Loot 2.0 and Space

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
I very much look forward to the announced loot 2.0 update, hoping that it not only will make hunting more fair planetside but also in space.

Some of my most recent feedback to mindark regarding loot and space was from march this year and it seems to have been incorporated to some degree in the proposed changes:

'Just as a follow up regarding loot modifiers - i had these two points in my compact wishlist for space which i already sent you :
- avatar loot modifiers (as aquired through gameplay) are now separate for each planet and space
- lootpools are now separate for each planet and space
But thought i would go abit more into detail about this.
As it seems from my experience there is a correlation between how much a player has cycled and how likely he can score a global/hof which happens to be in balance to his turnover as long as the player stays in the same environment, but the moment that player switches to another planet or into space he automatically has a higher chance to global/hof then those who regularily hunt there provided he comes from a place where he was able to cycle more loot faster then those in place.
This puts local hunters at a disadvantage to the 'stranger' who can reap the rewards of the lootpool in which the 'locals' have payed into.
In the case of planetside hunting this advantage usually is not so obvious as similar guns can be used by all players and the advantage seems to usually shift based on weapon power/ equipment in use - but in the case of space where everyone has to use the same weapons and shoots in the same locations and at pretty much the same time (when you have different hunters as part of ship gunner team shooting simultaneously) it suddendly becomes very obvious that planetside hunters come with an 'build in' modifier due to the amount they are able to cycle on planets.
This is the reason why i think that loot modifiers should be obtained by avatars for each area/server they hunt in separately - to avoid 'strangers' depleting the lootpool of the 'locals' while hardly paying into it.'

So with loot 2.0 on the way and allowing players to specialize in certain ways/areas/types of hunting as it seems i hope that this will fully include the use of mounted weaponry, shipguns, shiprepairs (as form of healing) as well as ship armor class (based on captain level). Lets also hope that adding economy factors to planetside equippment will be appropriately reflected on space equippment/ships.

Please add what you hope Loot 2.0 will do for space.

Last edited:
Maybe loot 2.0 disables space lootable pvp and enables free interplanetary teleporters? Who knows?

Maybe loot 2.0 disables space lootable pvp and enables free interplanetary teleporters? Who knows?

gI8SpXY.gif

Space haters came in quickly to this one. :laugh:
Move along sweet cheeks

Who said i hated space? Try again butt pirate. (If we are making pet names for each other)

Space haters came in quickly to this one. :laugh:
Move along sweet cheeks

I'm not a space hater. I like entropia and I would like to see the other planets survive. I can't see that happening with space as it is.

I'm not a space hater. I like entropia and I would like to see the other planets survive. I can't see that happening with space as it is.

Nobody actually wants space to stay how it is. It is EXTREMELY buggy and boring as hell with very limited fun to be had. Thats why there is so much pathetic space drama. We get bored camping stations. We would rather there be more things to do. Space mining, Transport missions, More weapons, Space stuff to craft at howling mine, more space mobs, More things in general.
Theres a reason why we all want it to change. We want space to have far more elements in it to make it not just a hindrance on players... but yet another journey to be had in entropia.... that doesnt suck :D

Nobody actually wants space to stay how it is. It is EXTREMELY buggy and boring as hell with very limited fun to be had. Thats why there is so much pathetic space drama. We get bored camping stations. We would rather there be more things to do. Space mining, Transport missions, More weapons, Space stuff to craft at howling mine, more space mobs, More things in general.
Theres a reason why we all want it to change. We want space to have far more elements in it to make it not just a hindrance on players... but yet another journey to be had in entropia.... that doesnt suck :D

You and four others. Let's just cut the loss here and enable interplanetary teleporters. At one point they just have to realize that it failed and fix it with removing the travel hassle for regular players.

You and four others. Let's just cut the loss here and enable interplanetary teleporters. At one point they just have to realize that it failed and fix it with removing the travel hassle for regular players.

such a shame that you have no vision whatsoever

What about all those ship owners?
What about those taxis?
What about the crews?
What about the warp services?
What about the people who invested in space?

