Loot and EU Play

It's been 4 years today since I basically took Epik's advice, and I'm wondering -

What does a welcome back HOF look like if your looter level is like, 5?

Welcome back HoF might not exist anymore since loot 2.0
From my understanding, the dynamics that caused this have changed.
The system seems "more fair" now, but doesn't have the payback failsafe it used to have.
So anything you lose now, you lost and there are no make up HoFs to compensate.

I am not sure if in the same vein, Hofs are not punished anymore either.

Anyway, it seems loot has become even more 1-dimensional, which makes cost to play easier to calculate but leaves a lot less room for nice surprises too. I'm not sure why MA would have chosen this path, unless they had to comply to some gaming laws, since it is less "addictive/fun" this way.

Right so after playing this game as a game for 15 years and loosing depositing loosing depositing which has been the cycle ever since lead to my critical views. It was fun but end result was always the same. I had nothing good to say about this platform and majority of my posts will make that clear but with no solid evidence to back it up it’s just words.

So I set out to make some evidence, got my act together with all the advice I had gathered from years from high end players bought some stuff geared up accordingly and was once again slapped in the face.

How you ask?

Let’s just say things are working exactly how they are meant to. I won’t go into details but I will say this. Get your act together.

only regret I would say I have now is I wish I had acted upon this advice much sooner. But it’s been fun then and Now it’s even more fun.

early days but let’s see.

Regards
Tees

Last edited:
Welcome back HoF might not exist anymore since loot 2.0
From my understanding, the dynamics that caused this have changed.
The system seems "more fair" now, but doesn't have the payback failsafe it used to have.
So anything you lose now, you lost and there are no make up HoFs to compensate
Allow me to disagree.
Althoug there is no "personal loot pool" as stated by the MA devs, there is an evidence of "mean reversion" of the returns that are very very very similar to a "dogwalk effect".
i am pretty sure that there is some "personal return adjustment mechanism" that i myself have experienced and lead me so far to returns in the 93/97% really very close to the percentages stated by the INfamous report of 2017
i experienced a 4k ped drawdown killing Atrox in Rocktropia, doing the local IRON mission, then came to caly got a 7.2k hof, then i got a dry spell that lead me to loose 2500 ped with about 20k instances of 1 ped argonauts (i was prepared to dilute activity on small monster afer a hof to reset is present any "counter"). this pattern resulted in a total return again of 98 percent over a quarter including the big (for my standards) jump

game DOES HAVE Memory in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Allow me to disagree.
Althoug there is no "personal loot pool" as stated by the MA devs, there is an evidence of "mean reversion" of the returns that are very very very similar to a "dogwalk effect".
i am pretty sure that there is some "personal return adjustment mechanism" that i myself have experienced and lead me so far to returns in the 93/97% really very close to the percentages stated by the INfamous report of 2017
i experienced a 4k ped drawdown killing Atrox in Rocktropia, doing the local IRON mission, then came to caly got a 7.2k hof, then i got a dry spell that lead me to loose 2500 ped with about 20k instances of 1 ped argonauts (i was prepared to dilute activity on small monster afer a hof to reset is present any "counter"). this pattern resulted in a total return again of 98 percent over a quarter including the big (for my standards) jump

game DOES HAVE Memory in my humble opinion.

then where the fuck is my 70k hof to bring me ip to 94% returns then?

I think in your case it might be having a delayed memory reaction? 🤷‍♂️

I think in your case it might be having a delayed memory reaction? 🤷‍♂️

I am certain that my luck is just poor, or in general just ass in EU :p

I do however have some theories on loot that i feel are more likely to be true, but to test them in a feasably way is not really plausible. And if testing to see and if correct, they would do like most other games who also have a similar way of doing "RNG Loot" and change it within hours.

