Little Big Mining Log - Miners Tool (OCR)

10 PEC per drop? Have I missed something? I'll sure to check it out when I get home if that's the case.

Yes - 1 Genesis Rookie Seismic Bomb costs 0.10 ped

How long can I expect to wait for the activation mail?

edit:
Never mind, finally arrived, though it took some time.

Last edited:
I have now tried it out and I do have few important things to say.

1. The client is unstable. It stopped responding at some point, right after I opened the map. It happened only once, but then again, it was a very short run. I've experienced similar troubles with hooks, but never really fount out what the problem was. Maybe you want to look in to that.

2. At the bottom of the client it say: Claims x + 0, where x correctly counts the claims. It's unclear what the zero is for. could be counting NRFs, however it doesn't say so and I've still to figure out how to register an NRF.

3. An no point was I able to read a claim while in windowed mode. This need to be possible if you ask me.

4. When the client read the claims, it did so correctly, however, I suspect that this is largely due to another very annoying "feature". I had to press 'P' every single time I wanted to read a claim so that the client knew that I was close to the claim. If you really feel that this approach is necessary, mind you it's not a bad approach as such, do make the 'P' press fire automatically. It is quite possible.

5. The OCR is quite sensitive and were it not for a few ninja tricks of my own, probably only 2 out of 11 claims would have been read at all. Still, I did got it to read them and the extracted information was correct, but it's not good enough I'm sorry to say.

6. The sound played upon failure don't exactly scream "failure", in fact at first I thought it meant success. I think you should consider changing that.

7. Not all is bad though, For one I'd really like to complement you on the maps, they look awesome and the overall design of the client is decent.

8. As you know, I have been working in this area for some time and know a few things about the subject, especially regarding the OCR. I may be able to help if you'd like that. Just contact me and I'm sure that we can figure something out.

9. Final judgement is above average, but only just and it's the nice client that count for most of the positive. I see a great future for this software, but I would have expected better on the OCR part, even for a beta.

10. I could probably say more, but for now I can't think of anything. You have done very well, regardless of the criticism and I look forward to experiencing a fully functioning product in the future.

Best regards.

Edit:
"... make sure the deed object is not shown, and press SCAN (PRTSCR) ..."

I assume that is a typo? Otherwise I'd like an explanation because I have no idea how to interpret it. ;)

Last edited:
I have now tried it out and I do have few important things to say.

1. The client is unstable. It stopped responding at some point, right after I opened the map. It happened only once, but then again, it was a very short run. I've experienced similar troubles with hooks, but never really fount out what the problem was. Maybe you want to look in to that.

2. At the bottom of the client it say: Claims x + 0, where x correctly counts the claims. It's unclear what the zero is for. could be counting NRFs, however it doesn't say so and I've still to figure out how to register an NRF.

3. An no point was I able to read a claim while in windowed mode. This need to be possible if you ask me.

4. When the client read the claims, it did so correctly, however, I suspect that this is largely due to another very annoying "feature". I had to press 'P' every single time I wanted to read a claim so that the client knew that I was close to the claim. If you really feel that this approach is necessary, mind you it's not a bad approach as such, do make the 'P' press fire automatically. It is quite possible.

5. The OCR is quite sensitive and were it not for a few ninja tricks of my own, probably only 2 out of 11 claims would have been read at all. Still, I did got it to read them and the extracted information was correct, but it's not good enough I'm sorry to say.

6. The sound played upon failure don't exactly scream "failure", in fact at first I thought it meant success. I think you should consider changing that.

7. Not all is bad though, For one I'd really like to complement you on the maps, they look awesome and the overall design of the client is decent.

8. As you know, I have been working in this area for some time and know a few things about the subject, especially regarding the OCR. I may be able to help if you'd like that. Just contact me and I'm sure that we can figure something out.

9. Final judgement is above average, but only just and it's the nice client that count for most of the positive. I see a great future for this software, but I would have expected better on the OCR part, even for a beta.

10. I could probably say more, but for now I can't think of anything. You have done very well, regardless of the criticism and I look forward to experiencing a fully functioning product in the future.

Best regards.

