Little Big Mining Log - Miners Tool (OCR)

Ido

Stalker
Society
Planet Express
Ido Starlit Sunrider
Little Big Mining Log
Mining tracking tool with OCR capability
www.mininglog.com

Welcome to Little Big Mining Log

The purpose of this tool is to help Miners track their claims. It performs image recognition on the mining claim found to record depth size type and position. The miner can then plot his data on top of a map so he can return again to the spots where mining was most lucky to them.

With the most popular software out of commission post VU 10.0 I have took upon myself the task of providing a new feature rich tool to the miners of calypso. Development started on the 21st May 2010, with the closed beta period lasting until end of February. On 1st of March 2011 the public beta period begins.

Visit the Little Big Mining Log website for more information and downloads: www.mininglog.com

Releases:
15/11/2012 Patch v0.9.3.0 New Automated Systems:
- The tool will automatically track your position
- The tool will automatically detect you making drops
- The tool will automatically scan your claim deeds and update unknowns
- Treasure hunting for arkadia added
- Cyrene planet added
- Fix for new claim deed layout
- Fix for OCR memory leaks, with new tessa local server processes
- Fix for claim saving delay, claims stored localy then synchronized to the server
- Fix for long shutdown times and some graphics glithes
- Full framework rework to allow better expansion options
- Note: sorry for the dalay and October/November downtime... please enjoy!

28/10/2011 Patch v0.9.2.0 Little Big Mining Log gets vocal:
- She will read you all her stats
- Added setting to disable auto screenshots
- Added setting to disable the display of claim timers
- Claim Timers will now be automatically depleted once you finish excavation
- Screenshots will now be saved in folders by type/year/month/date
- Tool will no longer take global screenshots if you dont enter your username

21/10/2011 Patch v0.9.1.0 Adding the ET integration:
- Added the possibility to feed ET with chat data and gather ET gift credits
- Updated the map of Calypso with the new 3 areas - thanks Corey 'Onciest' Wray
- Added a selector for .png/.jpg with quality for screenshots of Globals
- Removed the unnecessary map Render loops to improve performance
- Minipatches that fix the update process should take you up to version 0.9.1.7

16/10/2011 PUBLIC BETA v0.9 - New Release with Statistics:
- Added Statistics window for Claim Depth Distribution
- Added functionality for Auto Capture of Screenshots for Globals, HOF, ATH, Discoveries and Skill Unlocks
- Custom Delay settings for Auto Screenshot Capture (500ms default)
- Added Timers on map for undepleted claims showing the time left for extraction
- Added a bindable key setting for Depleting of closest claim to stop the counter
- Tool windows will now remember their position and size (also a config setting)
- Fixed color coding of Arkadia Claims
- Fixed scanning of Tower Claims
- Added additional help for 304 login error

10/08/2011 Patch v0.8.2.0 Fixing the Auto Update Process:
- Fixed issue affecting Windows XP users
- Fixed updates done to the update program
We kindly ask all users to redownload this full version and we apologize
for any inconvinience and downtime post version 0.8. We hope all issues
are resolved now if not please let us know at support@mininglog.com

09/08/2011 Patch v0.8.1.0 Fixing the Auto Update Process:
- Added seperate Updater.exe executable which will deal with downloading and upgrading the software version of your tool. It will also create a backup copy of your config file in case it gets overwriten (you should then copy the old values by hand leaving the new keys intact)
- Added more search locations for settings-ce.cfg file
- Added path in the config file to specify the location of the settings-ce.cfg file

07/08/2011 PUBLIC BETA v0.8 - New Release with Auto Updater:
- Added Auto Updater which will notify you of changes and upgrade your tool
- Added Auto Update Setting in Tool Settings and Config file
- Added Option to suppress Error messages for the remainder of the session
- Added settings for integration with Entropia Tracker
- Added an option to include your ET rank on your Signature
- Added automatic game graphics settings test on tool startup
- Upgraded the About dialog box
- Increased the minimum distance from claim deed for scanning
- Increased the constraints on OCR name matching
- Increased the http timeout values for those with poor connection