TL DR wild theory i'm sure others have talked about it but, Accounts / characters have seeds, get a good seed, you're set for good and you are likely to be quite "lucky" have a bad seed, well you will suck on the short stick for all time to come. Most people will be in the spectrum between very bad and very good, as seeds are random too. and to test these things is just brutally expensive in Entropia terms, and could be changed in a few hours to few days if Mindark realized someone was possibly figuring that out :p

At the end of the day, I feel shouting at clouds help, as well as just not paying to play entropia anymore, it does mean that my stuff will dwindle down, but i wish it would last a little whiles longer and not dwindle away by christmas this year just by using low level gear hehe

I am certain that my luck is just poor, or in general just ass in EU :p

I do however have some theories on loot that i feel are more likely to be true, but to test them in a feasably way is not really plausible. And if testing to see and if correct, they would do like most other games who also have a similar way of doing "RNG Loot" and change it within hours.

TL DR wild theory i'm sure others have talked about it but, Accounts / characters have seeds, get a good seed, you're set for good and you are likely to be quite "lucky" have a bad seed, well you will suck on the short stick for all time to come. Most people will be in the spectrum between very bad and very good, as seeds are random too. and to test these things is just brutally expensive in Entropia terms, and could be changed in a few hours to few days if Mindark realized someone was possibly figuring that out :p

At the end of the day, I feel shouting at clouds help, as well as just not paying to play entropia anymore, it does mean that my stuff will dwindle down, but i wish it would last a little whiles longer and not dwindle away by christmas this year just by using low level gear hehe
What's your current TT returns/loot events/efficiency/looter levels?

You are not alone with that... There will be ATHs happening for all of us with that "problem".

i think this question goes right to the point an earlier poster made

do people have any idea how much ped would have to cycle at statistically-guaranteed low TT returns to max looter levels, just to bring you up to ~95% with a typical weapon that didn't cost $3k USD? :)

P

do people have any idea how much ped would have to cycle at statistically-guaranteed low TT returns to max looter levels, just to bring you up to ~95% with a typical weapon that didn't cost $3k USD? :)
around 5 billion ped I would guess.

or you know......you could just mine and get a constant 96%😉*flaunts self blog *
'My Mining Journey' https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-mining-journey.288918/post-3840836

If you could make a quick 5 dos and dont for mining what would they be?
1. Do Not quicksell stuff that has good MU.

2. Do not stock on useless stuff. This one may seem a bit controversial but lets say if i have 109 ped oil and 109 ped lyst. i know i can sell lyst for 3% mu at worst, cause it always has demand. oil, its close to impossible to sell a huge amount. yes you can sell 20 ped stacks for 105% but even that takes weeks of relisting. If i am to cycle 1k ped a day, i need to prioritize the resources i store. the MU should justify the time spent on mining them.

3. Dont continue to drop bombs, specially amped, if you not getting good hitrates on a particular server. Sometimes, change is better than banging your head against a wall.

4. Market research. This is a huge topic to cover so all ill say is, study the orders on AH.

5. Mining is not fun. its slow and boring.....but if done right, definitely profitable. Pedbank is key.
Do not start mining with anything less than 2k pedbank. And do not even think about amped mining without at least 10k bank.
I actualy broke rule no.5 but only because i know Arkadia like the back of my hand.😉

1. Do Not quicksell stuff that has good MU.

2. Do not stock on useless stuff. This one may seem a bit controversial but lets say if i have 109 ped oil and 109 ped lyst. i know i can sell lyst for 3% mu at worst, cause it always has demand. oil, its close to impossible to sell a huge amount. yes you can sell 20 ped stacks for 105% but even that takes weeks of relisting. If i am to cycle 1k ped a day, i need to prioritize the resources i store. the MU should justify the time spent on mining them.

3. Dont continue to drop bombs, specially amped, if you not getting good hitrates on a particular server. Sometimes, change is better than banging your head against a wall.

4. Market research. This is a huge topic to cover so all ill say is, study the orders on AH.

5. Mining is not fun. its slow and boring.....but if done right, definitely profitable. Pedbank is key.
Do not start mining with anything less than 2k pedbank. And do not even think about amped mining without at least 10k bank.
I actualy broke rule no.5 but only because i know Arkadia like the back of my hand.😉
So server “speculation” (excuse my term) is real then? There’s actually different rates or pools or whatever in different servers?

do you use lbml or just go bareback?