Edit:

I assume that is a typo? Otherwise I'd like an explanation because I have no idea how to interpret it. ;)

Hi Zacariaz,

Thank you for posting,

The text you quoted indicates you should disable showing of the claim deed item object (the piece of paper that floats around) maybe its not clear enough i will put a more descriptive how to on the website soon :)

to mark a NRF first make a drop ... by pressing ORE/ENM buttons or keybinds i invite you to read the Intro Guide on my website for details on how to do it if you feel its not very clear please let me know.. i wrote the code so everything is obvious to me ... not a good perspective when writing the how to :)

http://www.mininglog.com/intro.php

1. If you are having trouble with stability please send a more detailed description to support@mininglog.com we will try to figure out what can be causing this.

2. I will quote from the Intro Guide: The bottom of the window will also hold information on how many claims are stored of the user + claims imported into the tool in future releases at this time "+0";

3. Windowed mode should work fine .. the app isnt really intended for Full Screen as you neither can see the Map or the Main Window. Of course it should work in full screen mode to read the claims but then you miss out on all the other cool features.

4. The client is meant for tracking runs drops NRF's and claims, to do this yo move your marker around the map and place drops to mark the areas you mined, to do this you use P extensively , as a feature to safeguard the reading from false coordinates we added the proximity testing... i guess if you don't use the map at all it can be annoying to press P. We will add this as an option to check-off in the next release however it is not recommended or we will add an option for the tool to send P to windows so that windows forwards it to the game and auto updates the position ... for all those raising a red flag i know Entropia Tracker does this and got approved by Mindark.

5. In our testing we didn't experience such big issues with the OCR scanning as you did, I dare to say we experience 1/10 claims trowing and error and its enough to focus the claim deed window or look more to the ground for it to scan correctly.

6. Yes we have a whole bunch of ideas for sounds ;) for now we play the default windows sounds you have set for your system .. BEEP and ASTERISK sounds are played

7. thank you.

8. We are constantly improving on our OCR and we would appreciate if you could ZIP and send us your ERROR folder (maybe upload to rapidshare and send us the link). It holds all the screenshots of failed OCR attempts so we can analyze them and figure out the reason for the failure. Of course remove the images where no claim deed is present :)

9. I'm sorry you don't feel happy about the OCR at its current state. All i can say is during my testing i haven't had as much problems with it as you did so once again please send us your error folder for analysis. Its been in the public for only a few days and we are starting to receive some reports of a fail here and there... this was expected and one of the main reason for a BETA release :D so that people can test the software on many different machines and help iron out the bugs.

10. Your feedback is much appreciated we are looking forward to you using our application

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Edit:
How long can I expect to wait for the activation mail?

edit:
Never mind, finally arrived, though it took some time.

You have to wait as long as it takes the world wide web to route the e-mail to your server and from your server to your mail client. E-mails are sent instantly upon registration.

Last edited:
Hi Zacariaz,

Thank you for posting,
You're quite welcome.
The text you quoted indicates you should disable showing of the claim deed item object (the piece of paper that floats around) maybe its not clear enough i will put a more descriptive how to on the website soon :)
Ah, I see, however, I had aleady done that, so no harm done.
to mark a NRF first make a drop ... by pressing ORE/ENM buttons or keybinds i invite you to read the Intro Guide on my website for details on how to do it if you feel its not very clear please let me know.. i wrote the code so everything is obvious to me ... not a good perspective when writing the how to :)