28/06/2011 Patch v0.7.1.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Fixed OCR claim reading errors occuring in VU 12.0

06/06/2011 PUBLIC BETA v0.7 - New Release for Unknown Claims:
- Added Resource Selection pop-up when scaning "Unknown" resource Deed
- Added settings for Avatar Name Ranking and Dynamic Signature
- Added settings for depth and location data sharing
- Added missing location: Planet Arkadia
- Added Arkadia specific resources

11/05/2011 Patch v0.6.2.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Fixed "Error 0818" when playing in full screen mode and alt+tab-ing to map

08/05/2011 Patch v0.6.1.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Added missing location to the mining tool: Hell

01/05/2011 PUBLIC BETA v0.6 - New Release with Import and Export:
- Import claims from CSV file from any source
- Export your claims to share with friends
- Filters for exporting claims to export only a subset
- Export/Import your Drops and Runs when moving to another game station
- Fixed color codes for Rocktropia specific Resources
- Fixed date stamps for Success Screenshots

05/04/2011 Patch v0.5.2.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Localization issue with color coding in some countries causing problems with the configuration file.
You can now use:
- full color names i.e. "White",
- integer values i.e. "255, 255, 255"
- Hexadecimal values i.e. "#FFFFFF"
for color coding your claim deeds and player and drop colors.

03/04/2011 Patch v0.5.1.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Localization issue with "," as the decimal separator in some countries causing problems with the configuration file

03/04/2011 PUBLIC BETA v0.5 - New Release with Configuration File:
- LittleBigMiningLog.exe.config fileholds all configuration parameters for the tool
- The Map can now be set to appear always on top
- Added Date and Time and Coord filters for Drops
- Added Lines to the map showing Coord filter setting
- The tool will now check if all files are present on startup
- Added ScrollBar to Run Filter List
- Fixed Claim reading post VU 11.9.0 changes
- Fixed Labels for UI Icons
- Fixed problem saving Sweetstuff screenshots

09/03/2011 Patch v0.4.3.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Added Text Error Logs stored in Errors folder which you should submit for analysis
- Added Error Codes to help you help us pinpoint and fix bugs that appear
- Fixed errors introduced in the new Image recognition routines
- Error screenshots will now be stored in PNG format to reduce file size

06/03/2011 Patch v0.4.2.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Sweetstuff and Growth Molecules will be now correctly recognized
- Improved the accuracy of Image Recognition - thanks Marie 'Zacariaz' T'pol
- Using the log-out option no longer causes the application to crash
- Fixed application stability during shutdown
- Improved reliability of keybinds

03/03/2011 Patch v0.4.1.1 - patch fixing following issues:
- OutOfMemory exception sometimes caused by the Map window
- Localization problem with "," as the decimal separator in some countries

01/03/2011 PUBLIC BETA v0.4 - first beta release open to general public
- Image Recognition and Claim Deed Scanning
- Smooth running Map Interface - thanks Sarah 'Zap' Charlton
- With Awesome Custom Maps - thanks Corey 'Onciest' Wray
- With Advanced Filtering Options
- Player position tracking on Map
- Run tracking with simple hit ratio and cost statistics
- Marking Drop areas to optimize mining spread
- Hotkeys for operation without window focus

This tool is for all of you, so your feedback is most welcome.
Please share your ideas below.

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Last edited:
Looks like a very good, clean application.
One question though .. Why do you need an account ? I suppose it is to store the data on a server ?
That could be a downside. Some people won't like that. They like to have the data local..

Anyway good work ...

Reactions: Ido
WOOHOO finally :p

Looks like a very good, clean application.
One question though .. Why do you need an account ? I suppose it is to store the data on a server ?
That could be a downside. Some people won't like that. They like to have the data local..

Their loss if they dont want to use it for that reason :D

Why do you need an account ? I suppose it is to store the data on a server ?

