List of chat channels

Biller

Provider
Biller UcRds Miller
Let's make a list of chat channels currently up and running to have a better overview of the main feature of the new VU.

It seems so far that many people are using Rookie channel for everything atm. I think it would be better if we (community) would support MA's intention to have a separate channel for new players and leave for that purpose.
Every channel is universal in the sense it's not dependent on the location.

You can join the chat by typing "/j #chatname". Example "/j #Trade" to join the channel #Trade. Then right-clicking on [#Trade] anywhere in the window and "Open channel in new tab" will open it as a separate tab the people are used to from the past if you like it this way.

I'll try to post only one channel per some specific theme. So if there are two channels like #FOMA and #foma I'll try leave only one, the more active one, if possible to determine.

So, let's start the list: :wtg:

General:
#global - chat to chat about everything, global being the opposite of local

Economy:
#trade - trading chat
#fap - to find and advertise fapping services
#taxi - to find and advertise taxi services

Location specific channels (names speak for themselves):
Places on Calypso
#pvp4

Planet channels
#calypso
#arkadia
#rocktropia

Many country/language specific channels
Won't be posted here since I don't speak all the languages. Use "/listchannels searchpattern" command and "/help listchannels" to find your country/language.

Last edited:
i made an custom Chat Channel. But have problems inviting people to it..
I write "/invite" and than paste the Avatar Link. But than i get the message:
Error: Channel names must consist of a number sign (#) followed by 3 to 14 alphanumeric characters.

Any ideas?

nvm
it's /invite #customchatname avatarlink

I haven't tried it yet, but oh dear... sounds a lot like EVE Online.

What was wrong with the last system? I guess if all chat channels are not location dependent then it will make the universe seem more active after the introduction of planets spread all the players far and wide.

when i get home, I'll start a #reddit chat to join together people who visit reddit, and also to encourage people to be a bit more active on the subreddit (/r/entropiauniverse)

#sexyrussiansinyourarea
#lonelymomsinyourarea
#lonelyfemalegamersinyourarea
#growyourdickin5easysteps

You can find the list of channels using /listchannels command but you need to give at least one character to search for. So, theoretically one could search through
/listchannels a
/listchannels b
/listchannels z

and see all the channels available ingame. But I think this is very uncomfortable and until MA provides an easy possiblity to see all the channels at once we could collect the most popular ones with the dedicated topics here.
It seems though that most are hanging in Rookie anyways.

#pvp4 #Oilrig #USA #FOMA #CrystalPalace

Most channels are silent anyway. In #Arkadia there were like 10 messages a hour. Everyone talks in #Rookie :D

Just made one #ArkadiaEvents

I will use this channel to:

-Promote upcoming events
-Remind participants of a starting event
-Explain rules of events
-Chat during my events

You all get the idea. Check my link in Signature to see what I'm trying to accomplish with the events.

Most channels are silent anyway. In #Arkadia there were like 10 messages a hour. Everyone talks in #Rookie :D

because most ppl haven't figured out how to use this interface yet

What I miss, is the soc chan.

And...the default possibility to be in several chans at a time, and use separate screens for each.

What I miss, is the soc chan.

And...the default possibility to be in several chans at a time, and use separate screens for each.

You can create Society chat tab and name it Soc chat. There is no need for new channel.

I managed to buy a few items from #Trade today

I LOVE this feature

You can create Society chat tab and name it Soc chat. There is no need for new channel.

I've done that and added the local channel to it as well. That way I only get the info I want but I still think the old way was better for now

My gut tells me we'll see a lot of interest in the channels so we'll see a large number of new ones but those will eventually end as people focus on one or two.

The worst case would be if the channels are never closed in which case it becomes a nightmare as people make similarly named ones and the system gets flooded and people end up abandoning it.

How many people are still using the voice chat system?

How about one channel:

#wedon'tgetallbutthurtwhenpeopleuseswearwordsorarenotpoliticallycorrectandnoonewillactholierthanthouandtrytopushthiershittypretentiosfacadeoffakemoralsuperiorityonothers

That's the only one I will read.

Edit:

I suppose I might also be a bit interested in:

#partychickstradinggoodtimesforbloworULitems

but that's about it.

Last edited:
list updated after the mini-patch channels reset

#exploithintsntips

Menace

a list of to days public channels

[#aakas]
[#afromanlive]
[#amps]
[#ark]
[#ark-healers]
[#ark-royal]
[#arkadia]
[#arkrig]
[#arktrade]
[#ars]
[#assist]
[#ath]
[#attachments]
[#aud-owners]
[#aug]
[#beacons]
[#caly]
[#caly-healers]
[#calypso]
[#calyrig]
[#calytrade]
[#canada]
[#canal_france]
[#channelofcare]
[#coachscorner]
[#colorful-faith]
[#craft]
[#craft_to_order]
[#crafter]
[#crafters]
[#cyrene-trade]
[#cyrenetrade]
[#danish]
[#digitalknightz]
[#e_f_a]
[#earntropia]
[#eestlased]
[#efa-services]
[#enhancers]
[#eninechat]
[#eppayments]
[#etransport]
[#fap]
[#fortargusbank]
[#france]
[#fungusamongus]
[#fussball]
[#general]
[#global]
[#globals]
[#goat]
[#happy_family]
[#headhunters]
[#healers]
[#hellas]
[#impdalas]
[#makin_money]
[#market]
[#monria]
[#nextisland]
[#nitrade]
[#norway]
[#party]
[#portugal]
[#pvptrade]
[#rahamiehet]
[#ravenjadefirst]
[#rocktrading]
[#rocktropia]
[#romania]
[#russian]
[#searcher]
[#shadowtrade]
[#space]
[#space-repair]
[#space_travel]
[#spam]
[#spanish]
[#spiritchaser]
[#srbija]
[#stargazingchat]
[#startrek]
[#sweat]
[#taxi]
[#toulan]
[#toulanrig]
[#trade]
[#tradermarty]
[#trading]
[#ultimateet]
[#universal]
[#usa]
[#utopia]
[#vnchannel]
[#warpflight]
[#warpflights]
[#zam]

Baron topper

Nice job, Baron! :D

More info on how populated the channels are and which topics they do cover are welcome (from anybody)!

First of all, "A" for effort to the guy above you. And second, I am pretty sure the #nextisland one is the only one with people who truly don't give a fuck, or truly are genius....so it's totally the only one I want to be in!

Back