Looking for FAP upgrade advice

Arokh

Stalker
Society
Gloryhound Irregulars
Arokh Arokh Cindar
I was thinking that it's perhaps time to upgrade my healing tools, seeing as I want to go for slightly tougher mobs. Currently I use a FAP50 and EK-2300 and a FAP-5 for out of battle eco healing. I was thinking of upgrading to a FAP-80 and a EK-2350. The latter of which heals up to 41 times a minute - which of course is good for when I need a lot of heals fast.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend two FAPs to replace my old ones? I need a FAP for fast in-battle healing and one for times when I need a good quick boost of HP. So would my choices of a FAP-80 and EK-2350 a good choice? Or can I do better?

Oh and of course I want something reasonably eco to use as well. As much as I want a EK-2500Dlx, the 1.8PED decay/use kinda puts me off.

I upgraded form FAP-50 to EK-2350 in the past and i was quite happy with it for a while, but if you can spare the peds i would definitely go for a FAP2600 instead, you'll notice the difference.
You could keep the FAP-50 for faster out of battle healing, the eco isn't quite as good as FAP-5, though if i remember correctly.

i would say: keep fap-5 and fap-50 and get an EK-2350 (and get rid of the EK-2300)
2350 and 2300 have the same eco, but the 2350 is MUCH faster, so you will heal faster --> be able to kill bigger mobs

use the fap-5 for small heals or out-of-fight heals
the fap-50 when fighting mobs that require a heal every now and then
the 2350 in case you need as much heal as possible

that will give you the advantages of fap-5/50 (heals/pec) and 2350 (heals/second)

See Fap guide in sticky threads of this forum....while you're at it, read the rest too...:)

I'm thinking about upgrading from 2350 to 2600.

Is the 2600 worth the investment or should I stick with the 2350?

See my post above. You will notice a difference, believe me.
And if it doesn't work for you for some reason you should be able to sell it a the same price again.

i would say the 2350 mate

Whats wrong with a ek-2550? Its faster than the 2350 with only a little lower eco!

I am quite happy with my FAP 80. It's fairly fast (2.3 second reload time.) The decay isn't too bad. (6 pec per click) And it won't cost a small fortune to purchase. (currently TT + 66.85 on PEAuction)

As for a second FAP for cheaper healing when not in battle I don't think it much matters honestly. It just depends on how long you want to have to stand there healing. I personally don't bother with a second FAP. I figure one or two clicks after the MOB is dead to get me ready for the next one is no big deal.

I used the fap-50 and emt-2350 for long time and was very satisfied with the combo.
But when i got a emt-2580 from a friend one day i started to love it. HP/sec is just a little lower then 2350 but the eco is nicer :)
(Bad thing it uses Ruga to craft it... <thnx patx72!> )
Since i never wanted to spend the peds for an emt-2600 and i cant hunt the big ones at all, this is perfect for me :yay:

greetings
chesta

Thx for the replies!

I use the 2350 in combination with a FAP-50.

My concern is if the 2600 or FAP-80 is fast enough during combat?

I haven't tried any of them myself and I thought it was easier to ask here than bying and trying ;)

I evade most hits from mobs like low Neconu, high Armax, etc, but sometimes when they hit they hit hard. The 2350 usually takes me back up again, but it takes several heals (max heal 9 out of 10) and I was thinking about getting a FAP that heals more HP's per click, but still has enough speed.

It all depends on what bigger mobs you would like to hunt and how good your Hit Ability is, Health Points, Armor, firstaid and evade skills are.

For example, the combination fap5 and fap50 worked for me for quite a long time. I melee hunted a lot of smaller atroxes, atraxes, argo's, armax's, etc

Used the Fap50 when under attack and fap5 when i healed myself after the kill... At a certain point hunting the smaller mobs was getting very easy. I used ghost armor with 2a plates, a good evade level, i have ok HA with longblades, i have about 110 HP, and good first aid skills.

At a certain point i wanted to kill bigger mobs, so i started to hunt, Atrox Dom, Argo hunters, Drones 8, Armax bulls, etc. I soon enough found out that the fap50 was no match for the 50+ damage a Dom can do, so i got killed a few times. Once i exchanged my fap50 for a fap80, i stayed alive (except when Critical hit strikes me).
The speed of a fap80 is much better, compared with the 50, the max health of 32 is good(especially when you have good firstaid skills)

Anyways, the fap80 works very good for me at this point. Although when the mobs is way to hard for my skill level (say a Trox prowler) and setup (ghost, etc) then even the fap80 won't help me. So find the fap that suits your skills, setup and mob you would like to hunt.