My wish for space to not suck is not a selfish one. Ive always wanted space to be more exciting even before I joined nebula virus elite. Before NVE I crewed on normandie and longed for space to be more exciting. Ive seen it on all fronts

As for loot 2.0 I hope that it affects space loot for the better because right now the dropships drop shit and the locusta are lacklustre. Lets not even talk about cosmic horror loot.

such a shame that you have no vision whatsoever

What about all those ship owners?
What about those taxis?
What about the crews?
What about the warp services?
What about the people who invested in space?

My wish for space to not suck is not a selfish one. Ive always wanted space to be more exciting even before I joined nebula virus elite. Before NVE I crewed on normandie and longed for space to be more exciting. Ive seen it on all fronts

As for loot 2.0 I hope that it affects space loot for the better because right now the dropships drop shit and the locusta are lacklustre. Lets not even talk about cosmic horror loot.

They have screwed over hangar owners before so no problem doing it again I'm sure :D Call it "space 2.0" and remove it for now and release it back in 4-5years like last time it went missing :D

i do agree with aztec, removing space as an whole is extremely unfair to the players that have MS's and have invested time into space.

the only way i can see TP between planets is to add a time delay and cost, plus no lootable stackables. ie it costs 5ped + 12 hours to tp, but if you tp again within 7 days, its 10ped and 12hours, increasing by 5 each TP.

space in general needs work,

another is to go virtually non PVP with instant TP at 20ped but there could be land grab zones around SS's and the winner runs that station for 30 days, guild gets tax from the training grounds within plus the whole 2 ped planet entry fee and fast tp fees

i do agree with aztec, removing space as an whole is extremely unfair to the players that have MS's and have invested time into space.

the only way i can see TP between planets is to add a time delay and cost, plus no lootable stackables. ie it costs 5ped + 12 hours to tp, but if you tp again within 7 days, its 10ped and 12hours, increasing by 5 each TP.

space in general needs work,

another is to go virtually non PVP with instant TP at 20ped but there could be land grab zones around SS's and the winner runs that station for 30 days, guild gets tax from the training grounds within plus the whole 2 ped planet entry fee and fast tp fees

Why should it be lootable and cost anything in the first place? It's just stupid. It's the same as that they disable planet teleporters and make all zones lootable pvp. It's forced upon and not wanted there to. Everyone would react then. If they have to have space make it so they can bother themselves up there and not the whole player base. Make some gigantic mobs that can only be hunted with mothership or some pvp events but for gods sake don't force that bullshit on everyone!

Thanks MiniM, for reliably trolling all space related topics and continuously derailing them - it really helps this part of the forum to discuss different topics related to space when you make every thread about what you want and ignore what everyone else wants...:rolleyes:

Maybe we can now return to the topic for which this thread was started :)

Any more opinions on what you think is important for mindark to consider when updating to loot 2.0 - related to space :)

As it seems from my experience there is a correlation between how much a player has cycled and how likely he can score a global/hof which happens to be in balance to his turnover as long as the player stays in the same environment, but the moment that player switches to another planet or into space he automatically has a higher chance to global/hof then those who regularily hunt there provided he comes from a place where he was able to cycle more loot faster then those in place.
This puts local hunters at a disadvantage to the 'stranger' who can reap the rewards of the lootpool in which the 'locals' have payed into.

This is an interesting theory. But then, almost everyone would be able to hof instantly just by going to Next Island, wouldn't they?

(Actually, last time we rats went there, 50% of us did :laugh: but 2 rodents is a small sample)

This is an interesting theory. But then, almost everyone would be able to hof instantly just by going to Next Island, wouldn't they?

(Actually, last time we rats went there, 50% of us did :laugh: but 2 rodents is a small sample)

I have been hunting in space for close to 6 years - thousands of hours of teamhunting - with members who only hunt in space as well as members who did cycle alot planetside - the pattern was obvious enough to make adjustments to how we performed teamhunts.

Thanks MiniM, for reliably trolling all space related topics and continuously derailing them - it really helps this part of the forum to discuss different topics related to space when you make every thread about what you want and ignore what everyone else wants...:rolleyes:

Any more opinions on what you think is important for mindark to consider when updating to loot 2.0 - related to space :)

He is not alone. Sorry, space as it is, is a waste of resources and time. MA should give everyone their money back and turn the free interplanetary teleporters on.

