Help: Login Failed

Yeah well it's actually easy to avoid by not shutting down the updater when it is freezing and like doing nothing else such as reading forums when updating. Of course it is annoying and I also told them so (as you can see) but there is not much they can do about this at the moment. Not like they have any possible OS/Hardware combination on the market to test their VUs.

It worked nicely till the second patch came.. my mouseclicks don't work any more ingame.. lol, can't even log out now :laugh:
My only way is to take the backdoor (alt-tab) out and kill the game.

Alt-F4 closes any current window/program

Yup, let the updater finish its job.

Replying to a sarcstic twat with a sensible answer.....

Read the opening post, i'll quote it incase you dont wanna look back, please pay particualr attension to the bold and underlined part.

When I first opened client loader i got the downlod for the new patch, but after it downloaded it stopped responding during install, so I closed and opened client again starting the whole procedure again, but now i'm getting the above error.

Yeah well it's actually easy to avoid by not shutting down the updater when it is freezing and like doing nothing else such as reading forums when updating. Of course it is annoying and I also told them so (as you can see) but there is not much they can do about this at the moment. Not like they have any possible OS/Hardware combination on the market to test their VUs.

lol when it says "program not responding" for 10 minutes..

i would shut it down as i did. now it's completed teh install. and still won't let me ingame with the damn error.

Don't know if you already read it but as I posted: yep it stops responding but it is still updating so just wait and don't do anything else. If you abort you risk getting a corrupt file which will most likely force you to reinstall the entire EU.

Can't do more than repeating this lines. Take it or leave it that's what I've been through (needed to redownlaod 3 times) and what support told me also what other players have experienced (see the thread I linked). So either take this advice or keep on bitching and moaning and insulting whatever.

I does that, it also completely freezes the windows UI sometimes and te process says "Not Responding" BUT...it is still running, DO NOT abort, then you will have a corrupt installation.

Well maybe they need to fix this bug too, because is wondows says somethings NOT RESPONDING it usualy infact always means just that!

Well maybe they need to fix this bug too, because is wondows says somethings NOT RESPONDING it usualy infact always means just that!

In my experience windows will often say "Not responding" when it is very busy. It was like that with xp pro and now with Windows 7 64 bit.

Don't know if you already read it but as I posted: yep it stops responding but it is still updating so just wait and don't do anything else. If you abort you risk getting a corrupt file which will most likely force you to reinstall the entire EU.

Can't do more than repeating this lines. Take it or leave it that's what I've been through (needed to redownlaod 3 times) and what support told me also what other players have experienced (see the thread I linked). So either take this advice or keep on bitching and moaning and insulting whatever.

Nah the only reason i checked EF was cuz it fucked up a bunch of times.

it's not like i'm gonna leave a program thats not responding and run to EF for answers..

In my experience windows will often say "Not responding" when it is very busy. It was like that with xp pro and now with Windows 7 64 bit.

Yep, this is because Windows polls running processes (has a chat 'Hey Mate, you still alive?', 'Yeah Mr W I'm cool'), if the process is too busy to respond, because some really clever person made it run flat out without breaking for a couple of 1000's of a second to respond to Mr W, then Mr W gets pissed at being ignored and issues the 'Not Responding'. Programs aren't always written without bugs, and sometimes these faults result in error conditions that don't actually befit the problem. In this case Mr W is perfectly within rights to think somethings up. Thx for the headsup Az, I'd have prolly killed it too :ahh:

there's a new patch, now.

try that.

new patch made no difference.

I'm gonna try to stay impartial here.

I understand that Az Bloodz you are trying to help but the wording of your posts is what is setting people against you. If you had just posted what happened in your experience in past with your support case or a link to a previous thread we'd be happy and thats that, you complained about how I reported my bugas if i was stupid for posting, remember some people know jack shit about computers other than how to turn it on & dbl click the EU icon.

For the ones that say JUST LEAVE IT..... If something on my computer stops working and the bar says (NOT RESPONDING) it usualy means just that and i would automaticly stop the process and restart it, so you bitching like i'm stupid for stopping it does not help things.

