Suggestion: loot 2.0 was a mistake, make loot 3.0 or undo loot 2.0

Status

-old player automatically wins against new player

how come you're losing then??

-new player leaves the game, doesn't depo anymore
-less money for the game & economy

Are they leaving? I think both old and new are leaving. Doesnt make a difference.
I'm an old player. I dont depo anymore. So whats the point again?
Sure, less money is always bad, but that's another point and wont be fixed if it would go your way.

see why that is bad?

So, no, I dont see what's bad.

how come you're losing then??

because that's only in your mind. Reality is different to what's inside your mind.

Are they leaving?

many are or why do you think there's still so little players around after 15 years?

Sure, less money is always bad, but that's another point and wont be fixed if it would go your way.

you certainly won't fix it, by sticking to the bad stuff....

because that's only in your mind. Reality is different to what's inside your mind.

Ah ok, maybe I misinterpreted your many posts then.
My bad.

many are or why do you think there's still so little players around after 15 years?

because the game sucks and is as boring as hell?

you want to fix things that arent broken.

Sure, there are literally 1001 things that could be fixed and improved to make people join and stick longer.
But loot 3.0 won't fix any of that.

Ah ok, maybe I misinterpreted your many posts then.
My bad.

np. I can point out issues i see with the game, even when profiting ;)

you want to fix things that arent broken.

maybe not for you or from your point of view, but for other players it may be a huge part in the "because the game sucks" part.

maybe not for you or from your point of view, but for other players it may be a huge part in the "because the game sucks" part.

ah, that's a nice improvement of tone already :thumbup:

You know, that if you fix things for you, you will brake things for others, right?
Fixing things means breaking things. Simple as that.

Entropia is the place were you simply can't please all.
Impossible.

What is with the other 95% of the playerbase that play this game and do not whine on PCF, do they profit? hmmm..
07a71a8c4ac0151.gif

This calls for some Friday afternoon whiskey ?

You know, that if you fix things for you, you will brake things for others, right?
Fixing things means breaking things. Simple as that.

likewise.

Entropia is the place were you simply can't please all.

that may be true, but why should only the handful of ubers, which often seem to only care about their profit and never about the game, be pleased? Because atm it looks like EUs design only revolves about ubers and people who can depo a lot...

that may be true, but why should only the handful of ubers be pleased? Because atm it looks like EUs design only revolves about ubers and people who can depo a lot...

well, I can confirm you thats a matter of perception.
As you correctly wrote " it looks like..."

It doesnt.

But even so, why wouldnt it resolve around people who deposit?
It's the people who deposit that make the game stay afloat.

Somehow I do also read a lot of "whine" posts about ubers who DO depo a lot. They complain it doesnt resolve about them at all.

As I said, it's so extremely subjective.

well, I can confirm you thats a matter of perception.
As you correctly wrote " it looks like..."

It doesnt.

it's doesn't? loot 2.0 in summary:
give ubers/big depoers better return and more MU loot than small depoers on the same mob...

give ubers/big depoers better return and more MU loot than small depoers on the same mob...

again, you have such a twisted view of reality. At least as seen from my eyes.

loot 2.0 in summary: correction of the auto profit loot (loot 1.0), reduced volatility (more stable returns), reduced cost to play, giving a slight edge to skilled and geared avatars (giving the incentive to skill and gear up).

Which imo is a good thing.

correction of the auto profit loot (loot 1.0)

are you now only talking about TT-profit or profit after MU? Would be good if you clearify that as it's 2 different things... (yes, i know you're talking about tt-profit on some stuff).
Anyway, that change was necessary.

reduced volatility (more stable returns)
i kinda have to disagree... but then, randomness can still produce high volatility even if it's reduced.

reduced cost to play
see above. In the uber long run it may hold true.

giving a slight edge to skilled and geared avatars (giving the incentive to skill and gear up).

giving them auto-win against new players on same mob, there they've gone too far. Skilled and geared avatars hunting higher mobs, which hold better gear and stuff, would have been okay however...

