News: Limbo

Skam

The Half-Wit Phoenix
Society
Rabbids
Silicon Skam Chip
limbo.gif

If you’re reading this, you’re most likely dead. Did robots finally get the best of us? Is Calypso really lost? The robot menace boss Scylla gave our top players a run for their money yesterday. The furious warlock-like model seemed virtually unstoppable in its path with its enormous regeneration, until the community went into a joint effort to haul the nightmares to the scrapheap. For a moment, the future seemed bright. Art of War’s Lady Death Strike looted the first female Supremacy feet ever seen. The Warants and Menace to Society also got loot during the robot invasion, but whatever goodies they got for their efforts might have been worthless in the end.​

Because the War Titan did not slow down. While the scared calypsians went looking for the evacuation shuttles, it seems one major mistake was made. EBN forgot to mention where the space shuttles were located. Before anyone even had time to [FONT=&quot]criticize[/FONT], everything went black.

“Don’t walk towards the light just yet” is the message we can extract from the oooOOoooOoo’s of the newly departed Tettus Sinus, head of the Calypso Health and Revival Department. “Not just yet anyway. I recommend giving it a few days, perhaps we manage to find out a way to make the revival work.”

Major Carramone has not been seen during this war, dead or alive.

Last edited:
Side by side error

1) Go to Microsoft update. Install everything, meaning, all essential and optional updates. If it wants to reboot, let it reboot.
2) Repeat 1 untill all updates are installed
3) Go to Visual C++ runtime update
4) download and install the vcredist_x86.exe on that page
5) Done

If that doesnt work check this entire thread for a solution that could help
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/159334-side-side-configuration-error.html

No Exe file to start the new VU?
Look in the bin32 folder

Direct X Errors
Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Download that. If that doesnt help try the following.
But i made it work in my case with the following instructions.
(Please note that i CANT guarantee that it works and wont mess ur system upp even further)

1. Got start -> run
  2. Start register editor by typing "regedit" without "
  3. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX
  4. if Version isent 4.09.00.0904 but starts with 4 then
  5. Back up ur old value either by manual work, either by right-click the Directx folder then export.
  6. When u have a backup of ur old version nr change it to 4.09.00.0904
  7. try the dxwebsetup.exe again
If running windows 7 and neither works, reinstall windows 7 should help.

Nobody died. What really happened I wrote about, as an (official) guide, is here: Successfull login to vu 10.0

I have no idea why it was moved to fiction, since it is news, not fiction.

OOooooOoO.... ooOOOoOooOoooOO.... ooOOOoooOOOooOOoOooO...

read as:

I didn't look for a shelter, I went to the war... just before getting the last breath of the ocean air when I saw the blast, felt the earth shake and... dunno what happend next, but I can't feel anything. It's nice and save. I'll wait I guess...

Major Carramone has not been seen during this war, dead or alive.

Probably took the first and only escape shuttle for herself!

limbo[/CENTER]

Because the War Titan did not slow down. While the scared calypsians went looking for the evacuation shuttles, it seems one major mistake was made. EBN forgot to mention where the space shuttles were located. Before anyone even had time to [FONT=&quot]criticize[/FONT], everything went black.

[/SIZE]

Exactly! I was asking round and round where were the god damn shuttles! :)

OooOoOOoooOooOoooo

or when i was alive; Ill never surender to the walking microwaves.

anybody got pictures or stats of this Scylla? :(

ps. where did it happen? when? how come there are no screenshots? i need my fix

Last edited:

stats are on entropedia i think.

wish i knew what other items the scyllas' looted. Supremacy feet F weren't the only uber thing looted....

Regarding the other uber items, if other items were looted I still need confirmation from the actual looters before I post anything on the frontpage. Im sure you lot appreciate that I dont post hear-say and speculation, even if there might be something to it :)

wish I did :)

Unfortunally I wasn't present, else Id take alot of pics. I still dont have my computer , so I wasnt able to be there.
However, the Scylla looks exactly like any Warlock as far as I can tell. It has some insane regen though. Iiiiiinsane!!

If anyone does have any good pictures of the action, feel free to post them or send them to me so I can add it to the report (with thanks to the photographer of course)

Btw, computer is arriving today though so I should be able to do more extensive reporting during the SGA event :yay:

All those suckers on Eudoria died and can't login. buahaha that bloodmoss tower is mine!!!

OOOooOOOooOOOOoooOOOooOOOooooOOOoooooooo

(For those without a revive chip, it says that I'm not dead, damnit! I'm fighting robots on the Etherial Plane till the revive terms go back online.)

You guys might be in limbo, but some of us are in bardo. I made it through Chikkhai bardo to Chönyid bardo, where I am now. I'm not alone here. There are other players and a few mobs here. I don't know why some of us came here and some went to limbo.
So I hope that when MA starts the servers it's Sidpai bardo for me.

Phil, what kind of loot are ya getting from those mobs? :)

what are u talking about? evacuation? xD *looks out of the window, ... doh!*

Don't know anything about this light people are talking about, but this TRoN universe is pretty sweet looking. I wonder if there are any Warrior Elites in here that I can play Pong with while I wait to come back online. ;)

As for the people being scared, funny, I'm sure there was a huge party of people at Atlas Haven who were having a blast right up to the end of the world. Fireworks and Rockets galore and not one unhappy sole. :yay:

Someone killed that mob ?? Scylla?? :yay:
loot window plz :D

I walked towards the light and I ended up outside looking at the sun. Now I remember what it looks like IRL. Now that that is done where is EU. :D

Nice.

I wish I had known beforehand where and when to be. As is, I am still waiting for Swamp Camp to let me log back in :(

Just one more reason FPC needs to hire you and Alice to write stuff.

(())
We healers had a blast dancing in Swamp Camp right up to the end!
Some very pleasant Nerve Blast swunting happened too.

((OOC))
I appear to have reached a bardo allright... it looks vaguely familiar but does not ring a bell yet... The local name for it is Destromath and this irritating little mutant claims to be one "Rezlak"... I lost 150 PED on the way in, I think Rezlak took it!:rocket:

((IC))
Well, this might be Limbo, but it looks more like the Revive room on the Exodus to me. Having spent around 6 months here patching people up before I came down to Calypso, I should think I would know this room when I see it... only thing is, I keep getting these wierd error messages when I try to log in here :scratch2:
I hope the bots didn't get into the Exodus' computer :eek:

I have no idea why it was moved to fiction, since it is news, not fiction.

There's a fine, yet well defined distinction between News and Fan Fiction - the News Reporter bar in the poster profile pane.

I did read your article, and thought it was a worthwhile read, thx for contributing.

its ok, everyone just hit "T"

[/COLOR]
“Not just yet anyway. I recommend giving it a few days, perhaps we manage to find out a way to make the revival work.”

"So you are to become a frog" - You better start thinking now already of which kind of frog you want to be - I think I chose ´tree frog´ at least I can fly then.

Yup, I'm bored lol. I guess it's only me who got that phrase in my head then thinking of "limbo".

Last edited:
Back