When you heal two time with a 2350 you need only one with the 2600 for the same amount of HP, so you can back to your gun quickly and avoid more hit from mob, and kill mob quickly by the way.

I had kill Aurli and Kreltin with help of 2600 and a good gun, without the needed skill to done that. You can kill mobs before they reach you else/or/and you can heal faster than they can deal damage to you.

2600 is too rare for me, I had sold it, but is usefull for the biggest mob you can hunt for your skills I think, and the faster ones too, Like a powerfull gun.

Buy a fap-90 (7 pecs for 40 heals)

or

an adj fap (2 pecs for 50 heals).

And btw, im selling my adj fap if u are interested :)

Buck.

We currently have fap50, 2350, 2550, 2600 at our disposal. So, this is my two cents on those Faps-

I started with a 50, and moved onto a 2350. Loved it. Soo fast and acceptable heals too. After awhile my wife needed a better fap, so I bought a 2550 for me and gave her the 2350. It may take a bit of use to get comfortable with the 2550's slightly slower reload, but it IS A BETTER FAP performance-wise. We used these two faps for a good while before I finally bit the bullet and bought a 2600. I was worried a bit that i wouldn't like its slow reload @ 2.2, but its definetely better performance-wise than the 2550. Even though its only 8hp more heal, it makes a huge difference and makes up for the slower speed.

I then talked the wife into trying the 2550, and she agree's as well that its better than the 2350. It is a hair slower, but if u take a hard hit you will need more than one heal anyway, 2 clicks of a 2550 gets you 68 hp instead of 48 of the 2350, thats a BIG difference. Thats also where the ek2600 is great, 2 clicks can be applied between most/some mobs hits, thats 84 hp!

The 2550 has been overlooked for some reason by many people. Its WELL worth its current markup and is a great Fap to move up to from a 2350.

I have standing still and talking in society chat for eco healing
fap-10 for faster healing
fap-50 for healing if i get criticalled by a medium mob
ek-2350 for panic healing

If you cannot fap your way out with an ek-2350 then you are:

- wearing the wrong armour
- hunting the wrong mob
- out of your league

Hi,

If you cannot fap your way out with an ek-2350 then you are:

- wearing the wrong armour
- hunting the wrong mob
- out of your league

absolutely correct! + Rep ;-)

Fap-2350 is the fastest FAP in game (according to PEWiki, 41 heals/ min) and just replacing a FAP-50 by the 2350 makes a huge difference! I don't know how it would work for a gunner, but for a melee maiden like me the 2350 is a gift from heaven.

I'm able now to pop a heal in between the swings of my honor/ determination, and should I survive an evil crit, this baby gets me up to full health (106) in about 4 - 5 seconds, even with not so uber healing skills.

Best is - according to PEAuction markup is about +50 PED, which makes this beauty affordable. When checking for heal/sec you'll see that it's the best FAP you can get without spending very serious money.

Economy - when using the 2350 I don't think of economy, I think of surviving. It's a panic FAP, for sure. So what? If the sucker is dead, I use my FAP-5, but as long as it's chewing on me, I use 2350. And it works.

Just replacing my FAP-50 with 2350 made it possible to take on mobs I couldn't defeat before, like Atrax Alpha. After change I globaled on Atrax Old Alpha ...

2350 is worth is weight in gold, and I can only recommend it. I know, there are better FAPs out there, but you'll need to sell wife, pets, house and children to be able to afford. I'm not ready to do, so in my humble opinion 2350 is best FAP in game.

As I said, I'm melee. For those rifle softies out there things might be different. Perhaps looking for "Personal Nurse"? ;-))))

Have fun!

2550 is a very good tool :)

I have 2350 and Fap50. I use the 50 for when i'm not rushed. its the second most economic after fap5. I only fap if my remaining health is risky to die against the likely mobs nearby. Otherwise i let it refresh slowly. 2 clicks of 2350 usually raised my health up enough that I no longer need to worry. If I end up against a mob I am ill equiped for. I press S and back off while fapping. Then when healed use my quickest dmg weapon which is ep41 and 104. Rinse and repeat depending on mob. If a mob can easily crit me more than my health I won't waste ped on it. I just let it kill me. Or shoot while backing off.

go for 2600 out of the ek faps, afaik its the most eco out of all the crafted ones being talked about, and it has faster hp/sec, which is more important than intervals imo when fighting hard hitting mobs. this one also has the big boost in hp you said you need, somthing the other haps can't really deliever.

yea it does depend on how big the mobs ur after are, so if they're not too big just get 80 (lose the 50 - u won't want to go back after trying 80 and 2600 out ;)), but if ur really struggling, get 2600. basically, listen to snake :cool:

Back