Yes its a good question... which i will gladly answer hopefully preventing another offline/online discussion ;)

We have accounts for LBML for several reasons:
1)An account has a validated e-mail = We can get in touch with you if necessary, maybe optionally inform you of updates in the future...

2)We do server storage and client side storage of claim data = you can use the tool on many computers and your claim data will be available for re-download if your PC crashes and you don't have a backup. This way you can play on different PC's and every time you start the tool on the other PC it will grab from the server the data you generated on the first computer. (This only includes claim data - runs and drops are stored on local PC only)

3)Little Big Mining Log was envisioned as a global community tool and we plan data aggregation features similar to the projects carried out by the community like:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...148-Amethera-Mining-Resources-Maps-and-Charts
or
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...9893-Eudoria-Mining-Resources-Maps-and-Charts
These are a great community effort to help get some knowledge of whats where in the world. With LBML networking capabilities and some good data aggregation and presentation code a similar effect can be achieved ... and with little user effort (all automatic) ;)

These are some of the many reasons one can imagine why a server/network enabled application is better than a standalone one, with one copy on everyones PC ... Thanks to networking we can work as a community to achieve a common goal and maybe all benefit from our participation.

It does not necessarily mean you will be giving your specific data and best mining spots away - we plan features to allow to opt out of the data sharing, including historical data collected during the beta test phases. More information will be given out once we come closer to a release featuring any data aggregation.

We also have plans of releasing at some point a Stand-Alone version that will not do any server side data storage to facilitate the need of some Miners, but this is not our current priority and you should not expect it to come very soon, certainly not in the beta stages. Possibly soon after the first Golden release ;)

Hope this answers your question and clarifies LBML's position on data storage.

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Last edited:
I am currently using it and it is AWESOME!

3)Little Big Mining Log was envisioned as a global community tool and we plan data aggregation features similar to the projects carried out by the community like:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...148-Amethera-Mining-Resources-Maps-and-Charts
or
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...9893-Eudoria-Mining-Resources-Maps-and-Charts
These are a great community effort to help get some knowledge of whats where in the world. With LBML networking capabilities and some good data aggregation and presentation code a similar effect can be achieved ... and with little user effort (all automatic) ;)

So you'll be offering the data collected to the community for free? Or will you be selling the information to the users as an addition to the logger?

So you'll be offering the data collected to the community for free? Or will you be selling the information to the users as an addition to the logger?

very good question...
However if I am able to block ALL my data from being shared at the point where the features start to be implemented I am fine either way. As I got it in the explaining post that is the case? :)

The current plan is to release general "low granularity" data for free like general maps... something similar to the data available currently on the forum (but constantly updated by the system)... everyone using the map features of the mining log would take part in contributing to this since they also benefit from it ... if someone opts out then they loose access or something similar to that concept... Possibly a point reward system for logged data which you can exchange for benefits or "ghosting" = not sharing data at all.

It is still not clear how things will settle plans are many and i think in due time the community will help me come to a consensus what is the right course of action and how the tool should evolve...

But to answer most of your concerns the data collected right now is not meant for sharing with other members through aggregation etc it is meant for your backup and data safety in case you loose your local files and also potential stress testing to see what our servers can handle. It is also built in as an architecture foundation for the aforementioned systems that will come in later releases.

Once they do come you as a user will have the option to decide if you don't wish your data entered into the new system.

How this will happen or when ... it is yet to be decided.

Right now the tool has still a long way to go through beta testing and I invite you all to give it a try even if only to log a few Lyst and Oil claims on the Archipelago like i did for the last month while in testing ;)

Ido

I was excited for nothing it looks..
I suppose there is still no app that will work with no connection to a server. Too bad.

Any other programmers out there willing to work on such a project? With NO connection to any server and no data storage on some other computer and some extra features?

I was excited for nothing it looks..
I suppose there is still no app that will work with no connection to a server. Too bad.

Any other programmers out there willing to work on such a project? With NO connection to any server and no data storage on some other computer and some extra features?

Be patient a Stand Alone version with no server ties will come in due time ;)

What extra features would you like to suggest?