Even if higher skilled and geared avatars get same tt-return and loot composition on same mob, then they still have an edge, like faster kill-speed, no need for armor/fapper, not having to constantly pay MU for gun...

Last edited:
I want to make the same money as a doctor without studying 10+ years and paying for the college.

+1

Get the hint, alukat, Xen put it simply enough for lowest IQ possible.

EU is not your jam, Alukat. You don't understand it. It will never change the way you want it to, just so it's easy for you to understand, This is still a competitive game and it has to stay that way for it to survive. What you describe is a junk prolly only you would play.

Last edited:
well currently with the mayhem, noobs can farm MU at the same rate as ubers but for a fraction of the cost ;)

EU is not your jam. You don't understand it. It will never change the way you want it to, just so it's easy for you to understand, This is still a competitive game and it has to stay that way for it to survive. What you describe is a junk prolly only you would play.

Hehe :laugh: i believe that Xen only was sarcastic with this thread..

I think Xen trolled Evey by accident there....

Hehe :laugh: i believe that Xen only was sarcastic with this thread..

Actually yes, that's what I ment, I was addressing to Alukat, fixed it, came out wrong initially!

well im a new player and i love this game! ;)

and im pretty sure i will stay for some while :)
(the soc im in is also growing everyday, we have alot of new players)

edit:

remember there is no free fun in mmos!

the only stuff that is free is the social experience and the money u make with ur own effort (sweating/gathering/trading)
fun always costs money, noone works for free!

but if u do, please call me i got tons of free jobs for you :D

Last edited:
His problem is that his playing cycle is just very short.
I guess that's why his bet is bigger than normal and maybe that's why he's unhappy, like those who have more time to play.

Lately I've been wondering how many people play 1-2 hours. What would be their cycle and their profit.

Some people just forget that these are suggestions and nothing depends on the comments ... they are just a dialogue between us.

This Thread is a conversation between ppl that barely speak the same language
1. Game loot is UNDER ammo+decay (we all agree)
2. basic setup return are 96..97.5% .... 20.000 USD setup return are 98.5% (you have upfronted 200.000 ped to get 1.5% more... RCE... money matters. it DOES matter)
3. if i cycle 100 ped hour at 96% my risk is 4 ped per hour and i get skill ... if i cycle 1000 ped hour at 98.5% i risk 15 ped hour

MU items are intended as NON-Shrapnel... if they are TT Food (it happens) it is better to get shrapnels that lead to 1% more return

LUCK still matters (a longshot can average all)

i played in 2007 then came back many years later ... 2.0 is a bless for levelling.
i am just 60ish combat but i see difference since i was 25ish... randomness is not there, skill do impact... needt o see every month, it is not WOW that make u level every hour.

my returns are 97.5 and sometime i see balance lower sometime i see it rising, all in all it is 5 month that i dont put money in game so there is a way to FLOAT

read my lips FLOAT .... game is not designed to let you "Progress for free".... you can, but any increase of level is designed to hit your VISA.
as you settle... you can FLOAT..... that is the best solution and yes someone can progress but is a minority and sometime not even uber can survive and see ped card loose value
so Alukat i am sorry but game works exactly as it is designed. it is not wrong..
you are.
because you are transfering your expectations in the loot system
and it does not care of you... or of me.. it cares to work as it is designed....
survival of the Fittest.....RCE
adapt or pay
dad but true....

(i hate payto play, not for money spent but because means i am not able to beat other gamers, i am aware i cant beat MA)

You can get 65%+ efficency with an adjusted bolga whip, probably one of the cheapest unlimited weapons in the game. Sell for a few hundred ped if you can catch one in auction. Sure you got to skill to level 18 I think to run it 10/10 but that's not much in the scheme of things.

I've over skilled on that whip well over x4 times. Still doesn't mean I can make a profit though pure TT. That said input weapon peds (ex amp) is just 130 ped an hour. Hardly expensive for some entertainment.

Besides who knows what the looter skill cap is to make ped. Players can assume its level 100, but what if its 200 or 300? Or if it gets adjusted just as you hit the ceiling haha.

