Info: Let's talk about "happy hour"

Unfortunately, it is having the opposite effect for me. I'm reconsidering my investment in the game and how much time/money I want to spend, given my reduced level of trust.
it was always known that loot can be manually adjusted from avatar to avatar, from creature to creature, why sudden loss of trust? because you weren't there ?

it was always known that loot can be manually adjusted from avatar to avatar, from creature to creature, why sudden loss of trust? because you weren't there ?
I'm sure there was a knob to change TT return %. Whether they should use it for events or short term gains for some avatars is the real question. Lots of ethical issues crop up when they do (appearance of bias, etc)...

I certainly wasn't aware of any special way for MA to change a specific individual's avatar's TT return % or return % for a specific mob. Please elaborate :). Give me definitive proof of this happening within the last 5 years and I will sell out immediately.

Sure, I would love to also have peds rain on me. But my time spent in the game is more valuable to me, and a few thousand extra ped doesn't matter to my tt return that much in the grand scheme of things (and to my life for that matter). But my trust in the system does, and it erodes more every time something like this happens.

I'm sure there was a knob to change TT return %. Whether they should use it for events or short term gains for some avatars is the real question. Lots of ethical issues crop up when they do (appearance of bias, etc)...

I certainly wasn't aware of any special way for MA to change a specific individual's avatar's TT return % or return % for a specific mob. Please elaborate :). Give me definitive proof of this happening within the last 5 years and I will sell out immediately.

Sure, I would love to also have peds rain on me. But my time spent in the game is more valuable to me, and a few thousand extra ped doesn't matter to my tt return that much in the grand scheme of things (and to my life for that matter). But my trust in the system does, and it erodes more every time something like this happens.
So what happened yesterday was not influenced by a person manually adjusting loot, it was just random thing that somehow happened?

So what happened yesterday was not influenced by a person manually adjusting loot, it was just random thing that somehow happened?

You mention previous cases where they adjusted TT% for specific avatars. I'm asking for proof. What happened yesterday does not appear to be a tt% adjustment for a specific avatar, but rather an time specific and maybe mob specific adjustment which benefited some players disproportionately but wasn't targeted to an avatar. So I'm asking about your original accusation that MA adjusts specific player's tt % return. Because that's a very serious accusation.

I can say only one thing....I wish I was there but yeah I had things to do in RL :banghead::tapfinger:drool:.Still seems like a very awsome hour and cheers to the ones that were there.A nice surprise from the robots.

Unfortunately, it is having the opposite effect for me. I'm reconsidering my investment in the game and how much time/money I want to spend, given my reduced level of trust.
why though? it doesnt reduce your returns or change the formula for "normal" periods of time outside happy hour, it can literally only "add" to your returns. why the reduced trust?

why though? it doesnt reduce your returns or change the formula for "normal" periods of time outside happy hour, it can literally only "add" to your returns. why the reduced trust?
1) Is there a logical reason for doing this 'happy hour'? No
2) Where does the ped come from? Player losses
3) Does it give the appearance of bias/favoritism to certain subsets of players? Yes
4) Could player payback be done in a fairer and more transparent way? Absolutely

Those are my reasons.

It was at the Archipelago not Atlas Haven ..

3) Does it give the appearance of bias/favoritism to certain subsets of players? Yes
4) Could player payback be done in a fairer and more transparent way? Absolutely

Those are my reasons.
fair enough!

There has been a lot of PED cycling and a lot of PED being spent on very specific mobs. Seems like those thresholds for big TT loots and TWEN/rare items are being met quickly and seem to have an uptick in such events. Allocation of items and TT loot in PE/EU have never been fair, its always about being in the right place at the right time. I know I want to loot great items and have a windfall loot from time to time but I can't play this game 24/7 so I just have to look at how I play the game and not make assumptions about things that are out of my control. I don't let FOMO ruin my day. Have I lost a fair amount recently? Oh yeah but knew I was chasing more risk for a greater reward that didn't pan out.

This string of loot instances happened, its in the past. All I can really do is use that to inform myself on how the play the game next time I sign on. I've found that in life dwelling on the past can breed depression and worrying about the future can lead to anxiety so its best to approach things by being present in the moment. I use my past mistakes to help guide me in the present with a loose framework of where I would like things to be in the future but have learned to ride the waves so to speak.

If I don't like the direction things are going with these events I've got a fleet of space ships in another game that I need to master and could earn a lot more money selling some paintings or NFTs.

You mention previous cases where they adjusted TT% for specific avatars. I'm asking for proof. What happened yesterday does not appear to be a tt% adjustment for a specific avatar, but rather an time specific and maybe mob specific adjustment which benefited some players disproportionately but wasn't targeted to an avatar. So I'm asking about your original accusation that MA adjusts specific player's tt % return. Because that's a very serious accusation.
Right after complaining & getting response from support about massive loss of peds, this happens:

8 795 PEDProteron02/21/2021
2 446 PEDProteron02/21/2021

This is not specific to single person, it happens all the time.

fyi - I can lose large amounts peds, without ever coming back to what it should, in this specific case i complained, I am pretty convinced someone tampered with my loot manually.

