List of passive buffs on pets

Ok thx to owner of Ruby Bunny we have screenies:

<click>, <click>, <click>

Thank you very much Pitbull.

Falagor
:bandit:

If you are talking about reaching +75% affection level - it is not really a buff. After reaching 75% affection level you get more xp gain on your pet and only at this level you can have any other buffs (at least those from stables).

Basicly reaching affection 100% is really simple - just feed fresh pet to full and do some training on it - after ~2-3 hours it shoudl reach 100% affection on its own. You can speed this process up with brush with few swings (i think it is instant method to get to affection 100% but costs more than by just letting pet regain it naturally by doing tricks). But imo its not really a buff and effect is exactly same on every pet so far.

If you are talking about temp +% pet and taming skillgains it also no in this category (since it expires on its own and is somehow randomly occurance).

If you are talking about something else - please explain becasue i have no idea what could it be?

Falagor

Thx for this info. It's what I meant. So now I know it's the same for all pets. Thx

So anyone who has Ruby Dragon or Hogglo Black willing to provide screenshots with stats (first tab + each buff)?

Falagor

Adding this info to first post :).

Each passive buff requires different action to push the "Unlock" bar to 100%:

• Skill gain - Pet and Taming - requires succesfull taming attempts on creatures while having your pet spawned.
  • Pet Focus - Increase Generation - requires doing certain mix of tricks with your pet.
  • Acceleration - MISSING (probably requires running around with spawned pet)
  • Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration - MISSING

Skil gain - Pet and Taming tested and verified. On smal pets (i.e. Bristle or Panther) you require 5 sucesfull atempts to push the bar to 100% on Ancient Exa Strong it reuired more.

Pet Focus - Increase Generation - tested and verified. On Kanin and Silver Kanin i noticed that it required doing both Grret and Dance tricks to push the bar to 100%

Notice that both actions are logical and actions required are somehow connected with the bonus buff gives.

Acceleleration - i am not sure because before i was aware that unlocking may require different actions unlock was already at 100% but i guess that it requires running around with your pet spawned ;).

Notice that to trully unlock your buff you also need to train your pet to required level too :)

Falagor

God job on thread +rep :)

I have a question, how do I unlock the passive effect skill gain on pet?
my pet is lvl 19 and req lvl for unlock is 14.

Pet info says cost is 3 ped and 15 essence, i have both essence and ped but where to go to unlock this?

When I go to a stable i only get the box to place pet for 2 ped for one day of the skill gain buff.

/Chris

Edit, Found out I had to tame other pets for unlock, while my pet was spawned

Last edited:
I will post it here since i find it somehow related (instead of posting new thread).

I have done small test to check if passive buff Skill gain - Pet and Taming is working or not.

Pet used: Panther with +10% buff (1st stage) and without (2nd stage).
Whip used: Dominax Original Mamba (and Viper as some sort of "finsiher") both unlimited.

Test procedure:
- try to tame 2x 100 Kanins (each stage 100)
- note down every failed attemtps, sucess tame, and deaths (if it dies it is still counted since there were at least 2-3 failed attempts)
- note down skills: Animal Lore, Animal Taming, Zoology (to first decimal after coma accuracy) before and after each stage. Also note down decay done during each stage.
- do not make any tricks with the panther and keep it at 100% whole time. Purpose of this is to measure pure tame related skillgains only from failed or sucesfull tame attempts.

First phase (with +10% passive buff):
Animal Lore: 1697.9 -> 1720.2 (thats ~0.16ped TT skill increase)
Animal Taming: 2007.3 -> 2024.6 (thats ~0.27ped TT skill increase)
Zoology: 1348.5 -> 1369.9 (thats ~0.14ped TT skill increase)
Decay on whips: -16.23ped

58 failed attempts
89 sucesfull attempts
11 killed bunnies

So 147 attempts that could result in "green lines" appearing.

