Achievement: Level 100 without chipping

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery

When I was a new player, following various skill and loot nerfs, some people said that it was no longer possible for new players to get to level 100 without major depositing and lots of chipping.

They were wrong. It can be done. I’m by no means the first to do it and I won’t be the last. If you commit to it and work hard at it, you may be able to do it too. Just keep on shooting.

Does this make me uber? No, not at all. My current capabilities are much less than some of you may imagine. I have a long way to go and much more to do, but I’ve reached an important milestone along the way.

My BLP Pistoleer is somewhere around 99.1 at the moment so I’m still not quite maxed on the old school guns. It’ll take me a few more weeks to get there. My Sniper is a long way behind at 83 so there’s a lot of work to be done there too.

Still I’m very pleased to have finally reached my first Level 100, a target I’ve had for a long time.

Good luck out there.

gratz impressive!

That is a hell of an achievement.

Huge Gratz Oleg :yay:

That is awesome, huge Grats! Love seeing the old school Maddox being used as well.

I am curious if you used attachments or not. I am guessing by the gap in sniper, the answer is No?

Regardless, awesome!

GG :) grats m8.....

Sweet Oleg! First time you can organize the EUWBC as lvl100 ava! ;p

Gratz Oleg, nice work!

Well at least something good came out of that hunt. :laugh: :bs:

You must have done a lot of both sniping and pistoleering (lol?) to hit 100 in your (Dmg) prof first.

Gratz, at least you have a good choice of oldschool pistols to use without penalty now. That is a good milestone.

Awesome achievement! Huge gratz! :beerchug:

Huge gratz m8!

Just out of curiousity what would you say you have cycled daily/weekly/monthly/yearly on avg to reach that?

Congratz Oleg!!!! Keep up the hard work brotha!!!

Thanks guys :)

I am curious if you used attachments or not. I am guessing by the gap in sniper, the answer is No?

I assume you're talking about scopes and sights here. I only use a cheap scope (Headshot 1) on my long-range gun, just for zooming purposes. And I use amps of course.

You must have done a lot of both sniping and pistoleering (lol?) to hit 100 in your (Dmg) prof first.

Not really, my Rifle is about 7k something iirc, compared to 12k+ in Handgun, which as you know is a huge difference in skill volume. I think hitting Damage first is quite normal, because it goes much faster after unlocking Kill Strike. When I unlocked KS my Hit was about 6 levels higher than Damage.

Just out of curiousity what would you say you have cycled daily/weekly/monthly/yearly on avg to reach that?

I couldn't give you an overall amount, it varies a lot. When I'm at my most active I usually do around 3k daily. Very rarely less than 1k per day even at my least active. 8 years total in game but I didn't achieve much in the first 2 years, got much more serious after that.

Gratz, at least you have a good choice of oldschool pistols to use without penalty now. That is a good milestone.

Was there ever a good choice in that department? But I'd love to have Maddox IV maxed.

Was there ever a good choice in that department? But I'd love to have Maddox IV maxed.

Well a lot of very cheap options like Maddox, FreanD, EWE-EP xx, Gravis ...

Maxed these are definitly viable options if you do not need exceptional dps, especially when comparing the price of similiar SIB.

Awesome achievement, gratz

Awesome achievement Oleg! :bowdown:

Gratz! :yay:

Not really, my Rifle is about 7k something iirc, compared to 12k+ in Handgun, which as you know is a huge difference in skill volume. I think hitting Damage first is quite normal, because it goes much faster after unlocking Kill Strike. When I unlocked KS my Hit was about 6 levels higher than Damage.

Yeah that's a huge volume. :eyecrazy: It's interesting. I already have Hit at about 5 levels above Damage and I unlocked Coolness and i think Combat Sense with Pistoleer before switching completely to Sniper and haven't yet unlocked Commando. On the other hand, KS does contribute more to Damage than Commando to Hit so i guess its plausible the interval could swing the other way long after KS. For the short term it will only increase with Commando.

Gratz, very nice achievement :cheer:

Yeah that's a huge volume. :eyecrazy: It's interesting. I already have Hit at about 5 levels above Damage and I unlocked Coolness and i think Combat Sense with Pistoleer before switching completely to Sniper and haven't yet unlocked Commando. On the other hand, KS does contribute more to Damage than Commando to Hit so i guess its plausible the interval could swing the other way long after KS. For the short term it will only increase with Commando.

Commando doesn't actually contribute much to the professions so it didn't (as far as I can remember) make much difference to the gap. The main benefit of Commando is HP of course.

Huge grats! im hoping to get there one day aswell!

Good work and Welcome to lvl 100.:)

Gratz on getting to level 100! However I agree with the others that there aren't really good ul non-sib blp pistols you can use now. Well, at least you'll get the most out of your Maddox IV now! :yay:

Big gratz Oleg!

Although you show it's possible, it's hard to believe that I'll get there in less than next 5 years ;)

Gratz on getting to level 100! However I agree with the others that there aren't really good ul non-sib blp pistols you can use now. Well, at least you'll get the most out of your Maddox IV now! :yay:

I wouldn't mind Herman XP-1 Scanthi Edition ;)

100 without chipping, very very impressive!!!

:bowdown:

nice achievement :yay: gratz!!! :woot: :eyecrazy:

Huge gz mate :D I remember asking you what level you were a year or 2 ago (maybe?) and you were 95-96 :D Lots of skilling done since then i see

I remember asking you what level you were a year or 2 ago (maybe?) and you were 95-96

The irony... so it took 2 years to close that 5% gap, and probably 1 year before that to reach 90%.

So yes, if a player did not started in 200x (note the early two thousands), got the early gear and skilling scheme , IT IS impossible to reach high levels without insane amounts of money.

Nevertheless an achievement of course, which due to personal reasons I grudgingly acknowledge, big congrats!

Does this make me uber? No, not at all.

It does make you uber. Period. Hitting level 100 in any profession should be celebrated as the gateway to uberness.

Chin up, kiddo, you earned it.

Back