To MA/FPC, if you have a serious problem where your downloader freeze's and you know about this (as stated in Az Bloodz support case), then maybe you should let the ENTIRE community know by way of a post on your login screen or email to all god knows you got all our email address' and 1 email typed and sent to ALL is pretty easy and would eradicate all these threads which turn into player Vs player threads when really MA/FPC is the one we should be venting anger at!

so... 10.5.2 is out?? and my launcher isn't detecting it.. mines still 10.5.1

and no update is poppin.

and thanks indahouse for clearing that up ^
|

i'd also like to point out the timing of the version update/patch....

They done the patch the bugered off home leaving us all with ZERO support other than EF so ofc this is where I came for my help, who else would I call? Ghost busters? :holyshit:

P.s. downloading ENTIRE EU AGAIN!

Yep, this is because Windows polls running processes (has a chat 'Hey Mate, you still alive?', 'Yeah Mr W I'm cool'), if the process is too busy to respond, because some really clever person made it run flat out without breaking for a couple of 1000's of a second to respond to Mr W, then Mr W gets pissed at being ignored and issues the 'Not Responding'. Programs aren't always written without bugs, and sometimes these faults result in error conditions that don't actually befit the problem. In this case Mr W is perfectly within rights to think somethings up. Thx for the headsup Az, I'd have prolly killed it too :ahh:

I do know why it happens ;) I just thought it wouldn't help to get too technical.
I suspect it as likely to be the windows api causing the "Not responding" freeze as it is to be MA's software.
@InDaHouse. I got the impression Az was just trying to help but sometimes we all read things differently when communicating on the intermaweb.
Hope you get it sorted :)

I understand that Az Bloodz you are trying to help but the wording of your posts is what is setting people against you. If you had just posted what happened in your experience in past with your support case or a link to a previous thread we'd be happy and thats that, you complained about how I reported my bugas if i was stupid for posting, remember some people know jack shit about computers other than how to turn it on & dbl click the EU icon.

I am sorry. English is not my first language that's something everyone should keep in mind and yes, I was a bit annoyed since people are getting lazy. Before I made a thread about this bug I used the search function. That's the least to expect in my opinion however no offense intended.

According to someone's posts (forgot his name) in my thread about this another update won't helpt. The file that was about to be updated when you aborted the updater due to no responding is corrupted now. It's literally broken you need a 'clean' one before applying any newer update else it won't work.

Just a little tipp: as soon as EU is working for you copy it to another folder/burn it on CD. If you experiencing such a problem you can simply replace the 'broken' EU with the saved files so you just have around 6 minutes copy/past work instead of downloading for hours.

FYI its due to the poor threading by the Visual Patch software that causes this issue, but as I said, I understand why people are aborting when it says Not Responding and you cant do shit on your computer cause everything freezez, BUT...dont abort, it is still running :p

My suggestion.

When the patch starts to download, go out of the room and make a cup of tea.

Come back in 15 minutes.

Entropia has encrypted data now and so takes a bit longer to patch than previously.

[YOUTUBE]r7kypwkFcXI[/YOUTUBE]

wow the only fix is to reinstall EU.. feckers..

good thing i burnt 10.0 onto a dvd.

I am sorry. English is not my first language that's something everyone should keep in mind and yes, I was a bit annoyed since people are getting lazy. Before I made a thread about this bug I used the search function. That's the least to expect in my opinion however no offense intended.

Just a little tipp: as soon as EU is working for you copy it to another folder/burn it on CD. If you experiencing such a problem you can simply replace the 'broken' EU with the saved files so you just have around 6 minutes copy/past work instead of downloading for hours.

Well I did check recent posts and nothing about this, as yours was last VU i never expected to look back as i thought it was something new (obviously).

So I guess we are both right in our own ways :)

Anyways about your tip? Would my copy not be out of date as soon as the patch is done or say in 1-2 VU's time? Just checking here.

My suggestion.

Come back in 15 minutes.

Entropia has encrypted data now and so takes a bit longer to patch than previously.

all i can say is just lol

Anyways about your tip? Would my copy not be out of date as soon as the patch is done or say in 1-2 VU's time? Just checking here.

