Let's Help MindArk Improve PvP - Idea Thread

Xen

Mutated
Society
Payn-Inc
Xendar Xen Xal
Increase the number of LG land areas, and then divide them into at least 3 categories with professional standing limits during LG for all but the highest category. This way more people and societies might be interested if they don't have to worry about being blown away like a chirpy by some uber.

VandalHand

Provider
Society
Taciturnity
Vandal VandalHand Hand
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/i_mindark
Crime and Punishment

Obviously the idea of real world and in-game money being interchangeable does lead to some interesting new issues though, such as what happens if somebody kills you and steals valuable equipment from your corpse. Arguably this is a form of theft, as you are taking something which has an easily identifiable real world value. "This will only occur when the player is not insured", Patric assured us. "When a player is insured it won't be possible to loot their possessions."

This mechanism also helps to deal with the notorious player killing issue, as not everybody enjoys fighting other players. "If you should decide to go out and kill other players you will automatically lose your own insurance for X amount of hours and be classed as an outlaw, meaning other players can kill you without punishment", Patric explained. "So those who wish to play Project Entropia as a PK should be very sure of what they're doing before they begin. It won't be much fun for them if they lose their possessions regularly."
This is interesting.
I've played games like Albion Online where you go into a PvP mode outside PvP zones, and others can attack you that do not have it enabled, but also can't loot your gear outside of lootable zones.

The concept is really entertaining to think about, and I think it would also offer a lot of players opportunity to kill outside PvP - similar to creature control capsules (which technically accomplish the same thing at this point).

Personally I would not mind being an outlaw if it means I get to own noobs outside PvP for those sweet kill streaks. :boxer:

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Increase the number of LG land areas, and then divide them into at least 3 categories with professional standing limits during LG for all but the highest category. This way more people and societies might be interested if they don't have to worry about being blown away like a chirpy by some uber.
Great idea!. Wonderful

Theocles

Provider
Remove safe arrival buff from teleports, sucha silly thing in the first place. Should be disabled completely in pvp

Alina

Elite
Society
freeeeee
Stoica Alina Alina
Remove safe arrival buff from teleports, sucha silly thing in the first place. Should be disabled completely in pvp
it should only work once not multiple times

Theocles

Provider
it should only work once not multiple times
Yeah, that is true. Or maybe the bubble should work for mobs but not players, and if you shoot someone in a teleport it should drop them out of it, sadly that feature does not work to well. Also just going to restate that pyrite really should be removed from ashi, or make ashi lootable zone, which will never happen... But there needs to be something that is exclusive for pvp and some kind of incentive. As it stands there is really no point, nobody fights, why hunt muluk hir when rex drop spleen and outputs, with no risk to be looted, other than the one land grab that even gets contested anymore, there is never an opportunity to fight in pvp, nobody wants to burn limited equipment or spend the peds to fight if they do not gain anything from it. Was before my time when people would group and hunt players or mine in pvp4 together, and would actually have teams fighting out there, but that is the kind of thing that would be interesting, now its just if someone sees a green dot on radar, they drop some common dung and run away. Rather silly in my opinion, but then again its not like MA is actually going to read anything on the forums anyway.

Last edited:

lockside

Dominant
Society
Warriors On Arrival (WOA)
John Lockside Lock
Hey all, sorry I just saw this post.

I play EU since 2004, I saw many things changed on pvp.

I saw many times players wanted to improved the pvp experience with posts like that.

It's a great idea but MA don't want to change anything. That is because they are not player/gamer people but more likely financial people type (like Messi said on one of his post).
They think like others company types => a dev cost must generate money after realese. That must include the dev cost + the potential revenu on a determinate time.

For me, there is two big problems :

- PVP is a small community so not the priority for MA.
- EU pvp is and will be nerfed like all shoot game by people with cheating programs. It's sad, they ruined it but that will always happen. (for exemple, when MA remove the HP bar, a lot of players who said "No I don't cheat! I'm just a good PK" was no more good on PK xD, I don't give names but most of u know them ^^)

So, to have a chance to see MA work on pvp part of EU one day, for me, the ideas must be focused on :

- the dev cost can be easily absorbed by the new ideas.
- the ideas need to be WIN/WIN for us and MA.
- the ideas need to improved the pvp players community.

Some nice ideas was said :
- LG splitted on differents categories as mayhem.
- A fee at entrance was a good idea. That could create a pool who can be splited X% for MA and X% for players who loose LG. Winners win the lands. The loosers pool repartition could be based on kills made or cost spend.
- More exclusive ressources with MU on lootable pvp like old days.

