Letter from the CEO

A bunch of forum goers yelling at each other and trying to attack/discredit each other for random stuff has absolutely nothing to do with this thread? Yeah, if these kinds of posts showed up in an Ask Me Anything session they would be removed there as well for being pointless, embarrassing, and off-topic just the same.

whatever. i'd prefer it moderated by mindark themselves, sorry.
(like ingame, own website or own discord. no facebook, no reddit. maybe telegram?)

pretty decent description anyways: bunch of forum goers yelling at each other (...saying nothing) :D

So much deleted posts?
Are PCF servers suddenly relocated from Sweden or NL (idk where that server is but im pretty sure not in North Korea)???
I did read those posts while mods was sleeping....a bit out of topic,yes probably, insulting? Those deleted posts are insulting me more then text what was there insulted persons at whom it was aimed.
I would never moderate PCF since it is toxic place and can affect your mental health(harsh job to be short), but dear Mods u overacted here.
Back on topic :)
Dear CEO,your letter was a bit dull but still entertaining,u should work on your style if u are into comedian career, not all people get that hidden humor at first read, but I recognized your huge potential from first letter.
Please keep them coming.
Always your big fan.
Crig.

So much deleted posts?
Are PCF servers suddenly relocated from Sweden or NL (idk where that server is but im pretty sure not in North Korea)???

If you read them you know it was childish, off topic trash that we're really all better off without.

I'd still like to link this on-topic thread about falling through floors. No need to try and re-type that story over here. I've struggled with it on Arkadia for a long time, but apparently this is in fact a platform wide issue.

Not everybody is here for the same aspects of this game. All of us responded to something that was offered, came here to check it out, and decided to stay. It's not important whether or not my problem is the same as your problem. What's important is that over a relatively short period of time, everyone who has "bought in" to this game either emotionally or financially feels that their problems are being ignored.

It can go for a long time, there's a lot of people. But you can really only maintain revenue on customer turnover for so long. Especially when that turnover is driven largely on hard feelings and burnt bridges.

This is me and MA, for over 5 years now:

I know most of you feel it, too. Will it ever be time?

Just thought I'd give this a bump to get it back on topic.

Come on MA, when's the date for this AMA event? :confused:

Yep, there's no way I'm letting this go....... :cool:

No. Loot is not better. Loot is fairer, but much less interesting. Balance at the cost of fun is a prescription to kill a game.

The new events are more an annoyance than an addition to the game.

Focus on providing entertainment. A game is a form of entertainment. When it stops being fun, it dies. The existing systems are abundantly adequate if used with this goal in mind. The only tuning they need are for stability (currently awful) and to repair such elementary errors as getting stuck in surfaces.

omg... already page 10, so fast :rolleyes:

come on..., you guys should save it for the AMA session.
you are going scare him away...

would make the most sense to have the ama in a dedicated public channel #ama or something

if it was a planet specific ama then could hold it in a city on public chat

Noob

I realized the incredible potential of Entropia Universe immediately upon creating my avatar and logging in for the first time.

great the ceo is a noob

just give us our promissed 95 % return range

or put the system back to pre cryengine with all the bugs and no loots it was still better than the 2.0 shit we got now

To be honest, I'm not sure why there needs to be a specific time slot for AMA. A moderated forum thread would do it - where people could ask questions, those questions would be screened by the moderators, then the CEO can respond within a reasonable period.

This way the workload of dealing with the questions of the community would be spread out, the CEO would be under less 'on the spot' pressure and everyone would have a reasonable chance of being heard.

Just my 2 cents. :)

And after 3 months, the CEO did not return to talk with the community, or am I wrong? :scratch2:

Oh I see..... posted since September.
I thought he just posted recently.

nice

i enjoy how much the new ceo did to improove the game

Come on Mr CEO - at least put a date in the diary..... :confused:

I would really truly appreciate a Entropia Roadmap for 2019, that is followed. :)

The CEO is just a puppet... its Tim who runs the place

Bump to ask...

Has it been almost 1 year since the last time the CEO posted anything?
I will reserve my feedback until I hear some answers.

*edit* Upon quick review he posted something in the Buzz in 2018-12-11

He is just busy!

Road Map = Vague wishlist of what the team would like to accomplish in the following year.
Like all wishlists it is subject to change for the following and doubtless many other reasons

1. Problems arise in existing code (what in EU surely not !!) and fix takes priority over new coding (especially when costing MA ped)
2. The idea is unable to translate into code without causing major issues with existing spaghetti code
3. A better idea comes along from Team or from Players that then takes priority :eureka:
4. They run out of time
5. Team members go to other employments and are replaced, new members have new ideas, or take time to get up to speed with existing code and ideas
6. They run out of coffee/beer/snacks and panic ensues, hours are lost until calm is restored. :eyecrazy:

Why don't they answer here regularly ? Time
If they spend time here away from their day jobs, then we would likely complain that our support cases took longer, the launch of the new Thingummybubber was delayed. So do we want them here spending hours reading, considering a sound corporate response and replying, or do we want them working to make this game as good as they are able ?

The Question and Answer session they did earlier in the year was great and should maybe be repeated at regular intervals (6 months maybe) so we can feel involved / wanted / listened to. But more than that would I suspect do as much harm as good :twocents:

Reactions: jak
Why don't they answer here regularly ? Time
If they spend time here away from their day jobs, then we would likely complain that our support cases took longer, the launch of the new Thingummybubber was delayed. So do we want them here spending hours reading, considering a sound corporate response and replying, or do we want them working to make this game as good as they are able ?

The Question and Answer session they did earlier in the year was great and should maybe be repeated at regular intervals (6 months maybe) so we can feel involved / wanted / listened to. But more than that would I suspect do as much harm as good :twocents:

I hear ya and agree, however the CEO wrote saying he would communicate often/more often and I knew that would never happen. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that it didn't pan out. They have or we have a community manager, and IMO that always was super underwhelming. I don't know what their job day is like, but I know mine is pretty busy, yet somehow I manage to check EL and this forum daily and read a few posts. A once a month statement or check in I don't is much to ask, but we are 15 years in this game, I'm not sure why they would start doing that out of no where.

Have you met your objectives you set yourself in 2018 Henrik?

Kind Regards,
MegaVolt
KLF, BLT, NSFW, SSDD, IDC :xmas:

Have you met your objectives you set yourself in 2018 Henrik?

Kind Regards,
MegaVolt
KLF, BLT, NSFW, SSDD, IDC :xmas:

They really got sidetracked with a bunch of stuff... The new camera system has come to pass, but honestly, it doesn't seem to have changed my gameplay all that much; all that hype, for what :whiner:

They gave us RDI Secret lab and Robot Incursions in space which was really awesome.

They redesigned the UIs but then didn't release them.

They changed the way that Mayhems hand out the prize (Rare tokens) and that was appreciated.

They announced UE5 and that was that...

Back