Level 50+ avatars with no uber

Status

Coelacanth

Stalker
Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka
Some version of this topic has been posted before. I'm interested to know how rare I am. Maybe I shouldn't have chosen this player name. :laugh:

Is there anybody out there who has reached level 50 in their primary profession and not yet scored an uber, which I define as a loot with 1000+ PED value? Please chime in. I'm interested to know how many other "cursed" avatars there are. No need to reply to criticize or judge or disagree, just looking for objective factual responses.

I suspect this is an extremely small and unfortunate subsection of the player community, defying even the most improbable statistical odds.

im lvl 50+ in some of the mf skills and most of the other combat professions and the only times i got a 1k+ hit was when the bugged big crabs on RT were there. none before and none after and none on other mobs...

Some version of this topic has been posted before. I'm interested to know how rare I am. Maybe I shouldn't have chosen this player name. :laugh:

Is there anybody out there who has reached level 50 in their primary profession and not yet scored an uber, which I define as a loot with 1000+ PED value? Please chime in. I'm interested to know how many other "cursed" avatars there are. No need to reply to criticize or judge or disagree, just looking for objective factual responses.

I suspect this is an extremely small and unfortunate subsection of the player community, defying even the most improbable statistical odds.

Leave the entry level mobs and you have your uber in no time.
After 14 years in this game its time to step up your game for anything above kerberos.

Reactions: Izz
I'm level 55 BLP and never had 1000+

After 14 years in this game its time to step up your game for anything above kerberos.

I figured I'd get a response like this. So you're saying the gibnibs aren't going to give me any love? :dunce:

What you said is BS anyway, I've hunted hundreds of thousands of non-entry-level mobs over the years. The bigger the mob maturity, the lower the relative loot I tend to get. I recall times when I'd be hunting Atrox Young to Adult by the dozen, and when a Guardian came along, that was usually when I'd get a "No Loot". (Obviously that was some time ago, as "No Loots" don't happen anymore.)

Last edited:
im lvl 50+ in some of the mf skills and most of the other combat professions and the only times i got a 1k+ hit was when the bugged big crabs on RT were there. none before and none after and none on other mobs...

You don't count, then. You've had at least one uber. ;)

Scurvy Sityl, sorry to know you're doing even worse than I. :mad:

I figured I'd get a response like this. So you're saying the gibnibs aren't going to give me any love? :dunce:

What you said is BS anyway, I've hunted hundreds of thousands of non-entry-level mobs over the years. The bigger the mob maturity, the lower the relative loot I tend to get. I recall times when I'd be hunting Atrox Young to Adult by the dozen, and when a Guardian came along, that was usually when I'd get a "No Loot". (Obviously that was some time ago, as "No Loots" don't happen anymore.)

You are "cursed" I guess.My bad.

"hundreds of thousands" of non entry level mobs......

yet tracker shows less than 10k ped worth of globals.

I think your stats are incorrect.

When I first played the game, before I quit in 2010, I was a 50+ lvl hunter, but my only Uber was from a random mining drop when I was running to a TP. But during those times, even getting a global was not a very common occurrence.

I have started playing the game again in 2015 and haven't had a single uber, although I am getting way more globals than during my initial run.

I was lvl 41 max and highest i got was 700 ped crab on RT when they had 6500 hp. But in general messi is right, its just the matter of the size of the mob. I got most of my ubers on mining with lvl 5 amps which means 9 ped per sucess. If u hunt 9 ped mobs a few hours a day it ll take u not more than a week or two before u hit an uber.

I guarantee that if you mine indoors with OA-13s, you'll hit that precious uber. It could happen in the next 2hrs if you are really motivated.

It took me until level 67 to uber. I am 70 now and have ubered 6 times :D

It will come, and then come again!

I reached >70 three times and the best two hunting hits I got were on estos (10XX each time). Admittedly, both times I reached 70 previously before the last time were pre-tracker, but I never hit a 1k+ then.

I hit mining & crafting by just forcing the issue (high end amps for mining, crafting mod BPs).

Oh, but I've been part of tons of uber shared and team mobs. But solo, pretty much nada.

Count me in. 10+ years of steady play, I just unlocked Commando (lvl 70 Laser Sniper), hunting plenty of the same mobs that people uber on all the time, but I've never hit the 1000+ PED TT loot hunting. I have come close a few times, and I've done it mining and crafting. I don't feel like I have terrible luck or some sort of curse. I'm more surprised than anything else. Any day now...

Peace, Miles

P.S. Tracker doesn't tell my full story, since I spent 3 solid years on Toulan, which only registers HOF's, and not all of those, but check out my discoveries. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Izz
I fit this profile of no uberhofs but have several professional levels over 50 with the highest at 61 currently.

Creating a uberhof EL profile has never been my focus in the game , though the extra peds would be nice to fund my toybox.

Bare Barebones Bones

Sooner or later it will come , until then I just enjoy the game.

I thinhk I was around level 55 when I hit my first uber ... a 1036 ped atrox.. up to that point I think my best loot had been somewhere around 500 ped. Dont think it's that uncommon for those if us who can't grind 24/7 like some players.

Hit my 1k+ at around 65 lvl, when I stopped pinching tiny mobs and went higher. Would have been a miracle if I'd get it at 50 or earlier, considering that my primary mob back then was argo (yet I still had a 920 from one around 40 lvl).

Guess you missed the 10K and 6K Kerrbies during the Halloween event ? You might check the highest loots in the past week 7K, 4K and 4k. yes I would really stay away from them. Oh and btw you might check out the list for atroxes in tracker, all 5 below 2K as of today.