Ido

Ability to scan screens from a folder and add those resources to a map. That would be a nice feature, because some people may keep those someplace.

Ability to zoom on the map up to the level where you can have an area of 1000x1000m, even if you do not see the texture at that point, jut the location of claims. And the ability to save such states of screen as jpg. Print screen would do I suppose. This feature is something I would like, but is not the most important of all.
Such things would be nice to have printed, with no texture for map, just the coordinates.

Ability to filter by run, finder, amp, area, resource, time.

Ability to import/export data.

Display a graph with loot histogram. For each claim size, a segment proportional with the amount of claims of that size...

I would never install a program that connects to a server for whatever reason. Especially one that has access to my keyboard. However, I would pay for a complete mining application.

Be patient a Stand Alone version with no server ties will come in due time ;)

What extra features would you like to suggest?

Ido

When that is the case... will we be able to import the data we collected with the current beta version?

Ability to scan screens from a folder and add those resources to a map. That would be a nice feature, because some people may keep those someplace.

This feature is planned however JPEG compression makes image recognition much harder, if BMP or PNG files would be available the system for this is already in place just waiting for the Import/Export extension of the little big mining log planned for a future release.

Ability to zoom on the map up to the level where you can have an area of 1000x1000m, even if you do not see the texture at that point, jut the location of claims. And the ability to save such states of screen as jpg. Print screen would do I suppose. This feature is something I would like, but is not the most important of all.
Such things would be nice to have printed, with no texture for map, just the coordinates.

Currently the Little Big Mining Log allows you to zoom in even further than that ... to around 10x10 meters i would have to calculate exactly ;) the option to turn off the background and add text labels under all claim markers to identify all resource deeds at once for "Black and White" printing is an interesting option, we will most certainly consider implementing it.

Ability to filter by run, finder, amp, area, resource, time.

Area Resource Time Size Depth - already implemented
Finder, Amp - We do not support tool specification only cost of decay for cost calculation
Runs - you can filter out the drop markers for specific runs, i guess it would be also interesting to show/hide claims related to that run.

Ability to import/export data.

Its coming! :)

Display a graph with loot histogram. For each claim size, a segment proportional with the amount of claims of that size...

Various statistics of personal data inside the tool are planned ;) this will include various cross section views of your mining data.

I would never install a program that connects to a server for whatever reason. Especially one that has access to my keyboard. However, I would pay for a complete mining application.

Its Your free choice to do so or not.
Access to the keyboard can be easily disabled in the LBML with -nokeybinds parameter during program execution we even provide a simple bat script that does that so you don't have to create your own shortcut or go through the console to run the program.
Its nice to hear you would be willing to support a standalone application with a purchase, like i mentioned before I am strongly considering launching a Stand Alone application for the miners who do not wish to run a Server Enabled Tool. Stay tuned ;)

When that is the case... will we be able to import the data we collected with the current beta version?

Yes, the data is stored on the server and unless a catastrophic event occurs you will always have access to your CLAIM data from any place in the world from any version of the application (except for the Stand Alone version when we release one, for obvious reasons). Import Export options will also be available giving you the freedom to move the data from the web enabled application to the Stand Alone version.

So once the Stand Alone version is released you will have to use the Web Enabled version to Download your user data from the server, Export it to a file then use the Stand Alone version and Import the data from the file.

Ido

Patch v0.4.1.1

Hello all,

Today we release a patch for the Little Big Mining Log:

Current Release:
03/03/2011 Patch v0.4.1.1 - patch fixing following issues:
- OutOfMemory exception sometimes caused by the Map window
- Localization problem with "," as the decimal separator in some countries

grab it here: www.mininglog.com

Remember to check your settings after applying the patch they might be altered to default.

Ido

Last edited:
Ido,

great idea, I have been thinking about doing this for about 5 years, just never took the time to bother with it, +rep for trying ;)

1) What programming language are you using to do this?
2) Can you share the 'basic' source, so as you ensure no password grabbing/key logger sorta stuff?
3) How long has this been in development?