Second phase (without buff):
Animal Lore: 1720.2 -> 1741.0 (thats ~0.14ped TT skill increase)
Animal Taming: 2024.6 -> 2035.0 (thats ~0.16ped TT skill increase)
Zoology: 1369.9 -> 1383.1 (thats ~0.09ped TT skill increase)
Decay on whips: -16.30ped

52 failed attempts
84 sucesfull attempts
16 killed bunnies

So 136 attempts that could result in "green lines" appearing.

-----

Observation:
- first phase was more "lucky" to have more attempts that could result in increased skill gain. Difference is ~8% so tihs should be taken into consideration (=rescaled) (*).
- i have got more skills in the buff phase: ~14.2% more in Animal Lore, ~68.7% more in Animal Taming, ~55.6% more in Zoology.
- sum of skills gained more: 0.57ped in first phase, 0.39 in snd phase. So average difference is ~46.2% more.

Conclusion:
- even after correction and rescaling (*) i would get ~34.5% more skills with buff than without.
- i know that the test sample was small and there are huge roundings when counting skill TT at Entropedia (not to mention that formula there is only aproximation) but i think its safe to asume that:
the buff is working and increases skills gained in taming and pet handling

If someone wants to repeat the test (at larger sample) or have other ideas how to test this more - feel free to discuss.

I am convinced its worth using the buff when you are taming the pets :).

@edit:
if any extra random temp buffs happened during the process - i was stoped, dismissed pet and waited for it to dry out ;). Just to claify this since it coudl have screwed results if was not avoided.

Falagor

Last edited:
Eudorian Devil Level 12 requires 7546 xp exactly for passive unlock

Rick

Adding this info to first post :).

• Skill gain - Pet and Taming - requires succesfull taming attempts on creatures while having your pet spawned.
  • Pet Focus - Increase Generation - requires doing certain mix of tricks with your pet.
  • Acceleration - MISSING (probably requires running around with spawned pet)

Skil gain - Pet and Taming tested and verified. On smal pets (i.e. Bristle or Panther) you require 5 sucesfull atempts to push the bar to 100% on Ancient Exa Strong it reuired more.

Pet Focus - Increase Generation - tested and verified. On Kanin and Silver Kanin i noticed that it required doing both Grret and Dance tricks to push the bar to 100%

Notice that both actions are logical and actions required are somehow connected with the bonus buff gives.

Acceleleration - i am not sure because before i was aware that unlocking may require different actions unlock was already at 100% but i guess that it requires running around with your pet spawned ;).

Notice that to trully unlock your buff you also need to train your pet to required level too :)

Falagor

Hope this help but on the Sliver Kanin for me Greet would move it 5% each time where Dance only moved the bar 5% every other time

Last edited:
Hope this help but on the Sliver Kanin for me Greet would move it 5% each time where Dance only moved the bar 5% every other time

Actually you need to do BOTH tricks to fill the bar to 100%.

Doing only Dance filled it only up to 50% so it was necesery to do Greet tricks too. This info is already known (not missing) ;).

What is missing is if the Acceleration requires running aroun (seems logical) and what is required on hogglo pygmys to fill the bar ;).

Falagor

unlocked the acceleration requirement by just running around with pet spawned

Sooooooooo eager to find out about this decreased crit buff, is it a passive one or something that can applied through a stable ???

//Linz

Linz.. It is decreased critical damage.. not percent.

In this thread i will try to keep complete list of all tameable pets with their passive buffs.
I will try to update the list whenever new tameable mobs will appear ingame.

I will skip not important statistics (i.e. "Exportable").

Feel free to discuss buff related topics here if you like ;).

It seems that it is possible to have one passive buff and one buff from stable active at the same time. Buffs do not stack (and only strongest effect is active) but it is possible to have two different kind of buffs active. This is why i am adding list of buffs availible at stables too (to compare and decide what pet is best for each needs).

List of all buffs with their description:
  • Skill gain - Pet and Taming - "Pet and Taming skills increase faster."
  • Pet Focus - Increase Generation - "Makes pet regain focus faster."
  • Acceleration - "Acceleration increases the run speed of an avatar."
  • Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration - "Lowers pet metabolic rate in exchange for lower slower focus regeneration."
  • Increased Health - "Incrases target's maximum health points."

