Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
Hello and welcome to

- - Longu Land! - -
longuscreenie.gif

Longu Land is now in its initial phase. The spawnrates of the longu are slowly increasing as the sabakumas are getting more and more rare.
It is my intent to make this grounds good hunting areas for the "middle class" hunters with medium mob maturity and good spawnrates.

The Longu is a mob with decent drops at the same time as it should be managable for the average Calypsian.

We still remember loots like improved mk2 AND mod ff4400 ;) from this creature.

In this initial phase the tax both for hunting and mining is set to 4%. This is to cover the fertiliser needed to keep the spawn density up.

The location of Longu Land can be found on the map below. I suggest using the Teleport at the yellow arrow if you already have visited this one.
Currently there are a rather large population of atrox roaming the area so be on guard both on your way to - and in Longu Land.

themap.jpg

For the unexperienced hunter I have collected some damage information from the the different longu maturities:

Longu young unarmored : 39 dmg
Longu young to vig : 28 dmg
Longu young to rascal : 22 dmg
Longu young to nemesis : 21 dmg

Longu mature unarmored : 56 dmg
Longu mature to rascal : 36 dmg
Longu mature to nemesis : 31 dmg

Longu old unarmored : 69 dmg
Longu old to nemesis : 42 dmg

Might be an idea to team up if you want to stay clear of trouble. ;)
Unfortunately there are currently no revival terminals available on site.

When it comes to minerals and enmatters I must ask for the community to give me feedback on this. I dropped a couple of probes and bombes and found some zinc, melchi and oil. If anyone finds something else please let me know :)

Regards. Akoz

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know :)

Did mod FF drop recently from longu? I only knew of armax (pregold) and the neconu one by agrippa.

If saba spawn is low I'll drop by for sure :D

total bshit - only 2 MOD FF are ingame - first looted or he was first confirmed owner- by CyberAK (if i remember correct) from Armax bull, other from neconu by agrippa.

its not nice to disinform pplz with false info.

long time ago longus droped ff8M i think or ff4400m - one of these ... but not sure.... never looted... cant confirm....

yes - imk2 droped from longus long long time ago. but never heard about any confirmed drop last 1,5-2 years....

shootguns are droping now - nr 1 and deluxe one btw too, 2875 pistols.... other drop are crap i quess....

actualy it would be nice from forum moderators watch over a litle bit and delete total disinformating posts (i dont point on this post, juniors cant know all PE history...) from land owners... because this can start litle spam about this cases :)

Thanks for letting me know. By mistake I mixed up the mod ff4400 with the more common ff4400M. The post has been updated.

And yes of course it is a good while since the imk2 drop :)

Edit: see etopias post below. Seems I was mistaking in mistaking :)

Last edited:
Akoz said:
According to lodidi the first Mod FF4400 ever did drop from Longu. I will check this up though. Thanks for letting me know.

And yes of course it is a good while since the imk2 drop :)

I know the first Mod.BGH 4400 came off a Armax ,CyberAk looted it and sold it to Gem. And most of us remember Agrippas neconu uber like 14-15 months ago

And as for imk2..isnt it 2+ years since last? :confused:

Knuckles said:
I know the first Mod.BGH 4400 came off a Armax ,CyberAk looted it and sold it to Gem. And most of us remember Agrippas neconu uber like 14-15 months ago

By mistake I mixed up the mod ff4400 with ff4400M. Thanks again for notifying me about my error.

As far as the imk2 goes It has certainly been a while. I have never implied anything else though.

I'll try to get an updated and correct droplist during the next week.
Thanks for your feedback.

Akoz

Edit: see etopias post below. Seems I was mistaking in mistaking :)

Last edited:
A very nice hunting ground indeed... i've made a little trip earlier and i enjoyed it very much !

enough longus to keep you busy without running for 5 min around and some cauda (prov/guard/dom) and some troxies too (only saw mature/young atm) which are nice too to kill between longus. There's still some saba roaming around but it's not very disturbing.

Last good point is that the path between the TP and the hunting area is quite clear. The only mobs i crossed i wasn't able to take down was Atrox provider but as they appear very early on the radar, it's easy to run around without having to kill them.

So, i think i'll be there quite often since i really like to kill longu ;)

Thx for this hunting ground :cool:

checkout out your spot last nite, very nice, looking forward to when u get an RT term tho, METPing back gets costly

I don't get it...

Nemesis protection 15/15/15 in cut/stab/impact.

