Looking For A Privateer

Batts

Young
I am in the market for a good Vega Class Privateer, seems they are impossible to find atm. Anyone with information or an actual ship for sale please contact me.
ludwigs32@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Batteries Not Included

Wow, that's a lot for a privateer... on the other hand I think it has HUGE amounts of SI. Like no one will shoot you down. Maybe a good deal at that price, check the SI.

w d roberts said:
Wow, that's a lot for a privateer... on the other hand I think it has HUGE amounts of SI. Like no one will shoot you down. Maybe a good deal at that price, check the SI.

It seems that Privateers are selling for around 40 to 45 K + cost of SI.

U usually calculate the SI at aprox one gold ingot(3 PED) per 5 points of SI.

EG:
Privateer (40 K PED) + SI (20 K / 5 X 3.00 = 12 K PED)

Total value of such a Privateer would have to be between 52 and 57 K PED.

Motherships on the other hand have recently undergone some changes. Due to the circumstances that a particular Mothership was purchased and the recent sale of another Mothership, the base value appears to have fallen from (80 K PED + SI) to (60 K PED +SI).

This value drop has most likely been fueled by rumors of an impending "Game Mechanics" change, commonly referred to as "The Log Off In Space Bug" as well as the possible release of new ships and the possibility of "Taming Cosmic Horrors"

As Always:
"All Trades are Final"
SO
"Buyer/Seller be ware !"

This value drop has most likely been fueled by rumors of an impending "Game Mechanics" change, commonly referred to as "The Log Off In Space Bug" as well as the possible release of new ships and the possibility of "Taming Cosmic Horrors"

As Always:
"All Trades are Final"
SO
"Buyer/Seller be ware !"

Another reason for the pricedrop might be, that mindark still hasnt made any progress in space and people are much more aware nowadays that a mothership without gunners is worse then a privateer.
It needs twice the amount of peds to be upgraded on an equal amount of si per section and you cant really travel between planets without seriously upgrading your spacecraft or you will just waste lots of time trying again and again to get past the pirates.
You will also need more repaircrew then a privateer as you need to cover more repairspots while on a privateer you can repair both sections from one place.
In effect a mothership only makes sense for people who operate it with a good sized crew or who want to do atmosphere dockings (which also means you need great SI and gunners to be secure) in all other cases a privateer will be the better choice, exspecially for those who seek one for personal flexible travels between planets.
Another reason for the pricedrop on motherships is the fact that about 20-30% of all motherships in game are for sale, while privateers are actually sought after. The only thing that keeps mothership prices up a little is the fact that those who own them can afford to keep them in most cases.
And last but not least, when mindark implements the remove of logged out stackable transports like they announced this will require lots more upgrades for spacecrafts and everyone with a mothership will have to pay double.
Nontheless motherships are the strongest ships in space - if properly crewed.

"Sigh !"

In the first purchase I metioned, an opportunity was seen and taken. On the face of it, nothing short of a smart business move. Regardless of my opinion of the tactics used, it was definetly a smrt move and to the advantage of the Buyer if they have long term Plans and Ivestments to consider.

Sadly, I feel, it opened the gate to create the impression of falling values of Motherships.

In the seond case: A situation had the ground work laid by the first for an existing Mothership Owner to see an opportunity.

Their current Mothership had an SI of around 26 K SI. Which they intended to sell on for 80 K PED.
The Mothership they purchased had an SI of 36 K and a purchase price of 82.5 K PED.
This too, was an extremely smart business move. It even holds two edges to it.

The first edge being that if the price of Motherships settles at their reduced current values they have softened thier initial investment loss by around 10 K PED.

The second edge forms if Mothership values rally and retain their original price range of around 80 K PED. In this case the buyers investment value has increased by around 10 K PED at little cost.

Regardless of which way Mothership values go this second case has gained an SI increase of 110 K for an extremely effective price of 2.5 K PED. A savings of around 3.5 K PED or more. As I said "An extremely smart business move". If they have not already sold the first ship on and hold off they may even be able to make an even better profit if the values rally.

