FYI: Looking to Mentor new Players!

sitram

Marauder
Society
Agents of Entropy
Adrian Adi Martis
Hello,

I'm looking to get a few disciples to share with them the knowledge I gathered in my 6+ years of Entropia Universe. I've been mentoring with success a few new players between 2006-2009 and now I'm looking to do the same.

I'm usually online between 9:00 - 24:00 UTC (= MindArk Time). This means I'll be looking for new players from European region.

What I offer:
- introduction in all 3 main professions: mining, hunting and crafting
- answer any question regarding items, stats, controls or anything game related
- occasional team hunting sessions with several disciples
- rescue from difficult areas of the game
- chatting sessions over skype or trough ingame chat system
- advice regarding surviving in Player vs. Player and lootable regions in game(no protection in pvp4)
- strategies to survive in EU with minimal costs - a good guide can be found here

What I don't offer:
- free peds or items(unless I decide the disciple worth them)
- "how to make money in EU" advice
- loaning items

Resume:
- I don't deposit
- 7+ years of experience in Entropia Universe.
- I don't sweat or trade to cover the loss
- I have close to 270k skills, Commando unlocked, highest profession is level 81 and growing.
- I'm proficient in all 3 main professions in the following order: hunting, mining, crafting
- I'm in cK :p

My avatar is already registered in the mentor registry in game.

Number of graduated disciples: 5
Dante Ghost Bleach
Amanda Mandi Williams

Info for new players:
Why should I become a disciple?
Once you graduate you get a FREE vehicle to drive around the game and a FREE armor which is be more then enough for the first few months in game.
You can become a mentor yourself.

What should I do first?
First of all you need to add me as your mentor.
Open the "Actions Library"(default key Y) and search for “mentor”.
There should be only 2 results: “Mentoring” and “Mentor register”.
Open
“Mentor register”, search for "Adrian Adi Martis" and send me a request to become a disciple.

What should a disciple do to graduate?
  • A disciple needs to unlock 3 achievements.
    • Crafting: make a crafting attempt
    • Mining: drop probes with a finder until you find at least one claim and harvest it (doesn't matter what claim type or size).
    • Hunting: kill one creature and loot it. IMPORTANT: you have to be in a TEAM with the Mentor.

• The progress need be get up to 100%.
    • ​This three skills influence the progress: Anatomy , Geology , Engineering
    • It doesn't matter which of these three skills are gained, its possible to degree with only one of this skills if you get enough of it.
    • The skillgain decreases so more skills you got in it !!

What are the rewards when a disciple graduates?

• Mentor:
    • A random “Mentors Edition” item. Most of these items are worthless, but some can have a markup of up to 10000 Ped.
  • Student:
    • Red Jeep AND(see picture below)
    • FULL SET of “Adjusted Pixie Armor”(see picture below)
    • TT-value of the Student reward is 31.10 ped.

If you want to become a mentor you have to fulfill these requirements:

1. Finalized your discipleship !!
  2. Your account is at least 6 month old !!
  3. Level 15 in ANY Profession !!

What to watch first?
Mindark's YouTube channel has some cool videos covering most of the major professions in game.
The channel can be found here.

What to read first?
Alice guide offers a great way to get an familiar with the major professions available in Entropia Universe.
The guide can be found here.

Overview of mobs available in Gateway, the starter area, thanks to Haruto's Rat post here
Phasm Pup: 20 HP, occurs near Lake Phrys (first turn right when you go east from the entrance); there are also two near Camp Amundsen;
+: the only really aggressive mob up there, so it's like real hunting, not shooting practice targets
+: occasionally drops phasm wool (300+% MU) (well, maybe 1 per 1000)
+: drops blue paint (~180%) now and then
-: snow can hurt your eyes, I for one can't do them more than few hours in a row
-: drops lots of hard-to-sell extractors (in order of frequency: inferior cloth, advanced stone, basic cloth, strong cloth)

