Help: Level 2 amps, should I craft them myself, or buy them from other crafters?

Sutko

Mature
Sule Sutko KS
Question is simple, what would be better for my pocket in the long run, should I get lvl 2 light (or regular) amp bp, qr100, and craft those myself, with the assumption that I'll reach around 90% return in the long run, or should I continue to buy those from crafters in direct trade on avrg 102-103%?

The thing is, I am using alot of lvl 2 amps, in direct trade they are usualy 102-103%, but often people give them for tt price.

I am mostly miner, and I am using items with lower markup (probes, amps), and get product with 15-20% higher markup, and don't understand how someone can use materials, basic sheet metal (130%), belkar (115%), and in the end get product which he sells me at 103%, or even tt price. :scratch2:
Ok there is residue, but it still don't cover markup on belkar and basic sheet metal.

I was already asking some poeple in game, and some of them say that in the long rung, it would be better to craft those myself that I'll save some money, other say that it's better to buy amps, and don't take a risk, they say that crafters are actually gamblers, and if they miss globals and hof's on those, they lose alot. :wise:

How much is metal residue to buy?

If more than your paying for amp MU then buy amps for 103%. My opinion of course :silly2:

Buy them as cheap as you can get them. Leave the crafting for the lvl2 amp gambler

A large portion of amps material are probes which are TT, which significantly reduces the overall cost of MU to craft amps. However thats all i know. ;-)

I think your better off buying at 103% - long turn returns on crafting have been stated at 90-95%.. even on the high end.. if your buying for 103% your saving yourself 2% over the long run.

As far as why people sell for 103% when using much higher mu mats to craft the amps. As someone already said, they are either skilling attachments and selling you the low tt ones they make on quanity.. or hunting for a hof and selling you the full tt ones they made while crafting on condition.

There is a small chance you could make a small profit crafting the amps yourself.. but i think your best bet would be to keep buying at the % your able to get at now.

Gl in your travels,

SpikE

I think you should buy them, you can get them for 101% if not at TT price from some crafters.

No need to risk losing your own money in them.

Although if you have enough money, you might as well craft them for a chance to hof :D

That, and they will do 5k clicks on them at a time to try to get L click BP's that sell for 400k%

Buy lvl 2 amps, much cheaper than to try craft em yourself. As you are using lvl2 amps , i take it you dont want to lose 500peds with one small crafting run. Just send few PM´s to lvl 2 gambler crafters, they often sell for tt price or 101%.

I am sure when u browse entropia life crafting section u can find at least 10 Heavy Gamblers. They propbabbly TT most of that and even if sell they sell only full TT on auction for 102% or so.

Was doing that myself and as long buyer could pick amp's from me asap i had no problem seling to him rather than TT it.

Gamble when you can afford it.... Dont gamble when u cant. Simple realy.
Crafting 2's is gambling... U can profit, break even or lose long term or short term...

Thank you everyone for your time and answers.

I got lvl 2 light amp bp, with qr 51, and tried some clicks to see what will hapen. Input materials had value: 641.56 ped tt, output: 469.16 (73.12% return).

Lost 170 ped without markup in like 10 minutes.

I could easy finish 5K argo iron with that amount of money, have atleast 10 hrs of hunt, and get 14 ped tt combat reflexes as reward. :hammer:

I will never craft again. :wise:

Thank you everyone for your time and answers.

I got lvl 2 light amp bp, with qr 51, and tried some clicks to see what will hapen. Input materials had value: 641.56 ped tt, output: 469.16 (73.12% return).

Lost 170 ped without markup in like 10 minutes.

I could easy finish 5K argo iron with that amount of money, have atleast 10 hrs of hunt, and get 14 ped tt combat reflexes as reward. :hammer:

I will never craft again. :wise:

Wise decision! :d

Back