Short list of all possible passive buffs:
Buff nameStrength
Skill gain - Pet and Taming+10%
Skill gain - Pet and Taming+15%
Skill gain - Pet and Taming+20%
Pet Focus - Increase Generation+10%
Pet Focus - Increase Generation:+15%
Acceleration+8%
Acceleration+12%
Acceleration+14%
Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration-20%

• Acceleration - requires running around with spawned pet

Short list of all possible buffs avaible at stables (with duration and cost for player):
Buff nameStrengthLev reqDurationCost
Pet Focus - Increase Generation+12% 31 day2.00 ped
Pet Focus - Increase Generation+17%61 day3.20 ped
Pet Focus - Increase Generation+25%81 day5.10 ped
Skill gain - Pet and Taming+10%41 day2.00 ped
Skill gain - Pet and Taming+15%91 day4.00 ped
Skill gain - Pet and Taming+20%151 day8.00 ped
Acceleration+12%51 day2.00 ped
Acceleration+10%102 days3.00 ped
Acceleration+8%177 days5.00 ped
Increased Health+5HP71 day2.00 ped
Increased Health+8HP131 day4.00 ped
Increased Health+12HP207 days40.00 ped

Full list of screenshots of buffs avaible at stables including cost for stable owners: <click>
Please notice that stable owners must decide and have limit of 3 buff kinds per stable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List of all tameable pets with passive buffs avaible on them:
Pet nameBuff typeStrengthEn/hLev reqCost to unlock
--- Ancient Pets ---
Ancient ExarosaurSkill gain - Pet and Taming+15%1.50205.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Ancient Exarosaur StrongSkill gain - Pet and Taming+20%2.002815.00 ped + 25 Essence + 1 Rare Essence
Ancient Snablesnot-MaleSkill gain - Pet and Taming+15%1.50205.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Ancient Snablesnot-Male StrongSkill gain - Pet and Taming+20%2.002615.00 ped + 25 Essence + 1 Rare Essence
Ancient Snablesnot-FemaleSkill gain - Pet and Taming+15%1.50205.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Ancient Snablesnot-Female StrongSkill gain - Pet and Taming+20%2.002715.00 ped + 25 Essence + 1 Rare Essence
Ancient DaikibaSkill gain - Pet and Taming+15%1.50205.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Ancient Daikiba StrongSkill gain - Pet and Taming+20%2.002515.00 ped + 25 Essence + 1 Rare Essence
--- Calypso Pets ---
BristlehogSkill gain - Pet and Taming+10%1.00143.00 ped + 15 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
CombiboSkill gain - Pet and Taming+10%1.00133.00 ped + 15 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
CornundacaudaSkill gain - Pet and Taming+10%1.00133.00 ped + 15 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Chirin DragonSkill gain - Pet and Taming+10%1.00113.00 ped + 15 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Sapphire Chirin DragonPet Focus - Increase Generation+10%1.0063.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Sapphire Chirin DragonSkill gain - Pet and Taming+15%1.50185.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Ruby Chirin DragonPet Focus - Increase Generation+15%1.5067.00 ped + 30 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Ruby Chirin DragonSkill gain - Pet and Taming+15%1.50155.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Eudorian DevilSkill gain - Pet and Taming+10%1.00123.00 ped + 15 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Eudorian Sapphire DevilPet Focus - Increase Generation+10%1.0073.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Eudorian Sapphire DevilSkill gain - Pet and Taming+15%1.50195.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Eudorian Ruby DevilPet Focus - Increase Generation+15%1.5067.00 ped + 30 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Eudorian Ruby DevilSkill gain - Pet and Taming+15%1.50165.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Corinthian CaninAcceleration+8%1.00171.00 ped + 30 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Corinthian Silver CaninPet Focus - Increase Generation+10%1.0083.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Corinthian Silver CaninAcceleration+12%1.20235.00 ped + 30 Essence + 1 Rare Essence
Corinthian Ruby CaninPet Focus - Increase Generation+10%1.0063.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Corinthian Ruby CaninAcceleration+14%1.402510.00 ped + 75 Essence + 2 Rare Essence
Hogglo PygmyPet Focus - Decrease Regeneration-20%-1.0073.00 ped + 25 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Hogglo PygmySkill gain - Pet and Taming+15%1.50305.00 ped + 20 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Hogglo Pygmy BlackPet Focus - Increase Generation+15%1.5077.00 ped + 30 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Hogglo Pygmy BlackSkill gain - Pet and Taming+20%2.002515.00 ped + 25 Essence + 1 Rare Essence
--- Arkadia Pets ---
NusulSkill gain - Pet and Taming+10%1.00143.00 ped + 15 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
Pandi PupNo passive buffs
--- Toulan Pets ---
TabtabSkill gain - Pet and Taming+10%1.00143.00 ped + 15 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
--- Rocktropia Pets ---
PantherSkill gain - Pet and Taming+10%1.00143.00 ped + 15 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
--- Cyrene Pets ---
ArretSkill gain - Pet and Taming+10%1.00143.00 ped + 15 Essence + 0 Rare Essence
--- Next Island Pets (?) ---
--- Monria Pets (?) ---