39-21=18

But as far as I know, Longu is doing Cut + Impact damage.
In that case Nemesis should guaranty a 15+15=30 protection, so that would mean 39-30=9 damage in the end.

So,I think is something wrong with the math, maybe:
1. the damage unarmored.
2. the armor used ... you were not talking about Vigilante, right ? :)

Damage is not distributed evenly between types, for example it may be doing 30 impact and 9 cut, so w/ your nem armor 6 of the cut protection is not being used

kygon said:
checkout out your spot last nite, very nice, looking forward to when u get an RT term tho, METPing back gets costly

Thank you. Hopefully we should have RTs during a month or so:

Marco|MindArk said:
We are on the roll for VU 7.5, due end of June/beginning of July.
We will add Revival terminals to each shed area.

Meanwhile; If you need a fapper let me know ;)

Arise said:
I don't get it...

Nemesis protection 15/15/15 in cut/stab/impact.

39-21=18

But as far as I know, Longu is doing Cut + Impact damage.
In that case Nemesis should guaranty a 15+15=30 protection, so that would mean 39-30=9 damage in the end.

So,I think is something wrong with the math, maybe:
1. the damage unarmored.
2. the armor used ... you were not talking about Vigilante, right ? :)

The damage tests was done "live" with a fully repaired female nemesis armor.
As Extent points out it is fully possible that the longu does 36 cut and 3 impact damage. That would result in a 36-15 + 3-3 = 21 dmg while wearing your armor.
It is also possible that other damage types has been added to it. Who knows :dunno:

Last edited:
Knuckles said:

i am shure 1 was looted 6 to 10 month ago , but i am not shure about looter , Anda i guess

the only item that was not looted ( as far as i know) since 2+ year is mod fap

The spawn is now rather dense with two spawns at 33% of max each wich seem to be sufficient. I will therefor now change focus to the maturities
I met an experienced hunter at site wich thought it might be a good idea to generally bring up the maturity levels a little. At the same time there are still hunters that might struggle if the spawn gets too many old - possibly providers.

If anybody have any opinions on this matter I would very well like to hear them before I make my desicions :scratch:

I've been there as well. Hmm, yes, with the current density I think it would be a good idea to bring the maturity level up slightly...

Youngs are nice to kill, but I think they loot too little.
Anyway, keep them :)

Rascal armor tested.. with rather surprising results:

Code:

Akoz said:
If anybody have any opinions on this matter I would very well like to hear them before I make my desicions :scratch:
Imho, you can bring up the maturity one level up... meaning, mature/old/prov. But more than that, it'll be tough for me to hunt alone... But well, i can always call some socmates and do some team hunt ;)

Akoz said:
Longu mature unarmored : 56 dmg
Longu mature to rascal : 36 dmg
Longu mature to nemesis : 31 dmg

Now I realy think is something fishy with those Longu.

Rascal offers 5 cut and 15 impact. And yes 12 burn.

So, we finally have here 5 cut and 15 impact.
but 56 dmg - 36 dmg = 20 damage absorbed by rascal. So rascal is used at full potential here. 5+15 = 20 dmg.

So, Longu mature is doing for sure at least 15 impact and 5 cut.

But nemesis offers an aditional protection of 36-31 = 5. Could that be cut protection?

In that case we can say that longu mature is doing a at least 15 impact and a max of 10 cut. (because if the longu would do more than 10 cut would be absorbed by the 5 cut protection left from nemesis).

So, I'm forced to consider that longu is doing only cut+impact (already known that info), with little cut (max 18%) and a lot of impact (82%).

So, to end this story:
Longu Mature : 10 cut + 46 impact. ... or something as that.

But,

The only extra point of damage absorbed from nemesis would come from 1 extra point of cut, because both armor have the same impact protection (15).
So that means Longu young is doing 6 cut. (rascal absorbs 5, and nemesis 6). If the longu is doing 6 cut then we have 33 points of damage left for impact. Both armors can protect against 15 so 33-15= 18 damage to hit the player.
But that would make 19 damage total for rascal and 18 for nemesis. Which is in a fight with 22 and 21 posted by you Akoz.

So, something buggy somewhere: Maybe in my math :D, maybe in Akoz stats or maybe in the longu or armors :)

P.S. Does it makes sense my explanation?

Arise said:
P.S. Does it makes sense my explanation?

yes it make but :
1) since 2 VU mobs stat change ( at 7.3 and 7.4) so need verify the whole stat.
2) often there litel eror in stat with amor and mobs.its due to that litel eror ( bugs) faustien make mobs domage chart on armor by test and not by mathematic.