Ido,

great idea, I have been thinking about doing this for about 5 years, just never took the time to bother with it, +rep for trying ;)

2) Can you share the 'basic' source, so as you ensure no password grabbing/key logger sorta stuff?
3) How long has this been in development?

MA mode ON
We cannot disclose this information to help prevent reverse engineering or recompilation.

Our source code is proprietary information and we will not disclose it without a proper Legal agreement in place (NDA or Other).

3)How long has this been in development?
"Development started on the 21st May 2010, with the closed beta period lasting until end of February. On 1st of March 2011 the public beta period begins.", So the Tool was in development for 284 days of 9 months and 8 days. I did however have ~3-4 months break in Q4 2010 shortly after the release of Private Beta version 0.3.
MA mode OFF

I know i didn't answer 2 of 3 of your questions sufficiently so lets try this again:
Ido mode ON
What i can say is that for some parts you will need the .Net Framework and for other the DirectX End-User Runtime. And other parts and technologies will remain a secret.

All i can do is give you my assurance the software does not store any pressed keys for a period longer than needed to analyze what key was pressed and take appropriate action. This is done in a callback function from SetWindowsHookEx where the wParam value is compared to those stored in the settings and an appropriate code function is launched: for dropping a bomb/probe, undo action or scan. After this code finishes the function closes discarding the variable.

3)How long has this been in development?
I think i answered this one sufficiently above, but i can add this tool is mostly developed in my spare time sometimes even late in the night when everyone is sleeping ; ).
Ido mode OFF

Ido

Its nice to hear you would be willing to support a standalone application with a purchase, like i mentioned before I am strongly considering launching a Stand Alone application for the miners who do not wish to run a Server Enabled Tool. Stay tuned ;)

I would pay for this too. No login. No network exchange at all.

same here. as if could have code aspublic would rest alotof people also.

same here. as if could have code aspublic would rest alotof people also.

I can see a the need for a Stand Alone version in the community.

And It is decided Little Big Mining Log will come in two flavors:
- Networking version,
which was the intended direction, networking features, multi user data aggregation, many bells and whistles
- Stand Alone version,
a branch off from the main tool, a solid well rounded application for day to day mining logging.

How does that sound?

Ido

I can see a the need for a Stand Alone version in the community.

And It is decided Little Big Mining Log will come in two flavors:
- Networking version,
which was the intended direction, networking features, multi user data aggregation, many bells and whistles
- Stand Alone version,
a branch off from the main tool, a solid well rounded application for day to day mining logging.

How does that sound?

Ido

Sounds good. Especially, with import\export data - maybe i'll decide to move to networking version from standalone, who knows?

Sounds good. Especially, with import\export data - maybe i'll decide to move to networking version from standalone, who knows?

yes if you can make the import/export function work properly between the two versions then that step to split the development between offline and online will be awesome ! :)

hello
this is for sure one of the best miner logger built for EU ever!!!!!!! and the reputation of this guy is pristine, so you can use it with no troubles. If you are looking for a mining software you can stop to look around.
DC

I must say that this all look very nice and I really don't mind being put out of business (Yes, I'm the mining Logger dude), however, before I make a decision on what to do in the future, I'd very much like to hear people experiences with this software. So far I've found no feedback on how well it work and such. Do it read the claim correctly every time? How long does it take for a claim to be read? and so on and so forth.

It would be a waste of time for me to continue my endeavour if this works like a charm, but it would also be a shame to do development all together if it don't.

I think is better to respond by PM, but do remember that this is not about my software. (changes are coming, if development continue, but this is neither the time or the place for such announcements.)

Best regards.

I must say that this all look very nice and I really don't mind being put out of business (Yes, I'm the mining Logger dude), however, before I make a decision on what to do in the future, I'd very much like to hear people experiences with this software. So far I've found no feedback on how well it work and such. Do it read the claim correctly every time? How long does it take for a claim to be read? and so on and so forth.

It would be a waste of time for me to continue my endeavour if this works like a charm, but it would also be a shame to do development all together if it don't.