Some new ideas :
- a special mining box can be only found on lootable pvp.
- restaure only on lootable pvp the old mining spacecraft system who existed before VU 9.
- on LG, a society can only win one or two lands. (people can't leave or join the society during time they had one).

Old things who need to be back :

- Vehicules not allowed on all rig pvp area
- Pyrite/blood moss back only on lootable pvp

Just my opinion and my 2 pecs for the moment :smoke:

Lockside.

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Agreed, that would be awesome to get people involved at a lower level.

Another possibility would be to implement "soft caps" as well as equipment caps though, to equalize the playing field while still allowing all players to compete.

VandalHand

Provider
Society
Taciturnity
Vandal VandalHand Hand
- EU pvp is and will be nerfed like all shoot game by people with cheating programs. It's sad, they ruined it but that will always happen. (for exemple, when MA remove the HP bar, a lot of players who said "No I don't cheat! I'm just a good PK" was no more good on PK xD, I don't give names but most of u know them ^^)
Yes, they give radar to all, since only a few knew how to enable it if it's scrambled, and take away HP bar.

I don't this this was a nerf and here's why:
They made it so much easier to TP chip onto someone, or away from them and abuse arrival protection.
They gave us crosshairs that change color when over a valid target in PvP - making cheating / trigger botting still viable... thus fixing no issues and making the game easier to abuse in the process.

Other than this, I agree with everything you said with your post. Thanks for the feedback, Lockside.

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
the Ministry
Maria Mesh
Destructible Walls, Items, etc. and a hell of a lot of bombs.

The Thing Oil Pvp zone was fun when it first started due to the randomness and ability to blow shit up, not just players and mobs. Expand that idea. Make it like a nuclear war zone that automatically will blow you up if you just stand in one place too long. Instead of just putting mobs in there make the entire environment destructible and complex like the mazes on Cyrene etc.

As for Cyrene, make those walls in the mazes there destructible too. Too many avatars there have figured out how to just hug the walls. Let us knock them damn walls down.

Also do a hell of a log more with grenades and rocket launchers than there is now, and add a whole line of them from starter to advanced levels. While at it do a whole line of tanks too with all levels of damage from starter to advanced, and allow them in certain pvp zones... allow any vehicle in certain zones... maybe make a special demolition derby type zone in some of the racetracks in game, where there's AI that actually races and does stuff... Every race track in game including the big one on FOMA just look so desolate and boring as it is now. Make it a pvp zone that is full of activity and AI that is actually doing stuff in fun ways that might be fun to watch or participate in.

In a lot of other games you have race tracks where players play against one another to beat one another to different way points that resets or allows winners with fastest daily speed to get some prize, etc. Make the ND racetrack do something like that perhaps... There's a few starter vehicle story lines in game, but not many, and definitely nothing advanced... fix that.

While at it do more with other story oriented stuff that isn't just pvp... Fight club is boring as hell now as it is... compets had the promise of something interesting at one point in time... expand that idea... lots have asked for pvp stuff like chess, checkers, and at one point we had a golf course in game that got demolished since then... hell at one point we had an entire capital city that had interesting buildings that probably could have been nice community centers for friendly pvp stuff like that, til that big crater came and took it away... all sorts of possibilities.

Last edited:

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
the Ministry
Maria Mesh
instances, etc.

Another wonnky idea - pvp instances. Maybe even do themed ones.... You already have Global instances for mayhem, etc. Simply allow global pvp instances... perhaps even do a variety of traditional old pvp themes for each mayhem in an instance or series of instances... make it global like the mayhem is so anyone on any planet can join.

A haunted house theme for Halloween... A North Pole inspired instance for Xmas... A Valentine's Day Massacre instance, Lots of ideas...

Make some of them use all your items in game... others be more like the hub stuff, but allow certain stuff like clothes to stay on. Stupid to have to unclothe to go in to hub... especially since clothing still decays.

VandalHand

Provider
Society
Taciturnity
Vandal VandalHand Hand
Hi All,

I wanted to thank everyone for the feedback given on this thread. I'll do some work and refine ideas and gather them to submit in a support case to MindArk.

If anyone has anything else to add, please post it here, or PM me here / in-game so I can include your ideas in the case.

I'll also include the link for this thread post.

Regards,
- VH

True Juan

Marauder
Society
Cz-Sk Crows
True TJ Juan
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/i_mindark

The warning you get after you leave pvp zone that you can be looted for x amount of time already exists. Simply extend it... If an avatar loots another avatar KEEP THAT WARNING ON FOREVER, everywhere in game, both in and out of PVP zones... do the crime, do the time. Essentially after you loot someone you stay lootable yourself until someone does kill or loots you.
This would be an interesting idea. Maybe would be great to have a list of Current Outlaws...