http://www.mininglog.com/intro.php
I did read the guide, however regarding nrfs, I was making the assumption that the number of nrfs you be showen a place explained at 2.
1. If you are having trouble with stability please send a more detailed description to support@mininglog.com we will try to figure out what can be causing this.
I can not describe it in more details than I already have, but just to let you know, it happened a second time.
2. I will quote from the Intro Guide: The bottom of the window will also hold information on how many claims are stored of the user + claims imported into the tool in future releases at this time "+0";
Missed that note.
3. Windowed mode should work fine .. the app isnt really intended for Full Screen as you neither can see the Map or the Main Window. Of course it should work in full screen mode to read the claims but then you miss out on all the other cool features.
Well, as I said, it don't work for me.
4. The client is meant for tracking runs drops NRF's and claims, to do this yo move your marker around the map and place drops to mark the areas you mined, to do this you use P extensively , as a feature to safeguard the reading from false coordinates we added the proximity testing... i guess if you don't use the map at all it can be annoying to press P. We will add this as an option to check-off in the next release however it is not recommended or we will add an option for the tool to send P to windows so that windows forwards it to the game and auto updates the position ... for all those raising a red flag i know Entropia Tracker does this and got approved by Mindark.
Well, we all got different needs. I'm mainly interested in creating a resource map, not a nrf map ;)
5. In our testing we didn't experience such big issues with the OCR scanning as you did, I dare to say we experience 1/10 claims trowing and error and its enough to focus the claim deed window or look more to the ground for it to scan correctly.
Well that is weird and I have no idea what makes the difference, however I do have a trick or two up my sleave that would make the "light background" problem a thing of the past. Let me know if you're interested. ;)
6. Yes we have a whole bunch of ideas for sounds ;) for now we play the default windows sounds you have set for your system .. BEEP and ASTERISK sounds are played
Just a suggestin. One can get used to most.
7. thank you.
You're quite welcome ;)
8. We are constantly improving on our OCR and we would appreciate if you could ZIP and send us your ERROR folder (maybe upload to rapidshare and send us the link). It holds all the screenshots of failed OCR attempts so we can analyze them and figure out the reason for the failure. Of course remove the images where no claim deed is present :)
I'll see what I can do.
9. I'm sorry you don't feel happy about the OCR at its current state. All i can say is during my testing i haven't had as much problems with it as you did so once again please send us your error folder for analysis. Its been in the public for only a few days and we are starting to receive some reports of a fail here and there... this was expected and one of the main reason for a BETA release :D so that people can test the software on many different machines and help iron out the bugs.

10. Your feedback is much appreciated we are looking forward to you using our application

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Best regards.

A comment on issues experienced by Zacariaz

After Careful investigation of the Error folder content sent in by Zacariaz we found:

Half of the screenshots contained black color only, this has been observed before for full screen mode the solution (now posted also to Intro Guide):

Important: When running the game in full screen mode you must Disable Desktop Composition. You can do this for the game alone by going to your "Entropia Universe\bin32" folder right-clicking on Entropia.exe selecting Properties -> Compatibility and in the Settings section Check the Disable Desktop Composition button. This will disable areo effects and allow you to grab game screenshots while ingame in fullscreen mode and once the game shuts down it will return the nice visual effects.

According to Zacariaz black screens occur for windowed mode which hasn't been observed before has anyone experienced this?

The second portion of the screens were incorrectly rendered for example the claim window lacked vital parts of its frame used for claim deed localization withing the image sometimes lacking over 80% of its boarders making it impossible to determine the deed position.

eurenderingerror.jpg

eurenderingerror2.jpg

Does anyone else experience such erratic in game rendering or has such screenshots with claim deeds without boarders in their Error Folder in the Little Big Mining Log folder?

Until now we have never experienced such problems with image acquisition's and we would like to hear from you are these common problem (implying its something the tool must overcome) or if this is extremely rare or dose not occur at all (implying it might be a HW issue or game installation corruption issue)

We are currently working closely with Zacariaz to figure out the possible reason for these errors, and it would be great if active users could check their error folders for images missing frames similar to above and post if you have these or not. And also your experiences with the image recognition performance.

There was also one valid screenshot incorrectly read.. which might have been caused by the blue background under the claim deed... we are constantly working on improving OCR accuracy hoping to achieve best possible results :)

Best Regards
Ido

Since Ido seemingly is pretty forgetful, I'll take care of bumping it up to day ;)

* B U M P *

For a great effort.

Patch v0.4.2.0

Hello all,

Today we release a patch for the Little Big Mining Log:

Current Release:
06/03/2011 Patch v0.4.2.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Sweetstuff and Growth Molecules will be now correctly recognized
- Improved the accuracy of Image Recognition - thanks Marie 'Zacariaz' T'pol
- Using the log-out option no longer causes the application to crash
- Fixed application stability during shutdown
- Improved reliability of keybinds

grab it here: www.mininglog.com

Remember to check your settings after applying the patch they might be altered to default.

Ido

It crashes on me :( wont even start.It asks for login details i got to login & it crashes.
I'm using windows 7 64bit not shure if that a problem
I did patches etc but no good any help would be great looks like it could be good i would gladly put some money towards it :)
Michael

Reactions: Ido
It crashes on me :( wont even start.It asks for login details i got to login & it crashes.
I'm using windows 7 64bit not shure if that a problem
I did patches etc but no good any help would be great looks like it could be good i would gladly put some money towards it :)
Michael
Main testing for this application was done on Win7 x64 so that should not be the issue

We kindly ask you and all users to submit screenshots of error messages and unexpected application behaviour to support@mininglog.com

Also attach a description what actions you take prior to this occurring and if it's a one time error or if it's repetitive.