I think is better to respond by PM, but do remember that this is not about my software. (changes are coming, if development continue, but this is neither the time or the place for such announcements.)

Best regards.

Hi Zacariaz,

Thank you for posting.
The tool is out in the public for 3 days now, of course some bugs where already found..
some are corrected, others are soon to be corrected. As with any software in beta.

If you are curious how well it works please download it and give it a go!
And feel free to share your opinion and creative comments here with others.

I didn't intend to put you out of business. I think a little competition helps us make our tools better!
If you decide to abandon your development which i wish you don't, i hope at least it wont be because of me.

Ido

Hi Zacariaz,

Thank you for posting.
The tool is out in the public for 3 days now, of course some bugs where already found..
some are corrected, others are soon to be corrected. As with any software in beta.

If you are curious how well it works please download it and give it a go!
And feel free to share your opinion and creative comments here with others.

I didn't intend to put you out of business. I think a little competition helps us make our tools better!
If you decide to abandon your development which i wish you don't, i hope at least it wont be because of me.

Ido

If the Mining logger is abandoned, it will be because of you, but you shouldn't feel bad about that, remember that I only put in the work because no one else had.

Even so, competition is good there is two problems. Firstly, while the future mining logger may be better at what it does, it will no compare to what you're offering feature wise. Basically it will only extract the information and put it in a file. There will me no map interface and such, which mean that people will have to use a third party to get the data graphically presented. I think few will bother if they can get the solution in one package. Secondly I really hoped to be able to earn a buck or two, nothing big. Was thinking something like $10 a year or maybe even a similar small amount of money for a lifetime use of the software. However, if you're providing the service for free, that will likely not work out.

At best I think I could put out and OCR solution for all developers to use, but again it would be a lot of work and if the prospect is that it's being overshadowed by something better, it's really not worth it I think.

Well, enough whining :D

I'd really like to try it out, however I'm broke as always, IRL as well as in game, so that's really not an option. Was hoping for some user experiences. Though I thought it had been out for a lot longer. No wonder I hadn't heard about it before ;)

hi ido,
i've downloaded your app, mostly out of curiosity, since i'm not a miner myself, and it looks really really nice :thumbup: it gives an impression of a professional, clean and polished piece of software.

however, i tried to scan some old claims that i had stored on my PC, and i couldn't make it work. of course, this might not have anything to do with your code, since most probably it is due to how claims are currently rendered in EU, compared with how they were in the past. have you tried your app with old claim screenshots?

hi ido,
i've downloaded your app, mostly out of curiosity, since i'm not a miner myself, and it looks really really nice :thumbup: it gives an impression of a professional, clean and polished piece of software.

however, i tried to scan some old claims that i had stored on my PC, and i couldn't make it work. of course, this might not have anything to do with your code, since most probably it is due to how claims are currently rendered in EU, compared with how they were in the past. have you tried your app with old claim screenshots?

Could very well be because the screenshot are saved in a non lossless format like jpeg. If however they're are saved in a lossless format like png, bmp, tiff, etc. it's probably some real old claims.

hi ido,

Hi Jdegre,

Its nice to see my tool caught your attention.

I would like to explain, that it does not allow scanning of screenshots for data integrity reasons.
What it does is, it scans the game widow to ensure the data is not falsified or tampered with.

Its one of many security features intended for future use with data aggregation where deposit existence maps are created, so that the abuse of the system for individual gain is prevented (example land owner falsifying data to draw miners to their barren LA).

A future release will include import export options but i doubt we will provide features for image scanning of old deeds. But if there is a general justified need for that we will find a solution :D

And again for anyone wanting to try out the tool in action i recommended rookie gear (10 pec a drop) with 2-3 ped you are bound to hit something :D

Ido

And again for anyone wanting to try out the tool in action i recommended rookie gear (10 pec a drop) with 2-3 ped you are bound to hit something :D

Ido

10 PEC per drop? Have I missed something? I'll sure to check it out when I get home if that's the case.

Back