Now to the smike and mirrors:
John B Knight said:
Another reason for the pricedrop might be, that mindark still hasnt made any progress in space and people are much more aware nowadays that a mothership without gunners is worse then a privateer.
They are also very expensive to use, slow to manauveure and provide little to no protection from Quad-Wing Interseptors that are behid a Mothership. With only a total of three Gun Seats available on a Mothership now, the once "Blind" areas have become expodential. Whilst MindArk may seem to have made no progress in the improvement of Space I am sure, like us, they are learning and working on what options are available.
John B Knight said:
It needs twice the amount of peds to be upgraded on an equal amount of si per section and you cant really travel between planets without seriously upgrading your spacecraft or you will just waste lots of time trying again and again to get past the pirates.
It is my experience that when Pirates do attack and destroy your ship more often they will leave you alone until you return to that location again. With minimal SI they will attack you as you leave a SPace Station at around Warp Range. With Medium SI they will look for you at a longer range from the Space Station so as to have more time to destroy the Ship. Often if you have the Repair Crew onboard they will continue to attack you for around 0.3 of an AU, Failing to destroy you over this range they will back off and let you pass as it is only a total waste of PEDs on their part.

Ships with much higher SI (70 K +) are in the position where Pirates are more likely to totally ignore them as a rule. Even if they succeed in destroying these ships more often then not anyone with stackables is long gone for two reasons.

1. They take immediate advantage of the "Log Off Option" when they board the ship
or
2.They take advantage of this option once they see the ship taking damaage and realise it may not withstand the onslaught.

Yes, higher SI does have advantages but I do not think it is entirely the basis you give it.
John B Knight said:
In effect a mothership only makes sense for people who operate it with a good sized crew or who want to do atmosphere dockings (which also means you need great SI and gunners to be secure) in all other cases a privateer will be the better choice, exspecially for those who seek one for personal flexible travels between planets.
It is more likely that the demands for Privateers:
1. Has risen because People are starting to realise that "Logging Off" on Mothersips and Privateers is not a "Bug" but a "Feature put in place by the Design Team"(MindArk Support, March, 2012)
2. Along with Participants wanting to take less risks with their "stackables" and more often choosing to use the Security of Space Station Teleporters.
3. Coupled with the much lower costs of being able to travel between Planets and the abundance of Generic Fuses
4. As well as the fact that a Privateer can be purchased at a much lower price then a Mothership and its SI also increased on two Repair Points that are far more accessible than the four on a Mothership. (20 K SI is still 20 K SI whether it is spread over 2 or 4 repair points.)
5. A privateer is far more maneuverable and can reach maximum SUb-Warp Speed much quicker then a Mothership.
6. As for "Gunners" I feel I have already covered that to a degree earlier. The ideal defence for a Mothership is Quad-Wing Interceptors. Vecause the Guns on Both Motherships and Privateers are so wiely and cumbersome I believe they are far more suited to "Ship to Ship Combat" with each other, much rather then "Ship to Fighter" and most likely far more economical.
John B Knight said:
And last but not least, when mindark implements the remove of logged out stackable transports like they announced this will require lots more upgrades for spacecrafts and everyone with a mothership will have to pay double.
Nontheless motherships are the strongest ships in space - if properly crewed.
Again,once more into the breach !
Although it may be possible that somewhere down the track, MidArk may remove the "LofgOff" option currently available on Motherships and Privateers, I feel it may be a very long way down the track.
David Simmonds / CEO MindArk PE AB said:
The early focus will be on addressing several issues that currently allow for practically risk-free travel between planets.
It is very possible that this statement made in State of the Universe Address 2013, has been somewhat misinterpretted. Either by desire or design there is a very small group who like to see the "Log Off Feature" removed. I do not believe that this statement has anything to do with this features function. It is highly possible that it is more concernig mainly two issues:
1. The use of "Logging Off" to "Server Line Skip" to the nearest Space Station to reduce travel times, costs and the possibility of running into a wandering Pirate, whilst travelling between Planets in Quad-Wings and Sleipnirs.
2. Stop people who are travelling between Planets in Quad-Wings and Sliepnirs from "logging out" to avoid being shot down and looted.

I guess some people will always insist on spinning half truths mixed with partial facts to create illusions that suit their needs and aims.

If you want to buy a Privateer try contacting Mindark directly before buying from a player in the game.

If you want to buy a Privateer try contacting Mindark directly before buying from a player in the game.

Umm, that works?

If so, means they will just create an already in market item on a whim for quick cash and ruin current MVs.... :/

I wonder if that will work for a nice shrubbery.

lol where do some people get their ideas from:eyecrazy:

It seems that Privateers are selling for around 40 to 45 K + cost of SI.

U usually calculate the SI at aprox one gold ingot(3 PED) per 5 points of SI.

!"

