Info: Let's talk about "happy hour"

In germany we say : das is fürn arsch ihr spassties 🤣

Happy hour = golden shower, just different meaning, what kind of gold people get shot to their faces. Depending if one were there or not.

I want to chime in for a second to say that Jhereg summed up a few of the reasons that I believe this is a problem. I also want to add though that another big problem is that many of those participating in the event, including those who were specifically targeting the new robot waves or other robot spawns were excluded from this "mini event." There was no reason to believe that one spawn in particular that added another instance of the I3-TF robots was specifically going to be targeted for this boost over any of the other spawns. For many who saw the global ticker, it is capped during much of the day rolling globals at maximum speed, they most likely saw globals at the normal rate skewed a lot toward I3-TF (which could just be assumed as normal and a lot of people are killing them at the time). This obscured that these boosted enemies were going on to those paying attention. For those who did realize that something was off about the amount of globals that were specificially I3-TF, they would have good reason to believe that if one event spawn got boosted, then their spawn may be boosted as well or could be the next in line. Finally, many experienced players see a lot of hits in a row and assume it's just a nice loot wave that happened. Not that something out of the ordinary is happening and that they should go chasing it.
1) Is there a logical reason for doing this 'happy hour'? No
2) Where does the ped come from? Player losses
3) Does it give the appearance of bias/favoritism to certain subsets of players? Yes
4) Could player payback be done in a fairer and more transparent way? Absolutely

Those are my reasons.

neither of those, it's just avatar that's on some shit list most likely, or extremely unlucky
i lived this on my own skin, some avatars are not meant to be lucky

Evey said:
but I always have this thing a dear friend of mine, liana, taught me when I was just lvl 20smth, when MA makes an event, you go and shoot, because there are the best opportunities.

tell that to people shooting mulmun raiders elite :)

I just want to reserve this just in case anyone thinks next "happy hour" will ever happen

There is a shit List

But when you ask mindak they will tell you "there is no shit list" and everything is " fine " while you log out with 85% return only to log in the next day to find out that you will log out with 85 % again :D

By the way that might got nothing to do @ all but i was allways Wondering about one Statement about the return rate : Accounts created pre #2017# or pre 2.0 (cant remember) had 9x.xx% return. While Accounts after this date got 9x.xx%

Does this mean that there is a diference between new and old Accounts in base return ?

You mention previous cases where they adjusted TT% for specific avatars. I'm asking for proof. What happened yesterday does not appear to be a tt% adjustment for a specific avatar, but rather an time specific and maybe mob specific adjustment which benefited some players disproportionately but wasn't targeted to an avatar. So I'm asking about your original accusation that MA adjusts specific player's tt % return. Because that's a very serious accusation.
This is not the first time Mindark have put out loot pinjatas in the game. This discussion have been up before.... Motherships controlled by calypso developers who was loot pinjatas... and some devs whispered to certain avatars where to go and kill and loot so the developers could quit their job that day... WOOOPS!!!! :D

For everyone saying they will not log because of this that's why you will never be #1

If you want a chance here or in life you need to

Keep on truckin'

For everyone saying they will not log because of this that's why you will never be #1

If you want a chance here or in life you need to

Keep on truckin'
I've only seen Jhereg say that, and if you are referring to him, then you need to get a clue what you're talking about. They have grinded their way to the top and "kept on truckin" to the point they have had the best gear and uber skills. Take a second to think about the context here of someone who has done more research than almost all players and has grinded to the top 1%, then their hard work means nothing in this specific instance as their is no way to know that one specific spawn will be favored and boosted at this time while all other spawns are left out. The distribution if anything favors those who have done nothing as anyone who got a PM or noticed something off about the global ticker could go and collect even if they haven't shot since the event started. (Sorry to speak for you Jhereg, but this comment seemed ignorant to me.)

If TT loot can be boosted, then other things, such as item drops, can be boosted too... and suppressed.. for any reason by any number of parameters up-to including the meme of geolocation -- and from there, you have a breakdown of trust and belief structures in the RCE.

A solid RCE demands consistency and inflexibility of rules.

If TT loot can be boosted, then other things, such as item drops, can be boosted too... and suppressed.. for any reason by any number of parameters up-to including the meme of geolocation -- and from there, you have a breakdown of trust and belief structures in the RCE.

A solid RCE demands consistency and inflexibility of rules.
Hence why I'm having a really hard time thinking MA did this on purpose. They have absolutely nothing to benefit from this "happy hour" by giving away thousands of dollars to a select few lucky players while simultaneously destroying the integrity of their so called loot 2.0 system.

I'm erring on the side of this was somehow a blunder by MA hence why they're silent about it and why Ludvig can't comment, or that this was just a freak occurrence.

sic semper erat, et sic semper erit​

Hence why I'm having a really hard time thinking MA did this on purpose. They have absolutely nothing to benefit from this "happy hour" by giving away thousands of dollars to a select few lucky players while simultaneously destroying the integrity of their so called loot 2.0 system.

I'm erring on the side of this was somehow a blunder by MA hence why they're silent about it and why Ludvig can't comment, or that this was just a freak occurrence.
Sadly u will grow to lern how abysmal customer service is in this game....

only time... ONLY TIME they are quick to asnwer is when depo limit needs to be increased....

Something similarly happening during TEN and them joyfully stating: "Finally, as some of you may have noticed, MindArk has already started celebrating by juicing up the loots, globals and HoFs! No one can be sure when this insanity will end so be sure to grab your share of these ‘Modified Loots’!"
(https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2013/01/30/Entropia-Turns-TEN.xml)

I would say this kinda speaks for this being on purpose, I'm afraid.