List of tameable pets with their statistics:
Pet nameMetabolic rateTrainingRarity
--- Ancient Pets ---
Ancient Exarosaur14.00AverageLegendary
Ancient Exarosaur Strong20.00HardLegendary
Ancient Snablesnot-Male12.00AverageLegendary
Ancient Snablesnot-Male Strong30.00HardLegendary
Ancient Snablesnot-Female13.00AverageLegendary
Ancient Snablesnot-Female Strong22.00HardLegendary
Ancient Daikiba15.00AverageLegendary
Ancient Daikiba Strong40.00HardLegendary
--- Calypso Pets ---
Bristlehog10.00EasyCommon
Combibo10.00EasyCommon
Cornundacauda10.00EasyCommon
Chirin Dragon15.00EasyCommon
Sapphire Chirin Dragon15.00AverageRare
Ruby Chirin Dragon17.00HardEpic
Eudorian Devil15.00EasyCommon
Eudorian Sapphire Devil16.00AverageRare
Eudorian Ruby Devil18.00HardEpic
Corinthian Canin11.00EasyCommon
Corinthian Silver Canin11.00AverageRare
Corinthian Ruby Canin13.00HardEpic
Hogglo Pygmy10.00AverageCommon (bug?)
Hogglo Pygmy Black50.00HardLegendary
--- Arkadia Pets ---
Nusul10.00EasyCommon
Pandi Pup10.00EasyCommon
--- Toulan Pets ---
Tabtab10.00EasyCommon
--- Rocktropia Pets ---
Panther10.00EasyCommon
--- Cyrene Pets ---
Arret10.00EasyCommon
--- Next Island Pets (?) ---
--- Monria Pets (?) ---

Falagor

Ok... first o all... i am copying first post and saving it here in this post. Also i made screenshots of all stats from first post so even if this info gets lost somehow on forum i still have the old data on my hard drive. Reason to save this data is ... well so we can point out how MA "rebalances" things...

------

Now i guess its time to start colecting NEW data on the pet stats. Not sure if i should do it right away since Ulf said Design team might rebalance the stats once again... so might be pointless to update everything now and do it all over again after change...

Also can someone put screenies with new pets - i heard there is Atrox on Calypso, some kind of monkey that is bugged atm on NI and three pets at Cyrene ;). I will be taming them myself too but i guess it will be faster if someone who already has them can post stats so i can update.

Also it would be nice to have updated info on all other pets so i guess posting screenies with all other pets will be needed once again.

@edit:
i guess to make the update much faster i should just collect one of each on ALL tameable creatures and keep them in storage for this purpose - so i can then check it easily and update ;). With rare ones (like diablo pygmy) i should just be in touch with owners.