Last edited:
So server “speculation” (excuse my term) is real then? There’s actually different rates or pools or whatever in different servers?

do you use lbml or just go bareback?
bareback. i never was able to get lbml work properly. but i do manually track my hitrate. i can name a few servers on Ark if not on Caly where hitrates are usualy bad cause of pocketed resources. the Redulite server on Arkadia is a good example.

current returns on caly is 74% ish, i stopped running nanny at that some weeks ago, and i rarely see more than 1-2 globals a day. Ocassionally i see more and i can headmath quickly and see i should be about 90-99% return but one of those runs in a sea of 50-60% returns means little.

i disregard other planets as ive only been able to cycle 10-40k on each and returns have never gone over 60% on any planet besides monria were it was good the first time i went long time ago now

my hunts are always exclusivly 1000 ped ammo pr run. And i cycle 30-50k before inevitably i fucked up nanny somehow. Total cycle is 500k ish, im sure some will say that isnt enough but whatever.

my looter levels i dont recall out of my head, about 30ish? Efficiency is 60% on the weapon no clue if it takes other stuff into account? I generally avoid hunting stuff that will eat my armor as my evade isnt the best at lvl 40.

i run ewe military adj with 105HC most of the time. Its tier 9 and propped full of accu enhancers. I hunt stuff appropriate for the gun, i sometimes splurge and do feffox where ill have to run more 50/50 damage and accu due to their health levels for example but i mostly hunt stuff appropriate for full accu. (If you see me global on aurli thats also hybrid)

if i dont use that i use a tier 8 mk2 adj which is also the same setup but i do sometimes slap pure full dmg enhancers on it , it still then remains quite good to use but kind of pointless. Ow with the military so, thats a bygone time.

dunno what you mean with loot events? Globals as above, ‘minis’ are rare. My dpp is only about 3.3-3.5 according to nanny when im buffed using a ares perf and canes. I rarely see items or MU. I will however often see items if i hunt a mob for the first time.

example; caperons, my first hunt gave me 2 mushrooms and 1 essence in a 1 hour hunt. But then every single hunt since, ive never seen any item or barely any global.
Shibs on monria, first time there i saw a lot of globals and tonnes of shib skulls and fuses (using mk2 setup) moving to bigger shibs or smaller now with mk2 or military i barely see any globals and its been weeks since i saw a fuse last tine.

the obly thing i notice is that if i spend a bit hunting somewere, 4-5 hours or so. I guarantee that within 1-2 days someone will hit a 5 digit hof on those mobs. Its so far been true for the past year or so. So IF you see me getting globals on something in the span of a few hours, be sure to try, im waiting for a big furor hof as i spent a while on those not long ago but i never see anyone poking them

current returns on caly is 74% ish, i stopped running nanny at that some weeks ago, and i rarely see more than 1-2 globals a day. Ocassionally i see more and i can headmath quickly and see i should be about 90-99% return but one of those runs in a sea of 50-60% returns means little.

i disregard other planets as ive only been able to cycle 10-40k on each and returns have never gone over 60% on any planet besides monria were it was good the first time i went long time ago now

my hunts are always exclusivly 1000 ped ammo pr run. And i cycle 30-50k before inevitably i fucked up nanny somehow. Total cycle is 500k ish, im sure some will say that isnt enough but whatever.

my looter levels i dont recall out of my head, about 30ish? Efficiency is 60% on the weapon no clue if it takes other stuff into account? I generally avoid hunting stuff that will eat my armor as my evade isnt the best at lvl 40.

i run ewe military adj with 105HC most of the time. Its tier 9 and propped full of accu enhancers. I hunt stuff appropriate for the gun, i sometimes splurge and do feffox where ill have to run more 50/50 damage and accu due to their health levels for example but i mostly hunt stuff appropriate for full accu. (If you see me global on aurli thats also hybrid)

if i dont use that i use a tier 8 mk2 adj which is also the same setup but i do sometimes slap pure full dmg enhancers on it , it still then remains quite good to use but kind of pointless. Ow with the military so, thats a bygone time.

dunno what you mean with loot events? Globals as above, ‘minis’ are rare. My dpp is only about 3.3-3.5 according to nanny when im buffed using a ares perf and canes. I rarely see items or MU. I will however often see items if i hunt a mob for the first time.

