix pistol or [ArMatrix LR-10 (L)] riffles... I would also look into Mindforce and melee to skill up in between looking for next weapon.

But i saw those diagrams on forum - forgot where..... they might not be up to date though...

good luck and welcome back

ArMatrix LR-10 (L) seems pretty nice but it's too soon (10-15 skill lvl and 19.5dmg/sec vs 5dmg/s Barbarella). Looking for something decent in between.
Like I said Breer guns look good (like M2a (L)) but I don't understand why I cannot buy them on Auction and in auction history cannot see lot of them.
I know that player base is not great but seems to me like crafters are only doing Explosive Projectiles now ;)

UL might look expensive but the markup on (L) is lost irretrievably so if you grind seriously you will eventually waste more on markup than the cost of a UL weapon and won't have anything for that. But UL ones you can sell once you are done with them.

Xent Tech Light Rifle X3 - recommended 8 lvl, maxed at 11
A-3 Justifier Mk. 2, Adjusted - recommended 18 lvl, maxed at 23
EWE LC-100 Frontier - recommended 23 lvl, maxed at 28

Best of course to use them only when maxed.

Last edited:
Breer is obsolete. Armatrix are the current standard for (L) weapons. There are some looted options as well but they don't drop very often on Calypso nowadays. And you should definitely be using amps.

ArMatrix LR-10 (L) seems pretty nice but it's too soon (10-15 skill lvl and 19.5dmg/sec vs 5dmg/s Barbarella). Looking for something decent in between.
Like I said Breer guns look good (like M2a (L)) but I don't understand why I cannot buy them on Auction and in auction history cannot see lot of them.

That's because breer weapons do not sell anymore, no point wasting AH fees for a gun that needs to be relisted over and over to sell.
Many crafters (not EP gamblers) most likely have the breer bp's (i have some of them but not all) and can craft you some on demand., or you may find them in a random shop somewhere. But like Oleg said, they are obsolete.

If you know you are here for a while (more than a year or two) then UL gun is the way to go. There is only the original single MU to pay for and at the end you will get most of the money back when you sell it on, or in my case I got more money back as I tiered it up. It is hard to justify the expense up front but imagine paying MU on every (L) gun you purchase in the next couple of years. If you want real cheap DPS then consider melee weapons which are much cheaper to buy than their gun equivalent

Xent Tech Light Rifle X3 - recommended 8 lvl, maxed at 11

There is currently no X3 listed on AH and X2 is around 250p (X3 probably more expensive) so I'm not sure if this is an option.
Let's take scenario:

Player buy starter pack to start in EU. Z12 Barbarella + around 140p for ammo.
After a while he max out Barbarella. To switch to X2 he would need around 400p (250p gun + 150p for ammo to be able to do some 30p hunt runs).
So with optimistic assumption when he still have this initial 140p, goal is to reach 400/500p hunting Exarosaurs/Berycled etc. with Barbarella?

Armatrix are the current standard for (L) weapons.

Armatrix LR-10 (L) is 10-15 skill lvl so it's to soon to switch I think. Looking for something 8-12.

If you know you are here for a while (more than a year or two) then UL gun is the way to go.

I think so too, but this is true for more advanced guns. On low level skill gain is quite fast so I would expect to progress and hopefully switch to bigger gun.

There is currently no X3 listed on AH and X2 is around 250p (X3 probably more expensive) so I'm not sure if this is an option.
Let's take scenario:

Player buy starter pack to start in EU. Z12 Barbarella + around 140p for ammo.
After a while he max out Barbarella. To switch to X2 he would need around 400p (250p gun + 150p for ammo to be able to do some 30p hunt runs).
So with optimistic assumption when he still have this initial 140p, goal is to reach 400/500p hunting Exarosaurs/Berycled etc. with Barbarella?

Don't bother with X2, it's very slow so it gives almost no benefit over Z12 at all.

X3 is quite rare and popular, especially since for many people playing on budget it's the end of the line, because it gets much more costly from there. Need to ask on #calytrade, on the forum, discord etc. It's about tt+550, plus you really want the A102 amp for it, it's another tt+100.

That all been said, I believe that your bankroll (free ped for ammo/repairs) should be at least 3-5 times the cost of your gear. Take X3+A102 for example. With the effectively 13.5 dps you can take on 100-150 hp mobs (not worth upgrading to that dps to hunt smaller things), a 150 hp mob costs 0.5 ped to kill, so on a "30 ped run" you could kill only 60 mobs. It's not a run at all. Even 200 mobs is a too little amount to kill per run, aim at 500+ or your returns will be too random. If you can't provide that you should stay with smaller weapons.

Check this out for more info on bankroll management.

Last edited:
Yeah I did calculations (rough) for X2 but if X3 is tt+550 then it's a different story.

I consider small hunt as around 1000 shots on mobs that I can kil with around 8 shots (that's just MY definition) so with X3 shot cost around 4.12 pec it's more than 50 ped for short run. Consider having stock for let say 10 runs, then it's 500 PED and tt+550PED for gun gives around 1200PED to even think of switching to X3. And we are not talking about amp yet ;)

I also been using the CDF weapons you get from Daily tokens. What do you think ?

Oh! I don't know these weapons so maybe this is it.

What I'm trying to say is that I cannot see nothing decent between starting weapon and for example this X3.
For first one around 100PED bankroll will do the trick, but if for second one you need 1500PED bankroll then it's huge difference and it could be VERY hard to reach this point hunting weak monsters with starting rifle.

Back in the day I remember using Korss H350 (L) and H380 (L) to get past those levels but they haven't dropped in years and I don't know if anything has replaced those in game.

If you think 250 PED is too much to pay for an item then you're probably going to have to continue as you are for quite some time.

If your looking for something just to hold you over till the armatrix, I would look up the Isis LLC series. There actually really nice guns, i would think the llc 3 or 4 is what your probably in the level range for.

Yeah saw them on wiki too but again LLC3 and 4 are to low and LLC6 and 8 are not available on auction.

Back