If the application hangs without any error message please verify if your firewall is not blocking the application

Best Regards
Ido

After Careful investigation of the Error folder content sent in by Zacariaz we found:

Half of the screenshots contained black color only, this has been observed before for full screen mode the solution (now posted also to Intro Guide):

Important: When running the game in full screen mode you must Disable Desktop Composition. You can do this for the game alone by going to your "Entropia Universe\bin32" folder right-clicking on Entropia.exe selecting Properties -> Compatibility and in the Settings section Check the Disable Desktop Composition button. This will disable areo effects and allow you to grab game screenshots while ingame in fullscreen mode and once the game shuts down it will return the nice visual effects.

According to Zacariaz black screens occur for windowed mode which hasn't been observed before has anyone experienced this?

The second portion of the screens were incorrectly rendered for example the claim window lacked vital parts of its frame used for claim deed localization withing the image sometimes lacking over 80% of its boarders making it impossible to determine the deed position.

eurenderingerror.jpg

eurenderingerror2.jpg

Does anyone else experience such erratic in game rendering or has such screenshots with claim deeds without boarders in their Error Folder in the Little Big Mining Log folder?

Until now we have never experienced such problems with image acquisition's and we would like to hear from you are these common problem (implying its something the tool must overcome) or if this is extremely rare or dose not occur at all (implying it might be a HW issue or game installation corruption issue)

We are currently working closely with Zacariaz to figure out the possible reason for these errors, and it would be great if active users could check their error folders for images missing frames similar to above and post if you have these or not. And also your experiences with the image recognition performance.

There was also one valid screenshot incorrectly read.. which might have been caused by the blue background under the claim deed... we are constantly working on improving OCR accuracy hoping to achieve best possible results :)

Best Regards
Ido

Not related to your software, but the exact same problem still.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-done-screenshot-without-chat-and-loot-window

Patch v0.4.3.0

Hello all,

Current Release:
09/03/2011 Patch v0.4.3.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Added Text Error Logs stored in Errors folder which you should submit for analysis
- Added Error Codes to help you help us pinpoint and fix bugs that appear
- Fixed errors introduced in the new Image recognition routines
- Error screenshots will now be stored in PNG format to reduce file size

Remember to check your settings after applying the patch they might be altered to default.

Ido

Ability to scan screens from a folder and add those resources to a map. That would be a nice feature, because some people may keep those someplace.

Ability to zoom on the map up to the level where you can have an area of 1000x1000m, even if you do not see the texture at that point, jut the location of claims. And the ability to save such states of screen as jpg. Print screen would do I suppose. This feature is something I would like, but is not the most important of all.
Such things would be nice to have printed, with no texture for map, just the coordinates.

Ability to filter by run, finder, amp, area, resource, time.

Ability to import/export data.

Display a graph with loot histogram. For each claim size, a segment proportional with the amount of claims of that size...

I would never install a program that connects to a server for whatever reason. Especially one that has access to my keyboard. However, I would pay for a complete mining application.

can you make it patch automaticly? yes i'm lazy :D

yes i can .. i would have to write a loader program that will replace the LittleBigMiningLog.exe file with each update.. DL a zip file and extract and overwrite files in the folder it is currently in .. it is fairly easy to do .. but.. how many people want this? raise your hands :D

Ido

Wow, looks really nice, I am not at home to test it.
As soon as I get home from lovely Thailand and two weeks totally free from EU, I will test it..

Looks good!

/Shoe

Wow, looks really nice, I am not at home to test it.
As soon as I get home from lovely Thailand and two weeks totally free from EU, I will test it..

Looks good!

/Shoe

Have a good time in Thailand!

Let us know how you like it once you get back and have a chance to test it :)

Ido

with the recent addition of coords on the radar, have you considered just hooking the action to drop a bomb/probe, and adding the system time as the time/date stamp?

yes i can .. i would have to write a loader program that will replace the LittleBigMiningLog.exe file with each update.. DL a zip file and extract and overwrite files in the folder it is currently in .. it is fairly easy to do .. but.. how many people want this? raise your hands :D

Ido

I know the tracker does it and nobody has a problem with that it seems.