I'd like to see some higher level longus without any small annoying mobs what so ever :)

Guardian-Dominant range or so. Longu mature, old and young can be found in overdose anywhere...

Etopia said:
litel eror
Not going to correct the "error", but for god sake, please learn once for all that "litel" is actually written "little". Double "t" and "l" first and "e" at the end. :wise:

Mobs stats change all the time. For example gradivores are doing acid since VU 7.3.
The funny thing is that last night, I hunted longu there, me in Nemesis and my team mate in Rascal, and I never thought 1 second to write down the damages. :rolleyes:
Big money losses there, covered only by a lucky GSI.
Other items looted only some leathers, if I remember right.

Leafren said:
I'd like to see some higher level longus without any small annoying mobs what so ever :)

Guardian-Dominant range or so. Longu mature, old and young can be found in overdose anywhere...

I agree we need some higher level ones, u have 2 spawns right? maybe reduce the spawn number on one and crank up the maturity level ? ;)

if u wanna see me on ur land, hunting longus u must clear land from small mobs and raise maturity level up to guard, dominant... and w/o young and mature .... its anoying when u hunt hard and some small mobs come.....

HunterZ said:
if u wanna see me on ur land, hunting longus u must clear land from small mobs and raise maturity level up to guard, dominant... and w/o young and mature .... its anoying when u hunt hard and some small mobs come.....

what? Clear the whole land area of young and mature? I can hunt guard (havent tried a dom yet)... but I thought the land area was targetted at mid-level players?

Wouldnt it be more sensible to have olds and providers rather than crank it up to guards and dominants?

If it's big sport you're looking for why not chop and change between land areas? Don't cK have some Falx?

I agree that youngs and matures are a little below a mid-levellers league

ultimababe said:
what? Clear the whole land area of young and mature? I can hunt guard (havent tried a dom yet)... but I thought the land area was targetted at mid-level players?

Wouldnt it be more sensible to have olds and providers rather than crank it up to guards and dominants?

If it's big sport you're looking for why not chop and change between land areas? Don't cK have some Falx?

I agree that youngs and matures are a little below a mid-levellers league

no need to crank it all the way up quite yet! try some old and provs on one spawn and see how it goes.

Leafren said:

I'm sure the rest of us would too, if we had the uber armor and guns you have..So I guess the decision will be, if its set up for ubers or common folk.

I have decided to slowly increase maturity level to 22% wich should primarlily give old ones with plenty of mature and providers around as well. This will take some time though since the current fertiliser prices are skyhigh. I do not wish to further push the prices so I mine most of the growth molecules myself.

Once I have reached this I will further increase the density a little more and then probably move on to further increase maturity -at least of one spawn one step.

The problem with small annoying mobs will to a certain degree always be present as there are the cauda and atrox spawn that is MA controlled - these mobs I have no control over. It seems though as the spawn area is a lot larger than my shed so every time you kill these mobs there is a good chanse it respawn somewhere outside the shed meaning the spawn should "clean up" gradually until server restart. The sabakuma should be 100% extinct during 24 hours.

Oh and... still waiting for that list hunterZ ;)

Last edited:
Azrael, I'm sure everyone would like youngs and mature, if they had the not so uber gear you have (I assume).

Akoz asked for opinions so I gave him mine, based on what I said before: young, mature spawns are everywhere on calypso, tougher ones don't. So I thought if Akoz makes a higher maturity level land everyone would be happy :yup:

Leafren said:
Azrael, I'm sure everyone would like youngs and mature, if they had the not so uber gear you have (I assume).

Akoz asked for opinions so I gave him mine, based on what I said before: young, mature spawns are everywhere on calypso, tougher ones don't. So I thought if Akoz makes a higher maturity level land everyone would be happy :yup:

Please dont be offened, I wasnt dissing you, just explaining that not all of us can hunt the big guys. I was pointing out to him, he will have to decide what type of player he wants to hunt and mine his land. I'm sure most miners dont heavily mine areas where dangerous mobs dwell, so they dont have to fight and mine at the same time. I also know there are alot of places regulars cant hunt on calypso because of the high danger mobs, and sheer numbers of mid levels. I too was just offering an opinion. I didnt mean for my post to sound confrontational, sorry :)

Thanks
Az

Knuckles said:

i come back from getting info

first mod 4400 was looted by Cyberack on longu in 3990 ped hof.it was selled to Dekel for 6.5k ped + shadow armess M.
Gem bouth it from Dekel.

Status
Back