Ok so if my ship is worth say 43KPed at base price + SI
SI is 62000 roughly. 62000/5 = 12400 x3 Ped = 37200Ped. But your forgetting the MU on gold bars of 109%, so 37200 x 109% = 40548Ped, so my ship is worth about 83548Ped roughly, so my price of 80Kped is fair. But not sure if I want to sell now :)

Isn't the SI gain from a resource (for the sake of argument a gold ingot) dependent on the current SI and the skills of the person applying the resource, rather than being linear?

Isn't the SI gain from a resource (for the sake of argument a gold ingot) dependent on the current SI and the skills of the person applying the resource, rather than being linear?

Its linear, but it depends on a persons skills which is why 5 SI per gold ingot is only true for vehicle structural engineers around lvl 40.

Although other materials can be used to increase the SI of a Warp Ship, Gold Ingots will give you twice the SI increase that any other material will.

Yes it is dependant on the Vehicle Structural Engineer (VSE) skill level of the individual deopping the ingots into the Engineering terminal. However I used 5 points of SI per gold ingot to simplify things.

It seems that for around every four levels of VSE the Engineer gains 0.1 for the average SI gained from a single gold ingot.

SbiNortz at level 61 VSE will gain 5.3 to 5.9.
JBK at level 65 VSE would gain 5.4 to 6.0 per ingot (not 100% sure on this one)
Connies Pigen at level 70 VSE would be either 5.5 to 6.1 or 5.6 to 6.2 (again not 100% on Connies abilities as he told me before he had the repairers list updated that he has never looked to find out. LOL)

However by using 5 points per ingot as a base average negates the need to calculate in VSE Levels of individuals, fluctuating values of MU from 104% to 125% for gold ingots and any possible charges that an Engineer may charge to drop the ingots into the Engineering Terminal.

If you start trying to calculate in what Billy-Vob can get because of his skill and what MU Mary-Joe can buy gold for and how much the working girl on the corner charges for doing it you end up in a massivbe debate over values that has no end because of the variables.

If I want to see some of that, I'll go watch "Big Bang Theory"

Wow the amount of information on the subject of ship value is staggering :confused:. I sorta get it but Im a simpleton hick from the sticks ;) who would love to find a deal like Renee found (lucky her!) to be able to warp at will, spray paint my name on the hood, or even leave the toilet seat up all in the comfort of my own ship would be fantastic! Eventually, adding to ship value buuy increasing SI is a wonderful idea on paper but I haven't seen much discussion on "Boy' I really love my new 85k privateer!":eyecrazy:. Or perhaps "You wont believe the coolness of the 100k MS I just bought! ":broke:. Seems people are looking for a good deal as much as sellers are hoping for a fair ROI. The folks that play EU from a financial aspect are either hoping market trend and value will eventually bring home the bacon OR " I'll wait here in my quads passenger seat until my informant on the ground sends me some useful intel and I can rob some poor sucker who is just here having fun and frankly just to darn simple to factor in the "Pirate Formula" (which btw is if i think they have loot or i just need some practice i will kill and loot them just the same) Either way I hope to eventually land myself a ship and be able to engage fruit full hunting expeditions or be able to warp to the assistance of a friend in trouble and have them help me wipe the pirate guts from my windshield, then be on their merry way.

"Warp Sequence Activated"
Batts :cool:

Ive heard alot regarding the future of space and I am concerned as to where it is going. Concerned for investments. I know there is a large community of high rollers that have made space their playground and these folks have a substantial impact potential for EU. Meaning, if these players were to get their feathers ruffled in the event that MA makes a decision that negatively impacts the value of the current supplies or operation of space travel, that could cause a mass exodus of players and money. So for this reason is it safe to say that space related items are a "safe" investment? Or does MA have so much loot on hand that causing the collapse of the way space operates and the immediate withdraw of those players and their peds would be so negligible that they are willing to take that risk? Simply put, with a wave of their magic "VU" the value of ships could dramatically drop and/or the "log out with loot" could be taken without warning thus creating a financial vacuum for investors. Can this happen? Is it still safe to invest? I want my mommy! Can I have my money back? Who peed in the pool?

if this rambling question makes any sense to anyone please don't hesitate to give your opinion

I think that applies to any investment. However there are ppl who study trends in the market to maximize return potential. (it always comes with risk) I am just wondering what those ppl think.

I think that applies to any investment. However there are ppl who study trends in the market to maximize return potential. (it always comes with risk) I am just wondering what those ppl think.

read his signature and you'll have your answer lol

IT's DYNAMIC hahaahha

Back