Not really meaning to bang you but your advice is wrong. You really should check tracker before making those type of comments because there are too many butt-heads like myself that will try and prove you wrong:).

Guess you missed the 10K and 6K Kerrbies during the Halloween event ? You might check the highest loots in the past week 7K, 4K and 4k. yes I would really stay away from them. Oh and btw you might check out the list for atroxes in tracker, all 5 below 2K as of today.

Not really meaning to bang you but your advice is wrong. You really should check tracker before making those type of comments because there are too many butt-heads like myself that will try and prove you wrong:).

I did not miss anything since I registered to play this game.I'm really well informed and I check everything on a daily basis.You actually missed the point.

I did not miss anything since I registered to play this game.I'm really well informed and I check everything on a daily basis.You actually missed the point.

I know you are a good hunter of that there is no question, Having said that I don't think many players can afford to play at the level you are playing. How many ped do you cycle per month ? Much more than average I would say. I know, myself included, would love to play at that to play at that level but do not have the time or resources to do so. You said to move on to bigger mobs to get the uber one and I say that is not true. Just a difference of opinion and if I missed the point then I am not sure what your point was. The only point I see is moving up to bigger mobs gets an uber. What Have I missed ?

Hunt more, and turnover more ped, faster. I've seen other posts from you along these lines, and I have my own gripes about being cursed and lack of big HoF's, drops, etc., but I'm sorry, you just don't have the turnover to be making a post (or complaint) like this. People getting 8k globals on Kerbs are just getting lucky, as so many (but not all) do in this game. That Trooper you HoF'd on a few weeks ago looks pretty good seeing as all the globals before and after it are what, 13, 22, 9, 10, 24, etc? Numbers (and mobs) like that aren't going to get you anywhere fast.

Come back again when EL shows you with at least six digits in globals (heck even try for 5 digits, it's not that far away), or even better, half a million or more, then maybe you wouldn't come off as so much of a "please hand me the big one with no effort just because I've been around for a few years" kind of whiner.

I was level 48 when i got my first hof of 240ped.. i went past 50 without an uber but later on have got quite few.. but not nearly enough for the lost peds...

Ubers are produced by losses...

If you haven’t Ubered you’re doing something right lol... just probably not getting the markup you need

I uber/tower several times a month and I also lose up to 27k TT in a month before hitting them. The name of the game is turnover and markup. Get cycling and get markup

Occurred to me only now to look up what that name actually means, hehe yea it's a pretty rare thing (the German word for it is very different so I couldn't draw from analogy). But I hope you're not seriously considering such types of explanation.

The predictable kind of snarky responses notwithstanding, EL actually has the data to answer what you'd like to know. I just don't know if there is an easy way to get the numbers and combine them in the desired way. It would be each player's number of hofs >=1k over his/her total turnover (of globals - which is the only available indicator of activity) with a reasonable minimum total (say 10k) to eliminate statistically irrelevant outliers. Is this possible?

No matter how many uber loot you get you lose to MA its in the items if you are lucky to loot and if you can sell them to a good price.

Thats harder nowdays because MA trying to make all in the game TT=100% or or near that value.

Ubers are produced by losses...

If you haven’t Ubered you’re doing something right lol... just probably not getting the markup you need

I uber/tower several times a month and I also lose up to 27k TT in a month before hitting them. The name of the game is turnover and markup. Get cycling and get markup

[h=3]Developer Notes #2[/h]

Personal Lootpools - Many of the theories which suggest - inaccurately - that efficiency is unimportant will often employ the concept of a “personal lootpool”, claiming that the “system” will eventually provide a sort of compensation to avatars who have been operating in an inefficient manner. Such theories are very much misguided. There is no such thing as a “personal lootpool” for individual avatars, and there is no system in place which tracks each avatar’s returns over time, or which provides compensation to individual avatars. As a result, long-term results in Entropia Universe are directly related to the choices made by each participant, and those who approach their chosen profession in an efficient manner will find more success than those who do not.

You're just playing at a higher level where the returns are relative to the cost. I know from first hand experience as I never had a solo uber for many years of high-end hunting being incredibly inefficient.

Last edited:

Ofcourse you are old school and Hunted before Entropia LIFE ever existed.
I started in 2004, and got my first big one on a molisk Young. The last few years however the smaller mobs don't loot that high anymore. It is only recently that small mobs Uber again.
My tip would be to Hunt some more or do a higher amount of ped per Hunt.

I know that turning over ped is most important.

I also think that number of mobs kills with that ped is also a factor. However the effect of number of mobs killed is lessened with the size of the mob. I.E. you can kill fewer despletors than atroxes to get good loot.

The biggest thing I feel is luck. But having said that you have to be hunting, mining or crafting to get lucky. I think luck plays the biggest part on uber loots.

In 2014 LT event I had 4 ubers and still had to depo to finish event. The best thing I got was a lot of skills.

With this new loot I don't the big ubers are going to happen as often but return will be more stable.

The biggest thing I feel is luck. But having said that you have to be hunting, mining or crafting to get lucky. I think luck plays the biggest part on uber loots.

This is the only sensible thing said in this thread.

All those fancy uber grinders telling you you can only hof if you hunt big or turnover immense numbers.
Sure, it does increase your chance.

But in the end it all resolves to " chance".
if you're shit out of luck, like many here, you're just fucked.
You can hunt all you like, but you will only loose more.

For me there's little incentive to step up or hunt more just to see those constant 70~80% returns which can last for months.

I'd rather have an 80% return on a 1000 ped trip then on a 10k trip.

Status
Back