Because of this constant moving goal posts over all the years I've played it, I'm pretty sure that whatever you do, you'll 'always' be chasing that target.

Now look at a top end player maybe constantly shooting 50 -100 ped "per kill" mobs. You think any of them have qualified with looter skill to make that profitable? I don't.

Now look at historical players that played the game for 15 years pre-looter skill (the old stars of the game). They "all" basically got relegated to noob status, without that looter skill.

Now let's assume they did come back and get level 200 looter skill, do they have 2 x 40k rings? Funny right haha.

The more you think about it, the noob running 50 ped a day, has probably got the better deal. Certainly doesn't have much risk anyway.

So it comes down to this.... play it for some fun. If you want to earn money, get a really good paying job instead.

Rick.

@Rick -tagged the wrong rick. I dunno how this works lol.

The economics of EU are funny.
In RL I run my own company and we turn over millions of dollars annually, but I get more excited when I make 100 ped profit in entropia. Getting income via a video game is a great novelty to me.
I think it’s rude to delve into people’s financials so I won’t ask what kinds of PED these guys are making/spending.
You could say to a high level hunter that their time would be better spend at a RL job. Sure from a strictly financial sense you would likely be right, but I think money earned here has a different sense of accomplishment than working a cashier in some shop, even if that does pay better.
I’ll never bag on somebody’s dedication and commitment to the game, as long as it does not become an unhealthy addiction, then they need help.
They certainly have more balls than me.

Ok, give me a sec… I’m still picturing the whole “punching new players / small depositors in the face” thing :laugh:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but when I started, the only SIB weapons were the two ones and MA said they were targeting a cost for the average player of $2/hr. Not to mention all of the crap VUs and stupidity that everyone put up with. So, I’m sorry if anyone feels like they are spending too much to play EU. Afaik, WoW is still an option. Also, Forge of Empires is a lot of fun.

Ok, give me a sec… I’m still picturing the whole “punching new players / small depositors in the face” thing :laugh:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but when I started, the only SIB weapons were the two ones and MA said they were targeting a cost for the average player of $2/hr. Not to mention all of the crap VUs and stupidity that everyone put up with. So, I’m sorry if anyone feels like they are spending too much to play EU. Afaik, WoW is still an option. Also, Forge of Empires is a lot of fun.

10+ and 13+.. Not that I have anything against the young .. you know.
I'm starting to get used to English grammar, lol is used instead of a dot, right?

@OP = you are wasting your time looking for anyone to agree with you here. The game has been the same since i started in 2007 - only difference from that game, to V10 update, to loot 2.0 is how the few that can profit profit.

either accept you are going to lose until you spend 1000's and 1000's of $ to get skilled and will still be behind those "ubers" that run their ava 24 hours a day and share it with others. You will never be able to win hi MU items in events or in loot as MA has allowed the creation of these players, which they need in a way. Giving the top prizes to the top skilled is the illusion MA uses to say its a "skill based game" due to some irrational fear that some government agency cares a rat's ass about a puny company with puny revenue. and yes I know some other non Ubers have looted items and won events but we all know about the recent scandal with the yog now don't we - and that's just the one exploit uncovered.

But don't fret, eventually many more people will leave and then some of the people that are profiting today will suddenly see that they can't because there is less $ in the system and less MU that MA allows to be given to the non-top players allowing for playing for free or profit. Then they will complain and get the same treatment (just with varying explanations to dismiss their complaints) by those that continue to profit.

As more and more people leave because there are no longer 1000's of players losing a little Ped to allow MA to make a profit to exist, then you have what happened years ago- mid level and high level players who were doing good slowly realized they cannot profit or even break even, even with MU (and for other reasons too i am sure), so they leave and then others will start to lose etc... in the end only a few can play for free, someone has to lose or no one would deposit and MA would go bankrupt. But coming here, where the few that can profit bash any thoughts that could change their position, looking for agreement to your post will be met with dismissive posts, as you can see from some of the replies.