If not, then ya, turn on lootable pvp on all planets in all zones inside and out! :wtg:

More blueprint? Hmmm... seems lots of potential for space haters and lovers... interplanetary t.p or wormhole chips... shield generators... bigger guns... space suits and exoskeletons

He is not alone. Sorry, space as it is, is a waste of resources and time. MA should give everyone their money back and turn the free interplanetary teleporters on.

If not, then ya, turn on lootable pvp on all planets in all zones inside and out! :wtg:

It doesnt matter if he has a different opinion, thats what forums are for - what matters if you can post in a thread 'on topic' while discussing with varying opinions.
This thread has to do with loot 2.0 in space - not with teleporters - be welcome to discuss on topic.

Sorry Sir, this is not trolling, only an opinion which you for understandable reasons don't like but is precisely on topic because even if loot there were to become more attractive, it wouldn't change the premise one bit. It answers your question (from the opposite perspective) as to what we would like MindArk to consider.

Space currently is not a place most players want to be, it's an artificial abyss to separate planet economies for reasons which largely elude us to begin with. The way it was created as a "business opportunity" is a textbook example of what in the real world is called a racket. People do use the service you are providing without fault, but most do so grudgingly. Now with so much money invested, there just isn't an easy way to backpaddle even if they wanted. Everyone speaks for him-/herself and wants his/her own interests served, and these are diametrically opposite. MindArk made it so. Now I don't have a bright idea either (I published a few already but obviously to no avail).

History for support case 338123:

2017-03-08 20:34 You wrote:

Im very sorry for this but i need it to get it out of my my mind...

For me MA dont need to try to create a whole universe...more easy and close to "reality" somehow is to develop Solar systems with current planets...and explain with some examples:

1. Solar system with Calypso planet and asteroids, 1 big and 1 small planet for surface mining 1 gas giant with moons for future and small asteroid belt...
2. Solar system with Arkadia planet 1 big and 1 small planet for surface mining 1 or 2 gas giant with moons for future and big asteroid belt for space mining...
3. Solar system with RockTropia and Next Island 1 big and 1 small planet for surface mining 1 or 2 gas giant with moons for future and big asteroid belt for space mining...
4. Solar systems with Cyrene and Toulan (together or alone...i prefer...) 1 big and 1 small planet for surface mining 1 or 2 gas giant with moons for future and big asteroid belt for space mining...
5. and with every new PP new Solar System...

New contents in known systems as :
1. Star Bases...
2. Epic Space missions chains and Space Missions , Bounty Missions , Border missions...
3. Gas Giant planets/Skimming modules for big cargo ships...for new types of energy/warp engines/fuels/materials/Deeds...
4. Asteroid fields for mining/Ships/ship modules/armors/tools...for new types of ship hulls/ship outer hull shield/types of energy/Deeds...
5. Big Meteorites for mining/Ships/ship modules/armors/tools...for new types of ship hulls/ship outer hull shield/types of energy/Deeds...
6. Moons for mining/Ships/ship modules/armors/tools...for new types of ship hulls/ship outer hull shield/types of energy/Deeds...
7. PvP planets for Socs/Teams Base constructions and wars/Deeds/Special loots from extra rare alien species...
8. Player/Soc's Space Stations/Deeds/SS modules/Turrets/Repair bots/Scout bots/Guardian bots...
9. For old design MS/Privateers-Stafinders new replacment Weapons-Missiles/Radars/Eccm/Turrets/Shields mdls...

Damn...im dreaming again...

Faceof is Dynamic...
Faceof...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...t=#post3545003

With my Reggards
Chris (Faceof) Trimitzios...

2017-03-09 11:01 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Faceof,

Thank you for your support case.

First of all, never be sorry for giving motivated feedback, regardless if it is good or not, so long you put your thoughts into words with motivation of why and how your thought should be done it is always valuable.

