Looking For Some Non-Beginners

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
Hi there, :)

I don't provide actual mentoring support, but in case you know your way around in EU, have the proper equipment and only need a mentor that gives you the time you need to graduate, I'm your guy.

Note however, that you should give me the impression that you work on it (i.e., the percentage goes up). If you need time offline just let me know. Otherwise I may (not necessarily will) kick you after four weeks of idling.

- my timezone is CAT/CET (i.e., UTC+2 or +1): only required to start mentoring
- I'm only on Calypso: only required to start mentoring
- languages: English and German

And why do I do this? I want to see Thule just once as I was too skilled already when MA opened it years ago. And for that I need a mentoring level.

See you around,

endermigne

------------

If you want to keep this a secret for whatever reason, that's fine with me. You can PM me here or send me a mail in-game.

Last edited:
You need exactly 1 graduate to get access to Thule.

Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Therefore, I need one (1) volunteer to run through the 100% in about no time :)

Well, of course it makes sense if more start that experience. The first to graduate gets 1 PED extra :)

C'mon, don't be shy, I'm sure everybody else would understand :)

Just this year I graduated after playing some years (and being absent even longer).

*bump*

If you want to keep this a secret for whatever reason, that's fine with me. You can PM me here or send me a mail in-game.

... still looking ...

hmm i never been to thule - and this game has so many retarded problems - like for instance - i cant help this guy by being his disciple until i kick all of my disciples:)? wtff

hmm i never been to thule - and this game has so many retarded problems - like for instance - i cant help this guy by being his disciple until i kick all of my disciples:)? wtff

Well, if you have disciples yourself then you graduated already and can't be a disciple for somebody else ;)

Well, if you have disciples yourself then you graduated already and can't be a disciple for somebody else ;)

No, graduation isnt necessary to have your own disciples or at least it wasn't when i got mine. :scratch:

No, graduation isnt necessary to have your own disciples or at least it wasn't when i got mine. :scratch:

Mentoring is either have a mentor or later be a mentor. There aren't two different buttons.

Well, maybe back then when they started the mentoring programme they couldn't make graduation a requirement for being a mentor.

Nobody? Really? C'mon... :)

most nubees don't know about calypso forum. other games got information libraries, forum links and tutorials inside the game. i suppose they don't usually have discipleships so MA isn't going to get skunked. it's so hard to stay positive to add constructive criticism. i'll try to stay on topic.

you should have the ingame mentor info presentation so a nubee can browse when they are looking (however that works). feel free to look at mine and copy it even. i list my disciples because there is no other way to remember.

i never did graduate but i still use adjusted pixie ever since i bought it for +70 in like 2010 or something like. i was lucky to get a socmate that wanted the set and it took him three days (repairing on the kronan mothership). most of my current disciples barely play. looking now i notice only one still plays. two others are like once or twice a year. the one that plays still solos in the aakas door 10 and highest sal'diresh instances (so impressed not sure i can even do that).

other ways to get a disicple is to camp the nubee areas. post a spam in local and planet trade channels. yes its a broke POS but since fruitless volunteering is the name of the game i might as well tell you more. save the lines and the post in the sticky notes section of the message center.

my best disiples were from just helpin nubees. i don't really help nubees much anymore. the game is difficult enough. can barely grasp the interface myself. nowadays, i know the game too well and if i answer the nubee questions honestly they run screaming.

because of that i think MA should reconsider a revamp of the discipleship program. mentoring should be a graduated skill as well. for instance, can ubers afford to spend time with green nubees or would they be more inclined to help mid level or newly ubered players?

Last edited:

I'm not looking for a total noob. I'm looking for an experienced player that never had a mentor and wants to go through the mentor programme just for the sake of having graduated at one point.

I mean I'm not trying to get an ultra-top-notch mentor rating or something. As I lined out in my OP I just need one so I can go to Thule and see that place for the first time :)

Easter-ish bump

Still no volunteer...

Time for another bump...

Just be ingame on rookie channel during the day....and you could find easy like 2-3 ppl who want to be mentored...

Is the rookie channel valid for all planets? Meaning I never visited any planets beside Calypso, and I would love to have a disciple on another planet so we can discover that planet together...

Try offer 500 ped and you will get what you want.

I normally never agree with Messi, but in that case he does have a point.

You're asking someone to do something for you, but you offer nothing....ohh wait, 1 ped.
What do you expect?

The rookie chat is a bad idea because you might actually find a noob that needs a mentor,...to mentor him and not just to unlock entrance to Thule.

So, you might reconsider your strategy here.

My advice is to not demand such quick results. Skill progress is inevitable over the course of play, not everyone is in enough hurry to turn a game into work.

Another thing is, they keep changing Thule, usually to where I can barely recognize it when I visit. (All a mentor can do to help a disciple through the current version of Thule is give directions and offer moral support). Really you (and I too) should have seen it in each of its versions, and really Calypso ought to turn a couple of its past versions (the whole island version, and the later long walk version after most of the island was blocked off) into fully playable areas, maybe on the drop down in the tp map. They were fun.

Back