Falagor

Last edited:
Ok i gathered all common pets from Caly: bristlehog, combibo, cornundacauda, atrox, kanin, sivler kanin, dragon, sapp dragon, devil and sapp devil.

I own Ruby Kanin but since i have unlocked both buffs already i do not know costs on them atm. I also own Panther but also has unlocked buffs.

I will be at Cyrene soon (today or tomorow) and will tame the three pets + arret there too so will have new stats on them soon.

So it would be nice if someone could post screenies (or at least give all necesery stats) of folowing pets that still do not have unlcoked buffs (so pretty fresh ones):
- Ruby Kanin,
- Ruby Dragon,
- Ruby Devil,
- Hogglo Pygmy,
- Hogglo Pygmy Black,
- Nusul,
- Panther,
- all Ancient pets

Some time later i will travel to Ark ad RT too and get the common pets too so that will be filled sooner or later by me but i will probably have no access to more rare pets so those are i am looking most for.

Important that if you can please provide info from before unlock (including costs in case they have changed too).

After i get some screenies and i get Cyrene pets myself i will start updating first post.

@edit:
i got free Pandi Pup from ASH so now i can have it in storage nad check if stats will change ;P

Falagor

Edited some of the pets with new values. On most cost of unlocking has increased a little too... (on generation its lower by 5 animal essence though :) - wow!)

Those that have old value are marked with grey like this: example

Will be adding more later.

Falagor

I cannot open my second buff on my dragon, he is level 18, I have all the essence etc but says criteria is like 5.3 percent in RED What the heck is that (criteria) because that is stopping me but have no idea what it is......... :scratch2:

I cannot open my second buff on my dragon, he is level 18, I have all the essence etc but says criteria is like 5.3 percent in RED What the heck is that (criteria) because that is stopping me but have no idea what it is......... :scratch2:

Answeris in this thread already :) : <click>

Go and tame some animals while havig your pet spawned.

Falagor

Answeris in this thread already :) : <click>

Go and tame some animals while havig your pet spawned.

Falagor

Yep that is what I did............ All DAY yesterday and got the buff last night (finally) whew.

I saw the skills for the hoggly pygmy are grey. here are the current values:

Skill gain, pet and taming
strenghth 15%
energy/h 35
level 30
5 ped
essence 30
rare 1

pet focus, decrease regeneration
strenght 20%
energy/h -4
level 7
3 ped
essence 25
rare -

some info update and a common bug for Snablesnot-male/female - Ancient/Ancient Strong (maybe):

I saw the skills for the hoggly pygmy are grey. here are the current values:

Skill gain, pet and taming
strenghth 15%
energy/h 35
level 30
5 ped
essence 30
rare 1

pet focus, decrease regeneration
strenght 20%
energy/h -4
level 7
3 ped
essence 25
rare -

Can you also post - metabolic rate on it? It used to be 10.0.

some info update and a common bug for Snablesnot-male/female - Ancient/Ancient Strong (maybe):

For now i will leave Legendary then?

Thank you guys very much :)

Falagor

Also - if anyone has some info about those new buffs:
- auto-loot
- decreased critical
then please post :).

If those are/will be stable only buffs OR you know pet with those buffs...

Falagor

Also - if anyone has some info about those new buffs:
- auto-loot
- decreased critical
then please post :).

If those are/will be stable only buffs OR you know pet with those buffs...

Falagor

These are definitely not stable buffs.

These are definitely not stable buffs.

Hehe - ok :).

So eiher: diablo pygmy has one of them OR there are more pets comming soon with those buffs?

Sicne so far none of the current pet has it...

Falagor

Hehe - ok :).

So eiher: diablo pygmy has one of them OR there are more pets comming soon with those buffs?

Sicne so far none of the current pet has it...

Falagor

Maybe its hidden unlocks super far high skillreq?? It says in description that they are passive buffs so its either hidden or coming in some new pets

I asked in a support case I sent in regarding all the taming bugs and if they'd forgotten the new buffs and was told, 'they are out there for you to find out yourself ;)'

Last edited:
Back