Longtooths sighted in Port Atlantis and near Camp Icarus

Same ol' same ol'

As per usual, a big "FAIL" to Mindark for posting the usual bullshit locations for this "event"....people go there but find nothing but server lag and a waste of time. Same old shit, different day, same shitty tactics from an arrogant, greedy company. So fucking sick and tired of MA

Oh get off it. Let them fix the lag issue. Geez.

need_bathroom_break_cant_stop_shooting... omg it hurts :eyecrazy:

This is a really useful troubleshooting technique in IT. Try to reproduce a problem on demand so that you can monitor and work out just what is going on. It's their best shot at determining a cause and finding a fix.

MA are doing a positive thing here. They warned us and explained the reasons. But folks are upset. That's just a bit stupid.

The only thing I might have done differently (and they may have actually done this - I have not been online for some hours), is post something in game similar to the server restart messages. eg "Server stress test starting in x minutes. See FB for details" or similar. Because I knew something like this was about to happen I would probably avoid starting an instance run or a space trip.

Oh get off it. Let them fix the lag issue. Geez.

but yet, they still make cash off of us...charging us to "test" their servers

This is a really useful troubleshooting technique in IT. Try to reproduce a problem on demand so that you can monitor and work out just what is going on. It's their best shot at determining a cause and finding a fix.

MA are doing a positive thing here. They warned us and explained the reasons. But folks are upset. That's just a bit stupid.

The only thing I might have done differently (and they may have actually done this - I have not been online for some hours), is post something in game similar to the server restart messages. eg "Server stress test starting in x minutes. See FB for details" or similar. Because I knew something like this was about to happen I would probably avoid starting an instance run or a space trip.

"Stupid"??? You think my reaction is stupid? Open your eyes!!! Are you kidding??? It's bloody brilliant (on MA's part, anyway)!

"Hey! I gotta GREAT idea! Let's test our servers and make a bunch of cash at the same time. We'll let the suckers jump all over this event even though our servers can't handle the load. They'll blow off a shit load of ammo, tell them that mobs are in one place then put them in another making them spend a bunch more in ME for their TP chips", and whatever else screws up and costs US PED.

How about this:

MA: "We will be stress-testing our servers in 10 minutes. This test will last for 6 hours. During this time, you will not incur any cost for consumables or decay. However, any loot/globals/HOFs/ATHs will NOT be credited to your account. This is only a test in order to make our system the best it can be so that you can get the maximum enjoyment out of our platform". (ok, I haven't worded this in the best way but I hope you get the gist of my message).

Wouldn't this be a better way? Why should WE pay for testing out their system when, as EVERYONE else does, they should do it IN HOUSE before releasing it?

Basically, what I'm asking for is "quid pro quo"---we test their servers, they don't charge us for it. We still get "the thrill of the hunt" and they get to debug their system. What's wrong with that?

Just my :twocents:

Last edited:
Thanks MindArk for doing this event!! ...and thanks for all the goodies in the loot earlier today :yay:

"Stupid"??? You think my reaction is stupid? Open your eyes!!! Are you kidding??? It's bloody brilliant (on MA's part, anyway)!

"Hey! I gotta GREAT idea! Let's test our servers and make a bunch of cash at the same time. We'll let the suckers jump all over this event even though our servers can't handle the load. They'll blow off a shit load of ammo, tell them that mobs are in one place then put them in another making them spend a bunch more in ME for their TP chips", and whatever else screws up and costs US PED.

How about this:

MA: "We will be stress-testing our servers in 10 minutes. This test will last for 6 hours. During this time, you will not incur any cost for consumables or decay. However, any loot/globals/HOFs/ATHs will NOT be credited to your account. This is only a test in order to make our system the best it can be so that you can get the maximum enjoyment out of our platform". (ok, I haven't worded this in the best way but I hope you get the gist of my message).

Wouldn't this be a better way? Why should WE pay for testing out their system when, as EVERYONE else does, they should do it IN HOUSE before releasing it?

Basically, what I'm asking for is "quid pro quo"---we test their servers, they don't charge us for it. We still get "the thrill of the hunt" and they get to debug their system. What's wrong with that?

Just my :twocents:

All i have to say is... if you actually did the event.. you would likely delete your posts. You'll regret bitching and not participating. I wish I could have stayed.

If this is how you think MA operates then you should stop playing immediately. Cash out and fucking quit. Because it truly would be stupid to allow them anywhere near your money given your belief.

Exactly

Mindark understood that people would be somewhat upset, that's why we decided to not spawn bosses and high of maturities of Longtooth.

This is great feedback, thank you very much.

Cheers,

Exactly

Mindark understood that people would be somewhat upset, that's why we decided to not spawn bosses and high of maturities of Longtooth.

This is great feedback, thank you very much.

Cheers,

Any news on the server / login issues?
Small headsup or something wouldn't hurt?

Any news on the server / login issues?
Small headsup or something wouldn't hurt?

Yep a fix for the internal error would be nice. Stuck at login again with Internal Error.

