Longu Land : Official thread

Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
Longu Land - Official thread

I am proud to welcome everybody that is interested in Longus to check out these two great new areas. The Longu used to be hunted in large scale, but there has in some time been hard to find a good spawn to efficiently hunt them. I'm hoping that with these two areas I can supply such a spawn at a reasonable rate to the community.

The most usual loot nowadays are plenty of generics, shotguns and various furniture, but both mod FF and improved mk2s has dropped from these.

The area stats are as follows:

• Outback land 20:
    Maturity : young -> provider
    Density : 2 x maxed spawns
  • Outback land 5:
    Maturity : Provider -> Dominant
    Density : 2 x maxed spawn

In order to reach the spawn areas in a safe way I suggest running the rute marked on the map below. The area right below OL5 contains highly lethal Atrax stalkers and should be avoided if you do not have the right gear.

If anyone have suggestions to improvements don't hesitate to contact me!

longu2.gif

Update (9/7)
Both areas are now supplied with shopkeepers acting as trade terminals until such facilities become available:

shop.jpg

Ammunition is available at TT+1 ped to cover the shop decay and mind essence to get it there. Ammunition comes in 100, 200 and 500-ped stacks.

PS: Although he does look a little scary he doesn't bite!

Update (16/7)

Shops on both areas was taken to town for repairs today. Unfortunately they both got bugged during this and are no longer functional. I will do my best to get them back up as soon as it can be done!

Update (18/7)

Shops are back up - but won't have any clothes or gear at them since this seems to cause the bugs.

Update (21/7)

The second spawn was today filled at the stalker-area. This second spawn will have a slightly lower maturity than the large ones, but will still be around guardian-dominant.

Update (23/7)

Tiger parts have started to drop! This will make a nice adittion to the furniture and shotguns in the usual loot!

Update (12/8)

Young area have been upgraded with providers.

Update (25/9)

Investmentcost made back!
Celebrating this with 50% of the usual tax the next week!

Update (23/10)

Stalker area SOLD to fund a new area closer to a teleport. Stay tuned for updates.

Last edited:
Heh, i like!

Next time i log in to hunt, i will actually give the poor (as in dirt-poor, without any peds at all) fungoids a rest and come visit your areas akoz... :)

cool to see another shed running :p

can you tell us damage done by those longu :cool:

Alpha: 118
Old Alpha: 131
Prowler : 135
Stalker : 142

Fap service available for 10 ped / hour :)

Oh, and tax is 3,5%

Last edited:
Akoz said:
I tried 20, but got no customers

Strange, you would pay much more for armor and fap decay

Are you using a fap of your own and if so - what kind of fap might it be?

I'm using my own fap. - Modified omegaton fast aid fap -giving you a constant 160 hp every 2 seconds. If you got the hp to survive 1 hit you'll stay alive as long as u take them 1 by 1. Decay is included in price. You'll probably earn it back twise if you consider the saved armor decay (if you got the hp to go unarmored that is)

Akoz said:
I'm using my own fap. - Modified omegaton fast aid fap -giving you a constant 160 hp every 2 seconds. If you got the hp to survive 1 hit you'll stay alive as long as u take them 1 by 1. Decay is included in price. You'll probably earn it back twise if you consider the saved armor decay (if you got the hp to go unarmored that is)

ok, so i got 101 or 102 hp, i can take hits upto XX of atrox XX

tell me :)

(this means if u fap me)

Seems like it's time to do just a little hunt :D

As soon as longus are there, I'll hire you for 4-5 hours :)

Let's go see what they have to offer... hehe

Will be home from work in about 5 hours... Drop me a PM if you are up for it :)

Today is the "official" opening of Outback land 6 (stalker one). Therefor taxes on both the young and old maturity area has been set to 3% and will remain at that through the night. If sausages and balloons were available they'd be free @ the center hut. For now we'll have to do with a couple of fireworks :)

Happy hunting!

sweet im going there tonight but probably wont last long lol, maybe we should organise a big hunt to celebrate the opening newer players on the left area and more experianced to the right would be a good laugh.

warmdogg

VERY nice solution to the requests for hard and easy mobs :) GJ man!

kygon said:
... hard and easy mobs :) ...