We are only sorry that we can't give you a more thankful answer, your case will be forwarded to our Design team and Management for further consideration.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Faceof is Dynamic...:wise:
Faceof...:cool:

Could this be the end of 30% loot returns in space? I certainly hope so.

FYI : MA dont give a dime and dont have manpower to develop this features
for real ma barely have enough staff to keep EU running

All this lags
All this bugs in each vu
Loot Itself and economy degrade over years
And many others points need be fix before MA care about space , estates , battle shit , forget some?

It could be the best new of loot 2.0 (piracy is not hunting)
:yay:

i hope actually for a redesign of the loot type to

1. get more incentive to go to space
2. make space a resource location integrated into economy which delivers resources you cant find on planet.

for what loot 2.0 stands for we might want to see new upgrade slots in ships for various modifiers of weapons (hunting amps, pvp amps) or in the best case L weapon mounts with these modifiers to integrate space in to crafting economy more than ever. makes it possible to also implement UL weapons in space loot regarding the topic of having more incentives. i know these are only EU basics but possibly easy for MA to implement regarding developement time as they know how that functions from planet side.

i stop writing content ideas now cause i end up creating the next space content bible again with the knowledge that nothing will find its way into the game the next 20 years. i have had enough of that.

last thing:

if loot 2.0 builds on more factors of weapon and skill choice what is with space and its limited tool variations?

was there any comment of mindark regarding loot 2.0 and the space surrounding which is limited in tool choice?

FYI : MA dont give a dime and dont have manpower to develop this features
for real ma barely have enough staff to keep EU running

Not true, they have the staff they have an R&D budget, they may or may not have the willpower to truly make this Entropian Universe live up to it's name
What they lack would appear to be a proper management structure and the normal design focus of most companies.
A company should not be run by a bunch of artistes (programmers) having fun ideas, it should be run in a structured way to ensure completion of projects before starting new ones. Testing of the product to remove bugs before launch and an effective post launch 'fix it' team.
If they didn't have spare time and spare manpower they could not keep proliferating all these new and frankly silly add-ons

FYI :
All this lags
All this bugs in each vu
Loot Itself and economy degrade over years
And many others points need be fix before MA care about space , estates , battle shit , forget some?

Now I know I could be seen as biased as a space ship owner, and to some extent yeh I would love to see more space content, but I want to see a game that has minimal lag, where broken things (shops etc) are fixed first.
I would personally prefer we see less concentration on out of game apps etc as this is first and foremost a PC game.
Only once they get the basics right could we hopefully get a space update that works, that adds value to the game, that may even persuade the planet dwellers that space has a place in the universe. I dream of that day, but am far more concerned my dream may turn into a nightmare

Come on MA, you have a great product, that has a proven track record of retaining players longer than most other games. You have built not just a game but a Universe that has discrete communities, where players develop real friendships, hell even get RL married.
Please please re-focus..work with your strengths and stop pandering to the apps generation.

Come on MA, you have a great product, that has a proven track record of retaining players longer than most other games. You have built not just a game but a Universe that has discrete communities, where players develop real friendships, hell even get RL married.
Please please re-focus..work with your strengths and stop pandering to the apps generation.

:beerchug: Thanks for putting the other side to my slight negativity in '... another thread - cough'. Yes, MA loses a lot of people who try out EU, but those who stay seem to stay a lot longer than average too. I should have highlighted that as well....
Although space could do with changes, for sure, I also think it would be better for MA to focus on fixing things like shops first and improve things under a 'new mentality'. Only then do I think it would be wise to change space by any large amount.

It's still hard to tell what loot 2.0 is, but looking at the collection of (L) weaps newly introduced, there has been some very good thinking going into that I believe, so I truly wonder how that happened... show me more and fix more, and I may at some point grow in confidence again :)

Space needs a lot of stuff pps listed here earlier, but it's not happening :( I'm all up for Space 2.0

We should have real pirates with Space 2.0. Meaning space station turrets shoot them down, NPC patrols around planet space shoot them down, they can't land any planet etc.

You know, like real pirates. Currently we have bunch of lipsticked pussies who whine and cry when they get shot down or having verbal gonorrhea out of station camping boredom. Space as it is, with it's "pirates" does more damage than good.

Back