Also i have no understanding for the ppl who dont want to upload their data.. If just one other miner goes to "YOUR" area poof your "secret" is out. Which isnt really a secret cause the info is already on the forum what type of stuff you can find where. Also as Windswept says, you cant be on every spot at the same time.

with the recent addition of coords on the radar, have you considered just hooking the action to drop a bomb/probe, and adding the system time as the time/date stamp?

Yes we have already created a solution which scans the coordinates shown on the radar and extracts the position.. there is however a problem of memory leakage in the Tesseract OCR engine our application uses that will consume all your ram too quickly if we perform OCR each second ... therefore until we find a replacement for the Tesseract engine or come up with a solution to the memory leakage problem you will have to continue using P to move your marker around the map.

The solution is there and is almost ready we just have to deal with the memory problem. Stay tuned ;)

We might however integrate automatic coords reading upon making a DROP so that the info is always precise.

Ido

Resource Depth

Dear All,

Today we launch a new informative feature on the website of Little Big Mining Log: www.mininglog.com

It is a list of resources stating at what depths they can be found.
Right now the list is quite short and shows only the claims i have found during my testing since v0.4

resource_depth.jpg

I hope you will all enjoy it as it becomes more complete :)

If you are interested in contributing let us know at support@mininglog.com
Send us your Full Avatar name from the e-mail address you registered with stating you want to contribute.

Note: We do not use any of our registered users data without their consent!

Ido

Resource Maps

Dear All,

Today we launch a new informative feature on the website of Little Big Mining Log: www.mininglog.com/maps.php

It is a map of resources which should help you decide where to go mining.

claimmap.jpg

I hope you will all enjoy it as it becomes more complete. :)

If you are interested in contributing let us know at support@mininglog.com
Send us your Full Avatar name from the e-mail address you registered with stating you want to contribute.

Note: We do not use any of our registered users data without their consent!

Ido

Announcement

Due to release 11.9.0 introducing a changed format of the deed data image recognition will fail for the little big mining log... this will be fixed in the upcoming release version 0.5

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Release v0.5

Hello all,

Today we release a new version of the Little Big Mining Log:

Current Release:
03/04/2011 PUBLIC BETA v0.5 - New Release with Configuration File:
- LittleBigMiningLog.exe.config fileholds all configuration parameters for the tool
- The Map can now be set to appear always on top
- Added Date and Time and Coord filters for Drops
- Added Lines to the map showing Coord filter setting
- The tool will now check if all files are present on startup
- Added ScrollBar to Run Filter List
- Fixed Claim reading post VU 11.9.0 changes
- Fixed Labels for UI Icons
- Fixed problem saving Sweetstuff screenshots

Best Regards
Ido

hmm just checked my emails and indeed I got a registration key a loong time after I registered a few days ago.
However that key expired after 24h so basicaly you ask ppl to check their emails every day for the link for a week or soo?
Well I'll give it a try but not sure if many will in case the Emails are always sent out so slowly. :eek:
Just saying... didn't test the tool yet obviously so can't really tell if it's any good or not.

hmm just checked my emails and indeed I got a registration key a loong time after I registered a few days ago.
However that key expired after 24h so basicaly you ask ppl to check their emails every day for the link for a week or soo?
Well I'll give it a try but not sure if many will in case the Emails are always sent out so slowly. :eek:
Just saying... didn't test the tool yet obviously so can't really tell if it's any good or not.

Hi XeroX2,

The e-mail is sent out instantly after you register, from our experience they arrive at their destination a few minutes after they have been sent out usually. If you will be experiencing a slow e-mail response during your registration please contact support (support@mininglog.com) and we will help you with the process.

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Patch v0.5.1.0

Hello all,

Current Release:
03/04/2011 Patch v0.5.1.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Localization issue with "," as the decimal separator in some countries causing problems with the configuration file

Ido

Hello all,

Current Release:
03/04/2011 Patch v0.5.1.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Localization issue with "," as the decimal separator in some countries causing problems with the configuration file

Ido

Nice I'll try that one then. :) Just got my registration link. ^^

EDIT: when I start the tool it says value for colour (can't remember the numbers was like 5 errors) is wrong. I wonder what ores that are. :p

Last edited:
Patch v0.5.2.0

Hello all,

Current Release:
05/04/2011 Patch v0.5.2.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Localization issue with color coding in some countries causing problems with the configuration file.
You can now use:
- full color names i.e. "White",
- integer values i.e. "255, 255, 255"
- Hexadecimal values i.e. "#FFFFFF"
for color coding your claim deeds and player and drop colors.

Ido

Back