I normally enjoy stable 86% returns long term with level 70 looter, and 60-88% eff, which is normal for my avatar.

Could it be coincidence? Yes. Could it be coincidence even exact same thing happened to multiple people? Probably not, you are expert on statistics, you could look into that i guess.

Those are my reasons.

1) Yes it does, it's nice event for whoever found themselves there
2) You didn't pay anything, as you claim you have stable whatever % you claim to have, so it's not coming out of your pocket or making any influence to it
3) There were not only 2 people who enjoyed boosted returns, from what i hear 50+ people enjoyed boosted returns
4) Maybe reward afk hunters? Give boosted loot randomly to everyone right? Even those bots with 3-4 avatars. Or make auction orders for items where bots can farm 24/7 and just sell to orders ? This was the only way to reward those who sit and play at their pc.

I normally enjoy stable 86% returns long term with level 70 looter, and 60-88% eff, which is normal for my avatar.
You shoot with a fucking asg-2 Swine? Or do you shoot mobs WAAAAYYY higher than what you should?

You shoot with a fucking asg-2 Swine? Or do you shoot mobs WAAAAYYY higher than what you should?
neither of those, it's just avatar that's on some shit list most likely, or extremely unlucky

officially - there is no personal loot pool, what you lost you lost, what you gained you gained. By that logic shrapnel crafters who can lose 200k+ peds within 48 hours should get all time highs all the time.

Right after complaining & getting response from support about massive loss of peds, this happens:

8 795 PEDProteron02/21/2021
2 446 PEDProteron02/21/2021

This is not specific to single person, it happens all the time.

fyi - I can lose large amounts peds, without ever coming back to what it should, in this specific case i complained, I am pretty convinced someone tampered with my loot manually.

Could it be coincidence? Yes. Could it be coincidence even exact same thing happened to multiple people? Probably not, you are expert on statistics, you could look into that i guess.

1) Yes it does, it's nice event for whoever found themselves there
2) You didn't pay anything, as you claim you have stable whatever % you claim to have, so it's not coming out of your pocket or making any influence to it
3) There were not only 2 people who enjoyed boosted returns, from what i hear 50+ people enjoyed boosted returns
4) Maybe reward afk hunters? Give boosted loot randomly to everyone right? Even those bots with 3-4 avatars. Or make auction orders for items where bots can farm 24/7 and just sell to orders ? This was the only way to reward those who sit and play at their pc.
I made the joke that if MA accidentally gave out PEDs to everyone, they could easily take it back too. Seems you agree now that MA can adjust returns for players if they wanted? ;)

I made the joke that if MA accidentally gave out PEDs to everyone, they could easily take it back too. Seems you agree now that MA can adjust returns for players if they wanted? ;)
give me the source code and i will tell you what is possible and what not, until then everything is guessing and theories.

This thread sums up why the game doesn´t grow.

Most people will not be willing to invest large sums of money into something that can have the rules changed in the blink of an eye.

There are way to many cases of coincidences of people complaining and getting "adjusted loot", there is this specific case of "modified loot", there are the irrational workings of caps in mining (igni??)... Its just to much stuff that does not add up for an investor looking to play a fair RCE modeled game.

Thats why I beat the deadhorse of EPs and a set core rule to the system. Without a set of rules that not even developers can change without acceptance of the players game will forever be stagnated with the initial investors that won´t let their investment fall...

More on topic. The "happy hour" itself would not be that much of a big deal if there was that core set of rules AND they announced a bit more clearly. Those who were there just play more and cycle more.... They always win!! And we know how all games that end up with same winner end dont we?

Those are my reasons.

Evey said:

If you feel like you're missing out on stuff often, then you're not very competitive .

:ROFLMAO:

This was a really nice mini event! At first seemed like a bug but seeing same happened in TEN and on other occasions, it's pretty clear.

This TWEN event seems a lot like you have to find the nice stuff yourself instead of receiving WP for everything and that's really great, it's the essence of the game it's a game of opportunities and people should not expect a notification on their phones in such a competitive game based on RCE.

If you feel like you're missing out on stuff often, then you're not very competitive and it's on you, don't blame others for not sending you a personal invite
It really begs the question though, if MA are willing to flip a switch to give out thousands of dollars to a select few players then imagine the things they could've been doing instead for TWEN to help new players feel included in the anniversary event.

I don't really care about missing out on this stuff because I choose to miss out on it in favor or other goals, but giving a sense of inclusion in this event for the average player would go a really long way.

It really begs the question though, if MA are willing to flip a switch to give out thousands of dollars to a select few players then imagine the things they could've been doing instead for TWEN to help new players feel included in the anniversary event.