Something similarly happening during TEN and them joyfully stating: "Finally, as some of you may have noticed, MindArk has already started celebrating by juicing up the loots, globals and HoFs! No one can be sure when this insanity will end so be sure to grab your share of these ‘Modified Loots’!"
(https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2013/01/30/Entropia-Turns-TEN.xml)

I would say this kinda speaks for this being on purpose, I'm afraid.
Yes i remember that, it was the moment when they capped all the multipliers on hunting, no more 10k drones or argos etc. Without even tell us nothing.

The difference was that it happened on ALL Calypso and not only on a particularly spawn.

Riding a bike is gambling but playing entropia it's not, of course not!!! If you guys think this game is going to make into Epic shop with this kind of behavior you must be delusional.

Yes i remember that, it was the moment when they capped all the multipliers on hunting, no more 10k drones or argos etc. Without even tell us nothing.

The difference was that it happened on ALL Calypso and not only on a particularly spawn.

Riding a bike is gambling but playing entropia it's not, of course not!!! If you guys think this game is going to make into Epic shop with this kind of behavior you must be delusional.
There are fundamental issues since it couldn't make it into steam either. (See: Monria)

Not to mention I get to hunt when I get off of work. Can't do that when MA plans this bullshit on the workweek in Americas. Give everyone a chance that can actually play on weekends? That is what screams favoritism to me. Not everyone can play entropia for a living. Would be impossible for me to make a living from Entropia in Alaska and feed my family.

There are fundamental issues since it couldn't make it into steam either. (See: Monria)
It got passed for steam green light program but yea steam needs a 30% cut and there’s no way to handle that with this game appropriately

Sulje

Usually when someone cry so much on forums, they get reward to shut the fk up, so i am expecting big hof for the loud ones or twen item.

Saying this just so if it happens, please include me as well, I will be nice if i loot something rare i promise.

ps. give me the reward fast, as i am running low on peds :D

PreyNaika

ok... i tell you whats visible

mindark is able to track every individuals return in % <- there is a screenshot of a wellknown avatar whos named like a wellknown football star

there are mechanics "skills" like looterskill that directly impacts your return
and there is something called efficiency that also directly impacts your return
those are values, and values can be changed
by 1 system (mindark)
by 2 hacks (player)

i am 200% shure mindark is able to set avatars return rate higher or lower
i am 300% shure that items can get "buggy" last seen on the redux that got fixed few weeks ago
i am 400% shure there are players in touch with mindark

i simply dont care anymore

PreyNaika

There is a shit List

But when you ask mindak they will tell you "there is no shit list" and everything is " fine " while you log out with 85% return only to log in the next day to find out that you will log out with 85 % again :D

By the way that might got nothing to do @ all but i was allways Wondering about one Statement about the return rate : Accounts created pre #2017# or pre 2.0 (cant remember) had 9x.xx% return. While Accounts after this date got 9x.xx%

Does this mean that there is a diference between new and old Accounts in base return ?

sus :D
TWEN Protector of the Empire Shin Guards (F)Isa Naika PreyThu, 09 Mar 2023 21:03:30

sus :D
TWEN Protector of the Empire Shin Guards (F)Isa Naika PreyThu, 09 Mar 2023 21:03:30

sussy-baka.gif

Come on folks, why so sad?
Just depo more and keep filling up that lootpool so MA can fuck it over again. (y)
Maybe, just maybe next time you will be the lucky one on the receiving end.

Just know that MA doens't care since it's not their money but yours that they pissed away.
So don't expect a reaction from them in this case.

This does not count
I did not complain and the Part is F while my Avatar is M

Deep in mindarks hq they know i love em❤ otherwise i wuld have not invest crazy amounts of money in to theyr awesome product

Jokes by side
In the end they deliver what we as community ask them for

And they dont force us to depo money
There are a lot of people who never depoed and play on top Positions

There are other games out there A++ games that rly force you to put money
Like for example a wellknown mobile/PC game where you slay deamons all day long

In the end entropia is the game we love and thats why we runn emotional on good and Bad Things

If you ask me ( and i Played on top positions in many wellknown games )
Entropia is the biges challange, allways was and allways will be . Its a lot more then just "pay to win" you rly need to think about Things.

Bugs hapen
And i can tell you that mindark does theyr job very Well. And we need to be patient , fixing Things is not easy. 20 years we still here
-------
I am shure great Times will come

We will enjoy cheaper prices
Better avarge loot
Rar loots
A New engine ( unreal is the best engine to work on)
The Player base will rise

Why Atlas Haven only? I don't get it...

For a Real Cash ECONOMY game this is not good at all. Sounds like someone playing with us players. Meanwhile can't hit a 10k ped on craft even after loss 40k... WTF is going on?

It's an open world. If one profession is not good for a period. Do something else. - You have to search for fortune or keep working hard. It's all about what you want to spend or lose. I think it's great that such intense things happen. Out of order type of thing. Because that means that at some point everyone can get anything.

I am not a crafter and never have been. I had a bad time hunting and mining.Then I hit a 21k in crafting.

I ran out of peds, so they can only reward me upon login now i guess,but I am open to suggestions 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I logged in and: Emir Sulje Suljetovic has found a rare item (TWEN Protector of the Empire Gloves (M)) with a value of 13 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame!

MindArk is best, thank you for this good event which I am not complaining about :)

I logged in and: Emir Sulje Suljetovic has found a rare item (TWEN Protector of the Empire Gloves (M)) with a value of 13 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame!

MindArk is best, thank you for this good event which I am not complaining about :)

I complained about unfairness too, where is my loot :(

Back