example; caperons, my first hunt gave me 2 mushrooms and 1 essence in a 1 hour hunt. But then every single hunt since, ive never seen any item or barely any global.
Shibs on monria, first time there i saw a lot of globals and tonnes of shib skulls and fuses (using mk2 setup) moving to bigger shibs or smaller now with mk2 or military i barely see any globals and its been weeks since i saw a fuse last tine.

the obly thing i notice is that if i spend a bit hunting somewere, 4-5 hours or so. I guarantee that within 1-2 days someone will hit a 5 digit hof on those mobs. Its so far been true for the past year or so. So IF you see me getting globals on something in the span of a few hours, be sure to try, im waiting for a big furor hof as i spent a while on those not long ago but i never see anyone poking them
good bit of insight👍 hunting still has a lot of mystery behind it

Good job Mika for using accu enh in loot 2.0

Loot events = how many mobs you're killing which is the only number that matters if your concern is TT return %. From what you're saying basically which was my suspicion, is that you're hunting way out of your bankroll and contributing it to bad luck rather than not enough turn over to come close to expected returns.

For example this is my current returns after 2k+ PED cycled:
Osh7BLe.png

75% returns with a 92.5% Efficiency weapon and almost lvl 70 looter. Do I think I'm unlucky? Not at all because I only killed 120~ mobs in that 2k cycle so far. I already know for a fact those numbers will average out closer to 96-97% so it doesn't concern me at all.

Biggest thing you should be doing is hunting stuff appropriate to your bankroll, not appropriate to your gun. Aim for at least 100k+ kills on a mob before you even see any semblance of an expected average TT % return.

Biggest thing you should be doing is hunting stuff appropriate to your bankroll, not appropriate to your gun. Aim for at least 100k+ kills on a mob before you even see any semblance of an expected average TT % return.
A noble attempt... but the concept of living within your means is complicated enough for most people to understand in the real world. The average Entropian can not fight the urge to go big after seeing that big fat Mulmun HOF.

Yes, indeed... The sight of a level 20 animal looter taking on the mighty behemoth Eomon is quite the sight to behold. With their inability to evade, limited Perseus, and 180 second time-to-kill, what's not to like?

Yes. A blueprint existing that only consumes TT material (and for some reason returns blueprints, gems, and residue???) is a problem. But I've read this (type of) post enough times by now to know that player retention is a player-made problem. If people could find their own way to have fun (that they could actually afford) instead of chasing the swirl then they'd be much better off.

It is what it is. I think we'd be better off from a retention perspective if the global channel didn't even exist but how can you blame a company for making that money. Did you know that even lab rats were found to have behavior patterns similar to degenerate casino gamblers when exposed to flashy lights and sound cues? What can you expect from Entropians when they see that people are just printing soooo much money in the Moloch Depths? Sheesh. :laugh:

:popcorn:

Loot events = how many mobs you're killing which is the only number that matters if your concern is TT return %. From what you're saying basically which was my suspicion, is that you're hunting way out of your bankroll and contributing it to bad luck rather than not enough turn over to come close to expected returns.

For example this is my current returns after 2k+ PED cycled:
Osh7BLe.png

75% returns with a 92.5% Efficiency weapon and almost lvl 70 looter. Do I think I'm unlucky? Not at all because I only killed 120~ mobs in that 2k cycle so far. I already know for a fact those numbers will average out closer to 96-97% so it doesn't concern me at all.

No offense but that is the same kind of bullshit answer that contributes to the problem.

"You dont have enough bankroll, do something else" That is not a solution, that is the reason for the problem. If I were to go by this, id be limited to hunting micro mobs, and there too the times i for fun just run around with some rinky dinky stuff and shoot snables, its still jsut awfull returns.

People really need to stop that mindset imo. I can agree, and i do see why people bring up that argument, but do you want Entropia to be a game that thrives for all players or just a few incredibly wealthy people?