Carefull now.. they might be slow-ish and they don't really got that much damage either, but boy can these guys take a punch ;)

This new area is an adult playground indeed. You are hereby warned :D

cool ill most def use ur service as i will only need some pixie for stalkers then when fapped....

just missing some peds for shooting an hour :)

thats a GREAT offer there

ill give you a pm if im in the mood :p

Just had a few hours of hunting with Akoz... And boy did I have a fun time... :) Longu alphas, old alphas and prowlers... Killed them all :D (Didn't find me any stalker which was my plan from the beginning)

The service was TOPNOTCH, the hunting was TOPNOTCH... Everything was great. Loots where okay as well, not sure if I made a small profit, or lost a little. But when it's that close a call, I'll say it dosn't matter much :)

Can't wait till I have enough HP to survive without armor, will make profitting a bit easier.. ;)

Thanks again Akoz, will hit you up next time as well :)

Hey Akoz, i've been out there twice now. First trip I lost my ass, second trip was ok... but who cares about that.. I'm writting to let you know that I killed several hundred gu, but failed to find a single stalker. I'll try again tonight. :)

Had a great time hunting in Longu Land last night Akoz, thanks for a nice hunting area ;)

However I never saw any Stalkers either, plenty of Alphas though, perhaps you could increase the maturity slightly... :cool:

I must admit I haven't seen any stalkers lately either. I saw like two the first 10 minutes after I added the maturity, and maturity has not been altered since.
Would anyone mind if I upgraded maturity from 80 to 90% ?
If not I'll do that later today.

stalkers are there, got me three of them last evening.. nicely surrounded by some prowlers and old alphas..was actually quite fun hunting them.. might need your fap next time..makes it alot easier ;) ill be sure to visit longuland more in the future :D

Maturity upgrade to 90%.

[EDIT: After this upgrade (uncertain if it is connected) The spawn suddenly went close to empty. When running around a little I found out that most of them had gathered close to the south-eastern border, so if you have problem finding them.. search there]

[EDIT2: Fixed in vu 7.5]

Last edited:
what about the lower end longu's - how much does the toughest one do?

and what kind of gear would you recomend for me (cheaper the merrier, and melee :) ) if i had you healing me?

For the small longus no armor is needed as long as you manage to take them one by one. To do that make sure you have a long range weapon you can attract them with and then it's just about having a nice dmg / sec short-range weapon to hunt with... a good dmg / pec would ofc help as well.

Was there again last night. Still no stalkers, but it's cool because prowlers are perfect for my setup.

Akoz, FYI: I'd probably hunt there 24/7 if the taxes were lowered. ;)

truantduck said:
Was there again last night. Still no stalkers, but it's cool because prowlers are perfect for my setup.

Akoz, FYI: I'd probably hunt there 24/7 if the taxes were lowered. ;)

hahaha :laugh:

How much lowering would you request for that? :D

Taxes set to 3,5% on both areas. If the areas keep beeing self-sustainable at that rate we'll keep it.

i have did a nice profit on that land.. and looted a Swine Delux :D

Xpl0jd said:
i have did a nice profit on that land.. and looted a Swine Delux :D

Bah not fair ;)

Kev's Trip to Longu Land

Had my first visit to Longu Land last night having already done Atrax Park and the Gravidore Contest. Longu Land was my favourite of the three: nice big lumbering elephantine mobs, easy to hit with the chance of decent loot (I keep telling myself ;-)

First I tried Outback Land Area 6 but didn't stay there too long. My first Longu encounter there was a Prowler who came lumbering towards me to give me a big, welcoming <HUG>. Being a suspicious sort of guy I pumped him full of blp as fast as I could with my Adj V1. But he got an early left hook in and WHAM took out a considerable slice of my health through my Nemesis. My first heal wasn't too good and he got a good shot in before I could reach a safety health level and he killed me dead :-(

Learning from this experience I ran the short distance to Land Area 5 and had much more fun there with the plentiful supply of Longu Youngs and a few Matures. Loots were typically 2 peds-ish, 5 peds-ish, with one just over 10 peds. Plenty of no-loots of course too.

As usual I didn't take enough ammo: I used up nearly half the 15k blp before spotting my first Longu, mostly dealing with curious Cauds and Atroxes (Young, Mature, Providers and, I think, the odd Guardian). In retrospect I needed around 30k ammo I reckon.

But all in all it was fun and I will be returning to Longu Land and recommend it to Longu lovers :)

Oh, an added bonus was a 414 ped HoF from an Exo Old after I left there and ran north :) (I very nearly didn't bother to kill it coz I was low on ammo and was just about to hit the 'T' key - I always like to save a bit for any potential bother at the rt's).

This really rounded off the hunt very nicely as you can imagine! But sorry guys I think it was outside a Land Area ;-)

Back