Achievement: Level 50 Surveyor & Miner unlock

kingofaces

Stalker
Tony KingofAces Hans
Been slowly working towards level 50 in a mining profession, and I finally got to it today, which comes with the Miner skill unlock. Not too much for skill needs beyond this since it let's me use a Terramaster 7 fully, but at least I can say I'm not a newbie miner anymore hopefully. :cool: Funny how quickly I got to level 40-50 in hunting just doing it as a side profession, but mining as a main profession takes so much work just to get to level 50.

I had been avoiding mining for treasure until I had enough periphery skill built up to use a TM5 to map all of Arkadia, so I should be pretty close to that goal as Miner bumps that profession up a bit more. Kind of a cool little skill actually: http://entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Skill&id=122

Last skill to unlock is drilling expertise, though I'll admit that doesn't really do anything at this level since all extractors are maxed out already at that point, so my skill pill uses are going to be a bit more limited nowadays.

index.php

Big Congratz

GZ level 50 mining is pretty tough to get. Hunting is so fast, especially with the new codex now. Jump into crafting and you'll feel like you were speeding through either 😅 I recently read JBKs thread about cycling 9 million PED and going from like level 100-200 and realized I've cycled more than that crafting over the last two years just to go from level 20 in my highest crafting profession to level 71. Granted I only use skill pills occasionally and I'm pretty sure he had them going 24/7.

Fantastic and really impressive : D keep skilling :D

Big Gz! Just a shame that there's so little use for high skill levels in mining (outside of getting more hp :p)

So as I've been playing around with the new Miner skill, it's actually really interesting. Between probe drops (TM7) and a single excavator pull (Improved), I'm getting about the same experience gain if not slightly higher for each pull compared to probe drop Miner gains.

What that means is that for me trying to catch up my Treasure Hunter profession, the excavating really helps out now where it didn't really help with the finder professions at all in the past. It's a lot easier to get a lot of pulls in a short time (especially on globals), than it is to increase the drop rate, so I do consider the skill unlock worth it, at least until I'm content with my Treasure Hunter stats.

Back