200 millionaires will not manage to keep the game afloat. 20 000 people of all sizes and financial standings, will. Its not directly a issue of the 200 people not paying the bills of Mindark, because they likely could. But who will replace them when they quit? If only new millionaires will be able to play and actually do fucking jack shit in this game, what about the rest? People who aren't millionaires, will come in, try, and quit fast as they only meet the same arguments you're now giving me.

If you read my post i said i do 1000 ped hunts, IE i buy/bring 1000 ped worth of ammo, and my total cycle at least as i recall in nanny before i quit using it was just under 500k, i said 500k to round it up. That in laymans terms means 500 hunts. So In thise case we can retroactivly get a rough estimate of loot events by looking at what i've hunted and we can even use entropialife to get a rough estimate here.

Given my gun has roughly 97DPS at hybrid, which is what over the past few months i've used most. 4 DMG 5 Accu) we'll just round that down to 95 DPS, the average of the mobs i've hunted in the past while is about 1500, Ill count summer migration into it (Longtooth actually looted really well for me keep that in mind as we move forward here). So that is 1500 / 95 = 15.7894736842 Shots to kill

Moving forward we'll go on here and just round that to 15.8 shots, it will not really matter to much to lose decimals. At a cost of 23.567 PEC this means that each kill is 15.8*23.567 PEC Which brings it to 372.110526316 pec pr kill. We'll just use 3.72 ped moving from here.

So we then know that 1000 ped is what i start with, that means at 3.72 ped pr kill, it will give us about 312.5 kills, lets just round that down to 312.

We know there were 500 hunts, roughly, which brings the grand total of loot events to roughly 156 250 kills of random stuff. This is extremely rough, the number is not 150k kills but its over the 100k you claim to be enough. I know we do not count in misses here, we do not count in other factors, and we do not count specific mobs, but say i hunted a mob with 1500 HP that is what the numbers would be, using wiki to get decay figures etc. 150k kills, 50k more than you claim to be sufficient, yet i'm still deadass sitting on fucking trash returns. I've hit your bankroll requirment, now what?

So again, HOW MUCH MONEY; IS ADEQUATE BANKROLL FOR PLAYERS TO EXPECT TO PAY? is it 1000k kills? perhaps its 2000k kills? Do we _NEED_ 90% efficiency weapons that there barely exist any of and that cost tens of thousands to buy? What are we grasping for here? Like I mentioned in the other thread to someone else, Why do we have to argue wether or not someone THROWS enough money at the game? Can we stop bickering between players as if the players are the issue? I do not seek to be rich, I know the game will not make me rich, I play the game to have fun, and when i play a game that as it is today, is so fucking expensive it makes no sense AT ALL for a new player to wander in and play, and the monthly cost is so fucking insane, is the problem the player being poor, or the game being way to inflated and convoluted in terms of cost?

How in the name of holy spirits, are we supposed to attract any new player, when they will be faced with "you just need to quite litterally spend tens of thousands of USD to even begin getting somewhere, and you can only do that after spending even more money for a good year or two, just to have the skilsl to use the stuff that will cost you a litteral fortune to use" ?

Is entropia a game purely for the incredibly rich, or can we accept that there is a issue, and its annoying having to make arguments against people who have incredibly deep pockets, who have incredible wealth and can dish out the funds to see what is expected?

My take is very simple, if you can dish out the incredible amount of money it costs to have the best items, to have the best gear, to afford running it, on incredibly tough shit, that should be rewarded with being able to more easily push over the limit of actually earning money, steadily see good returns, very good returns.

But just becasue someone isnt amongst the 100-200 people able to afford these items, and are forced to fall back on other not as good items, why should that default into accepting awfull returns, and requiring paying hefty amounts?

Even me, who actually is poor, have been able to have the bankroll to hit your arbitrary 100k mobs which imo, is a "out of your ass" number, not in a direct meaning but generally just taken out of thin air. Once met, someone will jsut change it to "oh you need at least 200k kills on one specific maturity of a mob."
And once that is hit, someone will just change it again, "oh you need at least 500k kills, on one single mob type, without ever doing anything else, and you must at least have 100 looter levels, and 200 evader, and unless your weapons have 99% efficiancy you cannot expect decent results"...