Highland Exarosaur: 10 HP, occurs everywhere beyond Supply Pod, the biggest spawn being between Supply Pod and Twins;
+: the fewest HP, so people low on PED hunt them
-: more nolooters because of few HP
-: hunting them involves a lot of running around

Foulling: 15 HP (don't believe entropedia :p), occurs in the hills SW of Scott's Ridge, also one near exit
+: occasionally drops foul bones
-: hard to hunt because of rugged terrain

Highland Allophyl: 20 HP (young) or 30 HP (mature), occurs at the lake between Supply Pod and Twins (south of the road) and near the lake between Scott's Ridge and Jotun Falls;
+: fewer nolooters because of relative fatness
+: drops OJ guns (Azuro, Rubio, Lancehead, Proton, B101 amp) relatively often, sometimes even Oni-Ichi that other species don't (not that it's good for anything, just a factoid :)
+: the spawn between Supply Pod and Twins can be ground (or what is past participle of 'to grind'? :D) at a tremendous rate of more than 200 bones/hour despite there being only two animals
-: someone is usually already grinding that spawn

Highland Mourner: 20 HP, occurs beyond Twins, in the foulling area, and one near exit;
+: drops mourner skins relatively often
-: no good spawn
-: there is some issue with the new hitboxes as it swings violently when close up

Freshwater Calypsocod: 15 HP, there are two: one in the lake between Scott's Ridge and Jotun Falls, and another at a secret location :p
+/-: doesn't drop anything species-specific, just oils/hides/common components - no guns, no extractors, no skins, no paints...; whether this is a plus or a minus, depends on your circumstances
-: fishing all day can be boring

Highland Longtooth: 25 HP, there are two: one N of Scott's Ridge, another near the exit;
+: it looks cool, especially when the sun is setting :)
+: drops exarosaur skins often
-: it's often hard to find, and grinding is completely out of question

Hiryuu Fledgeling (MA spelling :p): 20 HP, occurs scattered near Scott's Ridge and beyond, also one near Camp Amundsen;
+: drops blue paint now and then
-: no good spawn
-: must walk back to avoid it getting stuck above your head
Waiting for your applications. :yay:

Last edited:
Ah you'll make a good mentor. Good Luck, Adi.

Last night I meet my first disciple and I'm very happy about this. :yay:

He seems like a good guy, enjoys EU so far, it's not totally inexperienced and has the patience to skill using the right way.

He had a slow start last night but let's wish him good luck, the road in EU is never an easy one. :)

BUMP! :cool:

gl on the mentoring,
knowledge of this game is so much more important then free gifts so im sure disciples will find a good mentor in ya

dont teach them to well...we need depositors :)

After I have accepted an avatar as disciple, please relog.

Once you relog, you should find my name in your Friend List(default map key is J)

Lots of questions answered so far but I want to answer some more!

Bumpy-dump!!! :wtg:

I got a few more disciples the past days, all of them are great guys and seem to like EU so far! :wtg:

Looking for a few more. Feel free to contact me on forum or add me from mentor register in game ;)

I'd also like to get a few higher skilled disciples, maybe we can share a few tips and tricks about EU.

:wise: Learn to play EU with minimal costs.

:wtg:

BUMP! :yay:

Must spread the knowledge! :woot:

A big welcome to EU to Mary Katerina Dorothy :yay:

PS: Please relog and PM me in game

Quick bump for my mentor taught me well

I got a new disciple over the week-end. Let's hope he will have the patience to survive in this harsh universe.

There's still room for a few more so BUMP! :yay:

I got a new disciple over the week-end. Let's hope he will have the patience to survive in this harsh universe.

There's still room for a few more so BUMP! :yay:

I would love to be mentored and brought more upto speed on this game. Please pm me in game. name is Jibbs Marshall Sexton

Back into the Mentoring business. :yay:

Looking for enlighten the mind of some fresh blood in EU :vampire:

Back