True but it would redownload the previous VUs too. So if there was no bigger one you won't wait too long. In the end you'll save about 3 GB anyways. Just do a new copy after every major [larger] VU that's what I am doing (Simply copied the Entropia Universe Folder to another partition).

True but it would redownload the previous VUs too. So if there was no bigger one you won't wait too long. In the end you'll save about 3 GB anyways. Just do a new copy after every major [larger] VU that's what I am doing (Simply copied the Entropia Universe Folder to another partition).

cool good tip.

Reply from my support

2009-12-10 18:01 You wrote:

I got this error when loggin in after 10.5....

Loading Failed. this may indicate missing or corrupt Client data.

If problem persists then contact support for assistance.

When I first opened client loader i got the downlod for the new patch, but after it downloaded it stopped responding during install, so I closed and opened client again starting the whole procedure again, but now i'm getting the above error.

Regards,
Paul

2009-12-10 20:21 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Paul,

Try downloading the whole installation file via this direct link and run a clean installation: http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.co....3.1/entropia_universe_10.3.0.36270_setup.exe

Remember to save the file on your computer so you dont have to download the whole file again in case of issues requiring another reinstallation.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

I got the same answer, and I tried this, but the problem is still the same...

My suggestion.

Come back in 15 minutes.

mmhhhhh :)

I didnt abort anything and still ended up with this error, verification thingy doesnt find any problems. Had backed up the install file but thats apparently not a valid win32 application now so i guess i'll start my 8th 10.x download :(

1 hour and 11 mins since the download using link provided by support my DL window STILL says its verifiying.

I did get a window to ask if i wanted to Run the programme and nothing since, my computer is doing something as my red light to say HD is working is constantly flickering but I had no sign of visual progress.....

Shoudl it take this long, is it broke or am i just a lost cause that MA/FPC no longetr care about?

ABSOLUTELY SHITE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

and no wonder we whine on EF sooooooooo much!

Ok, let's start this with a bit of concept.

Saio, check your version.txt file in the EU folder.

It should look like this:

[VersionInfo]
CurrentVersion=10.5.1.38212

If not, something went wrong, the easiest solution is to uninstall EU, delete all remaining folders by hand (thats important, you might have 2 folders, old installation was "c:\Program Files\Mindark\ newer installtions go to "c:\Program Files\Entropia Universe\") and download it from the direct link support gave you - this one:

Hi Paul,

Try downloading the whole installation file via this direct link and run a clean installation: http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.co....3.1/entropia_universe_10.3.0.36270_setup.exe

Remember to save the file on your computer so you dont have to download the whole file again in case of issues requiring another reinstallation.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

If the installation takes long/freezes, just let it run, you might have been better of to defrag the drive before installing it - one of the reasons why it might take so long.

Last edited:
I'm about ready to punch someone or break some walls down.

Had DL running last night while i was sleeping. I use mozilla so d/ling is awesome. but when i woke up i got the error that there was an error and D/L stopped.

So now i'm at my Lab.. working and bandwidth is so shitty i'm re-dling at 30kbs...

i've had it running for 2hours. and it's 8% done... omfg..

lol. well lemme go break a few things. for now

p.s. woot it peaks around 80 then drops back down to 30. /sigh

I'm about ready to punch someone or break some walls down.

Had DL running last night while i was sleeping. I use mozilla so d/ling is awesome. but when i woke up i got the error that there was an error and D/L stopped.

So now i'm at my Lab.. working and bandwidth is so shitty i'm re-dling at 30kbs...

i've had it running for 2hours. and it's 8% done... omfg..

lol. well lemme go break a few things. for now

p.s. woot it peaks around 80 then drops back down to 30. /sigh

The full installation is hosted on several external mirrors - you "should" be able to download it as fast as your line allows...

However, packet losses can significantly slowdown the transfer, i recommend to get the trial version of getright and download 4 or 5 slices at once, best speed & supports resume.

If that won't work ring up your ISP and give them some heat... :D

Back