So eventually you get to the bottom and have to decide to pay and play, find a way to exists w/o depositing, or just leave and talk with your wallet because MA and most people on this forum do not care unless they themselves are losing regardless of what they do (meaning they just joined the ranks of those that are just doing it wrong or not tracking results right :). And at that point they will be faced with the decision you are facing (maybe, i can be over reaching with this assumption) and many others have faced over the years.

just my 2pec...

If you want to earn money, get a really good paying job instead.

The problem is that in all hunting related threads where you post you always offer an alternative to the game. Be it a job, the beach, the wife, just anything but a solution to the topic at hand. You're doing people a very bad service if every time they have an issue, a problem or they just come for help, to help them with a random problem you make up in your head, or just put some mumbo jumbo crap as solution. No Rick, you can use this advice in life too, not just in game: you need t help people with their goal, their issue. Any professional in any field will ask first what is the problem so they can present with the best solutions.

You could also try a few things, you could do something shocking for you like actually learning what we're saying here. Or even more shocking - you could ask, instead of coming up with these ridiculous theories of your. They're just assumptions and as always, the farthest away from the truth.

Be an adult and take the dislike I gave you as a feedback to the ideas you put in the post. If you have problems with the dislike, ask, don't insult, it will not help you make your argument any better. Katie gave the key to success in anything in life: determination. Have enough of that and you're set. I said in many occasion (coz why the fuck not, people are very interested in this aspect) I am a programmer and I do pretty well for myself and my family, making profit here is one of my hobbies. Speaking of family, I am a dad of two boys and I'm making considerable efforts so that they never act as bullies, and always take a stance against such elements...
Stay on topic, Rick and try to learn the game from those that have some experience.

So it comes down to this.... play it for some fun. If you want to earn money, get a really good paying job instead.

Rick.

The problem is that in all hunting related threads where you post you always offer an alternative to the game. Be it a job, the beach, the wife, just anything but a solution to the topic at hand. You're doing people a very bad service if every time they have an issue, a problem or they just come for help, to help them with a random problem you make up in your head, or just put some mumbo jumbo crap as solution. No Rick, you can use this advice in life too, not just in game: you need t help people with their goal, their issue. Any professional in any field will ask first what is the problem so they can present with the best solutions.

You could also try a few things, you could do something shocking for you like actually learning what we're saying here. Or even more shocking - you could ask, instead of coming up with these ridiculous theories of your. They're just assumptions and as always, the farthest away from the truth.

Be an adult and take the dislike I gave you as a feedback to the ideas you put in the post. If you have problems with the dislike, ask, don't insult, it will not help you make your argument any better. Katie gave the key to success in anything in life: determination. Have enough of that and you're set. I said in many occasion (coz why the fuck not, people are very interested in this aspect) I am a programmer and I do pretty well for myself and my family, making profit here is one of my hobbies. Speaking of family, I am a dad of two boys and I'm making considerable efforts so that they never act as bullies, and always take a stance against such elements...
Stay on topic, Rick and try to learn the game from those that have some experience.

Uhh Evey, seriously?

This was actually the most sensible thing Rick ever said, "if you want to make money, get a job".
And you keep shitting on him?

We all know your "succes story". You make tons of money here and everybody can do it. Right?

Well, wrong.
Sure, it's possible to make some petty cash here with grinding. But to call it making money is BS.
For that, you'd better get a paying job.
Simple as that.

Sure, some folks here do make some money, and the very rare one makes a lot.
But don't go throwing it around that everybody could make a living out of this. Because that's bullshit and you know it.
If we all could make tons of money here the game would be over in a sec!
Who would pay for it if we all made money???

Making (serious) money in entropia is not meant for the masses. It's only for the extreme die hards with pure devotion (and lot of investment).
Others better just find a paying job and play for a small fee.
Just as Rick meant and he's totally right about it.

Keep in mind, we aren't all Eveys and messis who spend our mortal lives here on this planet solely devoted to entropia.
So maybe you should try to empathise with normal human beings as well and try to look from their perspective for once.

Status
Back