I don't really care about missing out on this stuff because I choose to miss out on it in favor or other goals, but giving a sense of inclusion in this event for the average player would go a really long way.
There are always way to improve and do better events, no doubt. On that we can all agree. It was laggy as hell there last night but I could see people of levels, including pixie. That is why it was done on a starting area and not where my society was, in PVP at Sakura.

There were like 7 pages of "select players" that were curious enough to ask around or to search for wps and stuff and be part of it. It wasn't massive profits (except for the very first few) but it was fun to be part of it.

This type of event teaches the younger generations if you will, to pay attention and not just netflix, chill and spam F. I was on another planet when announcement was made but I always have this thing a dear friend of mine, liana, taught me when I was just lvl 20smth, when MA makes an event, you go and shoot, because there are the best opportunities.

but I always have this thing a dear friend of mine, liana, taught me when I was just lvl 20smth, when MA makes an event, you go and shoot, because there are the best opportunities.
will try and remember that

Sounds fun, looking forward to more opportuniies like that. Possibly in solo hunting. ;)

It was at the Archipelago not Atlas Haven ..

– Is it true Rabinovich won a million at the lottery?
– Not Rabinovich but Weissmann, not a million but five grand, not lottery but poker, and not won but lost, but otherwise it's all true!

This was a really nice mini event! At first seemed like a bug but seeing same happened in TEN and on other occasions, it's pretty clear.

This TWEN event seems a lot like you have to find the nice stuff yourself instead of receiving WP for everything and that's really great, it's the essence of the game it's a game of opportunities and people should not expect a notification on their phones in such a competitive game based on RCE.

If you feel like you're missing out on stuff often, then you're not very competitive and it's on you, don't blame others for not sending you a personal invite
Everyone who made money there got a notification in their phones from friends to log in and go there. Wth you on about it’s so hypocritical, or am I missing the irony?

Things to avoid to be sure to not end up on the bad list:

- Do not, ever, withdraw more than you deposit. People will tell you this does not matter, but unless you are already approved, this will completely lock you out.
- Be sure to never speak badly about MA, or Entropia, or any of the players on the approved list.
- Maintain the illusion that there is no approved list. The less you talk about it the better.
- If someone whines about loot, try to shift focus away from the loot issue and instead focus it on the player being to poor to play. This is regardless of payroll, oprior wealth. if someone cycles 1 million ped on a payroll and complains, they are to poor. always.
- While no guarantee, you must have at least a looter lvl of 100, a dpp of 4 minimum, and 90% eff. If you do not meet these requirements you are subject to pure luck only, as well as see the prior point, you're to poor.

Edit: Special treatment given to certain players does not necessarily mean i'm saying they are given the best loot. But if joe bob who started playing 2 days ago asked a planet partner, or MA for some fun adhoc event. It would not happen in a blue moon year or when pigs flew.

But we all know that certain, normal players, have contacts they ask, and oh hey suddenly we get some adhoc fun events here and there where Actuall MA employees, will spawn fat mobs with insane potential results (keyword here remains potential.) To me a game that has a real cash economy, while all fun and yay. These types of thins should be massivly, absolutely no go never happen, regardless of who asks if "hey why dont we have a fun little X community event spawn thing/adhoc thing. It should with real money be involved, always be without expcetion, advertised in well time advance to let players congregate if they want to join, and should never be a result of a normal player asking about getting it.
This is not wrong... There's definitely more going on than complete randomness. And I believe while there is no personal "loot pool" there is personal result adjustments made by MA to avatars (poster childs get bonuses and whipping boys get extra losses for bad behavior).

Beyond that, a lot of sour grapes in this thread from people that weren't part of the nice payday. But that's pretty much always the case people losing tons see someone hit something big and the immediate emotional response is a negative one "why does that MF get a HoF like that while I get nothing?".

This is one of the inherit flaws of a 100% RCE - there is simply NOT enough to go around especially with MA needing a cut to fund the business. No new wealth is created here, it's just moved around between players with MA taking a piece of every transfer till it's all theirs. Full stop. The only way they can even do a boosted payout event like this is that it's kept in the few. 1000 people lose hard so that 20 can win big. This is how the game has worked since day 1. NOTHING COMES OUT OF MA'S POCKET - EVER!

In any case, so what if some people made a few K profit on this... I can guarantee you that less than 1% of those people will ever see that money in their bank account. System is probably already in "claw back mode" and all those "profits" will be back in MA's hands a week from now. MA know this and that's why they did this in the first place.

The real positive from this is a peak behind the curtain that it's provided. We now know for a fact that MA can control returns for a specific region/mob. A very sobering reality that everything is not just random and at the end of the day MA are God in Entropia - they are the ones with all the power and control. You're just along for the ride so you either enjoy while you keep shelling out money for them to disperse how they feel or you walk away.

Last edited:
Back