To reiterate i do not go against you, so take no offence even if it is very sharply aimed, but for god sakes who do we want EU to be for? Everyone, or just a select few rich folk? There is not enough high efficiency guns for everyone, there is not enough gear for everyone. If only those who are rich, and have the items should in any shape or form hunt in this case, why do any other item in the game exist? If any other item besides the creme de la creme means a surefire way to get awfull returns, why does anyone use them, play with them?

Edit: Your argument does work for the numpties who jump in, and do just buy the biggest baddest armor and plates, and the fattest guns they can get and go hit shit out of their zone being walking damage sponges of decay and awfullness. I'm talking about people who are not perfect, who might go do stuff that is at least 5-10% above or below what they should, or should not be doing.

If people could find their own way to have fun (that they could actually afford) instead of chasing the swirl then they'd be much better off.
Gotta be careful going down that route. Anyone who has played EU for very long knows there's not a whole lot of actual "game" there, in the conventional sense. That's part of the issue, I think. People can have fun losing money and not regret it. The lack of real game systems in EU has essentially taught the community to focus on efficiency and "trying to beat the house" as a game system. That inevitably leads......here.

I hunt mobs with a lr-20 adjusted + 203 amp , perfested ares ring. I do hunts of 1000 ped ammo. My bankroll is usually around 10k ped and it always slowly drops over time. I do not hunt for MU and i still hit a return of over 95% .
Take it as you will but skills matter, bankroll matters more. Hunting the right mobs within your bankroll tops eff,dpp and any other metrics used.
Sinds i started tracking my returns i haven't been lower then 91% not counting months were i only cycled a few 1000 ped.
THIS IS how hunting seems to works, there is no escaping it. Adept or loose peds.

This post is not meant to insult you but hopefully to help you understand.

EDIT : there is plenty of fun to be had hunting smaller mobs too.

Gotta be careful going down that route. Anyone who has played EU for very long knows there's not a whole lot of actual "game" there, in the conventional sense. That's part of the issue, I think. People can have fun losing money and not regret it. The lack of real game systems in EU has essentially taught the community to focus on efficiency and "trying to beat the house" as a game system. That inevitably leads......here.

Most people think people like me whine and complain because of this, actually. The times i keep hearing ‘stop whining you just want to get rich quick’
Im sure theres people who genuinly do complain about not being rich or making a profit. But i always side with the people against, one would have better roi on bottlecaps and pokemoncards than most things in eu.

I hunt mobs with a lr-20 adjusted + 203 amp , perfested ares ring. I do hunts of 1000 ped ammo. My bankroll is usually around 10k ped and it always slowly drops over time. I do not hunt for MU and i still hit a return of over 95% .
Take it as you will but skills matter, bankroll matters more. Hunting the right mobs within your bankroll tops eff,dpp and any other metrics used.
Sinds i started tracking my returns i haven't been lower then 91% not counting months were i only cycled a few 1000 ped.
THIS IS how hunting seems to works, there is no escaping it. Adept or loose peds.

This post is not meant to insult you but hopefully to help you understand.

EDIT : there is plenty of fun to be had hunting smaller mobs too.

how many lr-20’s exist? 10?

and at 25-35k see my arguments avove. Why bother with any other item, if only creme de la creme works and theres not even a dozen of said gun.

why does any other item exist if the only way to do it ‘how it works’ is with the items that just barely exist and if for sale will cost tthousands of usd?

Sounds to me like your playing wrong.

1. your using huge guns full of enhancers, enhancers are almost always going to lower your returns due to their markup cost. They are for events not regular hunting.

2. You shouldn’t recycle your ped balance when hunting, you’ll always get bad returns with that logic: 95% of 100 is 95, then do 95% of that and your at 90.25, do it again and your at 85% keep repeating and you’ll be at 60% in no time.
you need to have a ped balance and use that, then sell the items for markup and repeat. That’s how you keep above 100% with markup.

3. for gods sake don’t hunt in calypso.

sell those big guns and hunt smaller using the ped balance from those guns or deposit like 100X what your playing with as you don’t have enough peds to use those guns for large enough runs to get a guaranteed 95% which you would get if you had larger runs without cycling your ped.

Back