I wish I'd read the last part of the 'event' on the splash screen as I didn't realize this was a 'test' of your system at the cost of my peds. :(

Anyway - to try to be constructive - Before I went out to hunt them I was at PA and experiencing a lot of lag. I shut down my chat to a channel on another planet and the lag almost immediately stopped. Of course it eventually came back.

I have many friends showing for past couple of days on my fl that are not on-line.

I adjusted to remove the loot window since the numbers disappeared on the items. I didn't get loot information in another place so I put it back to loot window. Now it's logging all of the globals even though I don't have it set to do that.

I wish I'd read the last part of the 'event' on the splash screen as I didn't realize this was a 'test' of your system at the cost of my peds. :(

In all fairness.. MA stuffed them full of all kinds of nice items and kept them looting for as long as possible. Everyone seemed to be getting the high value ELM guns. I had zero significant loots considering how much I cycled and came out at a TT value loss but because of all of that ELM stuff, the hunt resulted in me being ahead by thousands of peds after an 8 hour grind.

I got 160 ELM guns and 7 non-ELM... and others got a ton too

Now after a couple hour break and starting to hunt them again, the ELM drops have stopped but TT returns seem better.

In all fairness.. MA stuffed them full of all kinds of nice items and kept them looting for as long as possible. Everyone seemed to be getting the high value ELM guns. I had zero significant loots considering how much I cycled and came out at a TT value loss but because of all of that ELM stuff, the hunt resulted in me being ahead by thousands of peds after an 8 hour grind.

I got 160 ELM guns and 7 non-ELM... and others got a ton too

Now after a couple hour break and starting to hunt them again, the ELM drops have stopped but TT returns seem better.

OMG, gz on the loot! Wish I was hunting them...

OMG, gz on the loot! Wish I was hunting them...

It was a great day :yay:

About an hour after Taco got his 3K, I went on another run and did very well... half way into my run, Taco stopped crafting and came back and got another 1K from Longtooth.

In total today, I got 173 (L) weapons.

Ill be buying more storage containers :laugh:

It was 100% worth dealing with the lag, thin spawn, overcrowding, and bugs.

It was a great day :yay:

About an hour after Taco got his 3K, I went on another run and did very well... half way into my run, Taco stopped crafting and came back and got another 1K from Longtooth.

In total today, I got 173 (L) weapons.

Ill be buying more storage containers :laugh:

It was 100% worth dealing with the lag, thin spawn, overcrowding, and bugs.

really grats :) it is shitloads mu i guess.

Last edited:

It was a lot of MU... Toward the end of the event most of the MU stopped and the TT returns increased.

haha wow 173 (L) christmas came early, grats :)
I only had the fortune to play for 30minutes then i never could log back in. However managed to grab myself ~10 ELM's i think.
But theese will sure come in handy for many during the Mayhem.

Also saw someone loot a jaguar (UL) part.
Do you know if there was any other fun UL things dropped?

I think just the Jag helm looted.

haha wow 173 (L) christmas came early, grats :)
I only had the fortune to play for 30minutes then i never could log back in. However managed to grab myself ~10 ELM's i think.
But theese will sure come in handy for many during the Mayhem.

Also saw someone loot a jaguar (UL) part.
Do you know if there was any other fun UL things dropped?

Think too many weapons dropped really.
Found one worth 1ped with 14000% markup, dropped to 10000% markup in a few hours. :(

Only UL i've seen were jaguar parts.

Think too many weapons dropped really.
Found one worth 1ped with 14000% markup, dropped to 10000% markup in a few hours. :(

Only UL i've seen were jaguar parts.

The LC-35 ELM is the one that's normally ~14k% (140 PED)... Every time we see LongTooth they drop to ~100 PED.

Most who loot them, use them, then supply runs low and they go back up to 140 PED.

The price drops every time and it's nothing new.

The LC-35 ELM is the one that's normally ~14k% (140 PED)... Every time we see LongTooth they drop to ~100 PED.

Most who loot them, use them, then supply runs low and they go back up to 140 PED.

The price drops every time and it's nothing new.

I'll hold onto it for a while then, unless we get more longtooths soon. :yup:

Is that MU reasonable for a 1 PED weapon, i mean total shots per weapon compared to one with higher TT.
They sure seems nice tho.
I have only used the ELM melee weapons and i think its outstanding long lasting.
Guess ill have to take a peek at entropedia

Is that MU reasonable for a 1 PED weapon, i mean total shots per weapon compared to one with higher TT.
They sure seems nice tho.
I have only used the ELM melee weapons and i think its outstanding long lasting.
Guess ill have to take a peek at entropedia

The one i found has good damage, seen others using it to kill longtooths.
Guess it can be profitable to pay for it.

The one i found has good damage, seen others using it to kill longtooths.
Guess it can be profitable to pay for it.

Nice!, i think ill use mine, must try them out :)

every single killed were dropin 2 ELM weap,
wonder if it was a bug
quickly stoped by a server downtime

Yeah it won't be much mu anytime soon though, but these are a easy to save :)

I think just the Jag helm looted.

I think some a104's looted too...

Had to finally stop shooting but was at 152 ELM and 15 regular tt guns when I was done about 12 hours straight of LT and now I have leave for work on like 3 hours sleep :D

Back