The Abomb

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
Discussion Thread

Hello All,

I am very passionate about PvP in general, as I am sure a lot of people are, or were at some point. Or, perhaps you want to PvP but feel it's a waste of your time and money.

Right now, I feel it is a waste to an extent, with there being no miners to hunt in planet PvP zones, and only 2 societies competing in Land Grabs.

So, here's some ideas I have for improving the PvP activity and culture within the Entropia Universe..

• 1 - Create a Codex rank for killing Players and implement a new skill(s) for killing players as rewards.
  • 2 - Nerf Medi Stims to diminish healing while you are moving to balance offensive play while undergoing heals.
  • 3 - Move Pyrite back to Lootable PvP ONLY and add new ores for high markup / demand within PvP.
  • 4 - Host Land Grabs on servers that are dedicated / not toasters or the equivalent of Raspberry Pi computing power.
  • 5 - More powerful guns for mid tier players to combat the huge HP given to god tier players. Perhaps higher level Gauss?
  • 6 - Make Adjusted, Improved, etc Divine Intervention chips, with Perfected being 100% chance to restore greater amounts of HP. This can be added to the existing Mission Galactica.

Topic 1 expanded:
The skills implemented within the Codex of player killing could effect the ability to hit avatars more (less dodges / jams). My other idea would be for an HP skill - but I think we already have enough HP skills we need to have balanced (see topic 2, 5).

Topic 3 expanded: The ores within PvP can have their own mining chain to also grant the new PvP / Pk skills, and can be used with crafting new armors for PvP, or guns such as have been suggested.

I think the rest of the topics are self explanatory. Please, I encourage all of you to assist me with supporting ideas you like, give new ideas, or perhaps critique some of mine.

Unless people who want PvP to survive stand up and say we want more for this aspect of the Entropia Universe, MindArk will never see the untapped potential, and it will remain a dying part of this game. I truly believe more people will begin PvP or participate with these changes, and thus grow the PvP community.

Respectfully,
- VH

I love PvP in games just not this one for many reasons it doesn't work so no reason to do it. Lootable is a terrible idea in an RCE. You lose money outside lootable why go in and lose more?

The mechanics are terrible and not interesting.

Guns should do less damage not more. All damage against players should be reduced, many games do this where PvE damage gets to high they reduce PvP damage by a %

Defensive skills should matter way more. The entire only being 20 hit lvls above the defensive lvl and always hits needs a rework. You should evade and dodge more.

The only interesting PvP environment I seen in this game is the Toulan nawa rig. That is what a PvP area should look and feel like. No radar, raining and dark. Also many areas to snipe and PvP around. Just an ominous feeling running up to the rig there. Having a great designed area would help. It would at least become fun and get people to spend if it is entertaining and requires tactical awareness.

Personally Id scrap the PvP system and build again from the ground up. I don't PvP much though but isn't that the problem? When I want to PvP I just play another game. I'm just here to skill for now.

Deemer

Old
  • 3 - Move Pyrite back to Lootable PvP ONLY and add new ores for high markup / demand within PvP.

For me this point says "lets take the miners profit", which is not part of PVP idea.

Overall, I agree that it is a waste of money here except for some times when you just want to punish someone.

17.0 Release Notes
*Creatures killed by automated turrets, drowned, or despawned by the system will return loot in the form of Shrapnel, when appropriate.

so.. it seems MA is in favor of returning about 70% with the new release. If this is implementing for PVP (whether it is a lootable or not... planet or space)

-if you are shooting at someone who does not want PVP. You can recover 70%. (i.e. what he do in PVP area)
-If there is a true match, 2 * 70% (140%) for the winner.
- missed shots to go where they go now.

VandalHand

Provider
Society
Taciturnity
Vandal VandalHand Hand
Forgot to follow up with the support case regarding this thread.

Thanks to all who contributed with suggestions.

- VH

Theocles

Provider
I like how MA comments to submit a support case about this stuff, I have put in over 20 tickets regarding pvp and bots and I get the same generic responses from MA, at this point I think they do not even read tickets, nor do I think they take seriously the issues in game, the forums, the lag, all of it. The only way I think we can open their eyes to anything is if people stop depositing. There is video proof of people using cheats, bots, even admitting to it, and nothing gets done. Would figure they would take pvp a bit more serious considering LG's are all profit when people spend there, its supposed to be a nice change of pace from mindless hunting and grinding, but instead it gets ruined by lag, exploits, medistims, cheats. MA needs to wake up